Options

Why "The Customer Is Always Right" Is So Utterly Wrong

• Options
    MikeMcSomethingMikeMcSomething Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I think what happened is Shadow wanted to initially say "Well that sucks but hey keep your reciepts", but he typed "You deserve it" and instead of going back and explaining the confusion, he got indignant and tried to spin it into some grand point about how hopefully the tough love I have recieved will help me out in all of my future purchases, and then when that didn't work he just kept digging his hole.

MikeMcSomething on
  • Options
    nosnibornosnibor Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Anyway, I love how this thread has become the new unofficial "Employee Lounge."

edit: Which was my favorite thread when I first showed up here.

nosnibor on
    When you're a spy, it's a good idea to give away your trade secrets in a voiceover on a TV show.
  • Options
    DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    DeShadowC wrote: »
    Bama wrote: »
    Okay how about this. In order to prove to the representative, and through them, to the company the merchandise would be returned to, that you purchased said item from them you would need a receipt. You didn't have a receipt. They have no "proof" that you made the purchase.
    aaaaand we're back to being pedantic and dickish

Have you ever worked a returns department for any store. The companies you send the items back to normally request a receipt or they don't credit the money back to the store. So the store literally loses money.

You read my post right? Like, the first one, with the letters and sentences and ideas and such? The one that indicates that the employee wanted a reciept for me to be able to exchange season X of show Z with season Y?

Your first reply to me, you were using profanity and making assumptions as to what I do for a living. Second even exchanging an item, for another, at many stores requires the other to be sent back to the manufacture of the item.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Okay how about this. In order to prove to the representative, and through them, to the company the merchandise would be returned to, that you purchased said item from them you would need a receipt. You didn't have a receipt. They have no "proof" that you made the purchase.

Have you ever worked a returns department for any store. The companies you send the items back to normally request a receipt or they don't credit the money back to the store. So the store literally loses money.
    I worked at Gamestop while I was in school. I've done all manner of wacky returns.
    edit: and this is still ignoring the fact that the receipt was present but not under the customer's control.

This too. They claimed their fucking garbage can was a BIOHAZARD, because there were "Tissues and stuff in it" - It's not like they were even trying.

I wouldn't of dug through the garbage for you either. You should of kept your receipt.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

I worked at Gamestop while I was in school. I've done all manner of wacky returns.
    edit: and this is still ignoring the fact that the receipt was present but not under the customer's control.

This too. They claimed their fucking garbage can was a BIOHAZARD, because there were "Tissues and stuff in it" - It's not like they were even trying.

I wouldn't of dug through the garbage for you either. You should of kept your receipt.
    You should replace both instances of "of" with the word "have" there. Also, I would have gotten the receipt out of the trash (if I even needed it) so I guess we're tied on the subjective justification game.

I haven't worked for Suncoast, but a friend of mine has and I can ask her about specific poliecies. Assuming the DVD set was unopened there is no reason for the exchange to leave the store. I can't think of a point-of-sale system that doesn't allow the cashier to void transactions, and that's at least one way to accomplish what the customer wanted. I guess that gets muddy with debit card purchases though.

But, hey, they didn't use any sort of justification like that for refusing the exchange, they wanted to act like vindictive pricks.

Bama on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Seriously I worked at plenty of shitty mall jobs, my favorite one was the hobby store where a pissed-off screaming parent came in and wanted to return an item her son broke. I checked with my manager, he said it was cool, so I did the return, because that was my fucking job.

If I wanted to be paid to teach lessons I would start working at a Sunday school.

MikeMcSomething on
  • Options
    edited July 2008

You should replace both instances of "of" with the word "have" there. Also, I would have gotten the receipt out of the trash (if I even needed it) so I guess we're tied on the subjective justification game.

I haven't worked for Suncoast, but a friend of mine has and I can ask her about specific poliecies. Assuming the DVD set was unopened there is no reason for the exchange to leave the store. I can't think of a point-of-sale system that doesn't allow the cashier to void transactions, and that's at least one way to accomplish what the customer wanted. I guess that gets muddy with debit card purchases though.

