As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

LICK MY GALLENTE TAINT

• Options
    Burden of ProofBurden of Proof You three boys picked a beautiful hill to die on. Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    how the hell do i pull my fleet out of quasar when i'm not at a "postive" faction standing? there's absolutely no way to get past all those checkpoints and i should mention that i've pretty much bought every starkiller i could get my hands on. all this clan bullshit in ruining my experience

Burden of Proof on
  • Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Druhim wrote: »
    hm...I can't quite fit 5 heavy launchers on my caracal using the standard goonfleet south ratting setup because I don't have the cpu to bring the 5th launcher online
    I have engineering and electronics both at level 5
    I'm not sure what skill I need to increase to give me the extra cpu for that fifth launcher
    like, which skill would get me there fastest..I just don't know
    Weapon Upgrades reduces the CPU need of turrets and launchers. Otherwise upgrade to named launchers like a Malkuth or Limos.

Malkuth's have really, really low cpu use for launchers, like 20% less in some cases. On certain ships (like stealth bombers) they are basically a requirement
    how the hell do i pull my fleet out of quasar when i'm not at a "postive" faction standing? there's absolutely no way to get past all those checkpoints and i should mention that i've pretty much bought every starkiller i could get my hands on. all this clan bullshit in ruining my experience

look at funny and edgy this man is. If we could only be half the man he is we'd already rule the galaxy

ronzo on
  • Options
    sdrawkcaB emaNsdrawkcaB emaN regular
    edited July 2008
    As Amarr, my CPU is perfectly fine but as always my grid is too small and my cap disappears faster than my baby daddy.

I'm looking to fit focused medium beam lasers in place of heavy pulse so I can fit all five turret points. Might throw some energy-related rig on there and grab some heavier turrets as possible.

Also gonna need cap rechargers and the like -- with a small armor repairer running only after losing 25% armor my cap drains to nearly nothing by the end of a fight. I haven't really optimized my range though, so that's a factor both in how much damage I'm taking and firing early and wasting cap.

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    Mr. Henry BemisMr. Henry Bemis God is love Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    As Amarr, my CPU is perfectly fine but as always my grid is too small and my cap disappears faster than my baby daddy.

I'm looking to fit focused medium beam lasers in place of heavy pulse so I can fit all five turret points. Might throw some energy-related rig on there and grab some heavier turrets as possible.

Also gonna need cap rechargers and the like -- with a small armor repairer running only after losing 25% armor my cap drains to nearly nothing by the end of a fight. I haven't really optimized my range though, so that's a factor both in how much damage I'm taking and firing early and wasting cap.
    you know about reactor control units and power diagnostic systems yes

Mr. Henry Bemis on
    Nothing is true; Everything is permitted
  • Options
    edited July 2008

you know about reactor control units and power diagnostic systems yes

see above

but even with +grid rigs, the omen still suffers from mediocre grid

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Starting Defense Place at the tableRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    do you have a MWD equipped? They nerf the shit out of your batteries and a lot of people don't notice the penalty at first.

JohnnyCache on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    do you have a MWD equipped? They nerf the shit out of your batteries and a lot of people don't notice the penalty at first.

haha, no

It would take me at least a week to train skills for MWDs

I have a T1 10MN AB

nothin fancy but it gets the job done

also I am pretty peeved that some dude ganked me the other day

set me back about 1.5 mil after insurance and re-fitting

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Starting Defense Place at the tableRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Dude, you really are gonny feel silly one day.

Try not to get any more attacked to your ship than you would to say, a spawn in CoD4

cultivate this detachment.

JohnnyCache on
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

Try not to get any more attacked to your ship than you would to say, a spawn in CoD4

this broke my brain

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai SSSSSSSSSSS Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Speaking of CoD 4.

Nikolai on
    xXNXOA7.png?1
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] regular
    edited July 2008
    The user and all related content has been deleted.

[Deleted User] on
  • Options
    edited July 2008

yeah I know but I am kind of broke right now and it took me a while to get this cruiser

plus you put so much effort into fitting the dang things just to get ganked and it is like shucks

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Man, I've had this one battleship for the better part of 18 months now

Avoiding gankage is easy.

With that said I'm a huge pussy and I take all kinds of precautions

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Zzulu wrote: »

also you have a battleship

Not that you can't get ganked in one but there are lots of battleships roaming about and (as far as I know) cap ships don't leave dock that often, so you're going to be on par with anything else out there.

Whereas I, in a cruiser, can get blown the fuck up fairly easily by dudes in battleships, especially if they're fitting T2 gear

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    DaricDaric Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Man this is great.

5 of us are sitting here mining in E-P with a 6th as our fc because he gives mining bonuses and I'm sitting in my recliner watching Hellboy and god it is a good day.

