As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Snow Crash [Phalla] - Game Over: Final Narration page 165

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2008
    Nerissa wrote: »
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    And a big part of the reason I'm no longer doing it, just hoping to rely on other people who do. ;-)

You only say that you're not longer doing it...

Well, there is that... you really have no reason to trust anything I say. However, if I am, then I'm an asset to the good guys, right? So, why would you want to point out something that is likely to get me killed?

Hmm... I think Dyna is out to get me killed... I wonder why that would be...

Because I want you to be able to spend more time with your family.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    NerissaNerissa Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    mtvcdm wrote: »
    What's to keep one player from handing their spreadsheet off to another prior to their death?

Well, assuming that they know they're going to die, they'd still have to trust that the other person is on the same side as them.

If I were keeping a spreadsheet, I wouldn't be handing it off to someone who might be a bad guy, because they now have all of my accumulated data and potentially guesses / ideas or whatever notes I would have kept. I'd have to be damned sure the person I was giving it to wouldn't use it against the good guys.

Also, in the case that I didn't actually die, they would know I was keeping a spreadsheet and whether or not I was dangerous based on whether my guesses were anywhere close to them, which is a distinct advantage to the bad guys.

Nerissa on
  • Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    mtvcdm wrote: »
    What's to keep one player from handing their spreadsheet off to another prior to their death?

Nothing?

Sometimes people even just post a link to them publically, for all to see!

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    And a big part of the reason I'm no longer doing it, just hoping to rely on other people who do. ;-)

Well, there is that... you really have no reason to trust anything I say. However, if I am, then I'm an asset to the good guys, right? So, why would you want to point out something that is likely to get me killed?

See? Dyna just cares so much, Nerissa.

It doesn't matter that your husband is playing too... in fact, Dyna's probably just looking out for the Munchkin and the other one. (One? Are there only two?)

LaOs on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2008
    LaOs wrote: »

It doesn't matter that your husband is playing too... in fact, Dyna's probably just looking out for the Munchkin and the other one. (One? Are there only two?)

Ha, I didn't catch that. Cool. Also, she has two kids.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited June 2008

The other one's at her dad's at the moment anyway. :P

I'm so gratified to know that my family life is so high on Dyna's priorities that he's going out of his way to decrease the number of distractions that are keeping me from spending time with them.

Nerissa on
  • Options
    precisionkprecisionk Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

I'm so gratified to know that my family life is so high on Dyna's priorities that he's going out of his way to decrease the number of distractions that are keeping me from spending time with them.

Comb your mustache.

MAN

precisionk on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I didn't realize Nerissa had a child from a previous marriage.

Dossier updated!

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

Dossier updated!

<3

I'd totally pay to read your notes. Not much, but I'd pay with Euros or something.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2008

Dyna Caresâ„¢

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Malkor wrote: »

Dossier updated!

<3

I'd totally pay to read your notes. Not much, but I'd pay with Euros or something.

I don't actually write any of this stuff down.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Malkor wrote: »

Dossier updated!

<3

I don't actually write any of this stuff down.

Well you get no Europe Bucks for the oral tradition sir.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I will stay in the multraverse for now

Also I don't know what to do with BL

What do you do with that, seriously

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    edited June 2008

Dossier updated!

The other one is my husband's sister, so she's not from a previous relationship, she was inherited... and I thought you knew that. :P

Nerissa on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Nerissa is your husband playing in this one?

or is that just a fevered dream that I made up

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I just realized I know nothing about Nerissa's family situation.

It's very strange.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited June 2008

Dossier updated!

The other one is my husband's sister, so she's not from a previous relationship, she was inherited... and I thought you knew that. :P

Ooh, I didn't know that at all. Cool.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited June 2008

He is... unless he decides it is too much work and gives up his slot to one of the reserves. He was a bit daunted when he came home from work this afternoon and I told him the game thread was up to (at the time) 140 posts.

And VH, you need to spend more time in [chat] :P

Nerissa on
  • Options
    edited June 2008

Dossier updated!

He's just trying to trick you into saying something incriminating so he can start a bandwaggon on you.

For the children.

LaOs on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

He is... unless he decides it is too much work and gives up his slot to one of the reserves. He was a bit daunted when he came home from work this afternoon and I told him the game thread was up to (at the time) 140 posts.

Man, I spend all kinds of time in [chat]. You need to be online more often at 2 am in the morning!

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    heh, lucky I'm up late all the time or I'd never get to talk to the west coasters and europeans

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    SpeedySwafSpeedySwaf Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I'm back, and will also be staying in the Multiverse. I hear some people are trying to recreate a four-dimensional house on the other side of the metaverse.

