As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Phalla]Phallangband: A Roguelike Phalla Game Over (Ask Questions Now)

• Options
    Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Oh wow I didn't think there were that many adventurers left.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • Options
    TrustTrust Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Ok, I'm still fucking lost. What. The. Fuck. Is going on?

Trust on
    We Stand Ready
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Trust wrote: »
    Ok, I'm still fucking lost. What. The. Fuck. Is going on?

Either we have vigs that know what they are doing or the remaining adventurers are killing each other?

I don't know.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    SpeedySwafSpeedySwaf Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    On the bright side, a lot of adventurers got killed somehow.

I believe it's because they're hunting their rival factions and the other orcs as well.

SpeedySwaf on
  • Options
    SavantSavant Simply Barbaric Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Woah, 3 for 4? That's a lot of adventurers. It's somewhat disconcerting that killing those 3 hasn't finished the game yet.

Savant on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Savant wrote: »
    Woah, 3 for 4? That's a lot of adventurers. It's somewhat disconcerting that killing those 3 hasn't finished the game yet.
    It'd be funny if all the vigs killed each other this night.

EDIT: No, wait...given who died we still probably have a couple more on the loose at least.

SpeedySwaf on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I think I'll start with a placeholder for !Akimbolegs since it looked like he accused orcs that were confirmed to be innocent, and the guys who I'm not suspicious of are suspicious of him.

Savant on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Eh, on the one hand he's had it pretty hard for Ryadic for what seemed to be the entire game, and he turned out to be a gnome.

On the other hand, since the adventurers aren't working together, it's possible he's an elf or maybe even another human.

SpeedySwaf on
  • Options
    AkimboLegsAkimboLegs Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    savant

Out of the remaining 7 of us, he's my last guess for a bad guy.

No it isn't cause he's voting for me.

akimbolegs

AkimboLegs on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    SpeedySwaf wrote: »
    Eh, on the one hand he's had it pretty hard for Ryadic for what seemed to be the entire game, and he turned out to be a gnome.

On the other hand, since the adventurers aren't working together, it's possible he's an elf or maybe even another human.

Do we even know what's left? Do we know if or which of the main adventurer factions remain?

Savant on
  • Options
    ExarchExarch Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    ooOOOooOooo

So clooosse...

OooOOoooooo

Exarch on
    No gods or kings, only man.
    LoL: BunyipAristocrat
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I did a count, and assuming no death milling (who knows if that's a safe assumption) 7 humans and 7 gnomes are dead. I would guess they have the same faction sizes, so it's possible they are all dead and we're waiting on an elf, or maybe the blue voice.

However, I'm starting to think maybe the blue voice was tied to FWD. Either that or he doesn't care enough to announce anymore.

AkimboLegs on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I'm thinking maybe two elves are left, one might be the blue voice.

There is only 7 of us left, today might be the last night.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    If there are two elves, and no other adventurers, I doubt it, cause we had 4 kills last few nights, I'm assuming that's 1 from humans, 1 from gnomes, 1 from elves, and mob vote.

If we did eliminate the last of the humans and gnomes, that leaves mob vote and elves, so probably only hope to get one down.

AkimboLegs on
  • Options
    MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2008
    OoooOoooo

Oh screw you guys you stupid GNOMES

OooOoooooo

Medopine on
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    So there are seven of us left, and if we're lucky, only one elf/whatever adventurer.

Or we're being daft for assuming they've got even numbers and the real objective of the phalla was for the rival adventurer factions to wipe each other out for an instant win condition...

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    OoOoOoOoO

Son of a bitch... so close...

OoOoOoOoO

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TrustTrust Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Savant. I've been getting vibes from him since I was subbed in. I may be wrong, in which case, I am sorry. This is just a gut feeling based on no other information.

Trust on
    We Stand Ready
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I think I am going to !vote Savant too.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Alright, hold on a second. Do you have any reason to believe that I'm an adventurer? Other than feeling hinky? If so, what type of adventurer do you think I would be? We're getting down to the end, it would be nice if you have something to back up your bandwagon so we don't let the adventurers waltz right over us while we are pointing fingers at each other.

I'm suspicious of Akimbo for good reason. He accused orcs that were shown to be orcs that had previously died, and he accused edcrab who had been cleared by seering. Now that we've called it on him he's trying to pin it on me. And as for the accusing ryadic, if the numbers are right and both the gnomes and humans are dead then that doesn't mean much as he would be in a different group.

There are only a few of you that I'm suspicious of, but I'm not going to let you sit back and accuse me unfoundedly.

Savant on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    In particular, I'm suspicious of Trust, Akimbolegs, and Fembot. Sabs seems like an orc but I'm not sure. The first three haven't done anything to convince me of their innocence though.

I'm going to target !Trust for good measure.

Savant on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Do you mean Speedyswarf and not edcrab?

I am mainly just voting on hunches right now since there really isn't much to go on. Also I don't find the "Akimbo is a bad guy because he tried to vote out someone who was seered." appealing. Since if he was bad, while would he specifically target someone who can easily be cleared by looking through past pages which can then have the bandwagon backfire on him?

