As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Dr Horrible's Sing-Along Blog!

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited July 2008
    Balefuego wrote: »
    What about the episode where Wesley pretends to be Angel

That's one of the ones I haven't seen.

Tube on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Wesley was fun because he was a character with genuine flaws rather than just things like "sometimes he cares too much" or whatever. Gunn didn't really have anything interesting about him and the lawyer thing was pretty stupid if you think about it.

Tube on
  • Options
    MikeRyuMikeRyu Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    You know I was always disappointed with what happened to Xander. He was going fine until about season five and it just felt like his character regressed from then on and became quite inconsequential.

MikeRyu on
    Ranmasig5.png
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    yeah Gunn was pretty boring, I never really cared about him.

Although I actually really like how he's being used in After the Fall

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Wesley was fun because he was a character with genuine flaws rather than just things like "sometimes he cares too much" or whatever. Gunn didn't really have anything interesting about him and the lawyer thing was pretty stupid if you think about it.

Wesley was the one character where you really felt like his character progression was valid - he didn't suddenly wake up one day and go from 'bumbling idiot' to 'morose leader'.

And I agree about Xander - he was one of my favourites in the first four seasons of Buffy, though I did feel like he was pretty good in Season Seven. Five and six, though, not so much.

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

yeah, Wesley became a really good character.

neville on
    nevillexmassig1.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Xander was fine in season 5

all he did in season 6 was get shit on though.

The only Xander moment in season 6 I liked was when he and Buffy patch things up between them (and then Warren comes in and shoots her)

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    The best bit in all of angel was the bit where he fired every body and just turned into a gigantic bastard and then get better through the medium of porking bitches.

Tube on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    The best bit in all of angel was the bit where he fired every body and just turned into a gigantic bastard and then get better through the medium of porking bitches.

I'm still a big fan of 'I pay my taxes, etc. etc. I can do anything.'

'Can you fly?'

*kicks vampire guy out of thirtieth story window*

'Guess not.'

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    edited July 2008

yes, this was season 2.

season 2 was the best with Angel going rogue and Wesley taking over the detective agency.

But they had to drop the storyline at the end because either Julie Benz or Juliet Landau (or both?) wasnt going to be availible for the last batch of episodes so they had to come up with a new finale, which ended up being the trip to Lorne's dimension.

Which was okay but they never really got that momentum back, especially since when they brought Darla back next year all they could think to do with her was make her pregnant.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    oh yeah I just remembered that ended with the other dimension thing. that was dumb

Tube on
  • Options
    edited July 2008

yes, this was season 2.

season 2 was the best with Angel going rogue and Wesley taking over the detective agency.

But they had to drop the storyline at the end because either Julie Benz or Juliet Landau (or both?) wasnt going to be availible for the last batch of episodes so they had to come up with a new finale, which ended up being the trip to Lorne's dimension.

Which was okay but they never really got that momentum back, especially since when they brought Darla back next year all they could think to do with her was make her pregnant.

Yeah, but the trip to Lorne's dimension had one of my favourite Season 2 moments.

'I think we're winning!'

(cut to: everyone in stocks)

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    MikeRyuMikeRyu Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    It was odd considering that the season had been quite continuity heavy up to that point and then suddenly we're in a medieval dimension with castles and headless Lorn.

MikeRyu on
    Ranmasig5.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I love the part where Angel locks all the Wolfram and Hart people in the basement with a hungry Darla and Drusilla

fucking stone cold

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I love the part where Angel locks all the Wolfram and Hart people in the basement with a hungry Darla and Drusilla

fucking stone cold

Kind of poetic, since the whole Darla thing had been brought about to put Angel on the side of evil - and that was probably the most evil thing he did in the whole season.

What sold that scene for me was the line. 'And yet somehow, I can't seem to care.'

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    She's a lie.

Luh. She's a lilah!

Favorite line from Angel.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    vsove wrote: »

fucking stone cold

Kind of poetic, since the whole Darla thing had been brought about to put Angel on the side of evil - and that was probably the most evil thing he did in the whole season.

What sold that scene for me was the line. 'And yet somehow, I can't seem to care.'

killing drogan was stone cold

Tube on
  • Options
    KarnackKarnack Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    vsove wrote: »

fucking stone cold

killing drogan was stone cold

that was pretty crazy

even with his soul, angel could be a right bastard at times, infiltrating a place secretly or not.

Karnack on
  • Options
    halkunhalkun Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    My God! You guys are actually talking about Buffy and Angel. Those shows were drivel and the reason why I never followed Joss until three weeks ago when I found Firefly on Hulu.

Tube.... Tube, tube, tube... I thought I knew you....

halkun on
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    how about you shut up

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    zimfanzimfan Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    You tell 'em Centipede.

zimfan on
    PasscodeSig.png
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Hey man. He's an Ayumi Hamasaki Fanboy. We should listen to his shit.

A Dabble Of Thelonius on
    vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    halkun wrote: »
    My God! You guys are actually talking about Buffy and Angel. Those shows were drivel and the reason why I never followed Joss until three weeks ago when I found Firefly on Hulu.

Tube.... Tube, tube, tube... I thought I knew you....

weren't you the one who couldn't understand how satire and parody work in the watchmen thread?

I am pretty sure you were

Straightzi on
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Just watched the first act yesssssss

I Win Swordfights on
    lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Just now?

Hurry up man, watch the second one.

zimfan on
    PasscodeSig.png
  • Options
    TenTen Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Damn, I wish this could be downloaded, I want to watch all 3 acts when my friends come over, but my Media Center PC in the lounge room can't seem to stream it fast enough or play it back properly at full screen. And it's not available on the AU Itunes store.

Guess I'll have to wait for the DVD to watch it on the big screen :(

Ten on
  • Options
    Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I am enjoying Dr Horrible. Getting ready to start on Act II.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    That first song in act II is fanfuckingtastic

I Win Swordfights on
    lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    That first song in act II is fanfuckingtastic

Yeah, it's great

It gets better though.

zimfan on
    PasscodeSig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Neil Patrick Harris is so fucking amazing

I Win Swordfights on
    lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I have been listening to both episodes far too much.

Excessively.

DE?AD on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Agreed.

He's one of the few celebrities I'd like to hang out with.

zimfan on
    PasscodeSig.png
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Xander was fine in season 5

all he did in season 6 was get shit on though.

The only Xander moment in season 6 I liked was when he and Buffy patch things up between them (and then Warren comes in and shoots her)

I thought it was pretty spectacular how he saves the entire world refusing to get out of Just-Willow's way, and she just doesn't have it in her to off him like she did everyone else.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    edited July 2008
    I hate Captain Hammer.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Captain Hammer is awesome and you are dumb

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    wait maybe he hates Hammer because Hammer is the antagonist and you are supposed to hate him

Or maybe Hammer killed his parents?

Straightzi on
  • Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Wow this was thoroughly wonderful. The songs are catchy beyond belief and I look forward to the update.

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Why are you people just now watching this?

zimfan on
    PasscodeSig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Tychos newspost reminded me.
    Straightzi wrote: »
    wait maybe he hates Hammer because Hammer is the antagonist and you are supposed to hate him

Or maybe Hammer killed his parents?

Yes to all of that.

Macro9 on
    58pwo4vxupcr.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    To spite neville

I Win Swordfights on
    lfYVHTd.png