As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Ikariam: Burning the World, one kitty at a time

• Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I've got the exact same problem, except with every other material except marble. I'm drowning in it. I'd send you some, but I'm over at 3:87 and it would take forever to reach you.

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    ReaperSMSReaperSMS Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I'm sure it'll sort itself out once wealth finishes, and I can actually trade. Stuck waiting another hour or so before I can bump the academy up again.

ReaperSMS on
  • Options
    devoirdevoir Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Um... my transports aren't working properly. I sent a load of marble from one city to another, the trip didn't finish when it was supposed to (ended 5 minutes of refreshing later, I triple checked the timestamps), and now that it says it has finished, the boats aren't freed up and I don't have the resources in the destination city.

devoir on
  • Options
    ZarcathZarcath Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    EPAX, LEND ME YOUR EARS

# Name: Torchwood MILT
    # Town size: 13
    # Player: The Captain Send Message
    # Ally: Tech Send Message
    # Total Score:8,808
    # Military Score:67,502
    # Gold Score:479,869 (7,486)
    The Captain Message Torchwood MILT [66:88] 16.05.2008 1:24:14
    You have been warned about provoking Zac again, so now this is what you get.
    Yours Truly; The Captain

This guy sent 5 ships to blockade me, they'll arrive in 2 days lol. I'm not worried about it since I have catapult and fireships. But his actions cannot go unpunished. Unforntuately I do not want to commit my troops to 2 day tours of duty. Is there anyone in the 66:88 area that could wang him? their alliance is only 7 members, their rank is 418.

Zarcath on
  • Options
    OrogogusOrogogus San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I'm traveling at the moment, and will be changing jobs soon after I get back, to something rather busier than what I'm doing now. The end result is that I think I'm going to abandon my account and my colonies. But if anyone is thinking of jumping in and wants to skip to the 4 town midgame (marble, marble, wine, crystal)... uh, PM, I guess. I may not answer in a timely fashion, though.

I guess this is what I would have to do to move my account to a different person?

http://board.ikariam.com/thread.php?threadid=2
    III. Account exchange

Account Exchanges within a single world must be done with the assistance of a GameOperator.

No complaints will be processed in cases where the players do not change their e-mail addresses after inter world exchanges or free accounts giveaways. Note that the only complaints considered will be the ones that come from the owner of a given accounts permanent email address.

Once a given account changes its owner, 28 days must pass before it changes ownership again. After a new owner takes over a given account he should change the dynamic e-mail address within the first 12 hours after the account switched owners.

Orogogus on
  • Options
    BulwarkBulwark Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    devoir wrote: »
    Um... my transports aren't working properly. I sent a load of marble from one city to another, the trip didn't finish when it was supposed to (ended 5 minutes of refreshing later, I triple checked the timestamps), and now that it says it has finished, the boats aren't freed up and I don't have the resources in the destination city.
    I've been having some similar problems with the timing of transports and actions. It's happened before, too; I think it's their servers bogging down.

Bulwark on
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    66:88 is more WPAX area I think. Who's Zac? Is he any closer?

And yea, I think their servers are stressing out and making stuff disappear or not kick in for periods of time.

Scooter on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Scooter wrote: »

And yea, I think their servers are stressing out and making stuff disappear or not kick in for periods of time.

Zac is on my hometown island. I had pillaged him when I first started, and then pillaged him again when he went inactive. When he came back I stopped, but now a week later his alliance is coming after me. It seems the Captains animosity towards me was prompted by Baidol's spying, which leads me to believe Baidol is in the area to wang him.

He sent me another message, attached is my response
    We are not interested in allying ourselves with parasites like you!

I gave Zac ample time to respond, I have been watching his score closely and at it had not raised in over a week. By the time I pillaged him again, he had gone inactive. When he returned, he asked me to stop, and I obliged. Now a week late you send a force to MY OWN DOORS AND THREATEN ME IN MY OWN HOUSE! Your actions were the first "warning" I had ever received from your pitiful group, and now, your actions will be your last.