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Do you mean Speedyswarf and not edcrab?

I am mainly just voting on hunches right now since there really isn't much to go on. Also I don't find the "Akimbo is a bad guy because he tried to vote out someone who was seered." appealing. Since if he was bad, while would he specifically target someone who can easily be cleared by looking through past pages which can then have the bandwagon backfire on him?

I meant edcrab. Didn't unearthly or someone else in the network say that he was seered?

But really, what has akimbo done that makes him seem innocent other than accuse ryadic? I accused people who turned out to be adventurers too, but that doesn't seem to be absolving me of anything. And Fembot has been sitting back mostly uselessly as far back as I remember.

Edit: and as for the targeting thing, maybe he made a mistake? I mean, ryadic jumped onboard with his stupid accusations and ryadic was a badguy.

Savant on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I think I'm going to !vote AkimboLegs instead, because I don't think there's been anything exceptionally problematic with Savant's voting or actions (unless someone can prove me wrong).

SpeedySwaf on
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    May the (real) Morgoth only flay us alive briefly if it turns out !AkimboLegs is another one of our own.

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    FembotFembot Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Well, I've got no idea who to vote for. Again, wishing I had kept a spreadsheet for myself.

Fembot on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    You know, this is the reason that we haven't got leads though, right? Cause as soon as anyone puts forward any research and it happens to be wrong, they get labeled a bad guy, so no one is inclined to do work, cause it either gets them killed by the village or the mafia.

I don't really know what to tell you guys. Sabs kinda summed it up. If I was evil would I be dumb enough to make such glaring mistakes? If you think so, yeah, vote me out, but really, the only reason I didn't see the posts is cause I don't care enough to research THAT hard to try and find targets.

AkimboLegs on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    My suscipisions are fembot and savant, looking through post history both haven't seemed to do much except ride bandwagons and fool around.

Trust is hard to tell since he was subbed in and hasn't been around long.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    So, have you guys figured out the blue voice yet? I think I have and I'm guessing someone else has, but I don't want to let the cat out of the bag and tell the adventurers what's up with it unless we're ok with that.

Edit: heading home, you'll have to wait a little bit

Savant on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Well, I've survived through to the end (or the near-end!) on being an utterly nonessential peon in this phalla (though I've had fun watching). I had a vote manipulation item at the beginning, then an item-swap wand when that was taken from me, and now I've got a protection wand with which I target myself for fun when none of the vote contenders really stand out for me - like tonight.

!target fembot

Fembot on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I have a few hunches on the blue voice too. Tonight will give pretty good evidence one way or the other, but since the game could easily end tonight, it isn't quite so important.

AkimboLegs on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Alright, I guess I'll spill the beans on it.

The blue voice is dead, and was evilbob. Talking to the thread was probably the orc elder ability. Both him and FWD died on the same night and we lost all messages after that, and FWD was motivated to get the bandwagon off of him because he knew this. He probably had the millering item and said that he was on the adventurers' side in order to trap them, although we have no indication whether that worked or not.

So whoever's left is most likely part of one of the normal adventurer races.

Savant on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    So, I leave it to you guys: should I target anyone tonight?

SpeedySwaf on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    hey not me!

in fact, just in case you decide to

!target speedyswaf

don't worry, it doesn't hurt

Fembot on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Well, I guess I won't. At this point we really can't lose any more orcs.

And I think they're all more concerned about killing the other factions then orcs.

SpeedySwaf on
  • Options
    thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Night 12
    [FONT="Courier"]########
    #.$....#
    #?..|$.#
    #......##########
    #..[COLOR="Lime"]oo[/COLOR]@....?...$?+
    #.[COLOR="Lime"]o[COLOR="White"]@[/COLOR]oo[/COLOR].##########
    #......#
    #$-..._#
    ##+#####
    #..#
    #.##
    #.#
    #.#
    #<##########
    #.........>#
    ############
    [/FONT]

Dead
    Trust - Level 35 Elvish Tourist
    Savant - The Brotherhood of the Amulet of Yendor, Gnome
    Edcrab - Orc

[FONT="Courier"]########
    #.$....#
    #?..|$.#
    #......##########
    #..[COLOR="Lime"]o[/COLOR]......?...$?+
    #.[COLOR="Lime"]o[/COLOR].[COLOR="Lime"]oo[/COLOR].##########
    #......#
    #$-..._#
    ##+#####
    #..#
    #.##
    #.#
    #.#
    #<##########
    #.........>#
    ############
    [/FONT]

ORC VICTORY!

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
  • Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Can dead people post now?

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Well, good game. You caught me.

Savant on
  • Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Savant, you were so close.

Anyway, Gnomes came in second place. Go Gnomes!

Locus on
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Oh, is that it? Well... okay then.

I hope this spreadsheeting = death thing doesn't become a habit. I also hope that I can figure out what I'm doing wrong as a bad guy and eliminate my tells as much as possible.

MrBlarney on
    4463rwiq7r47.png