As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Age of Conan UPDATED OP What is best in life? (NSF56K)

• Options
    JonnyBotJonnyBot Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Oh hey how do I get into the guild?

Edit: What the hell happened to my stellar fps? I think the new patch broke something.

Edit2: So now the game runs worse and looks worse from literally 8 hours ago. Anyone else getting this?

JonnyBot on
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Scroffus wrote: »
    Anyone know how to move the default chat frame? I got that Mirage UI and the default chat frame is slightly over my name and HP.

It annoys me like you wouldn't believe :(

Uh, right click all over it. There's an option to unlock the window.
    Weren't people also saying that there's no huge leaps in character development? No super gear, no big talents, and really not much to look forward to? The impressions I got from reading is that there was no big difference between what you do at 30 compared to 80. So I can see why people might think PVP balance won't change if the players don't.

Mind you, that's just what I've gotten from reading. I could be way off, and likely am.

Talents make and break characters even now. Lots of big talents, many of them do not work yet, but they are there. What is apparent is that at this time there is little in the way of end game itemization to be found, what you have to look forward to is very similar to any given mmo launch:

Lots of patches.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Dashui wrote: »
    So awesome guys:

I've been using that script I posted a while back to recruit for my guild (BTW: They nerfed it, OOC chat can't hold that many characters now, I need to figure out what the threshold is now). Each time I posted it I'd get a million people bugging me as to how I made the damn thing. After a while, this got kind of annoying. So I made a script that would announce to everyone how.

Here is my first entry in the wall of shame:
    aultarpicture000vo9.th.png

Ok, for the guild recruitment script I posted earlier, if you just don't add so many paragraphs at the end it works fine. Doesn't look like they decreased the size limit too much. Here's my current for people to alter:
    /ch OOC
    <a href="text://<font color='red'>The Man-Eaters of Zamboula Guild Info:<br><br>Web site:</font><br>http://funk.vlexo.net/<br><br><font color='green'>Guild Master:</font><br>Aultar<br><br><font color='green'>Guild Officers:</font><br>Gnaeus, Tool<br><br>We're a fun guild. We spend equal time PvE/PvP. We have a Vent server and forums!">The Man-Eaters of Zamboula</a> are recruiting!

Like I said before, just throw that into a text file named guildrecruit.txt and save it to the scripts folder. Then in ooc chat type /guildrecruit.txt

What interface is that? I could definitely use something like that instead of the default. I don't like positioning those skill bars all over the place so I don't block the enemy information. Would be nice to have a setup like in the screenshot or something similar.

http://aoc.curse.com/downloads/details/12705/

When you get it make sure you follow the 2 extra steps to decrease the size. The default size takes up like a third of your screen.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    i just soloed my first elite! and he dropped an awesome 2 handed sword.

tyrannus on
  • Options
    orpheusorpheus Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Probably been asked a bunch, but why do I have a big brown tattoo or something on my chest? Everyone seems to have one, and it looks really stupid.

orpheus on
    But, if you are after mere parlor tricks, you will be sorely disappointed. For if I reach behind your ear, it will not be a nickel I pull out, but your very soul!
  • Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    follow the storyline quests and you'll know

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    FightTestFightTest Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    orpheus wrote: »
    Probably been asked a bunch, but why do I have a big brown tattoo or something on my chest? Everyone seems to have one, and it looks really stupid.
    At level 40 it's revealed that we're all members of a super rad motorcycle gang and we lost our memory drinking too hard the night before. So at 40 you sober up, find your chopper, a mean leather jacket, and ride off into the sunset.

Unrelated.. going from bow with the range extending feat to crossbow sucked ass. Trying to get into my bear shaman who is now 19 and ejected from Tortage which sucks because I need to finish the level to use my reward weapon. Oh and I still feel like a giant pussy and have died like 472093 more times to NPCs than I did in 29 levels on my ranger.

FightTest on
    MOBA DOTA.
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    at 50, the quest line start showing some epic promise

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    orpheusorpheus Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Zzulu wrote: »

That's really lame. I want my character to have a tattoo, but not that one. Especially since everyone else has it.

orpheus on
    But, if you are after mere parlor tricks, you will be sorely disappointed. For if I reach behind your ear, it will not be a nickel I pull out, but your very soul!
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I'm sure it'll eventually be removed, it's just that it plays an integral part of the storyline

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    JonnyBotJonnyBot Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    So to my above issues, they are gone. Not sure what the fuck happened but a quick restart solved the problem apparently. So, how do I get in the guild again?