SpeedySwaf on
  • Options
    edited June 2008

Man, I spend all kinds of time in [chat]. You need to be online more often at 2 am in the morning!
    See, that would require a nap after dinner or something, which would conflict with this whole spending time with my family thing that Dyna is so concerned about.

Nerissa on
  • Options
    edited June 2008

See, that would require a nap after dinner or something, which would conflict with this whole spending time with my family thing that Dyna is so concerned about.

I would just tell your children to find a job and help bring in income. That way you have plenty of time and money to spend.

precisionk on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    precisionk wrote: »

I would just tell your children to find a job and help bring in income. That way you have plenty of time and money to spend.
    Win/Win!!

LaOs on
  • Options
    Jason ToddJason Todd Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I read that as "sell your children"

Both plans are good

Jason Todd on
    filefile.jpg
  • Options
    B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I will stay in the multraverse for now

Also I don't know what to do with BL

What do you do with that, seriously

Dear Eddy,

Ask not what you can do for me.

Ask what you can do for your country.

My contribution to the cause is this great new emoticon.

cubagoodingjrww8.gif

Use it wisely.

- Cuba Gooding, Jr.

p.s.- !Malkor seems like he wouldn't fit in "A Few Good Men".

B:L on
    10mvrci.png click for Anime chat
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Red Bird wrote: »
    I read that as "sell your children"

Both plans are good

I am against unions and pro child labor.

Worked for the Egyptians!

precisionk on
  • Options
    DaedalusDaedalus Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Geez, eight pages already? I will be IRL this turn, and may or may not get around to voting later.

Daedalus on
  • Options
    tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    It would probably be best/safest to have host-subsidized spreadsheets, if they didn't mind having to keep a separate public one.

(I'd mind.)

tuxkamen on

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    tuxkamen wrote: »
    It would probably be best/safest to have host-subsidized spreadsheets, if they didn't mind having to keep a separate public one.

(I'd mind.)

Howso?

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited June 2008

(I'd mind.)

Yeah, that'd be pretty convenient.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I want to make sure everybody reads the OP fully. Keep in mind that each of you has a one-time ability.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

(I'd mind.)

Howso?

It's safest for the players if the host is the one publicly tracking votes. It removes the stigma of being 'the guy with the spreadsheets' if you're a villager and the 'why is the guy with the spreadsheets still alive?' witch-hunt if you're not.

tuxkamen on

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • Options
    LignisseLignisse Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Hmm, here's a simple idea. Ignoring the currently running Phalla (because that's a mess if we start discussing it while it runs), who's the last known person to have killed or started a bandwagon on a spreadsheeter? Let's bandwagon them day 1.

Lignisse on
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008

(I'd mind.)

Howso?

It's safest for the players if the host is the one publicly tracking votes. It removes the stigma of being 'the guy with the spreadsheets' if you're a villager and the 'why is the guy with the spreadsheets still alive?' witch-hunt if you're not.

It may lead to the host being killed off night one, though.

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    narvinyenarvinye Registered User regular
    edited June 2008

Dossier updated!

I'm positive the munchkin would be gratified to know she's the equivalent of furniture passed down through the generations...

Hello all!! I don't know much of anything about you guys, other than precisionk is an evil bastard. Sounds like a good place to start.

Dunno about that B:L fella either. Anyone who has a Mr. Gooding fetish may not be evil, but is so deranged as to make the difference moot.

And given the deranged-ness hiding about, I'm thinking crowd trolling is a great idea (works for Caribou), so I'll hang out without my goggles In Real Life.

narvinye on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Some of you are confused as to what your role means.

If you did not receive a PM specifically telling you that you are a bad guy, you have the same win conditions as the good guys.

Basically, if you are unsure as to whether you're good or bad, then you're good.
    :P

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Lignisse wrote: »
    Hmm, here's a simple idea. Ignoring the currently running Phalla (because that's a mess if we start discussing it while it runs), who's the last known person to have killed or started a bandwagon on a spreadsheeter? Let's bandwagon them day 1.

I support this idea. Anyone know who that was?

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    narvinye wrote: »

Dossier updated!

I'm positive the munchkin would be gratified to know she's the equivalent of furniture passed down through the generations...

Hello all!! I don't know much of anything about you guys, other than precisionk is an evil bastard. Sounds like a good place to start.

Dunno about that B:L fella either. Anyone who has a Mr. Gooding fetish may not be evil, but is so deranged as to make the difference moot.

And given the deranged-ness hiding about, I'm thinking crowd trolling is a great idea (works for Caribou), so I'll hang out without my goggles In Real Life.

You are my favorite player.

Frosteey on