As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hotel Hate & Hope (Free dinner with cheese and whine!)

• Options
    Little JimLittle Jim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2008
    I disagree becuase as a warrior both a soul linked warlocks and a shadow priests are damn near impossible to kill.

We have already covered mages...

Hunters can crowd control me to oblivion...

Druids can just go boomkin which gives them the powers of a caster and the 400 percent armor increase of bear form....

pretty much all of these are beatable as a MS warrior, assuming around an equal set of gear

i can't kill SL/SL warlocks with 16K HP either, but i'm sure a warrior in full s3/4 would give them a worry, know what i mean?

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • Options
    MistaCreepyMistaCreepy Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Little Jim wrote: »
    I disagree becuase as a warrior both a soul linked warlocks and a shadow priests are damn near impossible to kill.

Druids can just go boomkin which gives them the powers of a caster and the 400 percent armor increase of bear form....

pretty much all of these are beatable as a MS warrior, assuming around an equal set of gear

i can't kill SL/SL warlocks with 16K HP either, but i'm sure a warrior in full s3/4 would give them a worry, know what i mean?

I agree... my whole rant was based on the fact that alot of people say warriors are OP, which cant be farther from the truth.

MistaCreepy on
    PS3: MistaCreepy::Steam: MistaCreepy::360: Dead and I don't feel like paying to fix it.
  • Options
    DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Little Jim wrote: »

I agree... my whole rant was based on the fact that alot of people say warriors are OP, which cant be farther from the truth.

Warrior's aren't "op", but they are basically one of the most useful classes in the game, and have no trouble fitting into pretty much any pvp group.

Compare that to other melee classes. Enh shaman? My own class, the retnub? Feral druids? Only rogues are considered a top tier pvp class, aside from warriors.

The game is heavily stacked towards casting type classes, warriors and rogues are the main melee classes that fit in with this balance.

Warriors rock hard.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    kaleeditykaleedity Sometimes science is more art than science Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    It's only natural to hate on the spearhead.

'Course, it doesn't help that warriors were genuinely overpowered for like a full year.

kaleedity on
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Also, Huzzah!: Rehire authorization email from Regal Cinemas corporate office returned with an affirmative. Gotta fill out some W4 forms, and then I'm getting my old job back. Even if it's just for the rest of the summer, I'm gonna be a movie theater projectionist again. WoW wasn't even in closed beta back when I had to leave it in '04 to go to college (or maybe it was? I dunno how early in the year they shifted from alpha to beta).

SabreMau on
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Hate: Realm is down.

Hope: What's that? I have no hope. I'm hopeless.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    End wrote: »
    Hate: Realm is down.

Hope: What's that? I have no hope. I'm hopeless.

That is part of the reason why I have tourist alts on different realms they need to be dusted off and played with again. So what if it's rogue#12

Brainleech on
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Even better come Wrath. Make a DK and bother the lowbies for awhile.

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I really don't think I am going to make a death knight. I have two tanks and tons of dps. Healing is new, different, boring, and thankless.

Brainleech on
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I'll make at least two. If DK tanking is good enough I'll switch my Prot Pally to Ret.

I'll get my Warlock to 80 first though, just to let the [vidURL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfgbWwhmVbM"]Death Knight Spree[/vidURL] come and go.

Kevin Crist on
    acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    Little JimLittle Jim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2008
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Healing is new, different, boring, and thankless.

haha fuckin' nailed it

you are my absolute favourite you know that

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • Options
    Invoice NinjaInvoice Ninja Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

Not if you're good at it! :P

...although from what I've read it sounds like the praise and thanks stop once you get into the end-game raiding and then apparently everything becomes your fault somehow :lol:

Invoice Ninja on
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Heyo! I'm back and here to share my emotions. I decided it's not possible to read both this forum and keep up on the 100 pages a day election thread.

Happy: Sunfire Handwraps crafted by a kindly Horde soul on my server!

Sad: Ishtaar why do you HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE ME D:

silence1186 on
  • Options
    FFFF Once Upon a Time In OaklandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Apprehensive: Got (pug) invited to tank SM Cath on my Paladin whom I've never ran an instance with.

Excited: Pally tanking was FUN.

FF on
    Huh...
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

...although from what I've read it sounds like the praise and thanks stop once you get into the end-game raiding and then apparently everything becomes your fault somehow :lol:

Oh no, the praise and thanks end in later five mans.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2008
    My GL is tells me once every two days at minimum about how awesome of a healer I am, and how glad they are to have me on raids.

I think he's pretty crazy.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited July 2008
    I got constant praise for my split-second decursing when I played my holy paladin. I was all "What? It's not rocket surgery! Can everyone else just stop sucking at it?"

Echo on
  • Options
    Lunatic ClamLunatic Clam Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Hate: "Server Shutdown - 15:00" as we kill Azgalor

Absolutely Friggin Despite: 3 seconds later, "Server Shutdown - 00:30"

ARGLE BARGLE HURF DURF: Rolled back the entire encounter - we didn't even have time to loot him and he's back up. With full waves in front of him, of course.

????: We have 5 - yes, 5! - of the Boots of Divine Spirit drop last night. 5!!!

Lunatic Clam on
    Friend Code 0302-1076-6730
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    If you open a ticket, they will fix that and give you your loots. We had that happen to us once on Magtheridon back in the day.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited July 2008
    ARGLE BARGLE HURF DURF

And here I thought I was the only person in the world to use that expression. :P

Echo on
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Hate: "Server Shutdown - 15:00" as we kill Azgalor

Absolutely Friggin Despite: 3 seconds later, "Server Shutdown - 00:30"

ARGLE BARGLE HURF DURF: Rolled back the entire encounter - we didn't even have time to loot him and he's back up. With full waves in front of him, of course.

????: We have 5 - yes, 5! - of the Boots of Divine Spirit drop last night. 5!!!

Yeah, we hit that about 2 pulls away from the badge I'd need to upgrade my bracers >.<

If it helps you feel any better, it appeared to be battlegroup wide.

In other news:

Sad: Nobody showed up for the Gruul/Mags, we barely got a heroic group together. It's beginning to look like I'm going to have to piss off some friends if I want to do anything more than kick around in T4 content.

Nobody on
  • Options
    RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Damn it. My mage can't afford his level 60 mount.
    D'oh.

Rizzi on
  • Options
    drhazarddrhazard Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I hate not being able to afford an epic land mount. It's even more agonizing on my tauren--I know he's going the same speed as everyone else, but on such a huge freaking model it looks like he's going slower than a Sunday afternoon. And I don't really want to grind BGs for it, but I might anyway.

drhazard on
    SCB.jpg
  • Options
    CidonaBoyCidonaBoy Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    This is all really just a response to the claim that warriors are OP. Sure we're great with a pocket healer but who isnt?

Mage/Disc priest is apparently ok, but beyond that, mages are the only class without either a healing spec or a spec that can benefit greatly from a healer. Every other class can keep on going, mages will eventually degenerate into complete unusable in a prolonged fight.

Talking 2v2 of course.

CidonaBoy on
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008

Any wipe that occurs before an enrage is the fault of the healers, the tanks or the RNG fucking over the healers or the tanks.

Any wipe that occurs after an enrage is the fault of the dps.

Guess how often the latter happens in comparison to the former? (Hint: not often)

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    That's simply not true in sunwell though. For my guild, the wipes there come from

Kalecgos wipe: 90% trouble with portals (resisted portals, people missing them, people blowing others up)
    Brutallus: 80% tanking/healing errors, 20% burn fuckups
    Felmyst: 70% encap fuckups, 20% walking errors, 10% gas nova dispel fails (So 90% personal responsibility, 10% priests)
    Twins: 60% tank positioning, 30% healing errors, 10% conflag fuckups
    M'uru (for us currently): 70% humanoid add control, 20% healing, 5% dispel errors. 5% sentinel problems.

SanderJK on
    Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Situation: an old hardcore guild has come back into being, with the former GM coming back and taking charge. However, the recruitment post makes it incredibly tempting. No attendence requirement, a raid schedule I can probably stick to, plus a bunch of people I get on with and like. The GM says the guild will try for 25 man, but if not, it's no biggie and they'll try for 10. The GM is abit of an arse, but in a good way. Not afraid to call you out on being an idiot / doing something wrong.

It's incredibly tempting.

Hate; The only problem is, is that it's alliance and not horde. I love my resto shaman, and I would like to carry on playing, but for me to obviously play a resto shaman in this guild, I'd have to level another one up, which is going to take a fair chunk of time.

I really really really wish there was a way to avoid levelling up another shaman, or getting an easier time of it. I don't need to do another 70 levels of levelling again to get the knack of the class.

I'll probably level another one slowly, and hopefully when the expansion hits, I'll be 70.

Redcoat-13 on
    PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    SanderJK wrote: »
    That's simply not true in sunwell though. For my guild, the wipes there come from

Kalecgos wipe: 90% trouble with portals (resisted portals, people missing them, people blowing others up)
    Brutallus: 80% tanking/healing errors, 20% burn fuckups
    Felmyst: 70% encap fuckups, 20% walking errors, 10% gas nova dispel fails (So 90% personal responsibility, 10% priests)
    Twins: 60% tank positioning, 30% healing errors, 10% conflag fuckups
    M'uru (for us currently): 70% humanoid add control, 20% healing, 5% dispel errors. 5% sentinel problems.

Oh I was being a smartass and you know it!

... but yeah, Kalecgos -> Felmyst are probably similar for us. I'd argue that our Twins numbers are skewed differently, due to a shocking number of RNG fuckmuppetry where the confounded tank would then proceed to get the ever living shit kicked out of them with a MH/OH "bend over and take it" set of swings.