JonnyBot on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    orpheus wrote: »

That's really lame. I want my character to have a tattoo, but not that one. Especially since everyone else has it.

So... have you actually played the game? If you had, you'd know what it is.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JivesJives Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I havent played it but im just gonna point out, your a slave, on a slave ship.

infer

Jives on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Jives wrote: »
    I havent played it but im just gonna point out, your a slave, on a slave ship.

infer

And it's talked about in the voiced over cut scenes. You don't even have to read to know what it is and why you have it.

The amount of laziness that not knowing that represents is quite frankly shocking.

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I'm sure it'll eventually be removed, it's just that it plays an integral part of the storyline

What this guy said.

And in other news, while my Herald just turned into a whirling flaming dervish of DEATH compared to what he was a couple levels ago... I have elected to make him anew on... Thog? That sounds right. Thog.

After I play some of the other classes a bit.

Chirr. Ranger ho!

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Ugh, this game has too many bugs....

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Oh god deciding between Herald of Xotli and Barbarian is making me want to harm myself

both choices so good

Ledneh on
  • Options
    DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Oh my. Ladies can walk and fight around barechested too. Finally a game that makes a step forward in gender equality.

Djiem on
  • Options
    BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    what bugs are these?

BEAST! on
    dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    ScroffusScroffus Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I got decapitated and respawned bald :(

Scroffus on
  • Options
    IceyIcey Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I love my HoX so, so much, and she's only level 17.

Stupid work on Memorial Day...

Icey on
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    My favorite is when I died from an electrocution spell or whatnot. It turned my entire skin black with lightning bolts all over and didn't go away until I logged.

Those we're the Tortagian adventures of Electro Man.

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    JivesJives Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    My favorite is when I died from an electrocution spell or whatnot. It turned my entire skin black with lightning bolts all over and didn't go away until I logged.

damn, if it had been permenant you could have achieved <i>modest internet fame</i>

Jives on
  • Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    So I've been playing my Barbarian on Thog since yesterday and having a friggin' blast. I log on today to continue the carnage, and head to White Sands for the first time to blow through some quests... mainly so I can level to 15 and continue the Destiny story.

I get to White Sands and there are two dudes just beating the shit out of some other dude. I kinda thought they were NPCs at first, but they didn't look like Picts, and then they came after me and so I quickly teleported back to Tortage.

Confused, I shrugged it off and went back to White Sands, going about my merry way and doing a bunch of quests. Then in the chat window I see some dude bitching about getting ganked by immature kids or whatever, and someone's reply is "That's PvP... carebear server thataway." o_O

I promptly log out and check my character screen, only to find out I've been playing on... not Thog, but Scourge, which is a PvP server. I hadn't noticed since there's no PvP in Tortage. DAMNIT. This is the first MMO I've ever played where one can actually mis-select their server. If I had accidentally rolled on the PA PvP server I'd probably stick with it, but I have no reason to be on this server, and now have to start my Barbarian all over again. :x

Toxic Pickle on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    On some levels that is incredibly funny, and on others it's somehow depressing.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    KarrmerKarrmer Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Actually, you really can't select the wrong server if you have eyes.

Not quite sure what you're saying there.

Karrmer on
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I'm Elani on Fury, and if someone could throw me a guild invite rather then me having to figure out that horrible social interface that would just be nifty.

Tav on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    BEAST! wrote: »
    what bugs are these?

Where to start? My guild got up enough gold and resources to build a guild city and the server just ate it all, GMs didn't help us with it either. Not that it matters because guild cities are bugged to be permanently open to attack so if you ever do build one players can just come in any time and destroy it.

Tons of graphic bugs and glitches. Quest givers glitching out and not letting you finish quests. Certain moves not actually doing what they say they do. Ie, past rank III the counter attack combo from the guardian doesn't actually counter attack anymore. Sometimes my barbarian just flat out loses the ability to hide. Your characters stats don't accurately reflect the items you have equipped.

That's just the tip of the iceberg.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    Grizzly_AddamsGrizzly_Addams Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2008
    That's just the tip of the iceberg.

