As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Proms, Formals, other faux-classy school functions

13»

• Options
    SkylineCollapseSkylineCollapse Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    ASimPerson wrote: »
    Shorty wrote: »
    whippy has a park ave

the vent on the passenger side spews a constant fount of searingly hot air

Yeah, it still has that good old American quality.

In mine, once you hit about 65-70 MPH the steering column would start to vibrate. Somewhat disconcerting. Also, the suspension was probably shot, which enhanced its boat-like qualities.

I was still sad to hear my parents got rid of it like 8 months ago, though.

i have a 73 catalina with these exact mannerisms. it's like riding on a cloud.

SkylineCollapse on
    princess peach is a cockteasing bitch
  • Options
    stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    CptKemzik wrote: »
    but aside from that prom is an overrated high school thing imo. Although i'd probably regret missing out on it more, rather than going to it and finding out it's meh.

Yeah pretty much this. My formal was pretty "meh". The venue was great, right on the Harbour, under the Bridge (for those in Sydney who know where Luna Park is), but the food was average, the music below-average, and the vote for the "prettiest" dress at the end even worse. It was rigged so that some bitch won it, even though her dress was nothing great... Just because the dude counting the votes had a thing for her. Fucking high-schoolers.

We voted a dude our formal Queen. It was awesome. We actually got like 70% of the vote, but they gave him 'runner-up' instead, fuck that, if we want to vote a dude as formal Queen, we can.
    Also I remember falling on my back and leaping up in a drunken haze many times during the after party, which was at a venue I can't say I fancy all that much. Also I was underage and they didn't want to serve anyone under 18 drinks understandably, but that was fine. I got pissed anyway.

stimtokolos on
  • Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Well, that was fun. Pretty standard formal, really. The DJ could have been less shitty, but isn't that always how it goes?

The most notable thing was the Formal King voting, which was decided from a narrow margin of 512 votes to 498. I should point out that there are only 250 people in our year level and they were the only people who could vote.

I'm sorta impressed by rigging of that calibre.

YaYa on
  • Options
    NerindilNerindil Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    My senior prom's theme was Candy Land.

Candy Land.

My friends and I really enjoyed our D&D game, that night.

Nerindil on
  • Options
    stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    No after party YaYa?
    :<
    Don't worry I made an arse of myself there and it was terribly awesome, Star Bar is kind of shit though, don't go there

stimtokolos on
  • Options
    GravesGraves Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Bus ride after junior prom:
    n631812519_434392_8797.jpg

After party (look at the eyebrows on this bitch)
    n1221307081_6511_8561.jpg

Graves on
  • Options
    CrackedLensCrackedLens Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Graves

is EyebrowGirl's head detaching from her body?

CrackedLens on
    XBoxLive Gamertag: ZombieKyle Secret Satan Wishlist
  • Options
    GravesGraves Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    LOL it's floating away.

I don't even know who she is but she brought us drinks and loaves of bread.

Graves on
  • Options
    OmegaTofuNinjaOmegaTofuNinja Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Here's how my senior prom went

I got there with my girlfriend at the time, looking forward to hanging out with my friends, generally trying to have a good time. The girlfriend seemed to have a different idea.

So we get there, claim a table so we can all hang out and chill whenever we're not walking around or whatever. It's just us, and eventually I stand up and tell her I'm gonna go try to find some people.

She starts crying

Apparently she thought that me going to find some of my good friends meant I was completely ditching her and didn't love her and all of this other shit. So I did what seemed right in my mind, and ditched her for most of the night. I'd stop by every now and then to make sure she didn't kill herself, but for the most part I was everywhere but that table

OmegaTofuNinja on
    Facebook Wii: 7912 0299 8667 6601 I tweet sometimes Poetry?!
  • Options
    Riggs BlitzkriegRiggs Blitzkrieg Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I never went to prom. My girlfriend didn't feel like going and neither did I.

the only thing I feel like I missed out on is dressing up and getting to see her all dressed up.

The locations that they were held at were pretty shitty places to begin with. Mostly what it sounded it like from other people were just all the kids at school either sitting down at tables or everyone dancing in the middle like retards, crumping and shit.

Riggs Blitzkrieg on
  • Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I worked on prom night. I had a girlfriend at the time and neither of us wanted to go, so I worked and then went over to her place after my shift.

Weaver on
  • Options
    BedigumxBedigumx Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    My older sister didn't goto any formal dances and when I got to high school she told me I'd regret not going.

I do agree that most of the dances were pretty meh, but I'm glad I actually did go.

Plus I got nominated and won homecoming king at another school. So that was pretty fun.

Bedigumx on
  • Options
    GoldenSeducerGoldenSeducer AAAAAUGH!! Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    We had a frickin' theme song for our prom. I think it was "I'll Be Your Number One Fan," or whatever song has the lyrics "IIIIII'll be your cryin' shoooooooouldeeeeeer."

That was the first and last song they played at my prom. My date and I danced to the first one, then we decided to just sit outside and let the rest of the people dance around and cry after their dates ditched them for other people.

GoldenSeducer on