As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Final Fantasy Tactics A2: I fought the belts and the belts won.

1282930313234»

• Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    cytorak wrote: »
    How do Chocobo Knights work exactly? I made one last night, and I don't have a clue how to make him do anything besides basic attack.

Do you have a chocobo, yet?

Fight a chocobo, and weaken it to low health. Have the chocobo knight stand next to it, and you get an option to mount the chocobo. Once you do, you can then use that chocobo's attacks.

I weakened a chocobo to low health, and my CK never got an option to mount it. The chocobo was affected by Sleep; does that make a difference?

Once you mount a chocobo, do you only gain its abilities for that particular battle or do you have to catch a chocobo in every battle?

I'm not sure, but it being asleep may have been the problem.

You keep the chocobo for as long as you want to keep it. So you can go ahead and mount a red chocobo and keep it forever, if you want.

AshtonDragon on
  • Options
    Professor HydronProfessor Hydron Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    How do Chocobo Knights work exactly? I made one last night, and I don't have a clue how to make him do anything besides basic attack.

Do you have a chocobo, yet?

Fight a chocobo, and weaken it to low health. Have the chocobo knight stand next to it, and you get an option to mount the chocobo. Once you do, you can then use that chocobo's attacks.

I weakened a chocobo to low health, and my CK never got an option to mount it. The chocobo was affected by Sleep; does that make a difference?

Once you mount a chocobo, do you only gain its abilities for that particular battle or do you have to catch a chocobo in every battle?

It can't be under any status effect to Mount. Much like life.

Professor Hydron on
    3DS ~ 2664-2225-0872
    Nintendo Network: ProfHydron
    XBox Gamertag: ProfHydron
    Friend Safari: Fighting ~ Machoke, Pancham, Breloom add me and tag or msg me and I'll add you back
  • Options
    ZampanoZampano Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Chocobo Knights are so poorly designs that it boggles the mind. They have great speed and can use almost any bladed weapon in the game, but they don't have any native skills and they can't have a secondary skill if you want to be able to use them for what they are designed for. It's retarded. If they could set a secondary skill and still be able to Mount, they would be immensely kickass. I'd put one on a Red Chocobo and give him Animist skills and use him in every battle.

Zampano on
    BrawlSig.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Zampano wrote: »
    Chocobo Knights are so poorly designs that it boggles the mind. They have great speed and can use almost any bladed weapon in the game, but they don't have any native skills and they can't have a secondary skill if you want to be able to use them for what they are designed for. It's retarded. If they could set a secondary skill and still be able to Mount, they would be immensely kickass. I'd put one on a Red Chocobo and give him Animist skills and use him in every battle.

Against higher level enemies I'm starting to realize Red may not have been the wisest choice. It's doing like 100 damage, which is pitiful compared to the fact he could be running around giving buffs and MP with a White Chocobo. I may switch soon...

I still find them more useful than
    Al-Cid Margrace

Professor Hydron on
    3DS ~ 2664-2225-0872
    Friend Safari: Fighting ~ Machoke, Pancham, Breloom add me and tag or msg me and I'll add you back
  • Options
    ZampanoZampano Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    The Ranchers Requests missions are driving me insane. I'm up to the Green Chocobo. The Open Mouths battle in Zedlei has two of them, and the idiots threw themselves at my Bonecrushing Gria at Critical Heath instead of healing themselves.

Zampano on
    BrawlSig.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Zampano wrote: »
    The Ranchers Requests missions are driving me insane. I'm up to the Green Chocobo. The Open Mouths battle in Zedlei has two of them, and the idiots threw themselves at my Bonecrushing Gria at Critical Heath instead of healing themselves.

For that reason Reraise and an Arcanist's Graviga are your friends. Learning Roulette from Ahrimans was a pain unlike any I have experienced.

Professor Hydron on
    3DS ~ 2664-2225-0872
  • Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    do you have to do oanything special to catch the chocobos? i took that mission and couldn't find a single chocobo

mts on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Here's the locations of all the Chocobos, in case people are having trouble finding them:

Type of Chocobo: Mission Name, Location, (Requirements to Unlock Mission)

White Chocobo: A Bewitching Encounter, Rupie Mountains (Complete Pirate Problems)
    Yellow & Red: Of A Feather, Goug, (Save Game Clear Data, then Complete The Ritual)
    Green Chocobo: Open Wide, Zedlei Forest (Complete Rumors Abound)
    Black Chocobo: One-Eyed Evil, The Galerria Deep (Complete Mountain Watch)
    Brown Chocobo: Formidable Strength, Aldanna Range, (Complete A Request)

Note: All missions are repeatable, if they don't appear, come back next month to the same area.

Professor Hydron on
    3DS ~ 2664-2225-0872
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    mts wrote: »
    do you have to do oanything special to catch the chocobos? i took that mission and couldn't find a single chocobo

excuse the double post, but you have to get them into HP Critical range, and they can't be under ANY status effect (buffs don't count).

