As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

some noob questions about PAX

postermonkeypostermonkey Registered User regular
edited July 2006 in PAX Archive
whats the policy with alcohol at something like this?

i saw some pics from a dragon con and there were ppl all over the place with open containers ..

are they pretty relaxed about the alcohol ?

whats this " omegathon " of which you speak ?

i saw the post about the young person asking how kids are treated at an event like this.. well what if youre all kinds of old and dont " PWN FACE" ? will i be accepted or mocked?

will there be furries?

postermonkey on

• CerriusCerrius Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Alcohol is not allowed.

The Omegathon is the yearly competition which you can choose to enter when you preregister. You play different types of games against other Omeganaughts, with people eliminated each round until only 1 remains. There is always a huge prize for the winner, and the final around of the Omegathon is usually the coolest thing at PAX.

Age isn't looked down upon.

There was a furry or two last year.

Cerrius on
    [SIGPIC]image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5578&dateline=1219903129[/SIGPIC]
  • NephirijNephirij Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Colonel ian, you arre right abut everything except the alcohol thing. whil alcohol in not accepted at the meydenbauer or any PAX sponsored rooms, you are free to drink and get drunk in your hotel rooms, and at the local bars. how ever, if you come to a PAX sponsored place drunk and start ccausing trouble or act like a complete jackass to everyone, there are Enforcers there to help everyone out.

Nephirij on
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2006
    I dont think it can be mentioned enough about how ALOCHOL ISNT ALLOWED.

If anybody wants to say it again, feel free to do so :P

What does it matter if "furries" are there or not?

Everthing else has been explained by others.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited July 2006
    Alcohol is not allowed.

The Omegathon is the yearly competition which you can choose to enter when you preregister. You play different types of games against other Omeganaughts, with people eliminated each round until only 1 remains. There is always a huge prize for the winner, and the final around of the Omegathon is usually the coolest thing at PAX.

Age isn't looked down upon.

There was a furry or two last year.

You don't so much choose to enter the Omegathon as are choosed to participate. When you preregister you decide if you want to be considered for the Omegathon (believe me, if you could just choose to enter the Omegathon, there would be 5,000 people signed up)

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Don't bring booze to PAX.

Do feel free to have drinks outside of PAX at your hotel room, home, apartment, or local restaurant of choice. If you're underage, don't come to a party and beg for booze, as at that point I'll feel obligated to throw you out a window.

Don't come to PAX boozed to the point where you are unable to act appropriately. If you stink like booze, wander around glossy-eyed or slur your speech, not only are you acting like a gigantic douchebag but you're also missing out on the three best gaming days of the year.

Shower. Once a day. This is not open for negotiation.

PotatoNinja on
    Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • NephirijNephirij Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Shower. Once a day. This is not open for negotiation.

at least.

Nephirij on
  • postermonkeypostermonkey Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    i keep seeing you guys joke and laugh about ppl smelling like poo or whatever.. is it really that big of an issue? do alot of gamers just FORGET to bathe? too busy playing video games to take time out to shower?

please elaborate ..

you know what really sucks is those hippy kids who toss on MORE patchulie oil instead of bathing ... yo man thats not helping ....

postermonkey on
  • ctishmanctishman Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Yes. It has been a noticable issue in years past. Some people just don't shower, which isn't so bad for one person, but when you get 3000 of them in a confined space, it begins to reek. A few make a bigger deal out of it than is necessary - I mean, it's not going to kill you, but it is a turn-off.

ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
    http://homepage.mac.com/ctishman
  • QuizMasterQuizMaster Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    I'm going to say no. People exaggerate. It is not like you're hit with a big wave of stink when you enter the building. I didn't notice any smells whatsoever.

Or maybe I just have a weak sense of smell. Is that a good thing or a bad thing? That's for you to decide.

QuizMaster on
  • ZyzzyvasZyzzyvas Registered User regular
    edited July 2006
    Just try to avoid walking past the DDR machine on the 3rd day. :lol:

Zyzzyvas on