As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[FRUIT ON] Pineapple Fortress 2: Now with more magets

• Options
    The Cow KingThe Cow King a island Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Ugh I feel Soal's pain. Half of the other servers make me run at 300ms even when my friends runs at 60.

RAGE.

The Cow King on
    icGJy2C.png
  • Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    The worst thig ever is getting headshotted on well before game starts. that is whack.

DeMoN on
    Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I wish I could do more with a class that isn't the heavy.

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    Gin Soacked BoyGin Soacked Boy Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    How the fuck do you people shoot through the grates?

Pyros can shoot through any gates and demos used to be able to but I havn't seen them do it latley. Some one also said you could snipe through one specific gold rush gate though im yet to see it.

Gin Soacked Boy on
    Under the influence

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I was backstabbed once after shutting down my computer.

True story.
    Post is spy!

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    .Tripwire..Tripwire. Firman Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Speaking of, here are some spy pics I find pleasant!

008_resupplspy.jpg
    008_bomb_assassination.jpg

.Tripwire. on
    sigi_moe.pngsigi_deviantart.pngsigi_twitter.pngsigi_steam.pngsigi_tumblr.png
  • Options
    TigTig Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    bwahaha the sniper looks so sad.

I was disappointed to find that the Pyro's hadouken can't kill people though gates, even if the flame is going right through them. Damn!

Tig on
  • Options
    crucialityfactorcrucialityfactor Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    How'd that spy get in the spawn?

So fucking crafty!

crucialityfactor on
  • Options
    AsiinaAsiina ... WaterlooRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    is that a noclipping spy?

Asiina on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited July 2008
    Spy at end of round.

Echo on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Echo wins the cookie, but it's been poisoned by the spy.

.Tripwire. on
  • Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    .Tripwire. wrote: »
    Echo wins the cookie, but it's been sapped by the spy.

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    JonnyBotJonnyBot Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    DeMoN wrote: »
    The worst thig ever is getting headshotted on well before game starts. that is whack.

Well, there is a gap between the train car and the building. You can fire a number of things into there.

JonnyBot on
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Wren wrote: »
    Echo wins the cookie, but it's a spy.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Actually I have seen the spy able to get into the first enemy spawn in Badlands, which is a bug that has probably been discussed ad nauseam. Not sure how to duplicate it.

.Tripwire. on
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Klyka wrote: »
    Wren wrote: »
    Echo wins the cookie, but it's a sapped pineapple.

Zen Vulgarity on
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Actually I have seen the spy able to get into the first enemy spawn in Badlands, which is a bug that has probably been discussed ad nauseam. Not sure how to duplicate it.
    It's really easy. Wait for someone on the other team to open the spawn door by leaving, and go in at the same time. That'll put you into the spawn, but you can't really do to much there, because you seem to clip a lot on invisible things.

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    TigTig Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    THAT COOKIE'S A SPY!

Tig on
  • Options
    BlindPsychicBlindPsychic Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Hunted mod is being updated soon:
    ust a quick update for what Version 1.1 is going to have in store. I am hoping to have a release for this sometime this weekend or early next week.

- Limiting Pyros on RED. This will either be a straight cap or a percentage of the team. The exact amount or percentage will be able to be determined by a CVar, since larger servers can accommodate more Pyros.
    - Fixing "Victory/Loss" sound bug where the victory sound is not played sometimes.
    - Fixing "No Engineer" bug from instantly selecting a new Hunted instead of waiting 20 seconds.
    - Fixing Hunted self death respawn, so that the Hunted suiciding or falling from a great height will not cause everyone to respawn.
    - Fixing respawn when a new Hunted is selected.
    - Disabling respawn if the Hunted is switched during Setup.
    - Adding in some rotation methods. The Hunted will now automatically change at the beginning of a new round.
    - Adding in the "votehunted" chat command. This will also auto-execute if The Hunted dies more than a set amount of times within a minute.

BlindPsychic on
  • Options
    mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

Pyros can shoot through any gates and demos used to be able to but I havn't seen them do it latley. Some one also said you could snipe through one specific gold rush gate though im yet to see it.

It's not as simple as "pyros can shoot through" because it has to be at exactly the right position or angle or something. (never have been able to figure it out) I do it by accident every once in a while.

mrflippy on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    JonnyBot wrote: »

Well, there is a gap between the train car and the building. You can fire a number of things into there.

I am well acquainted with the gap. And I do not mind getting shot by many things through the gap.
    But being headshotted, that usually means death, which is crap.

DeMoN on
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    mrflippy wrote: »

It's not as simple as "pyros can shoot through" because it has to be at exactly the right position or angle or something. (never have been able to figure it out) I do it by accident every once in a while.

If I had to hazard a guess, I'd say it results from the door objects not being "airtight", as it were. Functionally, they're two big boxes sandwiched together, so there might be a chance that you can slip an object between them at the seam.

Kupi on
    My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    If someone is standing right against the gate a pyro burn them in most cases.

DeMoN on
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

The flames usually don't go through for me.

mrflippy on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I think it usually works if you aim the flames low. I think.

DeMoN on
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Tig wrote: »
    THAT COOKIE'S A SPY!
    THIS COOKIE IS SPY BUT NOT OUR SPY!

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • Options
    MEGA MEGA PANZER POPE SANMEGA MEGA PANZER POPE SAN Registered User regular
    edited July 2008

It seems to vary a lot- if you're the pyro, just spew some flames and see what happens.

MEGA MEGA PANZER POPE SAN on
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I don't mind the pyro-flame-through-gate thing that much but demomen who fire pipes through grates are scumbags.

I've even seen people do it on the PA servers. They're still scumbags.

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    Ginger MijangoGinger Mijango Don't you open that Trap Door!Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Edcrab wrote: »
    I don't mind the pyro-flame-through-gate thing that much but demomen who fire pipes through grates are scumbags.

I've even seen people do it on the PA servers. They're still scumbags.

Yeah, that was me yesterday. I'm despicable and dastardly. It's wrong and I know it pisses me off when someone else does it, but Pyros firing through the grate are equally scumbaggy and those were the fuckers I was aiming at.

Before anyone even dares say "you shouldn't stand so close to the grates" fuck you, you shouldn't be firing into the spawn and those who say "oops sorry lolz didn't mean to kill you" can also go fuck themselves, your intentions were rather clear what with your spraying fire at the fucking grate, obviously completely unintentional.

Ginger Mijango on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    I remember back when you could snipe through the grates, people would pull the "well you shouldn't stand in front of it" excuse out of their ass.

You should know better, Ginger. You injured me, a fellow demoman, and I don't think you so much as clipped our ass-pyros. You've sunk to their level!

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    As a demo I toss all kinds of shit over the trains in Well. Whatever I can find - forks, sunglasses, cats - it all goes into the grenade launcher like a blunderbuss. I'm training you guys for the real world, so man up.

.Tripwire. on
  • Options
    Ginger MijangoGinger Mijango Don't you open that Trap Door!Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    On Well you're not firing into an enemy spawn, doesn't count and it's pretty much standard practice firing over the trains now.

Ginger Mijango on
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Also, my Steam is dead. Again. Blarggh.

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    FanciestWalnutFanciestWalnut Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Over trains=|=through gates.

FanciestWalnut on
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    I shoot through the grate as a pyro all the time. I think its along the lines of demos and soldiers going over the well cars before the round or at least shooting between that crack of the car and building.

At least the pyro and soldier doing it is avoidable by standing 1cm beyond touching the grate, with a demo you throw nades all over the starting area.

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Hey YouHey You Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    Remember when I went by nebraska last night and everyone started changing their names... That was funny...

Hey You on
  • Options
    LurkLurk Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    There is a Hunted plugin out there and from what I heard, is pretty bug free. Since we don't have a community of douche bags, perhaps we can try it out on one of the servers?

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=73582

Lurk on
    415429-1.png?1281464977
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    We've tried the first version (it was awful), but as Blind pointed out there's a new release, so that might be worth a shot.

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    LurkLurk Registered User regular
    edited July 2008
    The newest version ain't out yet sadly : /

Lurk on
    415429-1.png?1281464977
  • Options
    edited July 2008
    Hunted was fun damnit