As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

A tale of souls and swords

1262728293032»

• Options
    B.C.B.C. is a bee! remember me?Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Good christ

Fuck Floors 57-59.

What the fuck that shit is just not even fair.

B.C. on
    Friend code for Pokemon fiends everywhere: Arch 0447-6824-1112
  • Options
    DefenderDefender Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Shorty wrote: »
    Defender wrote: »
    Shorty wrote: »
    IpseDixit wrote: »
    Also is it fucking impossible to do a guard break online, even with minimal lag it still takes a fraction of a second for the game to recognize the command and actually do it.

So Mr fucking cheap ass spam Raphael's low A attack over and over again can beat me. GRAAAH

This is exactly what I've been saying since before Tekken went online. You need a ping of like 50 or lower because of the intensely precise timing of the game. And adding in all the "Just" stuff (Just Impact, Just Frame Input) actually makes the problem far worse, because that accentuates the flaw. Online games need to be lag-tolerant, and requiring someone to enter input at the exact frame when something happens is inherently not lag-tolerant.

I imagine Setsuka would be really fucking hard to play online since most of her best attacks require just frame input.

On the other hand, good luck parrying her! She's borderline impossible to parry anyway, but now you basically HAVE to be a mind-reader.

You think so? Pretty much all of her low attacks are really easy to see coming, so it's just a matter of having good reflexes. If the attack is fast, it's hitting mid or high. If not, it's low.

"Just a matter of good reflexes" = "Purely based on reaction speed"

Now factor lag into that.

Defender on
  • Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I played a goodly amount today with a friend

two notes

a good Siegfried versus a good Nightmare is an amazing thing to watch and be a part of. Big swords flying EVERYWHERE

and SDTVs are terrible and now that I own my own HDTV it starting to pain me to use them.

Dichotomy on
    0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    So people actually abuse you for playing well?

I might feel bad that I got matched against someone way better than me, but I wouldn't scream wolf at the top of my lungs.

Also is multi still just all Kilik/Cervantes?

@Dich:
    I go into training, put the AI on Hard or Master as a Nightmare vs Seigfried

None of this "ting ting ting" stuff. "CLANG, SMASH, BOOM, CLANG SMASH SMASH"

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    monsterrormonsterror HEY ASSBUTT Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Cervantes or Maxi all up ins.

monsterror on
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    I played a goodly amount today with a friend

two notes

a good Siegfried versus a good Nightmare is an amazing thing to watch and be a part of. Big swords flying EVERYWHERE

and SDTVs are terrible and now that I own my own HDTV it starting to pain me to use them.

I'm beginning to become very frustrated with all the 360 games with teeny tiny text because of course I must have a big HDTV by now.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    The ranking system is a wee bit retarded, since a good player basically has no chance of losing two matches in a row unless he gets another good player, two times in a row.

Which is why I have my ridiculous 75% winning percentage in 300 odd games played without ever really playing SC against anyone before.

Also Sneak tonight.

I want to show you the blunt end of my Cassandra.

Transporter on
  • Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    220.jpg

225.jpg

801.jpg

229.jpg

218.jpg

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Those are way more impressive than my terrible Buffy Summers character.

In my defense, I've only had the game for a few hours now.

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Ronald MacDonald! Brilliant!

Darth Waiter on
  • Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Slap a mask on that Pheonix Wright and you've got yourself a kick ass Spirit.

Dex Dynamo on
  • Options
    Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    that nightwing is fuckawesome

Sars_Boy on
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2008
    I made a Zapp Brannigan.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    The Sneak!The Sneak! Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    The ranking system is a wee bit retarded, since a good player basically has no chance of losing two matches in a row unless he gets another good player, two times in a row.

Which is why I have my ridiculous 75% winning percentage in 300 odd games played without ever really playing SC against anyone before.

Also Sneak tonight.

I want to show you the blunt end of my Cassandra.

ooops i worked late tonight, i don't think you're still on

The Sneak! on
  • Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2008
    Sneak, get on AIM.

The Geek on
    BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    god i hate ranked matches

The Sneak! on
  • Options
    B.C.B.C. is a bee! remember me?Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Finally beat floors 57-59.
    You know that when you force a bunch of people to spam the same move over and over again that you have poorly designed that challenge.

B.C. on
    Friend code for Pokemon fiends everywhere: Arch 0447-6824-1112
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Transport, your Cassandra is a cunt online.

The Sneak! on
  • Options
    DefenderDefender Registered User regular
    edited August 2008

Haha, yeah, it's called "online gaming."

A few nights ago Musashi and I just trampled this 2v2 AT match in Frozen Throne. We were accused of being "Jews" as well as "Faggits" who "like big dicks up ur butt."

This was solely based on Musashi having about 10 archers, which is apparently a dead giveaway that you are a Jewish homosexual size queen.

Defender on
  • Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008

Haha, yeah, it's called "online gaming."

A few nights ago Musashi and I just trampled this 2v2 AT match in Frozen Throne. We were accused of being "Jews" as well as "Faggits" who "like big dicks up ur butt."

This was solely based on Musashi having about 10 archers, which is apparently a dead giveaway that you are a Jewish homosexual size queen.

Mexican Jew Lizard.

Darth Waiter on
  • Options
    MeissnerdMeissnerd Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I looooveeee Raphael

Meissnerd on
  • Options
    The Otaku SuppositoryThe Otaku Suppository Bawstan New EnglandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Oh lordy my custom character has an attack of 177% and absolutely tears through anything in under 5 seconds. It's ridiculous.

The Otaku Suppository on
  • Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    The Sneak! wrote: »

I no rite.

You can't do anything unsafe.

And don't block mid.

Or low.

Or anywhere, for that matter.

Also I was furiously scrambling for my mike the entire time and I could not find it anywhere. And then for some reason I spilled gatorade everywhere and oh god we are in the middle of a match shitfuck gotta clean up.

Also practice more with me dammit. Everytime I fight you it's all oh god he's trying to rape me he is raping me the dick is in my butt.

Transporter on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    The Sneak! wrote: »

I no rite.

You can't do anything unsafe.

And don't block mid.

Or low.

Or anywhere, for that matter.

Also I was furiously scrambling for my mike the entire time and I could not find it anywhere. And then for some reason I spilled gatorade everywhere and oh god we are in the middle of a match shitfuck gotta clean up.

Also practice more with me dammit. Everytime I fight you it's all oh god he's trying to rape me he is raping me the dick is in my butt.

I wouldn't call any of that raping... I won ten games, you won nine, and I only won the last one out of sheer dumb luck.

The Sneak! on