Bide your time, for these days shall be your last.

>The Captain Message Torchwood MILT [66:88] 16.05.2008 1:58:24
    >Hmm, I like you, but you have been warned before about this, so I respectfully refuse your offer. Also I caught the little spy that a Baidol sent, so I have reason enough to attack, unless of course your alliance would consider a treaty with us, but I'm doubting it. Have a nice day; The Captain
    On the 16.05.2008 1:53 zarcath1 wrote::
    > I will give you until the end of today to reconsider your actions. If you do not, I will destroy Zac, and you will find yourself in an unfortunate position.
    > On the 16.05.2008 1:24 The Captain wrote::
    > > You have been warned about provoking Zac again, so now this is what you get.
    > > Yours Truly; The Captain

Zarcath on
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Yeah, one of my spies got caught in one of his colonies. 11% chance to view his army and it failed. Sigh.

I can make his life difficult if you want, although it is an eight hour trip for my ships to get to his colony. I need to build a fleet of catapult ships first, though. Five flamethrowers and five catapult ships at the city. His land forces are small, which is fortunate. Give me a day to acquire the sulfur and fleet and I will bury his colony.
    Zarcath wrote: »
    Scooter wrote: »

Zac is on my hometown island. I had pillaged him when I first started, and then pillaged him again when he went inactive. When he came back I stopped, but now a week later his alliance is coming after me. It seems the Captains animosity towards me was prompted by Baidol's spying, which leads me to believe Baidol is in the area to wang him.

He sent me another message, attached is my response
    We are not interested in allying ourselves with parasites like you!

I gave Zac ample time to respond, I have been watching his score closely and at it had not raised in over a week. By the time I pillaged him again, he had gone inactive. When he returned, he asked me to stop, and I obliged. Now a week late you send a force to MY OWN DOORS AND THREATEN ME IN MY OWN HOUSE! Your actions were the first "warning" I had ever received from your pitiful group, and now, your actions will be your last.

Bide your time, for these days shall be your last.

>The Captain Message Torchwood MILT [66:88] 16.05.2008 1:58:24
    >Hmm, I like you, but you have been warned before about this, so I respectfully refuse your offer. Also I caught the little spy that a Baidol sent, so I have reason enough to attack, unless of course your alliance would consider a treaty with us, but I'm doubting it. Have a nice day; The Captain
    On the 16.05.2008 1:53 zarcath1 wrote::
    > I will give you until the end of today to reconsider your actions. If you do not, I will destroy Zac, and you will find yourself in an unfortunate position.
    > On the 16.05.2008 1:24 The Captain wrote::
    > > You have been warned about provoking Zac again, so now this is what you get.
    > > Yours Truly; The Captain

Baidol on
    Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I looked around and Pip has a place right next to his 66:88 base. Maybe he can take care of that?

Zarcath on
  • Options
    KingthlayerKingthlayer Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Well, the GO's weren't able to help me out with the spy problem. I guess I just have to play the waiting game.

Kingthlayer on
  • Options
    DeadlySherpaDeadlySherpa Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I'm by baidol as well; it's a 6 hour trip by boat. although i only have ballista ships they are fully upgraded and I have currently ~35 to bring as an assault fleet, and the same amount in soldiers.

if you need any help gimme a shout, i'll go pillage some sulfurs in the meantime to snag war resources.

edit- 50 mans and 50 ships in a few hours

DeadlySherpa on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I'm by baidol as well; it's a 6 hour trip by boat. although i only have ballista ships they are fully upgraded and I have currently ~35 to bring as an assault fleet, and the same amount in soldiers.

if you need any help gimme a shout, i'll go pillage some sulfurs in the meantime to snag war resources.

edit- 50 mans and 50 ships in a few hours

If we're going to do this, some coordination is probably in order. We know the location of two of cities. Torchwood MILT is 66:88 and Torchwood HQ is 67:88. He has a level 2 palace, meaning he likely has another colony somewhere, although scanning of the surrounding islands has not located it. Pip is literally two islands away from his cities, so if he wants in he can easily assist.

