As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

your forumer habits (like helping Janson with ego searches :3)

fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell#BLMRegistered User regular
edited June 2008 in Social Entropy++
i like checking the infractions log and ban threads because they provide a good source of amusement and schadenfreude. sometimes i'll see a particularly nasty burn from a mod and then check out the infracted person's posting history, just to see how deep the rabbit hole goes.

a lot of times this ends up being a goldmine that eats up hour after hour of laughs.

also, when i see a forumer who's got an interesting avatar or sig pic, i'll look at the picture source and then poke around the root directory (if i can) for other interesting images. i find myself right-clicking/save-asing more often than not.

i also like usually saving the best for last when i'm reading posts. i'll go from the top (Gee and Tee) to the last (SE++) cause i like eating my dessert at the end (lol G+T sucks). the Awesome Posts subforum has thrown off my whole scheme tho.

what are your weird forumer habits?

ffNewSig.png
steam | Dokkan: 868846562
fightinfilipino on

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2008
    I ego search not just out of paranoia, but also to see if someone addressed something to me while I was offline.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    CampionCampion Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Sometimes I just lurk all day. Creeping, staring.

Campion on
    4484-7718-8470
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2008
    I just wade right in and lay down the law.

That's just how I do.

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I used to hum to myself as I was going about my day

I'd also mentally count things

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    ChicoBlueChicoBlue Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Sometimes I'll just sit there, rubbing my nipples while I read through threads, all the while thinking, "I wonder what Campion is wearing right now..."

ChicoBlue on
  • Options
    Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    oh, "forumer," not "former"

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    Cold Salmon and HatredCold Salmon and Hatred __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2008
    I SOMETIMES LIKE TYPING IN ALL CAPS

Cold Salmon and Hatred on
  • Options
    Auntie ShibbyAuntie Shibby Horrible Visalia, CARegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2008
    When I log on I look into SE, then H/A and finally into G&T. I go back to SE and see if there's a thread that is relevant to me in some way. If it's not, I leave it alone, if it is I rape the shit out out of it.

Auntie Shibby on
    clowninthewoods.png
  • Options
    ZonkytonkmanZonkytonkman Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    sometimes i can't even tell if i'm trolling anymore

i slip into bullshit and out of serious opinions, then back in again so quickly sometimes.

if you read my posting history, and took it at face value, you would assume that i am an enormous asshole with some fucked up worldviews.

Zonkytonkman on
  • Options
    babyeatingjesusbabyeatingjesus Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I go straight to SE. If there aren't any threads I think I can contribute to I log off and find something else to do.

The other forums don't interest me, and the strictness of the rules there scares me a little.

I've been jailed for SE-esque antics in D&D and G&T. Never again.

babyeatingjesus on
    hitthatcheeseburgerfatty.gif
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2008
    Sometimes if I see that the last post in a thread was made by someone that hates me I'll post right after them to remind them that I'm still around and will never ever leave.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited June 2008

i slip into bullshit and out of serious opinions, then back in again so quickly sometimes.

if you read my posting history, and took it at face value, you would assume that i am an enormous asshole with some fucked up worldviews.
    uh

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    TenTen Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Lately I only browse SE++, I don't have time for the other forums, plus I've been trying to post and participate more here because you guys are rad

The actual time I get to read varies based on how busy work is and whether I'm doing anything else interesting in the evenings though, I'm passed the point in my life where I can spend my whole day in front of the computer so I end up missing a lot of cool shit that goes down

Plus, timezone differences don't help

Ten on
  • Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008

i honestly just assume this of everyone here.

except for Campion. no one who draws like that can be an asshole.

fightinfilipino on
    ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited June 2008
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    SoupSoup Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I lurk and then post in a thread that interests me

or just lurk because I can't think of anything to say

Soup on
  • Options
    edited June 2008

uh

I DONT LIKE WHAT YOU ARE IMPLYING MR

Zonkytonkman on
  • Options
    edited June 2008

uh

I uh hmmmmm

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited June 2008

uh

I uh hmmmmm

man i'm pretty alright

Zonkytonkman on
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    my worst foruming habit is all the posting

