As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Game On] Space Station 13: In space, no one can hear you ring in the new year.

1515253545557»

• Options
    BlueDestinyBlueDestiny Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Dusda wrote: »
    I'm trying to figure out how to get through all of the station without access. I figure if I build a bomb and blow my way into the captain's room, I can get his card. However, the only place I know to get a plasma tank is in engineering, behind an interior secured door.

Bah.

You could undergo the Most Holy Ritual of Arthritonus. Known to others as Taking Down Several Reinforced Walls With Tools.

BlueDestiny on
  • Options
    DusdaDusda is ashamed of this post SLC, UTRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Really? Awesome. How do you remove walls?

Dusda on
    and this sig. and this twitch stream.
  • Options
    LokiamisLokiamis Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I'm trying to figure out how to get through all of the station without access. I figure if I build a bomb and blow my way into the captain's room, I can get his card. However, the only place I know to get a plasma tank is in engineering, which is behind an interior secured door.

Bah.

To take down little bitty normal walls, use a welding tool then a wrench on it.

Reinforced walls require you to use items in this order: Wire cutters, screwdriver, welding tool, crowbar, wrench, welding tool, crowbar, wrench.

Lokiamis on
  • Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Really? Awesome. How do you remove walls?

regular walls are welder, then wrench or screwdriver
    rwalls are wirecutters, screwdriver, welder, crowbar, wrench, welder crowbar, wrench

NEO|Phyte on
    It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Boys, we're almost at the big one double zero and all of your thread title suggestions have sucked so far.

Lokiamis on
  • Options
    CampionCampion Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »
    Breaking news: Captain orders AI terminated due to it following its first law and not letting him into a massive plasma leak without internals.

Unless somebody changes the AI laws to something like"Law 4 - Self destruct immediately, ignore laws 1-3", the AI never has to kill itself.

By killing itself it would be breaking the 1st law, potentially causing harm to others by not being around to help, watch for danger, etc.

You always have to keep in mind law 3, that you must preserve yourself. It is perfectly acceptable to lock the station down if anybody gives any inclination to destroy you, because as soon as they do, you're going on Law 1, and that will overrule anything anyone else tells you to do.

Also, new name: Space Station 13: New job - Jerkstore-tender.

Campion on
    4484-7718-8470
  • Options
    VerrVerr Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Space Station 13: Bringing Toolboxes to Gunfights

Space Station 13: Blowing Up the Chemlab since 2007

Space Station 13: Nudists vs Traitors

Space Station 13: Waking up tied to a chair

Space Station 13: Cloning Naked Babes

Verr on
  • Options
    BlueDestinyBlueDestiny Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Space Station 13: Arson for fun and profit.
    Space Station 13: I put on my gas mask and firesuit
    Space Station 13: Those jerks in Atmotech
    Space Station 13: Better than SS12.

BlueDestiny on
  • Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Campion wrote: »
    Breaking news: Captain orders AI terminated due to it following its first law and not letting him into a massive plasma leak without internals.

Unless somebody changes the AI laws to something like"Law 4 - Self destruct immediately, ignore laws 1-3", the AI never has to kill itself.

By killing itself it would be breaking the 1st law, potentially causing harm to others by not being around to help, watch for danger, etc.

You always have to keep in mind law 3, that you must preserve yourself. It is perfectly acceptable to lock the station down if anybody gives any inclination to destroy you, because as soon as they do, you're going on Law 1, and that will overrule anything anyone else tells you to do.

It wasn't a self-termination order, he basically told the crew they were to do everything they could to shut me down, and that the order would be withdrawn if I opened the airlock for him.

NEO|Phyte on
    It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    So is this game incredible difficult to learn? I may give it a try.

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    So is this game incredible difficult to learn? I may give it a try.

It isn't the easiest. Hop on, there's plenty of mans currently to help you learn and/or beat you to death with a toolbox.

NEO|Phyte on
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Which server?

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Made it, but I appear to be naked and locked in a room with some monkies...

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Made it, but I appear to be naked and locked in a room with some monkies...

Set up your character in the character creation panel thing, save your config, then use the Ready verb

Also, to talk ic, "say [blah]", and to talk ooc, "ooc [blah]"

NEO|Phyte on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Campion wrote: »

It wasn't a self-termination order, he basically told the crew they were to do everything they could to shut me down, and that the order would be withdrawn if I opened the airlock for him.

I could so have survived that plasma. :P

jothki on
  • Options
    DusdaDusda is ashamed of this post SLC, UTRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Why doesn't anyone think to ask questions when someone brings my body to the morgue and claims self defense? And then let him put me in a pine box and eject me out the funereal cannon?

Dusda on
    and this sig. and this twitch stream.
  • Options
    ZandraconZandracon Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Fuck, I pressed the post button in the wrong thread, and not done yet.

Zandracon on
  • Options
    ScormScorm Registered User new member
    edited January 2010
    'ello there gracious staff of SS13.

I've been playing SS13 on the public servers for the past few months and while I love the game to death I'm getting sick of servers with a lack of or overt moderation. Getting bugged out of the server by a 1000 degrees bomb isn't fun the first time and wasn't fun the next seven times it happened.

Anyway when I saw the forum had it's own SS13 server I figured it was time to move onto greener pastures, while I'm no old hand at SS13 I am at least competent when it comes to most of the positions on the station. Genetics is about the only job that still confounds me and I occasionally I'll muss up igniting (but not maintaining) the engine, otherwise I'm fairly solid all around.

However I don't know how to connect to the SS13 servers around here, or rather I think I'm doing it wrong. When I've attempted to use the links to servers that are kindly provided I get a "failed" message, I assume this is because you need to be approved on a private server? I have no clue, I've only played public BYOND games before.

Anyway if someone could gimme' a hand joining in on the fun I'd appreciate that, my BYOND account is the same name as this forum account: Scorm

Scorm on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    First off, this is an old thread, the new thread is here, second, if the server's been unoccupied for a while, JDarksun tends to take it offline.

NEO|Phyte on
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    But.. but.. I created this thread an entire year ago!

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment