As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Vanguard] SNEAK IS GONE SO THIS GAME IS DEAD.

• Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    It's kinda strange that I have time for this, since I never bought the game. I don't think I even ever played it before.

TheLawinator on
    My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    The classes and dugneans are freaking awsome, bugs and low population aside.

Draeven on
    Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• Options
    mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Are you dudes still playing on Saredon?

I'm utterly lost with my mid level guildless cleric on a random server so just gonna start up a new character.

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    SkyCaptainSkyCaptain IndianaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I'm reinstalling to take advantage of my 45 free days. I still have a lvl 13 druid somewhere lol.

edit - 5.5gigs still to go...

SkyCaptain on
    The RPG Bestiary - Dangerous foes and legendary monsters for D&D 4th Edition
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Ah so the servers were merged.

Tooling around as a level 5 dreadknight on Telon: Balveda Falconflight.

mere_immortal on
    Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    You on the starter island or you racial city ? All my chrs are on telon. They just got the rename fuction back up and running since yesterday.

Draeven on
    Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• Options
    edited May 2011
    Starter island.

Been ages since I played so thought I'd run through the crafting and diplo tutorials again.

mere_immortal on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Yeah, AND you get cool stuff so its probably worth it. When you get off the island let me know, like i said i can mentor down and we can wreck faces, alot of the dungeans got changed to be more small group friendly.

Draeven on

• Options
    ErragalErragal Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I'm jealous. 4 more hours till I can even download it!!. I loved so much about this game back in the day but the friend I played MMO's with didn't really get into it as much (I also got REALLY angry back in the day when they nerfed my Psion's ability to charm awesome OP enemies, considering some of the other bugs that still existed at the time).

If people end up forming groups for some of the dungeons, I'll be rolling a disciple or a blood mage this time around so you'll have some heals.

Erragal on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    As ive said thats the one thing I really likied about this game was all the group dungeons etc, so im definaly down been doing some scouint with my necro on the low level dunngeons finding all the named mobs etc. We just need to figure out the group dynamic so to speak, as long as we have a healer and a tank we would just need some dps etc.

Draeven on

• Options
    JubehJubeh Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I have a monk. I just need to sub so I can get off the island.

Jubeh on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Is there a substantial cost to set up a guild?

mere_immortal on
  • Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Well fuck it, Im reinstalling too since they gave me free time.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Wow, still have my 19 psion/17 artificer. Think I spent more time crafting than fighting things! Going to make a disciple and try out the new starter zone.

Erragal on
  • Options
    WaftWaft Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    What kind of billing options does this game take besides credit cards? I'm interested in trying Vanguard, but a bit hesitant to use a card what with the recent Sony fiasco. Paypal maybe?

Waft on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I don't think you can find any other way to pay, since they aren't pushing the game they dont have prepaid cards, unless they do prepaid station access cards. also those of you who got the free 45 days you dont need to set up an payment option it just 45 days no recurring.

so anyone online right now?

Draeven on

• Options
    edited May 2011
    I'm on (name is Mryven) but I'm just getting used to everything/setting up keybinds. Won't get to play much till friday.

Erragal on
  • Options
    DiscoZombieDiscoZombie Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I spent a chunk of this evening getting reacquainted with my 48 necro. Fun stuff but I remembered (one of) the reasons I quit. I'm out of soloable quests and am stuck grinding :(

DiscoZombie on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Well, i just relized im in the OG guild we started for this called the Penny Arcadians, but for somereaosn even though im an "invite bitch" i can't invite anyone to the guild :P

Draeven on

• Options
    edited May 2011
    Its ok disco start over with a new class we cn do dungeon runs etc :D or just mentor down :D

Draeven on

• Options
    FoomyFoomy Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Draeven wrote: »
    Well, i just relized im in the OG guild we started for this called the Penny Arcadians, but for somereaosn even though im an "invite bitch" i can't invite anyone to the guild :P

is my/the guild house still there? see if the guild recall still works.

Foomy on
    Steam Profile: FoomyFooms
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    I'll check tomorrow, im not sure how to guidl recall, if i have to buy one or not foomy . I just think its odd that I can't invite people to the guild and yet it plainly says im an invite bitch.

Draeven on

• Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I think me and a couple of friends will give this a spin once our current WoW run goes on hiatus; I remember dungeon running being outstanding in Vanguard. "Ooh, ooh! I see a cave!" "Fuck yeah, let's go spelunking for riches and death!"
    Will the classic tank-healer-DPS trio work for most dungeons? I remember adoring Dread Knights and WoW's taught me I love tanking.

Glal on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Yeah, that will never change galal.

Draeven on

• Options
    HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I need to scratch that MMO itch until SWTOR comes out...how does this play? I've watched a couple gameplay videos, but wanted to know how grindy it is. Are there a lot of quests? Phat lewtz and all that?

What classes do people like playing? Monk sounded neato...but then again so did Cleric.

Heir on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    DiscoZombieDiscoZombie Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Draeven wrote: »
    I'll check tomorrow, im not sure how to guidl recall, if i have to buy one or not foomy . I just think its odd that I can't invite people to the guild and yet it plainly says im an invite bitch.

I think I just fixed the invite permissions, and I also promoted everyone who's been on in the last couple days so they can invite too

DiscoZombie on
  • Options
    buddyleebuddylee Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I'd recommend disciple - fun class with some new mechanics, able to solo well and groups nicely too. Kung Fu healers, just full of awesomeness.

I also found Druid to be a fun nuker with some nice utility/heals on the side.

My other choice would be blood mage, also a healer with decent damage and neat mechanics.

For new folks who want a change, try adventuring in Qalia. Its a middle-eastern/north-african themed continent and breaks the northern european mold aka Thestra. You can level up your entire career in Qalia and never go anywhere else, true enough.

buddylee on
    Jack Burton: "Like I told my last wife, I says, 'Honey, I never drive faster than I can see'. Besides that, it's all in the reflexes."
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Thats the one thing about this game, i fyou didn't want to repeat any quests and or areas you could with atleast 3 chrs. Thanks disco, those were prolly my 3 or 4 chrs :D

Draeven on

• Options
    edited May 2011
    Well crud, I can't play this right now can I because of all the SOE/PSN stuff? Guess I'll have to just wait.

Thanks for the tips, I may look at disciple...I like being able to heal some, but being some kind of martial artists ALSO sounds fun. :)

Heir on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Umm, you can play and people are playing. If you have had subed before you got 45 free days.

Draeven on

• Options
    edited May 2011
    No it's back up.

That's why a bunch of us are playing again, got 45 free days.

mere_immortal on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Weird. The first "Store" link I clicked on from SOEs site only had a long letter to the community about all the shenanigans and goings on. :)

Heir on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Ok bought. My browser crapped out on me though, and now I can't find a link to download the SOE launchpad. Anyone know where I can find that? I'm looking in my account info, but I don't see anything apparent.

Heir on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Hmmm, just buy it through steam :D i know its too late but its much more effecitant to download it that way, though i would think soe has a link to the launchpad download.

Draeven on

• Options
    edited May 2011
    Yeah too late. I found a link at least.

Heir on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Now that my chrs can invite others let me know when your online ill log someone in and start inviting.

Draeven on

• Options
    edited May 2011
    Disciple is really cool, I like it a lot. Agree on the reccomendations of Blood Mage and Druid as well. Monk is really tough and good dps but it's not a healer at all. Most of the classes get a ton of abilities and lots of utility in this game, so I don't feel like you can make a terrible choice.

Erragal on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    the concept of healing someone by punching someone else in the face is great :P by far my fav class, I wouldn't know the first thing about playing mine since ive been gone for so long.

Draeven on

• Options
    edited May 2011
    Draeven, what is your ingame character's name? I don't see it on the list in the OP.

Heir on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Ummm, i got like 5 chrs, umm steravin, crematorian, poitoi, groodnock, roweland is mine too.

Draeven on