Professor Hydron on
    3DS ~ 2664-2225-0872
  • Options
    TrivialTrivial Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    How do I fully kill undead creatures? I get them down to 0HP and they turn into a tombstone before coming back (at full health, no less) and kicking my arse.

Trivial on
    - Triv
  • Options
    YesNoMuYesNoMu Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Archers, White Monks and Paladins have abilities that destroy undead and prevent them from coming back.

Barring that, try to get them all close together and double Maduin/Phoenix their asses. Eventually they'll all be dead together and you'll win.

YesNoMu on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    You can also use a Phoenix Down on the tombstone to destroy it permanently.
    I don't get it either, but it works.

Terrendos on
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    All undead take damage from "Cure" items and spells. Cure, Cura, Potions, Hi-Potions, Phoenix Downs, and I guess Raise too.

captaink on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Nu Mou/Bangaa of the Rupies, you just have to do both missions 3 times to get the Rivalry of the Rupies mission to appear, correct?

Professor Hydron on
    3DS ~ 2664-2225-0872
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Well, I've passed 100 hours and 250 missions. I just got Vaan, Penelo, and Frimelda, and unlocked Heritor for Adelle.

Haven't got a chance to use any of them yet. Penelo's dancer class seems to be focused on buffing. Vaan is a Sky Pirate, he can steal and stuff. Frimelda's just another Hume, and Heritor seems really cool. I like to story to it.

I'm really impressed by how good some of the side storylines are. There have been some really great ones so far.

captaink on
  • Options
    ZerokkuZerokku Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    To be honest, several of the side-stories were more interesting then the actual main plotline. *Cough* Duelhorn *cough*

Zerokku on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Duelhorn, Frimelda, the Viera singing group, the Bongaa Bugle. Good stuff.

captaink on
  • Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    hippofant wrote: »

Your mother's ill and needs a caretaker. Does that not sound like a job for a White Mage? NO? NO? WELL F- YOU TOO, A$%%#$!

Old post, I know, but I have this quest and I really need to know, who the hell do I have to send??

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SisterRaySisterRay Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Foefaller wrote: »
    hippofant wrote: »

Your mother's ill and needs a caretaker. Does that not sound like a job for a White Mage? NO? NO? WELL F- YOU TOO, A$%%#$!

Old post, I know, but I have this quest and I really need to know, who the hell do I have to send??

Try a Viera white mage.

SisterRay on
    360: SEN0R MachoSolo
    PSN: PalaceBrother
  • Options
    wusoldjrwusoldjr Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    I love this game, I played for 10 hours straight yesterday. I just passed 80 hours on this last night and I have Luso @ level 60, +-170 quests completed.

I'm having a bitch of a time acquiring new guns and bows to MASTER my ranged classes. By far my favorite classes. I love Charming, Disabling and Stopping everything I can reach. It's almost like playing god.

wusoldjr on
  • Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    wusoldjr wrote: »
    I love this game, I played for 10 hours straight yesterday. I just passed 80 hours on this last night and I have Luso @ level 60, +-170 quests completed.

I'm having a bitch of a time acquiring new guns and bows to MASTER my ranged classes. By far my favorite classes. I love Charming, Disabling and Stopping everything I can reach. It's almost like playing god.

Have you tried having a few green mages in the group as well, spamming Tranq so you have an additional 30% chance of doing all those debuffs?

pretty much how I got thru the 2nd Brightmoon tor, a hasted, tranq Assassian/Sniper and Spellblade/Elementalist, insta KO-ing, dooming, sleeping, and disabling everyone within reach.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Other than the well quest and the moogle training, are there any others that should be done repeatedly?

jothki on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Are you supposed to fill out the entire quest grid if you do all the sidequests? I still have a bunch of holes, and I figure I'm pretty close to done (something like 270 quests completed).

I need to do the second brightmoon tor, the first wasn't so bad.

Also a doublecasting summoner (blood price) rocks the shit out of tourney battles. They're alway set up so you can hit 5 guys at once in the beginning.

captaink on
  • Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Some quests are only available on certain days after you have met the prerequisites for them, so you might need to kill time to get to the appropriate day for the quest.

Darian on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Darian wrote: »
    Some quests are only available on certain days after you have met the prerequisites for them, so you might need to kill time to get to the appropriate day for the quest.

How certain? I've got all the Tournaments done now, which are only available a certain month in certain cities.

I just need a checklist I think.

captaink on
  • Options
    ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    My copy arrived yesterday.

I didn't know jobs need to be unlocked now. I hope it doesn't take long to get Paladin and Blue Mage.

Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Whoa necro-thread!

I still have this! One day I'll return to it.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    Is it a good idead to restart the game on hard? I'm rusty from the little time I spent on FFTA.

XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    edited February 2014
    There's an active Final Fantasy-thread. http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/183683/vanish-doom-has-come-to-the-final-fantasy-thread

This game isn't notably difficult. You'd manage Hard, I'd imagine.

PLA on