As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

• Options
    FantasyrogueFantasyrogue Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Anyone else aside from Sporky to contact with now that I appear to have this thing down and actually made contact with someone.

Fantasyrogue on
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Just doesn't seem like it's meant to be, MJ. :?

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    MJMJ Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Your name is flashing for me.

Well I'll try later.

MJ on
    mino_mirror_punch2_sig.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Well, that was my first trip to Wifisland, thanks to my nacho-loving friend Sporky for giving me cutter :P And I'm starting to get this whole petting Mochi thing down.

Off to bed now.

Fantasyrogue on
  • Options
    projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Question.

What do you use the WiFi for? I understand its a idea of making "Contact" with other people, but thats all I know. Do you fight each other or something?

projectmayhem on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Question.

What do you use the WiFi for? I understand its a idea of making "Contact" with other people, but thats all I know. Do you fight each other or something?
    All it does is add an NPC in your game that you can talk to to get an item. Generally good items, too. But yeah, all it is is basically a tag sort of thing where you don't really interact at all.

Taya, you are a blue cow who lives in dullsville. You gave me a book and asked me what I think of milk.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Question.

All it does is add an NPC in your game that you can talk to to get an item. Generally good items, too. But yeah, all it is is basically a tag sort of thing where you don't really interact at all.

Taya, you are a blue cow who lives in dullsville. You gave me a book and asked me what I think of milk.
    WHAT!?

I'm not sure how to respond to this. I'm going to go check up on all of you.

Taya on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    ahahaha Keith likes unicorns.

Sporky, you're a pink bunny who tried to kill me but with no success. Then you gave me a rose.

Taya on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Taya wrote:

Sporky, you're a pink bunny who tried to kill me but with no success. Then you gave me a rose.
    The different characters must be set, Riqa is exactly that in my game.

UncleSporky on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    I didn't find a cow in my game, unless I missed it, which is very possible.

Taya on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited October 2006
    Taya wrote:

he said he wouldn't tell anyone! :oops:

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    Uncle LongUncle Long Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Speaking of cows.

Has anyone tried to battle the cow in the caldoaxa ruins? The one that you need to pick two locked doors to get to? I walked up to it thinking, "oh, a cow, i guess there isn't anything that exciting behind those doors i had to pick," when this brown cow promptly did 709 damage to my Terry, effectively ohko'ing him. I came back in a better outfit and was promptly knocked out again. I didn't even know anything of this level existed in this game. Anybody fight/defeat this cow yet?

Uncle Long on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited October 2006
    thanks for the heads up

I was on my way to try those doors with my new thief clothes

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Keith wrote:
    thanks for the heads up

Yeah, I mean, I've beaten the game.... and i was utterly (pun intended) slaughtered twice.

Uncle Long on
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    TheLong wrote:
    Keith wrote:
    thanks for the heads up

Yeah, I mean, I've beaten the game.... and i was utterly (pun intended) slaughtered twice.

I've heard (not beat it yet. Going through a couple games at once) that there are four such enemies scattered around the dungeons in the postgame. One for each element.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    schlewschlew Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Alright, I've added roguefantasy to my friends list. Is there anyone willing to add me ( 0301-4695-4866 ) to their list? It's lonely in group 4....

schlew on
  • Options
    MannyManny Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Anyone from Group 2 want to make contact? :?:

Manny on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    I just got the fishing outfit and I have no idea how to fish. I can get a fish on the hook but I don't know what to do then. It either gets away or it was "too much for me". Also, apparantly you can fish in the sink in the base of Ft.Eagle. I don't know what's living in the sink because I can't catch anything but something nibbles on the bobber.

Taya on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    I still only have the aquatech and the mr cuisine outfit. But I'm not that far into the game yet, I think. I'm purposely taking my time since I heard it's a shorter game. Maybe I'll go ingredient hunting again later to raise my cooking skill. I summoned Mochi for the first time and he did 138 damage or something, very nice.. thanks to you guys for the petting tips.