But seriously, enrages are what make DPS work for a living, that much is clear in Blizzard's design changes, I was just making sweeping generalizations to emphasize that.

Forar on
  • Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Hate: I did all my island dailies plus the 3 I do from shatt. I get stuck at 99.9% revered. AAAAARGH!

Happy: I remembered I didn't do my Throne of Kil'Jaeden dailies, so I went and did those. Now I have my warrior exalted with SSO!

Wheee!

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I have two tanks and tons of dps. Healing is new, different, boring, and thankless.

If you ever want thanks for healing, go into a battleground.

Ishtaar on
    FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    drhazard wrote: »
    I hate not being able to afford an epic land mount. It's even more agonizing on my tauren--I know he's going the same speed as everyone else, but on such a huge freaking model it looks like he's going slower than a Sunday afternoon. And I don't really want to grind BGs for it, but I might anyway.

Well you could ride and be screwed like all tauren with the lack of choices with mounts and ride a kodo
    WoWScrnShot_071608_081711.jpg
    Or you could ride in style with this
    WoWScrnShot_071608_081724.jpg

I really think they should give the lack of choices that tauren get because of thier size to gnomes as well how is something that small going to control an elekk or not get eaten by a night elf cat?

Brainleech on
  • Options
    ScroffusScroffus Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Ishtaar wrote: »
    I have two tanks and tons of dps. Healing is new, different, boring, and thankless.

If you ever want smahsed in the face with a 6ft mace for healing, go into a battleground.

Fixed that for ya. That being said, I do love healing in BGs on my priest.

Scroffus on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Healing in arenas is not for me.

Healing in BG's, however, makes me unreasonably happy.

Forar on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Scroffus wrote: »
    Ishtaar wrote: »

If you ever want smahsed in the face with a 6ft mace for healing, go into a battleground.

Fixed that for ya. That being said, I do love healing in BGs on my priest.

I heal in bgs (what else does a resto shaman do?), but I got a bunch of abuse one time, for not healing a mage outside the alliance tunnel entrance.

The reason for no heals? I was dead at the horde gy, waiting to rez; then when I rez'd I got attacked by a rogue, obviously meaning I could mount up to save said idiot mage.

Apparently I should be able to heal across the wsg map, in addition to mounting up when in combat and stunned.

Although to balance that out, I found myself grouped with 4 beefed up warriors, who after I healed, followed my around as their way of thanks.

Redcoat-13 on
    PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I get very annoyed by those people who watch you die or get pounded on for some time all the awhile they stand there watching you like some preverse snuff flim

Brainleech on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I get very annoyed by those people who watch you die or get pounded on for some time all the awhile they stand there watching you like some preverse snuff flim

Yeah that annoys as well; as you can see by my profile, I've got a fair chuck of resilience. I remember one time fighting at a node against some alliance with a resto shaman helping me. Said resto shaman was in blue pve gear, if that.

And when I say help, I mean he just spammed casting lightening bolts. No heals on me, despite the trouble I was in. I don't think I need to say who I met 5 secs later after I died.

Redcoat-13 on
    PSN Fleety2009
  • Options
    edited July 2008

I am very guilty of this on my rogue. If I see someone getting beat on by 3-4 people and I don't think we can overcome them, I will usually just stealth off leaving them to a grissly death.

Scroffus on
  • Options
    duberduber Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

I am very guilty of this on my rogue. If I see someone getting beat on by 3-4 people and I don't think we can overcome them, I will usually just stealth off leaving them to a grissly death.

I don't mind if I'm getting jumped on by 3-4 people and the person just watches or runs away, it's the times that someone (rogue, feral druid) jumps my mage or priest and your realmate just rides on by or just watches.

duber on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    duber wrote: »

I don't mind if I'm getting jumped on by 3-4 people and the person just watches or runs away, it's the times that someone (rogue, feral druid) jumps my mage or priest and your realmate just rides on by or just watches.

One of my favorate parts of heroic mech (when I'm a healer anyways) is to run next to friends after the first boss and try to kill them with polarity.

The same happens whenever someone gets mind controlled.

Scroffus on
  • Options
    MistaCreepyMistaCreepy Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Many a time I have seen a big battle at a choke point... I see druids, shamans and priests hanging out with the warlocks and hunters.

Sweet I think, I can just barrel right into the chokepoint and start swinging. One of these guys will top me off.

So I intercept, fear and start hacking away only to realize my health is now falling off waterfall style. I swing my view around to see the priests putting dots on, the druids moonfiring and of course the shamans tossing their cute little lightning balls. Motherfuckers dont realize that even with half assed healing I could probably break that choke point.
    Then I die.

MistaCreepy on
    PS3: MistaCreepy::Steam: MistaCreepy::360: Dead and I don't feel like paying to fix it.
This discussion has been closed.