Grizzly_Addams on
    Dr+Bongenstein.png
  • Options
    Toxic PickleToxic Pickle Thash grape! Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Karrmer wrote: »

I wouldn't think so either... but I mean... I checked all my other characters after this discovery, and they were all on Thog. I know I intended to click Thog for this dude as well, but somehow it didn't click Thog when I wanted it to click on Thog.

So... yeah not really sure what happened, but one way or the other, I need to re-do my wicked cool Barbarian. Oh well... I didn't like his name all that much anyhow, and I'd forgotten to pick out a voice before, so this time at least I will have one that's different from my Conqueror's. :P

Toxic Pickle on
  • Options
    edited May 2008

I wouldn't think so either... but I mean... I checked all my other characters after this discovery, and they were all on Thog. I know I intended to click Thog for this dude as well, but somehow it didn't click Thog when I wanted it to click on Thog.

So... yeah not really sure what happened, but one way or the other, I need to re-do my wicked cool Barbarian. Oh well... I didn't like his name all that much anyhow, and I'd forgotten to pick out a voice before, so this time at least I will have one that's different from my Conqueror's. :P

To be fair, considering the number of bugs in the game I could see it just deciding to change what server you picked.

Karrmer on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    You could be a server jumping hero, never knowing what rule set you'd be playing next!

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    BEAST!BEAST! Adventurer Adventure!!!!!Registered User regular
    edited May 2008

wow...thanks for the troll karrmer

i agree toxic, it's very unintuitive....there is no confirmation about what server you're creating a character on, each time i create a character i exit the game pretty quickly and come back to the character select screen to make sure he was put onto the correct server...it makes absolutely no sense to have that server select thing on the right side when it only pertains to creating a new character, you should have to select the server after you've decided to make a new character....

as for the bugs, the overall lack of bugs is really surprising for launch..of course there are going to be some small things they have to work out...i take it you people have never played a launch mmo before this because this is one of the best (read: least amount of bugs) that i've seen...if you don't like the small number of bugs then DON'T PLAY AT LAUNCH

BEAST! on
    dfzn9elrnajf.png
  • Options
    Xenocide GeekXenocide Geek Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    so is grinding faster than questing?

and if it is, where the hell do you do it at? are there any specific good zones for certain level ranges? it baffles me how people are leveling so quickly - i'm assuming it's just from grinding, because given how much you have to run around while questing, the downtime from that alone limits how fast you can level...

anybody know? i wouldn't mind doing an 8 hour grinding stint, heh

leveling in these games is not why i play them!

Xenocide Geek on
    i wanted love, i needed love
    most of all, most of all
    someone said true love was dead
    but i'm bound to fall
    bound to fall for you
    oh what can i do
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    BEAST! wrote: »

wow...thanks for the troll karrmer

i agree toxic, it's very unintuitive....there is no confirmation about what server you're creating a character on, each time i create a character i exit the game pretty quickly and come back to the character select screen to make sure he was put onto the correct server...it makes absolutely no sense to have that server select thing on the right side when it only pertains to creating a new character, you should have to select the server after you've decided to make a new character....

as for the bugs, the overall lack of bugs is really surprising for launch..of course there are going to be some small things they have to work out...i take it you people have never played a launch mmo before this because this is one of the best (read: least amount of bugs) that i've seen...if you don't like the small number of bugs then DON'T PLAY AT LAUNCH

Wasn't a troll. It says, very clearly, choose your server! So myself and everyone I know clicked the same server that we wanted to play on together. No one ended up somewhere else.

Not sure why you're so bothered by that.

Karrmer on
  • Options
    meatflowermeatflower Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Actually I had a problem with it too. When I made my Bear Shaman he somehow ended up on Doomsayer and not Stormrage. I didn't realize this until I went to add some people to my friends list and it didn't work.

That's once out of 5 characters I've made, don't know if it was actually a bug or I just fucked up and clicked the wrong one.

meatflower on
    archer_sig-2.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2008

Zzulu_picture0976756.jpg

Electrifying.

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Zzulu, <3 for the recommendation!

Tav on
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008

Zzulu_picture0976756.jpg

Electrifying.
    Broseph_picture023.jpg

ELECTRO TWINS, COMBINE POWERS GO!

Handsome Costanza on
    Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Your UI looks a lot less fugly then mine. Are there already mods out for customizing it?

Tav on
This discussion has been closed.