Fantasyrogue on
  • Options
    aeolistaeolist Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Taya wrote:
    I just got the fishing outfit and I have no idea how to fish. I can get a fish on the hook but I don't know what to do then. It either gets away or it was "too much for me". Also, apparantly you can fish in the sink in the base of Ft.Eagle. I don't know what's living in the sink because I can't catch anything but something nibbles on the bobber.
    Mash A really fast.

Some fish are higher level and you won't be able to catch them until you get certain abilities. You get Fly Fishing pretty quickly, which lets you catch level 1 fish.

aeolist on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    aeolist wrote:
    Taya wrote:
    Mash A really fast.
    I don't think this does anything. It seems to be just like lock picking, basically you just wait and see if you get it. I wonder if fishing at the start of the game would be easier and help build up skill...

UncleSporky on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    aeolist wrote:
    Taya wrote:
    Mash A really fast.
    I don't think this does anything. It seems to be just like lock picking, basically you just wait and see if you get it. I wonder if fishing at the start of the game would be easier and help build up skill...
    Well that's easier on my fingers I suppose

aeolist on
  • Options
    DavoidDavoid Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    So, what's the verdict on Contact? Am I looking at another wound in my wallet?

Davoid on
    rqv6.png
  • Options
    FireWeaselFireWeasel Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Davoid wrote:
    So, what's the verdict on Contact? Am I looking at another wound in my wallet?

I'm enjoying it so far. It's quirky, doesn't really hold your hand, and, most importantly, is fun. I'm not gonna go too into detail here, as many forumers have already done so, but I'll put that much out there.

Also, I was shocked when my EB monkey was telling me that this game was doing incredibly well at my local store, which shocked her as much as it shocked me.

FireWeasel on
    AC:CL Wii -- 3824-2125-9336 City: Felinito Me: Nick
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I've played it for a couple hours, and while nothing amazing has compelled me to spin in glee, nothing has given me reason to put it down either. The combat is simple and fast, the various suits and abilities are all pretty fun, and the writing is light-hearted and fun. Definitely worth the $25 so far.

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    RustRust __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2006
    How's this game's overall length? Heard that as a complaint in some circles.

Rust on
  • Options
    FireWeaselFireWeasel Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Rust wrote:
    How's this game's overall length? Heard that as a complaint in some circles.

Apparently it's about 15 hours-ish, which is short for an RPG but about average for nearly any other game these days.

I got about as much out of the likes of Phoenix Wright and Bully, and I can't really see length as being a huge complaint as long as the content is sufficiently solid, and I can say as much about Contact.

FireWeasel on
    AC:CL Wii -- 3824-2125-9336 City: Felinito Me: Nick
  • Options
    aidanaidan Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Hey everyone,

I've been a long time lurker but this thread has finally pulled me out of anonymity because I just couldn't resist the pull of the online portion of the game.

In other words, I'm looking for other fans that I can add to my Contact Friends list.

Let me know if anyone's interested.

I haven't had a chance to read the entire thread, but I'll tell you that I'm really enjoying the game!

I just beat Ft. Eagle [spoiler:11ad4d14cd]The Airstrip scene was pure comedy gold[/spoiler:11ad4d14cd] and I've gotta say, from everything I'd heard about the boss fight I was really worried... and then I somehow breezed through it without trouble. I guess that means I must be a little over leveled.

Anyway, let me know if any of you need another person to add to your friend list!

aidan on
    A Dribble of Ink

adribbleofink_banner.jpg

Check out my blog, A Dribble of Ink, where you'll find everything from reviews and interviews to articles and asides. If you're a fan of Fantasy or Science Fiction you won't be disappointed!
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    aidan wrote:
    Hey everyone,

I've been a long time lurker but this thread has finally pulled me out of anonymity because I just couldn't resist the pull of the online portion of the game.

In other words, I'm looking for other fans that I can add to my Contact Friends list.

Let me know if anyone's interested.

I haven't had a chance to read the entire thread, but I'll tell you that I'm really enjoying the game!

I just beat Ft. Eagle [spoiler:bc549a866d]The Airstrip scene was pure comedy gold[/spoiler:bc549a866d] and I've gotta say, from everything I'd heard about the boss fight I was really worried... and then I somehow breezed through it without trouble. I guess that means I must be a little over leveled.