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    edited June 2008

uh

I uh hmmmmm

man i'm pretty alright
    being pretty has nothing to do with it

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    gazamcgazamc Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I have been half assed lurkposting for 5 years. Only in SE++

Occasionally check MMO forums when I play them.

gazamc on
  • Options
    babyeatingjesusbabyeatingjesus Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    My worst forumer habit is finding out about shit I want to participate in after it's already rolling.

babyeatingjesus on
    hitthatcheeseburgerfatty.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2008

uh

I uh hmmmmm

man i'm pretty alright

you think i'm pretty?

d'aww

Zonkytonkman on
  • Options
    edited June 2008

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    MikeRyuMikeRyu Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I picture every single forumer writing their replies dressed in bunny girl outfits.

MikeRyu on
    Ranmasig5.png
  • Options
    KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I check the awesome posts forums quite a bit. I think I've only come across like one or two threads that I thought were actually awesome. Everything else turns out to be shit.

I think I like the shitty threads better than the awesome ones. I don't like to laugh at people, but it's such a guilty pleasure to laugh at dorks on the internet.

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I tend to read AC a few times a day, and check H/A when shit is slow here

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    edited June 2008

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    GravesGraves Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Sometimes I am clever, and I lie in wait like a hunter, ready to strike with a witty post.

Sometimes I just POASTPOASTPOAST

Graves on
  • Options
    edited June 2008

uh

I uh hmmmmm

man i'm pretty alright

you think i'm pretty?

d'aww
    you're alright

Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    BelruelBelruel NARUTO FUCKS Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    so, yea, my homepage is se++. forumer habit, hmm, well, sometimes i go read H&A then laugh, and become absolutely flabbergasted at how stupid so many people are. then i feel bad because they are probably trying their best and are just kind of silly.

then i rub my nipples and wonder what chicoblue is wearing

Belruel on
    vmn6rftb232b.png
  • Options
    FAQFAQ Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    sometimes I'd jerk off before posting and not wash my hands, and delight as people read my filthy posts

FAQ on
  • Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I love to use italics and I like someone a little less when I find out that they actively ego search.

RedTide on
    RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I pretty much read just SE. Most of my forumming happens while I'm working, so when I run out of threads to read, I've got webcomics.

Mysst on
    ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    Cold Salmon and HatredCold Salmon and Hatred __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2008
    honestly I don't venture much on the Internet outside of the PA forums

the PA forums pretty much eat all of my internet time

Cold Salmon and Hatred on
  • Options
    SoupSoup Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    My worst forumer habit is finding out about shit I want to participate in after it's already rolling.

I hate that

or seeing something in a thread that you want to talk about but realizing that this is like 5 pages old and that nobody is talking about it anymore

Soup on
  • Options
    CriticalCritical Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Belruel wrote: »
    so, yea, my homepage is se++. forumer habit, hmm, well, sometimes i go read H&A then laugh, and become absolutely flabbergasted at how stupid so many people are. then i feel bad because they are probably trying their best and are just kind of silly.

then i rub my nipples and wonder what chicoblue is wearing

He's mine, you drone whore.

Actually, I've stopped rubbing my nipples. They chafe easily.

Critical on
    edesig.jpg
  • Options
    JaninJanin Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Sometimes I like to make a post that is completely opposite my actual views on a subject, just to see what will happen. Starting to think this is a bad idea, though, because no matter how dumb I make them somebody replies earnestly.

I also like to browse the AC, get all pumped up to learn drawing, break out the paper, sketch some stuff and then remember why I don't actually draw. The same thing happens every time Chicoblue posts one of his comics.

Janin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2008

uh

I uh hmmmmm

man i'm pretty alright

you think i'm pretty?

d'aww
    you're alright

actually, i'd be really interested if you actually thought i was an asshole. You seem alright, so i'd at least give your opinion some merit.

Zonkytonkman on