Here are Torchwood HQ's current forces:

Swordsman 5
    Phalanx 10
    Catapult 3
    Ram 2
    Cook 2
    Archer 10

Flamethrower 5
    Catapult Ship 5

A spy is currently en-route to Torchwood MILT. Information will be posted when given.

Forces for Torchwood MILT:

Swordsman 5
    Phalanx 10
    Ram 5
    Cook 2
    Archer 10

Ram-Ship 5
    Ballista Ship 5

So, yeah, he's pretty much screwed. Do you want to take the colony, Sherpa, while I take his capital?

Baidol on
  • Options
    DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    So the time has finally arrived... the island BackwdCatstroke is on has finally received two other colonists. They're not in alliances and I knew there was little chance of them both being brand new players, so I blockaded both for 8 hours when I noticed them. I did it right before I went to sleep. I woke up about 8 hours later to find that one of the (now level 2 cities) had sent a slinger to batter himself on my walls... and a ram ship to blockade my harbor (where it somehow managed to take out one of my ram ships before dying... better one of my 2 ram ships than my balista ships. It's moderately funny... but I was hoping to receive goods shipped to those new cities... alas I intercepted nothing. In any case, I finally have someone to test my defenses!

(And I am secretly jealous of all of the baddly written, poorly phrased, outlandishly funny messages all of you are receiving.)

Dyvion on
    Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    See my above post for intel on The Captain's cities.

It's going to take me a little over a day to finish building all of my catapult ships. I'm aiming for thirty, but if we want to attack tomorrow I can just send a ton of ballista ships to supplement my finished catapult ships. I can have about a hundred archers with doctors and cooks ready within two hours notice, which is how long it takes to send my forces to the city I intend to sent my attack forces from.

Baidol on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Oh i thought the cities were known.

the second colony is on Zifuos[69:90], wine city. his last is probably a crystal colony somewhere if he has one

# Name: Torchwood INST

i'm sending a spy at it right now, there's 5 spies headed to the sulfur colony you mentioned earlier and i'm basically ready to go. lol

I think i'll build a second assault force for Torchwood INST and see if I can get it out before tomorrow.

What time is the attack?

DeadlySherpa on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    It appears I accidently made an account on ikariam.org and I decided to throw it away in a blaze of glory. I've been attacking random people on my island and I've been unusually successful. My army of 5 slingers have been pillaging up a storm, that'll teach them to not have a wall at level 7.

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Oh i thought the cities were known.

the second colony is on Zifuos[69:90], wine city. his last is probably a crystal colony somewhere if he has one

# Name: Torchwood INST

i'm sending a spy at it right now, there's 5 spies headed to the sulfur colony you mentioned earlier and i'm basically ready to go. lol

I think i'll build a second assault force for Torchwood INST and see if I can get it out before tomorrow.

What time is the attack?

Here's the info for the last city.

Torchwood INST

Swordsman 5
    Phalanx 10
    Ram 2

Ship Quantity
    Ram-Ship 2
    Flamethrower 5

Hm. I think I will take the capital and this one. You can take Torchwood MILT. I'll probably send out the blockades at around 9:00am EST. Fifteen catapult ships and 25 ballista ships to the capital and forty ballista ships to Torchwood INST.

Baidol on
  • Options
    juice for jesusjuice for jesus Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I sent an army at DAWGS other active player, Jay-Z1995 @ jay z own. I guess he's a big fan. Also, 13 olol.

Meanwhile, my capital is still under blockade, though he seems to have withdrawn his huge flotilla of rams. I'm thinking I could break it, but it would cost a bunch of gold and reveal my colony's location to him... but then, my pride... I'm torn.

juice for jesus on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Sounds great. I'll send my fleetz over at about the same time. lol this'll be enjoyable. I wonder if he's a fan of poetry

DeadlySherpa on
    tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Sounds great. I'll send my fleetz over at about the same time. lol this'll be enjoyable. I wonder if he's a fan of poetry

He'll soon become one.

