Options

PAX House Party and BBQ.

Eville1Eville1 Registered User regular
edited July 2008 in PAX Archive
One of the three days I plan on having a BBQ/House Party. A few things though;

1.) I don't know a single one of you. This is ok as long as anyone coming doesn't feel like stealing or trashing my crib.
2.) I'm not about to feed any lazy asses or get you drunk. I will have some food and drink but bring a contribution.
3.) I live very close to the convention center (A ten minute bus ride.) So a suggestion on time and date would be welcome.
4.) If hanging out during good weather in a nice place with cool people and good food sounds like fun I'd like to get some sort of head count.

Oh, so people don't suffer..I have a pc and a 360. That's it :).

Anyone interested?

Eville1 on

• Options
    BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Where are you located?

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Right next to Woodland Park Zoo and Aurora. Phinney Ridge area. Two bus routes within a two minute walk that go straight downtown.

Eville1 on
  • Options
    MisteriosoMisterioso Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    What day are you thinking of doing this?

Misterioso on
    Listen. And understand. That Misterioso is out there. He can't be bargained with. He can't be reasoned with. He doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And he absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are dead..drunk.
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    I was thinking of taking the Friday off (first day.) And either do it in the AM before PAX opens or in the evening after the first day is over. Or Sunday. Saturday I want to spend the entire time at PAX myself. As a bonus there are a lot of bars within walking distance for a pub crawl. :D

Eville1 on
  • Options
    ElectricTurtleElectricTurtle Seeress WARegistered User regular
    edited June 2008
    Friday night partay would be awesome, and I would be up to go. Friday AM might conflict with some of the other community breakfast events. Sunday would conflict with other 'end of PAX events'.

If a BBQ is indeed happening, I think my wife and I may be persuaded to bring something from Stewart's Meats in McKenna. I don't know of any better steaks. And if anybody saw the suitcase of booze I brought to Sealab last year, well... maybe not quite so much this year but you can bet I'll bring a fair amount.

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
  • Options
    Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited June 2008
    Eville1 wrote: »
    I was thinking of taking the Friday off (first day.) And either do it in the AM before PAX opens or in the evening after the first day is over. Or Sunday. Saturday I want to spend the entire time at PAX myself. As a bonus there are a lot of bars within walking distance for a pub crawl. :D

There's already a planned pub crawl
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=48597

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• Options
    edited June 2008
    Alright, I was leaning that way anyway. Friday night then. It's super easy to get to my place from the convention center by bus or cab. A cab from downtown would cost around six bucks, the bus around 2.50. Also, list any food allergies if you're coming. I don't want to kill you. With food. Yet.

Eville1 on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Moe Fwacky wrote: »
    Eville1 wrote: »

There's already a planned pub crawl
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?t=48597

With thousands of folks attending I'm sure they can do one or the other. :) I was just noting that if anyone came over and got bored they could walk up the street and play free pool while drinking their weight in Jaeger.

Eville1 on
  • Options
    MaoChanMaoChan Registered User regular
    edited June 2008
    I know my friends and I would probably be down for some house partying or at least as a meeting point to go pubbing.

MaoChan on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    At the very least you can look at it this way, For the price of a six pack you can get smashed and eat good food. Or you can buy two beers at each pub you go to and spend eleventybillion times the money. :) Every major neighborhood north of the Ballard Locks is ten minutes walk from my house.

And I grill a mean steak!

Eville1 on
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Eville1: It would be wise to make it a clear point of policy that nobody should go around PAX with a big sign with your address on it...

It's happened before. Ruined last year's Sealab.

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
  • Options
    edited June 2008
    Uh, well, yeah. If you're coming let me know. I'll send you the addy, also let me know if you're bringing some folks. I'll figure out a quicker way to communicate. Let's not start writing the address on bathroom walls or handing it out like someone elses phone number at a speed dating seminar.

Eville1 on
  • Options
    Dionysos911Dionysos911 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I like the sound of this, I actually live in Ballard!

Dionysos911 on
  • Options
    Grooveman23Grooveman23 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Is this a 21+ thing, because if it is, then I can't show up. Otherwise I might be able to go. But chances are I will be stuck at PAX, doing PAX stuff.

Grooveman23 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    All hail the Hypno-Spode!
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Well, I wouldn't be opposed to letting under age people in but I'm not going to ask for ID. Can anyone under age be mature enough not to drink?

Not to be the bad guy but..can ya? :)

Eville1 on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Not to be a dick, but expecting minors not to drink at a house party without age controls is, well, naive.

I sure did when I was under 21. So by not at least making an attempt to monitor age, you'll be open to a lot more liability. It might indeed make you a cool guy, and I think the drinking age in the US is absurdly high, but I myself would never do it simply because of the liability.

ElectricTurtle on
    yfrxgugaj8wu.png
  • Options
    delwyndelwyn Melbourne, AURegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Sounds great Eville1 - as an Aussie, I'm always up for a good BBQ :D

Del.

delwyn on
    find / -name base -user you -exec chown -R us {} \;
    vgjxaRK.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Alright, well, sad to say the idea of a party at my place has been nixed. It sounded great and I was all set to do it..And then some people decided they had to come visit my room mate and someone else decided a hole in the side of my house would look cool. Sadly this means I cannot host a party. I would however not be opposed to pub crawling with anyone of a like mind. Downtown or otherwise. I know the area well and most of the bartenders for free drinks :D

Eville1 on
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Wait... a hole in the side of your house?

Houn on
  • Options
    MaoChanMaoChan Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    You really need to check more carefully who you let through your door if holes in the wall just happen.

MaoChan on
  • Options
    magiicmagiic Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    that sucks man, sorry to hear

magiic on
  • Options
    Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Houn wrote: »
    Wait... a hole in the side of your house?

Looks good man.

Atlus Parker on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    MaoChan wrote: »
    You really need to check more carefully who you let through your door if holes in the wall just happen.

That's the thing of it. I didn't let them in through the front soo...

No, ok, not really. With one room mate hosting visitors and another just moving in it looks like a bit of furniture smashed into an area that was already drilled for cable. It widened it by several margins.

Ah well. Pub crawl sounds better. More drinking, less watching over my own stuff :p

Eville1 on
This discussion has been closed.