As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

New PS3 owner

SoulGateSoulGate Registered User regular
edited May 2008 in Games and Technology
New PS3 owner here. Just got this thing with a Best Buy bundle deal. 40 in. LCD with the PS3, figured why not, eh? Anyway, I need some suggestions for games on this thing, since I didn't care about it before. I already got Assassin's Creed and I plan to get GTA 4 when it hits PC. Hope that narrows the list down?

steam_sig.png
SoulGate on

• ShimShamShimSham Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Download demos and buy what you like.

As for demos to download... Rachet and Clank is a must

ShimSham on
    QcGKhPm.jpg
  • ReznikReznik Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
    Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
    Warhawk (if you don't mind multi-only)
    Heavenly Sword (rent it. it's short but pretty good)
    Rock Band if you can spare the cash and don't have it for the 360

Reznik on
    Do... Re.... Mi... Ti... La...
    Do... Re... Mi... So... Fa.... Do... Re.... Do...
    Forget it...
  • Shifty_CalhounShifty_Calhoun Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    SoulGate wrote: »
    New PS3 owner here. Just got this thing with a Best Buy bundle deal. 40 in. LCD with the PS3, figured why not, eh? Anyway, I need some suggestions for games on this thing, since I didn't care about it before. I already got Assassin's Creed and I plan to get GTA 4 when it hits PC. Hope that narrows the list down?

So what genres of games do you prefer?

Shifty_Calhoun on
  • EvangirEvangir Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I recommend doing some renting. Heavenly Sword, Lair, Uncharted, and Folklore are all good lengths for rentals (singleplayer 6-12 hour games). If you're set on buying something, get Uncharted and GT5 Prologue so you can show off your new screen.

Evangir on
    PSN/XBL/STEAM: Evangir - Starcraft 2: Bulwark.955 - Origin: Bulwark955 - Diablo 3: Bulwark#1478
  • SoulGateSoulGate Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Thanks for the Suggestions. Renting would probably be my best idea (since I can't dload demos yet).

So what genres of games do you prefer?

I don't know honestly. I like FPS games on the PC, but the PS3 controller is so unwieldly. Guess I'm willing to try all but multi games.

SoulGate on
    steam_sig.png
  • bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    first, go buy uncharted immediately. it's got way too much replay value to just grab as a rental and you'll want to take your time with the gorgeous environments and treasure-hunting anyway

then hit up the psn. biggies like warhawk and gt5:prologue are musts, but there's a huge range of classy smaller titles - everyday shooter, pixeljunk monsters, echochrome, piyotama (it's like $3!), super stardust HD and a whole bunch of other stuff.

edit: if you like fps's, resistance is a really good, simple shooter with a really unique setting and a fine story. plus the interface is handled really well and the controls are never a chore - it's worth checking out, even if you aren't convinced it'll sway you to the dual-analog dark side

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Shooter McgavinShooter Mcgavin Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Burnout: Paradise is amazering

Shooter Mcgavin on
    banner.gif
  • Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    yea burnout paradise is great. skate is really fun also, give the demo a shot.

and get super stardust HD + the expansion, and echochrome, and pixeljunk racers, and pixeljunk monsters + expansion, and everyday shooter, and castlevania SOTN, and r-types from the PSN. theres a bunch more sweet ps1 games and things on the HK/UK/Jap, so be sure to check those out too.

Ah_Pook on
    edited May 2008
    Burnout: Paradise is out and on the PS3?!?!! SHIT, wish I got that instead of Assassin's Creed. :(

SoulGate on
    steam_sig.png
  • Shooter McgavinShooter Mcgavin Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Burnout: Paradise is out and on the PS3?!?!! SHIT, wish I got that instead of Assassin's Creed. :(

Allow me to point you in the right direction.

Shooter Mcgavin on
    banner.gif
  • slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    As some people on this board may becoming aware, I keep a txt file with games recommendations for each console. My PS3 file hasn't been updated in a while (i'll try to add on a few things), but here it is:

Grand Theft Auto IV - the story of Niko Belic, arriving at Liberty City to pursue the American Dream, only to face a harsh reality. Beautiful, wide open, and extremely detailed, living city on a scale never conceived of in gaming before, combined with fun and satisfying combat, fast paced vehicle driving mechanics, sandbox gameplay, tons to see and do, online multiplayer, and optional DLC to top if off.

Call of Duty 4 = One of the best military shooters to date, with enough realism to make you feel like you're right on the battlefield. The visuals look amazingly life-like, unmatched by most other PlayStation 3 efforts. The gameplay feels familiar, and at the same time refreshing and exciting. It delivers a powerful single-player experience and an almost impossibly tense, utterly addictive online component and when the two are brought together.

Oblivion - A huge, open ended western style RPG. Most importantly and most powerfully, however: The completely open-ended nature of this experience creates a very real sense of infinite possibilities. The fundamental game is just so epic, the world so vast, the options so varied, that you'll find more quality gameplay shoehorned into this disc than just about any other game I can think of.

Rock Band - probably the best music rhythm game available, Rock Band combines some of the best gameplay from Guitar Hero, Singstar, and incorporates its own new and exciting drum-set gameplay, to form the ultimate "virtual band" experience to play with friends. Create a band, customize a character, go on a world tour. Play online. Downloadable content. This game is awesome, and almost anybody can play. Great multiplayer/party game.

The Orange Box - one of the best compilations you can get for the PS3. Classic shooter Half Life 2, and two of its major expansions. But not only that, it includes two of the best games of 2007: the critically acclaimed, innovative, and unique Portal, and the classic multiplayer team-based shooter Team Fortress 2.

Ratchet & Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
    - An amazing PS 3 game that fully leverages the power of the console. It sets a high bar for not only the series, but for the action-platformer genre. Explands and refines the series' excellent gameplay, with fantastic production value, a great sense of humor, and endearing characters.

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune -
    It's easily one of the best single-player games on PlayStation 3, or any platform, this year. Uncharted: Drake?s Fortune really shines by borrowing elements of other games and making an experience all to its own that can be enjoyed greatly by those that give it a shot.The final sum is far greater than the individual parts.

Ninja Gaiden Sigma
    - a vastly upgraded port of the classic oXbox Ninja Gaiden Black, this iteration of the series features all of the classic, hard as nails action gameplay as the original, but with new moves, actions, and weapons for Hayabusa. Also added is a new playable character -- Racheal, one of the series' heroines, will be playable, and when using her, you'll get to experience the storyline from her perspective (with new cutscenes, attack moves and more.)

Resistance Fall of Ma
    n - Resistance: Fall of Man draws players into a deep, frightening story that rewrites the 20th century and pits the United States and Britain against a horrific species of unknown origin. In addition to an epic single player campaign, the game features co-op, split screen multiplayer and highly customizable online gameplay.

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Vegas, Vegas 2
    - Rainbow Six Vegas is an excellent tactical simulator. The number of options you have on how to tackle each situation makes for some great unscripted moments, and the visuals and sound help create an atmosphere that wouldn't be possible on older hardware.The single-player campaign is both challenging and satisfying, the online multiplayer is fast and furious

Virtua Fighter 5
    - Virtua Fighter 5 features an all-star cast of 17 fighters, including characters from the previous iterations. This is one of the deepest and most technical 3D fighters available. Great variety of characters and fighting styles, deep and rewarding fighting system, and it all comes in a beautiful, fluid package.

skate - With its organic controls, beautiful visuals and amazing presentation, it quickly becomes an addicting experience that's tough to stop playing, even during some of the most frustrating parts of the game. It dumps the superhero antics of the Tony Hawk series and goes back to what it is all about: a man and his board.A stunningly realistic simulation, Skate is a deep, eloquent, and completely free-form experience.

Devil May Cry 4
    - Taking the Devil May Cry formula and enhancing it with accessibility is a masterstroke from Capcom. It's a tough action game but has one of the deepest and most satisfying combat systems in any action game. It also marks a great jumping on point for newcomers with a more balanced difficulty level and a decent checkpoint/continue system, but offers plenty of harder modes for the die-hard fans.

Warhawk - As an online multiplayer action game, Warhawk is an excellent game with good graphics, great controls that you can change, and one that runs smoothly even with 32 people playing at once. The constant pressure of combat, fuelled by rapid five-second respawns, keeps the action ripping along at a formidable pace.

Guitar Hero 3
    - Guitar Hero 3 is excellent tried and true guitar rhythm gameplay, and includes a quality-and-quantity song list, tons of unlockables, challenge, and online play as well as local multiplayer.

Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds
    - Newest edition of the fantastic Hot Shots golf franchise. Finely honed, beautifully crafted and offering a mountainous challenge, World Tour reels you in with stat boosts and loyalty rewards and never lets you go. Highly addicting gameplay, easy to pick up and play, but rewarding to master.

Heavenly Sword
    - a beautiful third person action game in the vein of God of War, Heavenly sword delivers constant beat'em up action and follows a unique and interesting story told through gorgeous, high production value cutscenes and beautiful environments. Hundreds of enemies to be slain God of war style. Be cautioned as the game is rather short at 6 hours long; and the combat system is fun, but not as deep as God of War or Devil May Cry.

Virtua Tennis 3
    - the latest and greatest game in Sega's Virtua tennis series, this game takes the series' realism to new heights, both with its graphics system, animation system, physics system, and variety and depth of controls and moves. Has a great Career and Player creation mode.

Motorstorm
    - a gorgeous off-road racing game. This is one of the better racers on the system with a ton of variety, hard pounding action, unique track design, and variety in vehicles. Online multiplayer.

Burnout Paradise
    - The City is enormous and beautiful, the cars are amazingly detailed, and the control is divine. The game revamps the stock formula in major ways without losing most of the high-speed racing flavor that you hope to see from something with Burnout in the title. Instead of a series of self-contained challenges, Paradise offers up an open world where players are free to explore their inner vehicular homocidal maniac to their hearts' content.

Unreal Tournament 3
    - an extremely traditional entry into the Unreal Tournament franchise, this game stays true to its roots by delivering the traditional fast-paced, arcadey, twitch-action first person shooter gameplay that the series has been known for; packaged in the beautiful Unreal Engine 3. If you like fast paced twitch shooters such as prior Unreals or Quakes, you'll probably like this one.

Assassin's Creed
    (be cautioned) - an open-ended stealth action/platformer made by Ubisoft's Prince of Persia team. The game focuses around spying and sneaking and assassinating your targets. The game contains an interesting story and gorgeous graphics and a lifelike world. Be cautioned, though, as the game's greatest fault is that some find the gameplay to get very repetitive, while others enjoy it throughout.

Super Stardust HD
    - Super Stardust HD for the PS3 is a fully updated version of the classic game Stardust. Your mission is simple: destroy everything in sight.. With five highly detailed 3D planets to save, hordes of enemies and asteroids to destroy, and various game play modes, Super Stardust HD presents super intense action. Its visuals, gameplay and intricacy make it the best downloadable shooter available since "Geometry Wars: Evolved" – end of story.

Everyday Shooter
    - Unlike traditional arcade shooters, the sound effects in Everyday Shooter play in musical harmony with the game’s background music. Throughout Everyday Shooter’s album of games, typical arcade sounds of destruction are replaced with guitar riffs harmonizing over an all-guitar soundtrack. Album of Shooter Games – Each of the 8 ‘songs’ or levels has a completely different visual vibe and chain system. Vector-Based Graphics – Graphics are created from mathematical equations celebrating the beauty of geometry. Stunning, Evolving Synaethesia - Every shot, hit, or explosion creates a visual and musical inspiration that produces a note, chord or riff that harmonizes into the song for each level. Full HD at 1080p – In addition to the fluid music, enjoy the brilliant colors and stylized visuals

Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix
    - Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix downloads Capcom's popular puzzle game into the new generation. The new version of the game features newly created 1080p HD graphics, several new game modes, improved game balance, new stage backgrounds courtesy of Udon Entertainment and online play.You're getting a timeless classic with a great variety of new modes, and on top of that online gameplay. Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix is most definitely addicting.

Also decent games include Condemned 1 and 2 (dark, mystery FPS game), echochrome (Creative puzzle game with gameplay based on optical illusions, players must utilize five simple laws of perspective to join walkways, hide dangers, and create new paths to reach the "echos," or shadow guides. Create & share your own levels, too.), possibly Lego Star Wars TCS (three great lego-style star wars games with great humor and gameplay),

slash000 on
  • Nimble CatNimble Cat Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Can you play Warhawk splitscreen, or only online?

Nimble Cat on
    edited May 2008
    Nimble Cat wrote: »

you can do both at once - though you won't be able to join a ranked server if you're using splitscreen

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • DHS OdiumDHS Odium Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Get rid of Assassin's Creed as soon as you can and shower five times to clean the stink off of you after touching it.

Then go buy Uncharted, or rent it. Basically do whatever you need to in order to play it, it's short though. Also look into Resistance.

Oh, hop onto the PSN and buy PixelJunk Monsters (I've been meaning to get the expansion too).

Actually, get whatever the hell you want, out of my suggestions, the most important one is to get rid of Assassin's Creed. Unless you hate yourself, then by all means play it through to completion. Or if you want to hate yourself and don't already, I didn't but that's what happened after I beat it.

DHS Odium on
    Wii U: DHS-Odium // Live: DHS Odium // PSN: DHSOdium // Steam: dhsykes // 3DS: 0318-6615-5294
  • Dareth RamDareth Ram regular
    edited May 2008
    I'm in a similar situation. I have a PS3, but no games (or blurays).

I plan to clean out our work's PS3 game library tomorrow, which is handy because I don't actually care to own any PS3 games. One of the perks of working at a game company.

Dareth Ram on
    edited May 2008
    DHS Odium wrote: »
    Get rid of Assassin's Creed as soon as you can and shower five times to clean the stink off of you after touching it.

Then go buy Uncharted, or rent it. Basically do whatever you need to in order to play it, it's short though. Also look into Resistance.

Oh, hop onto the PSN and buy PixelJunk Monsters (I've been meaning to get the expansion too).

Actually, get whatever the hell you want, out of my suggestions, the most important one is to get rid of Assassin's Creed. Unless you hate yourself, then by all means play it through to completion. Or if you want to hate yourself and don't already, I didn't but that's what happened after I beat it.

A's Creed isn't the best game ever as Ubi would have us believe, but I don't think it's that bad. Just merely mediocre. Some people thoroughly enjoyed it.

slash000 on
    edited May 2008
    uncharted and heavenly sword look like ideal rental games.

Assassins Creed can by fun, but it's crippled by the fact that it's a SANDBOX game they encourage you to move SLOWLY through. "Oh look, someone running! Ignore that assassin crawling slowly towards us and kill that fast moving guy!"

Dareth Ram on
    edited May 2008
    bsjezz wrote: »
    Nimble Cat wrote: »

you can do both at once - though you won't be able to join a ranked server if you're using splitscreen

Awesome. That'll definitely be a game I pick up with the system then.

Nimble Cat on
  • MalechaiMalechai Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I love me some warhawk but be aware that the game has a verry steep learning curve. If you do decide to go pick it up suggest hitting the thread and checking out the tutorials in the OP. Suposedly bam condenced the acumulated knowledge of the more fevered players havn't actualy read it myself.

Malechai on
    sig5ez4.jpg
    edited May 2008
    Thanks for the tip.

I can see myself enjoying it, and I'm sure it'll be fun with my brother.

Nimble Cat on
  • HaikiraHaikira UKRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    slash000 wrote: »
    Also decent games include Condemned 1 and 2 (dark, mystery FPS game), echochrome (Creative puzzle game with gameplay based on optical illusions, players must utilize five simple laws of perspective to join walkways, hide dangers, and create new paths to reach the "echos," or shadow guides. Create & share your own levels, too.), possibly Lego Star Wars TCS (three great lego-style star wars games with great humor and gameplay),

Just throwing this out here, but the original Condemned wasn't released on the PS3.

I was just commenting the other day how i never put any discs into my ps3 lately, i only play Warhawk and Pixeljunk Monsters, so they get my thumbs up.

Haikira on
    steam_sig.png
    PSN:Hakira__
  • LegacyLegacy Stuck Somewhere In Cyberspace The Grid(Seattle)Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2008
    DHS Odium wrote: »

Bah. Assassin's Creed is great. I just hope they learn from their mistakes with AC and make AC2 that much better.

Also, MGS4 comes out next month. Get that.

Legacy on
    Can we get the chemicals in. 'Cause anything's better than this.
  • ChanceChance Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I have to throw up support for Virtua Fighter 5. If you like fighting games (or chess), if you enjoy a game that can seriously challenge you, a game that a first glance seems slow but is in fact blisteringly fast (elite players count frames) Virtua Fighter 5 is the best of the best. It's incredibly deep, but the learning curve is surprisingly smooth. The only negative is that it's got no online support, but I've found the single player to be surprisingly rewarding. $30.00 new.

The Darkness was a surprising find for me. It's also $30.00 new ($15 used), the online is really unimpressive but the single player campaign is rock-solid with incredible visuals, smooth gameplay and the best damn story I've ever seen in a FPS.

You say you're planning on waiting for a PC version of GTA IV, so I can assume you've already got The Orange Box. If not, get it! TF 2's online is, to be honest, pretty laggy. But Half Life 2, Half Life Episode 1, Episode 2 and Portal are easily worth $60.00.

Chance on
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • ChanceChance Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Ratchet & Clank is Ratchet & Clank, and if you've played the series before you know you need this disc.

Uncharted is, as anyone will tell you, absolutely gorgeous with likable characters and above-average story. The gameplay, though, is good. Solid-good, but only good, and while the platforming and animation is smooth it's not nearly as satisfying as say, Prince of Persia or Assassins Creed, which was arguably easier-yet-more-fun. Rent it first. Speaking of which...

Devil May Cry 4 is definitely worth a look, though I stopped 2/3rds of the way though the campaign in favor of GTA IV's multiplayer. Rent it.

Chance on
    'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • BamelinBamelin Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Warhawk is probaly my favorite game this generation. This includes taking into consideration titles only available on the 360 and Wii.

Bamelin on
  • Dark ShroudDark Shroud Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Uncharted: Drake's Fortune buying/renting this game can not be stressed enough.

Folklore is also worth a rent, besides Heavenly Sword.

And remember most USB peripherals will work on the PS3, like Head sets & web cambs.

Dark Shroud on
  • The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I know it is redundant to say this but Uncharted.

Best game on PS3, and thats including GTA4.

Also, Warhawk.

WAAAARRRRHAAAWWWWKKKK

The_Scarab on
  • RoxtarRoxtar Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Chance wrote: »
    I have to throw up support for Virtua Fighter 5. If you like fighting games (or chess), if you enjoy a game that can seriously challenge you, a game that a first glance seems slow but is in fact blisteringly fast (elite players count frames) Virtua Fighter 5 is the best of the best. It's incredibly deep, but the learning curve is surprisingly smooth. The only negative is that it's got no online support, but I've found the single player to be surprisingly rewarding. $30.00 new.

The Darkness was a surprising find for me. It's also $30.00 new ($15 used), the online is really unimpressive but the single player campaign is rock-solid with incredible visuals, smooth gameplay and the best damn story I've ever seen in a FPS.

You say you're planning on waiting for a PC version of GTA IV, so I can assume you've already got The Orange Box. If not, get it! TF 2's online is, to be honest, pretty laggy. But Half Life 2, Half Life Episode 1, Episode 2 and Portal are easily worth $60.00.

Virtua Fighter is scrub crap, get tekken 5 DR.

Roxtar on
  • Hey YouHey You Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    The Orange Box - one of the best compilations you can get for the PS3. Classic shooter Half Life 2, and two of its major expansions. But not only that, it includes two of the best games of 2007: the critically acclaimed, innovative, and unique Portal, and the classic multiplayer team-based shooter Team Fortress 2.

I know this has probably been said before but if you are playing Team Fortress 2 on PS3 you are seriouly missing out and waisting your time. The PC version is leaps and bounds better as far as updates (plus the mouse keyboard combo is unbeatable). Not to mention the online community that PA incorporates. Seriouly the best online game I have ever played.

Hey You on
  • The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    If he doesnt have a PC or doesnt want to play it on PC the PS3 version is still inferior than the 360 version.

Orange Box on PS3 is a broken mess, still. And its been patched a fair bit.

The_Scarab on
    edited May 2008
    No worries about Orange Box on the PS3. Already played me some on the PC, and lovin' it, although I haven't played TF since the Medic update.

Didn't Yahtzee at Zero Punctuation say Uncharted was a bland, linear game with a forgettable storyline? I'll still play it, but I didn't think it'll be good from his description.

SoulGate on
    steam_sig.png
    edited May 2008
    Didn't Yahtzee at Zero Punctuation say Uncharted was a bland, linear game with a forgettable storyline? I'll still play it, but I didn't think it'll be good from his description.

Yahtzee would have you pass up A LOT of good games based on his quirky criteria. Your game has to be totally balls out crazy or a Valve game to satisfy him.

Not that I've played Uncharted. But Yahtzee seems to hate everything I like, so it must be good.

Dareth Ram on
  • EggyToastEggyToast Jersey CityRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Doesn't Zero Punctuation hate every game?

EggyToast on
    || Flickr — || PSN: EggyToast
  • Hey YouHey You Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    EggyToast wrote: »

Every game but... Portal

And of course he never played TF2 on PC.

Hey You on
    edited May 2008
    Hey You wrote: »

Every game but... Portal

He hates every game unless it's developed by Valve, or is Psychonauts.

He also has a strange disdain for consoles in general. He seems to think that they're a "dumbed down" form of videogames, unlike PC gaming.

slash000 on
  • MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Getting my ps3 on the 12th of June. Can't wait.

MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • MuttonChopsMuttonChops Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    UTIII on the PS3 supports KB&M, if you don't already have it for the PC and don't want to use a controller for an FPS

MuttonChops on
    muttonchops.png
  • CarbonFireCarbonFire See you in the countryRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Hey You wrote: »

Every game but... Portal

He hates every game unless it's developed by Valve, or is Psychonauts.

He also has a strange disdain for consoles in general. He seems to think that they're a "dumbed down" form of videogames, unlike PC gaming.
    While I'm not sure Yahtzee should be used as any sort of filter for game acceptance/avoidance, I generally agree with him on consoles tending towards dumbed-down gameplay. Keep in mind his main purpose is to poke fun at videogames in general, so complicated, "superior" pc games are not immune either (see The Witcher review).

It's not that consoles aren't capable of handling more complex gameplay (although it is harder trying to code around the lack of a precision pointing device), it's more that console games are generally targeted at the widest target audience possible. And wider audience almost always means "lowest common denominator". This however is changing, as more and more "hardcore" gamers flee to consoles while the PC gaming well continues to dry up. COD4 proved a more complex, hardcore game can be successful on the consoles as well....hopefully other companies will follow suit.

CarbonFire on
    Steam: CarbonFire MWO, PSN, Origin: Carb0nFire
    edited May 2008

he basically said it was racist because you killed every ethnicity but white people (which wasn't true, you pretty much just kill indonesians and white mercenaries). he was obviously making stuff up because the ps3 fanboy stable hadn't been poked as hard as the others. it's certainly linear, but if you play uncharted you'll understand why a linear game can be fantastic - it lends itself really well to cinematic drama. and the storyline's generic but executed perfectly. and i'm picky with my stories

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • CarolinaBBQCarolinaBBQ Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    A lot of my friends seem to like PAIN! for some reason. I think I just have some strange friends you really enjoy throwing that poor girl down some subway stairs.

Its neat but feels shallow. Great to pass around with a couple of beers though.

CarolinaBBQ on
    Scri33le.png