Daric on
    cc61181c22f23454a304a4f1f0867845044.gif
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2008

yeah I know but I am kind of broke right now and it took me a while to get this cruiser

plus you put so much effort into fitting the dang things just to get ganked and it is like shucks
    Never fly something that you can't afford to lose

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2008

well adur

I can afford to lose this cruiser

doesn't mean I enjoy it

edit: it's more about the lost effort than lost cash

just the basic act of buying gear and jumping to gather it and fitting it in different combinations and all that

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    edited July 2008

well adur

I can afford to lose this cruiser

doesn't mean I enjoy it

edit: it's more about the lost effort than lost cash

just the basic act of buying gear and jumping to gather it and fitting it in different combinations and all that
    once you figure out a fitting that works for a given ship it will become second nature refitting it when you need to replace it
    unfortunately I haven't played for so long that I'm back at that point where it is a pain in the ass looking up the equipment and trying to remember what category power diagnostic systems are listed under :P

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2008

Not that you can't get ganked in one but there are lots of battleships roaming about and (as far as I know) cap ships don't leave dock that often, so you're going to be on par with anything else out there.

Whereas I, in a cruiser, can get blown the fuck up fairly easily by dudes in battleships, especially if they're fitting T2 gear

warp core stabilizer=lol

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    PiptheFair wrote: »

warp core stabilizer=lol

Those help keep you from getting tackled, right?

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    so last night I was bitching to volyu and teefs about how I seem to have the worst luck with coming across hostiles
    they both said they rarely encounter hostiles but I seem to end up with them in system all too frequently
    last night I needed to jump over to azn to pick up some equipment for my caracal, but there was a hostile docked there
    I eventually just went to station in an ibis and grabbed the gear

and then today I logged in and wanted to do some ratting in epros
    bought some more missiles and a malkuth over in azn and when I jump in there's a hostile again
    I managed to grab my goods and get back to epros, but now I'm docked in epros with 2 hostiles in system
    I don't get how I seem to always end up around hostiles
    I must be cursed

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I spent the last 20 minutes chasing around the hostiles Dru is talking about.

The one in the crow was sitting 450km off the station. I couldn't get to him fast enough.

I can't believe I had that bitch locked and was within 3km of having him warp scrambled twice and he got away.

Daric on
  • Options
    BremenBremen Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I must be cursed

Do you play in Euro time? Most of the hostiles near E-P are active in euro time, and that's when we're weakest, so they pretty much have free run of the system.

Last night in American primetime we had more than 20 MerchI members in E-P alone.

Bremen on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    well, the hostile was in azn last night but he was docked the whole time as far as I know

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I play during euro times :(

Are you telling me hostiles are a common thing down in e-pros? Perhaps I should have stayed up at 9-9

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    JaninJanin Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

It's relatively easy to get ganked in a battleship, much more than in a cruiser, because it takes the BS so much longer to get up to speed and warp away. Most roaming gank gangs are HACs so they can run down anything larger than a MWD frigate.

Janin on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    PiptheFair wrote: »

warp core stabilizer=lol

Those help keep you from getting tackled, right?

they prevent warp core scrambling

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I play during euro times :(

Are you telling me hostiles are a common thing down in e-pros? Perhaps I should have stayed up at 9-9

uh no hostiles in epros are pretty rare

I mean they are a few lone ones in azn, which is right next door frequently, but they rarely get the stone to venture to our system

PiptheFair on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    We should set up that big ECM thing at our POS that messes with any hostile in our system.

Daric on
  • Options
    Volucrisus AedriusVolucrisus Aedrius Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I think that once I get a Raven and use that as my primary ratter I will turn my Drake into an assault ML ganker.

With my skills assault MLs fire at a ridiculous rate. Like 3. something.

Rifter motherfucks are gonna die.

Volucrisus Aedrius on
  • Options
    runaway_pancakerunaway_pancake Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Daric wrote: »
    We should set up that big ECM thing at our POS that messes with any hostile in our system.
    You're probably thinking of a cyno jammer. All that does is prevent capitals from jumping in. It doesn't do anything to subcaps.

runaway_pancake on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    first fleet battle wooo

instapopped and we lost

on the plus side zero lag with over 100 ships

Mr. Henry Bemis on
  • Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Yaaaaay Bemis!

Muggins on
    BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    first fleet battle wooo

instapopped and we lost

on the plus side zero lag with over 100 ships

instapopped?

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    die really fast

wasn't really instant

i was getting hit with like one blaster occasionally but i definitely didn't achieve anything

Mr. Henry Bemis on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    so it's pretty pointless and stupid to play this game unless you can fully devote yourself to it for at least two hours a sitting, and have some control over when you get to play, huh?

I mean there is basically no viable soloing track that is actually any fun for a goonswarm member

I'm relegated to highsec unless I want to get ganked at least once a day, and even then I'm sure some faggot who we're wardecced with will show up at least once every other day to gank me

I don't have the flexibility to plan for a gang or fleet op, and even if I manage to luck into one I have to quit out of EVE and let my computer cool down once every 45 minutes

I might pay for it anyway so I can train skills until november when I actually get a chance to play but that seems a little bit silly

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    oh god I'm downloading the client, there goes my life

Bendery It Like Beckham on
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Oh how I wish I could subscribe

it would be magical

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Something is wrong, I can't log in to check my character on the website but i can change my account info and resubscribe and shit. do i have to resub before i can check my characters?

Bendery It Like Beckham on
  • Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Anything in the Insider section is for active accounts only.

Muggins on
    BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |