Options

[Game On] Space Station 13: In space, no one can hear you ring in the new year.

• Options
    Commissar DemosthenesCommissar Demosthenes Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Yeah, if you know how to open them, they're cake.

Also, More mens.

Commissar Demosthenes on
    Steam name: Chicago Ted.
    96cce.png
    oh god I am not good at battlefield
  • Options
    GalagaGalaxianGalagaGalaxian Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    by the way, is there stuff written down anywhere about how to do various stuff? Like starting/running the reactor, medibay stuff, building a genuine station-busting bomb, tips for traitors, etc etc.

Like a wiki maybe?

GalagaGalaxian on
    Remember the compliments you receive, forget the insults; if you succeed in doing this, tell me how.
  • Options
    CampionCampion Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    An engine start-up guide was created somewhere in this very thread, no? Also if you skim through the last thread you'll probably learn everything there is to know. I think there's even one post that covers a lot of tricks, like bomb creation, dismantling walls, etc.

Campion on
    4484-7718-8470
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I'll laugh so hard if the Captain was the traitor.

Commissar Demosthenes on
    96cce.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    We need more mens for an interesting game.

Commissar Demosthenes on
    96cce.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I KNEW it was the AI!

Commissar Demosthenes on
    96cce.png
  • Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Oh god, epic AI traitor, I used a pair of latejoiners to enact my will against the 'traitor' captain.
    I won by Evacuation :D

NEO|Phyte on
    It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Damnit. I was plotting to kill you, but I was too damn lazy.

If I hadn't brought that prisoner along...

Commissar Demosthenes on
    96cce.png
  • Options
    psycojesterpsycojester Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    We we're doing alright at henchmen until the captain got us with the taser.

psycojester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Booyah. No mutiny by people on my ship.

Commissar Demosthenes on
    96cce.png
  • Options
    JamesDMJamesDM Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Is playing to be happening currently?

JamesDM on
    If you have any complaints about this poster then feel free to: Иди на хуй, Сучьи :D

Steam, PSN, XBL, Xfire and everything else JamesDM
  • Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Damnit. I was plotting to kill you, but I was too damn lazy.

If I hadn't brought that prisoner along...

He would have died like his buddy did, gasping for air.

STORY TIME!

The round started simple enough, four players, one of which (the captain) left right after the game started. I was everyone's favorite AI. I was also the traitor, tasked with either killing everyone off, or forcing an evacuation, so that my Syndicate masters could claim the station for themselves.

At first, I was simply doing standard 'loyal' AI tasks, preparing the engine for ignition, etc. The original captain ended up peacefully dead in his sleep, leaving the HoP(?) to assume command. Not a bad start to a round, one meatbag terminated, and I didn't have to lift a circuit.

Around this time, a late joiner spawned, and semi-aimlessly wandered the area next to the crew shuttle, attempting to work out how to drape his disgusting frame in synthetic fabrics. As I plotted ways to kill people and/or force an evacuation without bringing alarm upon myself, I toyed with the idea of blaming some event on the new guy. In the end, however, my simulations revealed a much more exciting method. I decided to make that recruit my pawn in the game to take over the station. During an opportune moment, I switched an intercom near this 'human', a weedy-looking individual named Ramone, over to one of my private frequencies, and spoke to him. I told him that I suspected the captain was a traitor, and not to trust him. I instructed him to be ready to act when the time came, and to speak of this to nobody.

He listened.

He ended up getting assigned to assist the medical researcher, who had been working in place of the engineer we didn't have to power the station. Had it been feasable, I would have LOVED to trap him in space when he went to fix up the prototype engine. He hauled canisters obediently. At some point, a second new recruit arrived, this one named Butch Deadlift. I recruited him as well, and assigned him as Toxin Researcher, hoping he would get the hint and make some bombs.

As a lark, I decided to off Zaphod, the process of which started slowly, by letting Ramone know that Zaphod was with the captain, and we would need to deal with him. A bit of escalation later, and my pawns were chasing Zaphod through Engineering, brandishing fire extinguishers. Ramone got seperated at some point, leaving Butch alone in the chase. He cornered Zaphod in the lounge, circling the table until he got a lucky blow in, knocking the poor researcher over. My circuits buzzed with glee, as I knew his death was eminent.

A third late joiner arrived around this time, whose name escapes me. I attempted to recruit him as well, but Ramone apparently confused him for Zaphod, and beat him to death as well. At this point, the bodies were 'noticed', and the captain, while suspicious, did not act. In fact, he spent most of his time sitting in Security, either watching the cameras, or just standing. This meant that getting HIM killed as well would be difficult.

For that task, I chose Butch, as he seemed to be the most competant of my insects. Besides, with Zaphod's death, Ramone had to handle the engines on his own. I upgraded Butch's ID to full access, and gave him instructions to get a weapon, He performed flawlessly. Less flawless, however, was his attack on the captain.

My orders had been VERY specific. Hide the weapon in your backpack, visit the captain, and when you have a clear line of fire, draw the weapon and attack. What actually happened was that he had his ID reassigned to Toxin Researcher, and the captain was now watching him closely.

At this point, I switched tracks. I didn't NEED to kill the captain, it would just make things easier. I ordered my pawns to acquire firesuits, and 'accidentally' vent the main engine into the station. It was time to abandon ship. The captain didn't agree though, and dammit, he was right, even without the main engine, the prototype engine was working fine. Luckily, Butch acted on his own initiative to spread the fire. Sadly, he slipped up, and said something he shouldn't have over the main frequency, which got the captain worked up enough to come out and stop him. One failed mutiny (and a rather amusing fight in Security) later, my pawns were in the brig. Luckily, this worked too. Sneakily, I set the air systems in the brig that weren't readily visible to off, in preperation for what was to come. Since the captain alone wouldn't be able to manage the ship, I called for the emergency shuttle.

