• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I wonder if Richard Attenborough's zombie will be in it

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    RedeemerRedeemer Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    This is Hollywood, and Hollywood isn't going to let a 50 year old woman front an installment in a successful blockbuster franchise

Ellie will probably be the wise mentor to a sarcastic young Shia LaBoef and Lindsay Lohan's little sister or something

Redeemer on
    25jyxzr.jpg
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Fandyien wrote: »
    It's been a long time coming, but there is finally a new quote on Jurassic Park 4. TV Guide (via ShockTillYouDrop.com) spoke to Laura Dern about returning as Dr. Ellie Sattler in the fourth installment.

"It's a while away but my understanding is it's happening and my character is very involved," she told the magazine. "I know [director] Steven Spielberg is looking forward to [getting it together] over the next year."

Sam Neill previously said that he hadn't heard anything about his character, Dr. Alan Grant, coming back for another film.

Even though the thread means the opposite, I want to see JP4

Wasn't this the one about Raptors fighting crime

I swear to God I read that somewhere

Ain't It Cool News

it was an early script review

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    It's been a long time coming, but there is finally a new quote on Jurassic Park 4. TV Guide (via ShockTillYouDrop.com) spoke to Laura Dern about returning as Dr. Ellie Sattler in the fourth installment.

"It's a while away but my understanding is it's happening and my character is very involved," she told the magazine. "I know [director] Steven Spielberg is looking forward to [getting it together] over the next year."

Sam Neill previously said that he hadn't heard anything about his character, Dr. Alan Grant, coming back for another film.

Ain't It Cool News

Last I heard, that was the basic idea they decided to go with, with some tweaks here and there, but I'm pretty sure it's still the Dinosaur A-Team in some form

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    trentsteeltrentsteel Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Straight to video sequels should just not exist. If you think it is such shit that it wouldn't make money in theaters, you prolly shouldn't be releasing it.

I met the guy that "penned" Lost Boys 2.

I wish I could transcribe his entire story of how it started out being this big-budget theater movie and eventually after a year or so was reduced to a bastardized version of what he wrote and put straight to DVD.

Oh yeah there was a Lost Boys 2.

trentsteel on
    http://www.botsnthings.com/
    I made a TD for iphone and windows phone!

• Options
    edited May 2008
    He said the studio would phone him at 3 a.m. sometimes, saying things like, "CAN YOU PUT A DOG IN THE MOVIE CAN ONE OF THE CHARACTERS HAVE A DOG OR SOMETHING WRITE A DOG IN THERE"

trentsteel on

• Options
    JedocJedoc In the scuppers with the staggers and jagsRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    As an amateur writer, that sounds like the very definition of hell.

Jedoc on
    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • Options
    DrIanMalcolmDrIanMalcolm Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

Ain't It Cool News

Last I heard, that was the basic idea they decided to go with, with some tweaks here and there, but I'm pretty sure it's still the Dinosaur A-Team in some form

I'm pretty sure that idea's been scrapped

DrIanMalcolm on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Well fuck it then

That could have easily turned out to be my favorite of the series

but noooooooooo

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Jedoc wrote: »

He said it was insane. They were basing it all on demographics and focus groups and crap and sometimes just the whims of whatever everyone thought would work at the time.

This is also why almost every movie has a jive-talking black dude.

trentsteel on

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    trentsteel wrote: »
    Jedoc wrote: »

He said it was insane. They were basing it all on demographics and focus groups and crap and sometimes just the whims of whatever everyone thought would work at the time.

This is also why almost every movie has a jive-talking black dude.

Sounds a lot like that scene at the beginning of the Majestic.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Jive-talking black dudes are awesome though

I just spent forever trying to find a picture of the Jamaican guy from Day of the Dead with the two massive pistols but couldn't :(

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg