As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Questions to help decide platform purchase

2»

• Options
    jamespatrickjamespatrick Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Jandaru wrote: »
    My mouse is comfortable, doesn't lose the signal or any other awful things. I just don't like using it to play games. Buying some fancy gaming mouse isn't going to fix that.

I said the same thing before I got mine. I saw a deal for my Razor for $10 with free shipping and no tax on Cheapassgamers front page and jumped on it. Best thing I ever got. It took me a couple days to get used to but I can't even use other mice for games anymore. I don't want to be a salesman or pitch something but I think a mouse is something that should be thought of carefully when PC gaming. There's a reason so many different companies make gaming mice and mice in general on the PC.

jamespatrick on
  • Options
    JandaruJandaru New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Jandaru wrote: »
    My mouse is comfortable, doesn't lose the signal or any other awful things. I just don't like using it to play games. Buying some fancy gaming mouse isn't going to fix that.

I said the same thing before I got mine. I saw a deal for my Razor for $10 with free shipping and no tax on Cheapassgamers front page and jumped on it. Best thing I ever got. It took me a couple days to get used to but I can't even use other mice for games anymore. I don't want to be a salesman or pitch something but I think a mouse is something that should be thought of carefully when PC gaming. There's a reason so many different companies make gaming mice and mice in general on the PC.

$10 for a new mouse sounds like a pretty good deal.

But unless it has analogue sticks and a D-pad, and you no longer have to slide it around on a flat surface, it's not really addressing my problems.

It's not the quality of the mouse that bothers, it's the fundamental nature of using a mouse that puts me off.

The Wacom tablet suggestion has me intrigued though, even though it retains the "sitting up straight, doing work" posture that is part of my mouse problem.

Jandaru on
    0ijlzpptari2.png
  • Options
    GuibsGuibs Weekend Warrior Somewhere up North.Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I ended up choosing the Xbox 360 version. The mouse was also dragging on my PC and the clicking felts weird compare to the faster buttom pressing on the 360. The acheivements also played a role on my decision ( so did my confortable sofa and HDTV).

I wish there was a way for people who bought the 360 version to also be allowed to download the PC version for free. As far as I know, people who bought it on PC and download and play the game on MAC and LINUX free of charge. The same should apply to the 360 vs PC format. Gee, that would be amazing actually.

Guibs on
    jswidget.php?username=Guibs&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=center&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
    PSN: Guibs25 | XboxLive: Guibs | Steam: Guibsx | Twitch: Guibsx
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Guibs wrote: »
    I ended up choosing the Xbox 360 version. The mouse was also dragging on my PC and the clicking felts weird compare to the faster buttom pressing on the 360. The acheivements also played a role on my decision ( so did my confortable sofa and HDTV).

I wish there was a way for people who bought the 360 version to also be allowed to download the PC version for free. As far as I know, people who bought it on PC and download and play the game on MAC and LINUX free of charge. The same should apply to the 360 vs PC format. Gee, that would be amazing actually.

I asked about this a while ago. Khoo's answer was pretty much, 'We'd love to, but there were obstacles.'

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    GuibsGuibs Weekend Warrior Somewhere up North.Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Willeth wrote: »
    Guibs wrote: »

I asked about this a while ago. Khoo's answer was pretty much, 'We'd love to, but there were obstacles.'

That would actually be amazing. I could see the "obstacles" on the "politicals" and "technical" side of it. On the technical side, they would need to be able to find a way to have a proof on who has the game bought on xbox 360 (and vice versa on PC).

On the political side, there might be some things that prevent them from doing so with Microsoft although I would believe it shouldn't be an issue as this is being released on all platforms at once. But I could see MS wanting their cut if someone would have bought it on PC first then wish to get it on the 360 after.

It should be "MUCH" easier for people who bought it on 360 then would love it on PC as well.

Guibs on
    jswidget.php?username=Guibs&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=center&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
    PSN: Guibs25 | XboxLive: Guibs | Steam: Guibsx | Twitch: Guibsx
  • Options
    EmrysEmrys Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    TyrantCow wrote: »
    Aight, sorry pee.

Lemmie rephrase, should I run this on Linux or Windows?

I mean if no one else is gonna try Linux, I will.

I played the first several hours on my Linux workstation and then finished it on my Linux laptop (Lenovo T60). I had to upgrade the ati mobility drivers on the laptop but that was the closest thing to an "issue"... it didn't even complain when I briefly said "full screen" and just started up across both heads of my workstation, which is like 3360x1050.

It's good to not be the gaming red-headed stepchild for once.

Emrys on