Baidol on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    So I guess I'm almost built up enough to actually be a non-deadbeat in any operations. I'm at 3:87, but I'm thinking about migrating up to 20:25. About how long would that take?

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Two good inactive cities in the middle of the map:

# Name: Kuala Lumpur [58:62]
    # Town size: 16
    # Player: 0304125
    # Ally: -
    # Total Score:17,451
    # Military Score:30,774
    # Gold Score:910,032 (21,841)

Currently has no navy, and after this run should be out of ground troops as well.

# Name: Polis [57:62]
    # Town size: 12
    # Player: 0304125
    # Ally: -
    # Total Score:17,451
    # Military Score:30,774
    # Gold Score:1,213,461 (16,018)

Has no military in this city.

He has 30k military score, so he must have troops in other cities, but I haven't found them.

Been hitting this guy for awhile now so he might be on the verge of deletion.

Also, the script is returning the wrong value for pillageable gold or something, because I got way more than 21k from Kuala Lumpur.

juice for jesus on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I sent an army at DAWGS other active player, Jay-Z1995 @ jay z own. I guess he's a big fan. Also, 13 olol.

Meanwhile, my capital is still under blockade, though he seems to have withdrawn his huge flotilla of rams. I'm thinking I could break it, but it would cost a bunch of gold and reveal my colony's location to him... but then, my pride... I'm torn.
    It's more cost effective to keep building up a defense force without challenging the blockade and then soundly crush the next attempt. Unless there's some particular reason that it's important to keep that particular port open for a particular period of time.

Bulwark on
  • Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Thetheroo wrote: »
    So I guess I'm almost built up enough to actually be a non-deadbeat in any operations. I'm at 3:87, but I'm thinking about migrating up to 20:25. About how long would that take?

That would be a truly epic journey... Why not look at the WPAX people? Tamorlane isn't too far from you and I suspect he could handle some company.

I heard someone speaking of needing wine... PLEASE SOMEONE FOR THE LOVE OF CATS TAKE MY WINE!

Really, you need 11k for that fourth colony, and I'm starting to swim in the stuff.

Darian on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Hmm... He's sending back the 78 units that got turned away before.

Bulwark, did you ever spy Brewhaha's garrison? I'm wondering what he's sending...

He's lost 32k gold in the last 5 hours doing this.

juice for jesus on
  • Options
    APZonerunnerAPZonerunner Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Arrrrgh saving for this governor upgrade is pissing me off. Seriously, I hate looking at colonies and seeing nothing building.

APZonerunner on
    APZonerunner | RPG Site | UFFSite | The Gaming Vault
    XBL/PSN/Steam: APZonerunner
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Hmm... He's sending back the 78 units that got turned away before.

Bulwark, did you ever spy Brewhaha's garrison? I'm wondering what he's sending...

He's lost 32k gold in the last 5 hours doing this.
    Not since I last scoped out the 53 ramships, which have since apparently grown in number.

The ground crew then was 33 swordsmen, 24 phalanxes, 10 archers, 5 catapults and 5 rams.

Edit - checked the garrison again out of curiosity. No ground units left in the place, but 59 ramships, 18 flamethrowers and a catapult ship. He's starting to build effective attack vessels, now, which is a little worrying.

If he continuously sells off his marble, he might even be able to maintain them.

Bulwark on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    That matches up pretty well with what's coming in.

I crushed his last ground attack, hopefully I see a repeat performance.

juice for jesus on
  • Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Man, I'd totally be down with wanging you peoples' targets but I have an offensive navy comparable to a rubber ducky. It's gonna take me awhile, with all the palace resource hoarding I'm doing, to build up enough sulfur for a fleet of catapult and fire ships.

Darklyre on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    So blockading counting towards bashing, does this only count if you actually encounter an enemy fleet?

Zarcath on
  • Options
    ReaperSMSReaperSMS Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Sent a wave of slingers next door to see what they can scrounge up, as I tire of waiting for the slackoff researchers and woodcutters. Rest of the island looks like mostly newbies, so hopefully pickings should be good...

