Options

On the Rain-Slick Precipice of [Chat]

• Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I didn't want to be spoiler-y, but
    Michelle's apartment was full of new things with the tags still on them followed by her starting to say where she was from and then trailing off until she said "the midwest".

It's a tad odd and implies that she is some kind of undercover cop.

Then again, I could be reading too deeply into things.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    TehSpectre wrote: »
    Michelle's apartment was full of new things with the tags still on them followed by her starting to say where she was from and then trailing off until she said "the midwest".

I just assumed she was psycho and trying to get away from her past.

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2008

Oh yeah, I forgot that bit. As for reading too deeply:
    Not really.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Dude, my date is totally a cop.

Perfect companion for your hospital tunnel adventure!

edit: oh, gta. whatever!

James on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Damnit, she's kicking my ass at bowling.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    wow. that's. that's pathetic man. You realize you can control the bowling ball after you release it, right?

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Dart is the easiest game... in the game.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    AHahah, subtle/

"What do you do?"

"I guess I am married to my job"

Comeon Tarranon, it's damn obvious now. :P

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    ViolentChemistryViolentChemistry __BANNED USERS regular
    edited May 2008
    Tarranon wrote: »

I just assumed she was psycho and trying to get away from her past.
    See, me too. But I have an excuse, because I'm used to girls who pay attention to me being heavy on the psychosis.

ViolentChemistry on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I guess I am just good at sniffing out cops.

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    AHahah, subtle/

"What do you do?"

"I guess I am married to my job"

Comeon Tarranon, it's damn obvious now. :P

omg spoilerz 4 realz
    maybe if the initial cognition struck you. but the idea that she would be an undercover cop never occurred to me because I could see no reason they would take enough of an interest in Nico to send one over and date him. I guess he's there illegally, but that alone doesn't warrant that level of attention, and at that point in the game I don't think you're really aware of anything else

not to mention that I wouldn't expect and undercover cop to be so damn bad at her job :P

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    11am and three people are in the office. I don't know why my boss being away has encouraged the whole group to slack, it should just be his students really.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    AlexanderAlexander Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    11am and three people are in the office. I don't know why my boss being away has encouraged the whole group to slack, it should just be his students really.

I'm feeling in a slacky mood too, maybe its nationwide. I'm not in tomorrow or Friday and then its bank holiday weekend and I get Tuesday off also so I'm a happy chappy.

On a dull note though I have to travel to London tomorrow in rush hour so am not looking forward to it. Also I hate trains.

Alexander on
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Haha, one of my group's postdocs just came to find me to ask for some help with a problem. Her problem was,
    "Mojo, how can I get a Raman signal from a sample which is... fluffy."

Bank Holday weekend? I'd forgotten about that. Woooo.

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I'm reading a book about radioactivity... by scientology.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Haphazard wrote: »

Thats, thats interesting... in a scary what the hell way

Alexander on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Alexander wrote: »

It's actually quite funny, in a "my brain is bleeding" kind of way. Makes virgin births seem so normal.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited May 2008

It's actually quite funny, in a "my brain is bleeding" kind of way. Makes virgin births seem so normal.

I'm constantly amazed that people actually buy into it really, I mean literally, they do buy into it, with moneys!

Alexander on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited May 2008
    Gah. Neighbor woke me up at 8.30 with shitty music going BMMF BMMF BMMF through two concrete walls.

I showed him his place with two minutes of Feindflug. Then he surrendered unconditionally.

Bleh. Time to go do the laundry.

Echo on
  • Options
    edited May 2008

I'm constantly amazed that people actually buy into it really, I mean literally, they do buy into it, with moneys!

I have a theory: After reading one of the books from front to back, you are practically braindead and easily manipulable.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited May 2008

I have a theory:
    That it's a demon
    A dancing demon
    No, something isn't right there.

So far I've got half a page of scribble for this damn first year report. It would help if I knew who I was writing it for.

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    edited May 2008

I have a theory:
    That it's a demon
    A dancing demon
    No, something isn't right there.

Yes, that's because it's bunnies!

Haphazard on
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Would one would say, that for a person who spends most of their time working on some software development project or the like and claims to be heavily into mathematics, a Commerce/Law double degree is probably not accurately reflecting their major interest areas?

This is my youngest brother, and I am concerned he is about to make a poor undergrad degree choice which won't have many transferable subjects to the thing he is actually interested in. Also that he doesn't really understand what "investment banker" involves, or it's likely career course and just sees "I'm in the money...I'm in the money..."

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Would one would say, that for a person who spends most of their time working on some software development project or the like and claims to be heavily into mathematics, a Commerce/Law double degree is probably not accurately reflecting their major interest areas?

This is my youngest brother, and I am concerned he is about to make a poor undergrad degree choice which won't have many transferable subjects to the thing he is actually interested in. Also that he doesn't really understand what "investment banker" involves, or it's likely career course and just sees "I'm in the money...I'm in the money..."

He is too far gone and has already lost his soul I'm afraid.

Alexander on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    It's easier to get into investment banking with a hard science degree. So he shouldn't do something irrelevant to his interests even if he wants to sell his soul.

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    edited May 2008

He is too far gone and has already lost his soul I'm afraid.

I wouldn't be worried if it was something he had any sort of particularly strong interest in, or if he was more directionless, but he's a lot like my other brother, who we had to strongly convince should be something he was also interested in and Commerce/Software Engineering fit well for him in the end (and he is an ardent supporter of doing what you're interested in).

He just seems stuck in this quandry of "if you don't do these then you never make any money and are trapped in a career" whereas I'm trying to stress "if you do Commerce/Law you are never going to be doing anything in an actual IT capacity, you will be doing Law or something"
    It's easier to get into investment banking with a hard science degree. So he shouldn't do something irrelevant to his interests even if he wants to sell his soul.
    There's also this - people get hired to write reports on whether some guys proposal is crap or not.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Also, should I start a blog, and if so, what's the best site to do this with?

It would be like a focussed blog about my IEBus decoder device, rather then one of those e/n deals.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited May 2008

Got your own hosted space? http://wordpress.org/.

Want something pre-hosted? http://wordpress.com/.

Echo on
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008

It would be like a focussed blog about my IEBus decoder device, rather then one of those e/n deals.

You can always join my blog as a co-author.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Your answer feels oddly complete.

EDIT:

@Aegeri: nah, you keep up with differenty sciences then I do. Also I'm bad at keeping up with science, I just learn fast when I need to.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    edited May 2008

And free!

Alexander on
  • Options
    edited May 2008

And free!

It's you again. I see you there.

Aegeri on
  • Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    For some reason, when I came home for the summer, I keep waking up wicked early and getting tired early... my sleep schedule shifts to that of my parents... I fell asleep while watching the basketball game last night and woke up right as the post game show ended.

Shazkar Shadowstorm on
    poo
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Echo wrote: »
    Gah. Neighbor woke me up at 8.30 with shitty music going BMMF BMMF BMMF through two concrete walls.

I showed him his place with two minutes of Feindflug. Then he surrendered unconditionally.

Someone did that to me once, so I blasted Fear Factory back at max volume, playing their older stuff like Concrete and Digimortal.

They've never ever done it again.

Aegeri on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Aegeri wrote: »

And free!

It's you again. I see you there.

Curses.

Alexander on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Aegeri wrote: »
    Echo wrote: »

Someone did that to me once, so I blasted Fear Factory back at max volume, playing their older stuff like Concrete and Digimortal.

They've never ever done it again.

At university halls, the next block to me kept playing oompa oompa bass music which woke me up repeatedly, I ended up downloading a baby's scream and looping it, I turned my speakers to face the wall full blast and then left for my building for a good few hours.

Alexander on
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Popping in for a quick "hello" before i go back to the joys of ancient Greek.

But, more importantly, my Dad arrives in Cambridge in two hours - I haven't seen him in a year so it'll be amazing!

On the rain-slick...will be bought tonight and played instead of sleeping methinks...

No more [chat] for me...must study....

BobCesca on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited May 2008
    100_0624.jpg

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Elki wrote: »
    100_0624.jpg

If I shot her would it be classed as self defence, I mean, shes holding that rake in a threatening manner.

Alexander on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Ever like...say something out loud but then find yourself unsure if you actually said it or not?

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.