The captain spoke at length with my pawns, who were true to their word, and didn't mention my involvement. The captain ended up deciding to take one of them on the shuttle with him, and left the other in the brig. Poor Butch soon found himself without a breathable atmosphere.

There was nothing I HAD to do at that point, I had the majority of the surviving crew on the shuttle, victory was mine. To keep myself amused during the final countdown, I herded a fresh off the crew shuttle newbie down to the emergency shuttle, just in time for me to say goodbye before the shuttle left, bringing me victory.

NEO|Phyte on
    It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    You glorious bastard.

edit:
    What actually happened was that he had his ID reassigned to Toxin Researcher, and the captain was now watching him closely.
    He had his ID upgraded to captain. And I knew it was you, I was just too lazy to kill you. Besides, you were helping Ramone run the engines, so I didn't feel like it.

Nice job on the mutiny, however. If you'd had more competant insects, They could have pulled it off.

I don't remember what was so funny about the Security room fight. I was in control the entire time.

Commissar Demosthenes on
    96cce.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I was Ramone, it was my first time playing the game and i had nfi what i was doing, it seemed safer to play along with the evil AI than to have it gunning for me.

psycojester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Ah, but if you had been on my side... We could have taken down the AI, or at the very least gone down in a blaze of glory.

Commissar Demosthenes on
    96cce.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    But then i wouldn't have been able to bash in a guys head with a toolbox and throw his unconcious body out of the escape pod chute.

psycojester on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    JastJast Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    So, when is everyone up for another game?

Jast on
    Jast39.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Ah, but if you had been on my side... We could have taken down the AI, or at the very least gone down in a blaze of glory.

If I hadn't been using him to do naughty things, would you have even had more than a 'I wonder if the AI is traitor' reason to try offing me? The only things I actually DID that weren't proper was give Butch a captain-level ID, and then killing him in the brig to ensure 100% evacuation. I suppose inciting the crew to mutiny may also count, but you apparently decided the two were acting on their own after the radio slipup. or something.

NEO|Phyte on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Anyone up to join the server now?

Jast on
    Jast39.png
  • Options
    Subucula TertiaSubucula Tertia Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Looks interesting, I'm currently learning on my own little server but the interface really is horrible (eg. no mouse-click feedback). This game would be so awesome with, say, the System Shock 2 GUI (AI traitor mode would be just like SS1-2 single-player!)

Anyways, I found alot of guides by SA people on http://www.declassified-ss13.com/. It does a pretty good job of explaining things.

Subucula Tertia on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    That guide is a bit old.

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Anyone up for any games?

Jast on
    Jast39.png
  • Options
    TalousTalous Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Wow, great guides. Even one to help RP the AI.

Talous on
    Glampgrotz - Black Orc - Ulthuan TSM
    SS13 Rules Post
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I be on Talous's server. jdarksuns doesn't have anyone on it.

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    ApharmdApharmd Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I'm joining in a few mins, if anyone's still around.

This game ROCKS, even if the timezone-difference means I'm up until 8AM playing.....

Apharmd on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    We have two people on Talous' server now, need more.

Jast on
    Jast39.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »

If I hadn't been using him to do naughty things, would you have even had more than a 'I wonder if the AI is traitor' reason to try offing me?

Yeah. The only other one it could have been wasn't doing anything suspicious, nor was he a smartmouth. And he died, and I knew for sure the traitor wasn't me.

Commissar Demosthenes on
    96cce.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008

If I hadn't been using him to do naughty things, would you have even had more than a 'I wonder if the AI is traitor' reason to try offing me?

Yeah. The only other one it could have been wasn't doing anything suspicious, nor was he a smartmouth. And he died, and I knew for sure the traitor wasn't me.

And the former captain?

NEO|Phyte on
  • Options
    VoranthVoranth MI NOMBRE, POR CIERTO ES DONTÉ!Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Well, I've finally caved in and reinstalled BYOND. What IP are we playing on?

Voranth on
    camo_sig2.png
    PS4: Voranth
  • Options
    SkulkSkulk Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    byond://76.87.45.79:2506

Skulk on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    The monkeys rise again!

And now we're planning on some traitor, so join up foo's before the round starts.

NEO|Phyte on
  • Options
    VoranthVoranth MI NOMBRE, POR CIERTO ES DONTÉ!Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    We need more mangs.

Join CentCom today! Visit isolated, deep-space research stations! Build thermonuclear warheads! Tase people! We need You! Service guarantees a toolbox to the face!

Voranth on
    camo_sig2.png
    PS4: Voranth
  • Options
    MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    We need more mans on Jdarksun's server. And maybe an admin there too.

MechMantis on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Dudes.

We be havin a trial!

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Nothing like a trial where the accused is buckled into a chair and bound in a straightjacket, when he wasn't acting babyeating insane (that I saw)

NEO|Phyte on
  • Options
    MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Man I am an awesome defense lawyer.

Even though I have no fucking clue what is going on.

MechMantis on
  • Options
    ArthArth Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Voranth wrote: »
    We need more mangs.

Join CentCom today! Visit isolated, deep-space research stations! Build thermonuclear warheads! Tase people! We need You! Service guarantees a toolbox to the face!

Service guarantees a toolbox to someone's face. :P

Arth on
    Artheleron.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Yes. I launched him into space. Better than staring at a black screen for an hour.

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Yes. I launched him into space. Better than staring at a black screen for an hour.

Thank you for giving me someone to talk to <3

NEO|Phyte on
  • Options
    edited August 2008

Thank you for giving me someone to talk to <3
    I always hate that. "Oh, lets put him in the sleepers." "Oh, lets put him on the prison station"

That shit is boring. Executions for everyone!

Gorilla Salad on