But, hey, they didn't use any sort of justification like that for refusing the exchange, they wanted to act like vindictive pricks.

Oh God don't begin with the grammar nazi bullshit. How about this. They informed the customer of the companies return policy. He was unable to meet the requirements of the return policy, so neither him, nor his direct supervisor, processed the return for him.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    So I worked at Home Depot in the returns department for quite awhile down here in San Diego, and one night, something very memorable happened.

We're about an hour from close, and a couple walks in. A very ugly couple, which is mostly irrelevant, but not quite, but I feel it should be mentioned. The importance of the fact is that the guy is not the one talking, but he's short, kinda stout, and lanky. The woman is also short, and chubby, as if she doesn't know the meaning of the phrase "get up from the TV for a moment," extending to the point where she couldn't eat heavily enough to become obese because she wasn't willing to get up for that long.

Anyway, enough about them being disgusting, which they were (also dirty, very bad smelling, overall just horrid). They come in with a bunch of wood and some drywall, carrying it in as if it's the heaviest thing in the world. I can sympathize, because the crap is heavy. But they couldn't even lift it. Not both of them together.

They come up to the counter. "We'd like to return this stuff."

ME: "Well, do you have the receipt?"
    HER: "No."
    ME: Sensing suspicion here, I begin to go through the motions of actually doing a non-reciepted return (which we do regularly). "Why are you returning all of this?"
    HER: "We just got finished with a job. This is the leftovers." *smile*

This is a pretty standard response... for people who have worked a day in their life.

Now, I'd worked at this place for two years. For one thing, contractors hardly EVER return their stuff at 9 o'clock at night after they finish their job. Also, there was NO WAY either of them had ever used anything remotely like these materials to do anything productive. They couldn't even lift them.

Now the possibility still existed they hired someone and their procedures were just unorthodox. So I continue.

ME: "Ah, that's cool. What was the project?"
    HER: "Uh... we were building..."
    HER: "..." She looks back at the guy, whose eyes go wide in surprise. He shrugs, shakes his head.
    HER: "...a deck."

It being quite obvious that they stole the materials from a construction site and were hoping to get credit for them... ME: *pretend to scan* "Ah, I'm sorry, this merchandise is restricted. I'm afraid I can't offer you an unreceipted return for it."
    HER: "What? Tha-"
    ME: "Thank you for shopping at Home Depot! Have a nice night!"

They walk away.

Rend on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Oh God don't begin with the grammar nazi bullshit. How about this. They informed the customer of the companies return policy. He was unable to meet the requirements of the return policy, so neither him, nor his direct supervisor, processed the return for him.
    --
    I've asserted that it would be trivially simple for them to process his exchange. If you don't have any decent objection to that claim then it really comes down to them being jerks.

Look at it this way: Hopefully by me being a jerk to you about your misuse of English you'll avoid making a critical error on your next term paper. ;-)

Bama on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    --
    I've asserted that it would be trivially simple for them to process his exchange. If you don't have any decent objection to that claim then it really comes down to them being jerks.

Look at it this way: Hopefully by me being a jerk to you about your misuse of English you'll avoid making a critical error on your next term paper. ;-)

I graduated 8 years ago so that'd be irrelevant. But how is it being a dick to not violate company policy?

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I very sincerely doubt that Suncoast has a policy forbidding employees from recovering a receipt from the trashcan. I'm also willing to bet that had the customer complained to the district manager, or maybe even the store manager, that they would have done the exchange.

Bama on
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I very sincerely doubt that Suncoast has a policy forbidding employees from recovering a receipt from the trashcan.
    One, you'd be surprised. Two, there are such things as health codes.

AngelHedgie on
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Yes, I would be surprised because that would be policy more ridiculous than any I have encountered. I've also never heard of health codes affecting retail businesses that don't handle foods. I certainly wasn't trained on anything having to do with health codes when I worked retail. Even then, the cashier could have just popped on a latex glove and grabbed the receipt

Bama on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2008
    I mentioned this way earlier in the thread, but I used to work for Best Buy so here's a tip if you shop there:

All receipts are kept electronically on file for a year, as long as you paid with debit or credit.

So if an employee of Best Buy ever gives you shit for not having a receipt and you paid with credit/debit, tell him to stop being a dick and look that shit up. Same goes for service plans and services (installations, Geek squad, etc). It's all kept eletronically as long as debit/credit is involved.

Edit: I just remembered. If you use Reward Zone on your purchase, it doesn't matter how you pay. That shit is definitely stored. I used to use that a selling point to RZ.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I very sincerely doubt that Suncoast has a policy forbidding employees from recovering a receipt from the trashcan.
    One, you'd be surprised. Two, there are such things as health codes.

I've seen managers undo what previous representatives/employees do because the customer wasn't owed anything. Don't automatically assume a manager will bend over for you because a lot of times they're more likely to follow corporate policy then the standard employee or first level supervisor. If you want to go digging through trash feel free. I wouldn't do it, certainly not in some crappy retail job, for a customer who was probably being irate or abusive. Employees are more likely to help you out if you don't treat them like shit. I believe thats been stated multiple times in this thread.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Gamestop/EB Games also keeps a transaction log. I don't think it goes back for an entire year, but it does cover all transactions at that POS, including cash and voided transactions.

edit: DeShadow, there is no reason to believe that the customer was being abusive. There certainly wasn't any reason to believe it when you claimed he "deserved" what happened. Just because you would do the same thing doesn't mean they weren't being dicks. Perhaps it means you are a dick?

Bama on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Yes, I would be surprised because that would be policy more ridiculous than any I have encountered. I've also never heard of health codes affecting retail businesses that don't handle foods. I certainly wasn't trained on anything having to do with health codes when I worked retail. Even then, the cashier could have just popped on a latex glove and grabbed the receipt

Just because you weren't trained on something doesn't mean the policy doesn't exist.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Gamestop/EB Games also keeps a transaction log. I don't think it goes back for an entire year, but it does cover all transactions at that POS, including cash and voided transactions.

edit: DeShadow, there is no reason to believe that the customer was being abusive. There certainly wasn't any reason to believe it when you claimed he "deserved" what happened. Just because you would do the same thing doesn't mean they weren't being dicks. Perhaps it means you are a dick?

I know I'm a dick. But like I've said multiple times. They have a corporate return policy. The customer was unable to follow said policy. The return was not processed.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    edited July 2008

Just because you weren't trained on something doesn't mean the policy doesn't exist.
    It also doesn't mean the policy does exist.

edit: Ok, I'm done. If you want to keep retreating to corporate policy as the basis for equitable treatment then there's no way I'm going to get through to you.

Bama on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Rend's Home Depot post reminded me of a funny story. I was selling a few things (including a gun) at a pawn shop to get some extra cash. Yes they really belonged to me, and yes I have a job, I just needed the extra money and I nobody I knew wanted to buy my gun from me.

So I unlock the case and turn it toward the guy behind the counter, because I'll be damned if I'm gonna brandish a firearm in public. Everythings cool, so I start filling out paperwork while the pawnshop guy checks to make sure it's not stolen.

While I'm doing this, some guy comes up behind me and starts asking me a lot of questions about the gun. Where I got it, how much I'm getting for it, etc. I tell him none of his business and go back to my paperwork.

This guy then goes to the other pawnshop guy and plops this grocery bag full of random stuff onto the counter. I look over to see:

-the dude is obviously a junkie. if he's not high, he's so messed up from withdrawl he might as well be
    -CD player with headphones
    -about a dozen CDs, ranging from Britney to some other unlistenable teen-pop

What follows is basically the pawnshop guy trying to politely get rid of the junkie, since it's obvious all of his loot is most likely stolen, and pretty much worthless anyway.

"Sir, we don't take CD players anymore. Store policy."
    "C'mon, man. The guy bought one last week."
    "No he didn't. Neither one of us would do that."

"Sir, these CDs are mostly scratched, and none of them are in their cases. We don't take them without their cases."
    "C'mon, there's fifteen CDs there. Can't you give me thirty for them?"
    "No."
    "Twenty?"
    "This isn't a negotiation sir. I can give you exactly zero dollars for those CDs."

The junkie was still trying to haggle when I left with my money from my non-stolen merchandise.

nosnibor on
    When you're a spy, it's a good idea to give away your trade secrets in a voiceover on a TV show.
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    nosnibor wrote: »
    Rend's Home Depot post reminded me of a funny story. I was selling a few things (including a gun) at a pawn shop to get some extra cash. Yes they really belonged to me, and yes I have a job, I just needed the extra money and I nobody I knew wanted to buy my gun from me.

So I unlock the case and turn it toward the guy behind the counter, because I'll be damned if I'm gonna brandish a firearm in public. Everythings cool, so I start filling out paperwork while the pawnshop guy checks to make sure it's not stolen.

While I'm doing this, some guy comes up behind me and starts asking me a lot of questions about the gun. Where I got it, how much I'm getting for it, etc. I tell him none of his business and go back to my paperwork.

This guy then goes to the other pawnshop guy and plops this grocery bag full of random stuff onto the counter. I look over to see:

-the dude is obviously a junkie. if he's not high, he's so messed up from withdrawl he might as well be

What follows is basically the pawnshop guy trying to politely get rid of the junkie, since it's obvious all of his loot is most likely stolen, and pretty much worthless anyway.

"Sir, these CDs are mostly scratched, and none of them are in their cases. We don't take them without their cases."
    "No."
    "Twenty?"
    "This isn't a negotiation sir. I can give you exactly zero dollars for those CDs."

The junkie was still trying to haggle when I left with my money from my non-stolen merchandise.

Do people not realize reputable establishments are not glorified fences for your stolen goods?

Crap happens all the time, especially at stores like these :p

Rend on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Rend wrote: »

"No."
    "Twenty?"

Do people not realize reputable establishments are not glorified fences for your stolen goods?

We used to get stolen shit all the time. A few times our records were used to prosecute folks, but most of the time it was just a one-time thing that didn't seem quite right or a repeat offender that we eventually refused.

Bama on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    This wasn't some hole-in-the-wall shady place either. It was a chain store type of pawn shop. I doubt the guy really thought his plan through, though. Junkies aren't known for great decision-making skills.

nosnibor on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Rend wrote: »

"No."
    "Twenty?"

We used to get stolen shit all the time. A few times our records were used to prosecute folks, but most of the time it was just a one-time thing that didn't seem quite right or a repeat offender that we eventually refused.

Oh man oh man, ok, 'nother story. Working at the same returns stand at the same Home Depot.

Lady comes in with, like, twenty breakers to return, no receipt. I go through the standard procedure, and such, but I'm careful about this one. Why, in particular? Breakers are special. They're small, pilferable, and very expensive. So I check her ID quite carefully, and notice something is off. Her name has been tampered with.

Realizing this is a Loss Prevention issue, I fake an error, and call up our LP officer.

"Continue the transaction."

So I do. It continues, and she leaves the store... to be met by our large, buff, LP officer, putting her in handcuffs. Apparently they had been watching her for an hour, steal the stuff and bring it back.

It was interesting to watch.

Rend on
  • Options
    RubickRubick Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I very sincerely doubt that Suncoast has a policy forbidding employees from recovering a receipt from the trashcan. I'm also willing to bet that had the customer complained to the district manager, or maybe even the store manager, that they would have done the exchange.

I've worked for Suncoast. Was a store manager for almost 3 years. It's ok if an employee wants to go digging through the trash for a receipt! That's their call. The OP of the post that started the mess said he was doing an exchange - for which you don't even NEED the receipt (policy says you can switch it out, and since the employee himself had checked him out a couple of minutes earlier, I seriously doubt he would've gotten bitched at). Granted, every store has the right to refuse a return as they see fit, yada yada, but the employee could have voided the transaction (which, if he'd paid cash, they would've not wanted to do), could have done a refund even without a receipt, could have done an exchange, all sorts of things. He could have gone through the original register tape and gotten all the info off of it (which I've done before if the situation called for it).

The OP probably could have escalated it to the DM, and if he had done it in my store, I know the DM would've given him the return just to make him go away.

Rubick on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited July 2008
    japan wrote: »
    I honestly don't know why people toss receipts for anything non-consumable.

They're not hard to store, or anything.

You know what I like?

Those receipts apparently printed with vanishing ink that's faded away completely six months later, no matter how carefully you store the receipt.

Echo on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Rubick wrote: »

I've worked for Suncoast. Was a store manager for almost 3 years. It's ok if an employee wants to go digging through the trash for a receipt! That's their call. The OP of the post that started the mess said he was doing an exchange - for which you don't even NEED the receipt (policy says you can switch it out, and since the employee himself had checked him out a couple of minutes earlier, I seriously doubt he would've gotten bitched at). Granted, every store has the right to refuse a return as they see fit, yada yada, but the employee could have voided the transaction (which, if he'd paid cash, they would've not wanted to do), could have done a refund even without a receipt, could have done an exchange, all sorts of things. He could have gone through the original register tape and gotten all the info off of it (which I've done before if the situation called for it).

The OP probably could have escalated it to the DM, and if he had done it in my store, I know the DM would've given him the return just to make him go away.

Yeah I paid with a debit card and was really polite (I'm always polite, as I know what it's like to work behind a counter at the shopping mall for 8 hours) - Honestly I was so baffled by their lack of willingness to help that I didn't even think to escalate the issue, I just took the DVD home and wound up giving it to a friend.

MikeMcSomething on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Echo wrote: »

You know what I like?

Those receipts apparently printed with vanishing ink that's faded away completely six months later, no matter how carefully you store the receipt.

Yeah I've had some pretty bad ones, where I go to Florida for a business trip, save the reciepts, and 2 weeks later when I submit my expenses they are barely legible.

MikeMcSomething on
  • Options
    AridholAridhol Daddliest Catch Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    apologies if it's been answered but can you scan a receipt and use a digital copy as real?
    I had thought about archiving my receipts digitally because as several people have mentioned, ink fades way to fast.

Can anyone in the insurance business verify if this is ok to do?

Aridhol on
  • Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Aridhol wrote: »
    apologies if it's been answered but can you scan a receipt and use a digital copy as real?
    I had thought about archiving my receipts digitally because as several people have mentioned, ink fades way to fast.

I'm betting anyone in the sure insurance business would say:
    "Check with your policy / agent."

Phoenix-D on
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Phoenix-D wrote: »
    Aridhol wrote: »

I'm betting anyone in the sure insurance business would say:
    "Check with your policy / agent."

Yep.

I posted a more detailed answer a couple of pages ago. Basically, whether or not it's acceptable likely has little to do with the receipts themselves and everything to do with whether your insurer thinks you're lying to them.

Also, weirdly, I don't seem to have this problem. I just dug out one of my older envelopes (from 2004-ish) and they don't seem to have faded much, if at all.

japan on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited July 2008
    Also, weirdly, I don't seem to have this problem. I just dug out one of my older envelopes (from 2004-ish) and they don't seem to have faded much, if at all.

The ones printed with dot matrix needles and actual ink are fairly persistent. The thermal-printed ones suck ass.

Echo on
  • Options
    MightyMighty Omeganaut '15 '16 '17 NebraskaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008

The ones printed with dot matrix needles and actual ink are fairly persistent. The thermal-printed ones suck ass.

man, if you are looking to save those, why not scan them when you get them home, then if they fade out you still have a copy.

Mighty on
    Twitch: twitch.tv\dreadmighty
  • Options
    noobertnoobert Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    This is kind of related. I ordered something on "Overnight First Class" shipping. As always I allow 2 nights for it to get there, however, on the day I am expecting it to come I take a look at the online tracking nearly first thing in the morning.

At 0652 they attempted to deliver the package, no one answered the door so a little card was left and the package was sent back to the depot. I call the company and ask what do I do from here, the options given:
    Drive ~70km to their depot and claim the package some time after 6pm.
    Pay an addition amount to have the package sent out again.

So what did I do? I enquired about their delivery times... What's this? they are 9 - 5? You can't explain why they attempted to deliver out of those hours? You can understand my frustration with the situation? Obviously I request to speak to someone who can help me resolve this situation.

I get transferred to a very polite, slightly effeminate sounding, male who informs me of my 2 options again and again and again. I respond in kind and request his details, then call Apple Australia.

Apple rep gets all the information she requires for the situation, informs me that she will call my mobile ASAP with a resolution to the situation.

Not even a quarter of an hour later I get a call informing me that the shipping cost has been refunded to my credit card, the parcel will be delivered by Friday and in future any orders I make on their online store will not be shipped using TNT.

tl;dr: Apple Win, TNT massive fail.

noobert on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2008
    You have a shipping company called TNT in AU and you trust them? Tsk tsk.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Henroid wrote: »
    Sometimes I enjoyed customers that through out their receipts. The ones that say, "I don't need it" and just leave it at your register. Because if they have to come back, you get to teach them a lesson in humility. Well, hopefully.

One time I bought a DVD for a TV show, and told the Suncoast employee that he could toss my reciept. 10 minutes later, I realized it was the wrong season, and went back to exchange the DVD. He said I needed my receipt, I told him it was juuuuuuuuuuust to his left right there on top of the trash can, and the employee and his manager both refused to get my receipt because the garbage can could potentially be a "Biological Hazard", and when I reiterated the the reciept was sitting on top of the trash heap, that didn't contain mystery chemicals, they repeated that they weren't going to grab it. I was pretty pissed. Sometimes the employees are just genuine assholes instead of the customers.

I'm also not understanding how you somehow get absolutely excited about the fact that you get to remind a customer that they needed their receipt.

I've read the exchange you and DeShadowC had with each other over this. Wanna know what I think?

I think there's something you aren't telling us, something you did to annoy the employees. Maybe it was intentional, maybe it wasn't. But it doesn't matter, because your story just proves one thing.

Hold onto your goddamn receipt. It is NOT an inconvenience. Keep it in the bag with the DVD, keep it in your wallet or pocket, and store it somewhere at home with other receipts. I've been doing this since before I graduated from highschool because I've seen people get dicked over, and it's not hard to prevent.

Henroid on
  • Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    noobert wrote: »
    This is kind of related. I ordered something on "Overnight First Class" shipping. As always I allow 2 nights for it to get there, however, on the day I am expecting it to come I take a look at the online tracking nearly first thing in the morning.

At 0652 they attempted to deliver the package, no one answered the door so a little card was left and the package was sent back to the depot. I call the company and ask what do I do from here, the options given:
    Drive ~70km to their depot and claim the package some time after 6pm.
    Pay an addition amount to have the package sent out again.

So what did I do? I enquired about their delivery times... What's this? they are 9 - 5? You can't explain why they attempted to deliver out of those hours? You can understand my frustration with the situation? Obviously I request to speak to someone who can help me resolve this situation.

I get transferred to a very polite, slightly effeminate sounding, male who informs me of my 2 options again and again and again. I respond in kind and request his details, then call Apple Australia.

Apple rep gets all the information she requires for the situation, informs me that she will call my mobile ASAP with a resolution to the situation.

Not even a quarter of an hour later I get a call informing me that the shipping cost has been refunded to my credit card, the parcel will be delivered by Friday and in future any orders I make on their online store will not be shipped using TNT.

tl;dr: Apple Win, TNT massive fail.

I have a similar problem that happens every single goddamned time I get a parcel sent to me. No matter how clear I make it that someone is home, at some point during the time I expect the parcel, I find a little note saying that they tried to deliver the parcel but nobody was home. This includes times that I've sat a couple of metres from the door with the door open. Fuckers drop the note as soon as they can.

AnteCantelope on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

You know what I like?

Photocopiers are your friend. Receipts mostly serve their purpose until the return-time or warranty on the product is up. If the latter, definitely photocopy. If the former, meh, return policies are up by a month usually right?

Henroid on
  • Options
    PjstelfordPjstelford Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Beating a dead horse.

We're done with that argument. Please stop.

Pjstelford on
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Not actually a mod. Roaming the streets, waving his gun around.Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited July 2008
    Pjstelford wrote: »
    Beating a dead horse.

We're done with that argument. Please stop.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
This discussion has been closed.