ReaperSMS on
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Palaces never cost sulfur.

captaink on
  • Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    captaink wrote: »
    Palaces never cost sulfur.

Oh, I know, but I usually sell off excess resources to buy sulfur, since I don't have a sulfur colony. Not selling excess resources means I have to pillage and let my income increase my gold stocks.

Darklyre on
  • Options
    hmxmosshmxmoss Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I see this one guy with a lot of resources that would be better off in my city. My *third* spy (since the other two were caught) is telling me he has:
    25 slingers
    25 phalanx
    1 cook
    2 ram-ships
    3 ballista ships
    Level 15 city with a level 16 wall
    (and a level 15 workshop, so I assume his units are probably pretty well upgraded)

Should I just not bother? I'm not sure how to go about figuring out what I need to break in... looking at (50/50) archers on their own, I figured around 100... but I don't know if I'm way off here. That wall seems pretty formidable (+160% to defense!)

EDIT: He has a palace there as well, at level 1, so at most he has one other colony. Going take a look around for it. If you're curious as to whole I'm talking about... this is Barter Town [24:34] owned by WarriorNow. His score and gold aren't that high, but with his level 9 port, I could make away with: 1840 wood, 2547 wine, 1014 marble, 631 crystal, and 687 sulphur.

Hmm... It's a good amount, but maybe not worth the effort to crack in.. ?

EDIT EDIT: Also a L17 Barracks, which means, I would guess, that he could build up new troops pretty quickly if he sees me coming.

hmxmoss on
    burning.jpg
  • Options
    MithMith Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    hmxmoss wrote: »
    I see this one guy with a lot of resources that would be better off in my city. My *third* spy (since the other two were caught) is telling me he has:
    25 slingers
    25 phalanx
    1 cook
    2 ram-ships
    3 ballista ships
    Level 15 city with a level 16 wall
    (and a level 15 workshop, so I assume his units are probably pretty well upgraded)

Should I just not bother? I'm not sure how to go about figuring out what I need to break in... looking at (50/50) archers on their own, I figured around 100... but I don't know if I'm way off here. That wall seems pretty formidable (+160% to defense!)

EDIT: He has a palace there as well, at level 1, so at most he has one other colony. Going take a look around for it. If you're curious as to whole I'm talking about... this is Barter Town [24:34] owned by WarriorNow. His score and gold aren't that high, but with his level 9 port, I could make away with: 1840 wood, 2547 wine, 1014 marble, 631 crystal, and 687 sulphur.

Hmm... It's a good amount, but maybe not worth the effort to crack in.. ?

EDIT EDIT: Also a L17 Barracks, which means, I would guess, that he could build up new troops pretty quickly if he sees me coming.

This is a small thing out of all that, but a level 15 workshop is pretty odd. Level 4 or so is sufficient to fully upgrade any of those unit types, and I doubt you need one more than level 7 or 8 for any upgrade in the game.

Mith on
  • Options
    mrsnackroadmrsnackroad Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    200 more wood.

All I need is 200 more pieces of motherfucking wood, and then I can upgrade my goddamn palace to level 3.

My next colony is going to be Crystal; but I need to guarantee my palace upgrade so I can start taking some wild swings at my heavily allied neighbors on 25:17.

Then, may the cat poetry flow like wine.

mrsnackroad on
  • Options
    SonelanSonelan Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I just finished my level 3 palace and placed a colony on the 28:23 island. Now to decide if I want to pillage the same dude I have been who just joined AON and possibly start a war I can't win or move out and pillage other people.

Sonelan on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Red_CascadeRed_Cascade Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    OK, i am bored of my 3 little cities being stuck out in the sticks so am going to relocate to the NPAX islands :)

Today the exodus shall begin!

Red_Cascade on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I'm killing this guy's units at a 3:1 clip, go Phalanx!

And he's lost another 20k gold.

juice for jesus on