Anyway, let me know if any of you need another person to add to your friend list!

Either overleveled, overloaded with potions, or you actually knew you're supposed to use the stylus in a special way for that fight.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    I think it must have been a combination of overleveled and the stylus. I've been using the stylus for everything but movement since I began the game, and so it was natural to [spoiler:4270590ecb]hit the plus and minus boxes, though I couldn't exactly figure out when I was supposed to hit which button, I just sort of randomly hit them[/spoiler:4270590ecb].

It's nice to know that I probably won't have to worry too much about leveling for the next area or so, though.

:)

aidan on
    A Dribble of Ink

adribbleofink_banner.jpg

Check out my blog, A Dribble of Ink, where you'll find everything from reviews and interviews to articles and asides. If you're a fan of Fantasy or Science Fiction you won't be disappointed!
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    I had no idea you could do that with the stylus, and I didn't have too much trouble with the boss.

Not overleveled, and I just used 2 potions. I just spammed the air attack and the double strike blade attack every time his shield dropped.

Mochi helped too.

aeolist on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    Just wanted to point out that I've added my friend code to my sig.

Also, I forgot about actually using Mochi for a while, but I've been playing with him every time I save, and so today I finally think to check him out and instead of doing 1 damage (as he did the last time I used him) he did about 150!

I was surprised to say the least...

aidan on
    A Dribble of Ink

adribbleofink_banner.jpg

• Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    aidan wrote:
    Just wanted to point out that I've added my friend code to my sig.

Also, I forgot about actually using Mochi for a while, but I've been playing with him every time I save, and so today I finally think to check him out and instead of doing 1 damage (as he did the last time I used him) he did about 150!

I was surprised to say the least...

I think one of the best Mochi-attacks is the purple lines that paralyze enemies.

I think he does that between doing 1 damage and doing actual damage.

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    tarnoktarnok Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    I haven't read the thread so I apologize if this has come up already, but I just got to the base at Ft. Eagle and I can't cook anything. I have the cook outfit, three recipies, even equiped my fruit knife. I can't cook anything though. Am I doing something wrong, or is there something I havent' found yet?

tarnok on
    Wii Code:
    0431-6094-6446-7088
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    tarnok wrote:
    I haven't read the thread so I apologize if this has come up already, but I just got to the base at Ft. Eagle and I can't cook anything. I have the cook outfit, three recipies, even equiped my fruit knife. I can't cook anything though. Am I doing something wrong, or is there something I havent' found yet?

I'm assuming you mean you don't know how to start cooking. You need a kitchen or campfire, there should be an exclamation point when you get near one, hit A and it'll open up the cooking menu. There's a kitchen in the ship.

Fantasyrogue on
  • Options
    SheepSheep Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2006
    Post game dungeon boss fighting?

Now I know for a fact that I didnt get the same ending that some of you got.

Sheep on
  • Options
    XanathusXanathus Registered User regular
    edited October 2006
    Is this the ending I'm supposed to get, or are there other endings?
    [spoiler:04e8de20a9]I hear that other people get a message from the Prof. saying that he's sorry blahblahblah, but mine simply has the last villain girl taking the boy back to his house, then fin and nothing else[/spoiler:04e8de20a9]

Xanathus on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    I've gone ahead and added myself to the 4th Group on the Wiki page and I've added Fantasyrogue and Schlew to my friends list.

aidan on
    A Dribble of Ink

adribbleofink_banner.jpg

• Options
    edited October 2006
    I am not sure which part of my ending to describe

[spoiler:7f239fcb92] after the fight i see terry laying face down on the beach at the beginning. He gets up and tells me that he knows that i am there and proceeds to punch the screen making things all blurry until i poke him angrily with my stylus and womp on him until he stops. [/spoiler:7f239fcb92]

I don't think anything too exciting happens after that. Or at least I wasn't paying that much attention.

Uncle Long on
  • Options
    edited October 2006
    aidan wrote:
    I've gone ahead and added myself to the 4th Group on the Wiki page and I've added Fantasyrogue and Schlew to my friends list.

Want to make contact then? :P

Geeze, I'm gonna have to grind I think. I just got my ass handed to me.

Fantasyrogue on