As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

No [chat]ting!

• Options
    GreeperGreeper Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Hippie is this the same girl who's been calling you and 'ablooblooin' and making your tiny, adorable mind frazzled?

if so i'd have to question your judgment.

Greeper on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I don't really like most of Whedon's stuff, but Dr. Horrible is pretty great.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Back from the wedding.

There was a lake, but sadly no skinny dipping this time.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited August 2008
    StaxRip is without a doubt the best application for doing video encoding/transcoding. It just brings together all those fucking annoying separate tools you need to do it.

Oh, that looks nice. Handbrake on my Mac is great, but my stationary 'puter is way faster.

Echo on
  • Options
    Wonder_HippieWonder_Hippie __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2008
    Greeper wrote: »
    Hippie is this the same girl who's been calling you and 'ablooblooin' and making your tiny, adorable mind frazzled?

if so i'd have to question your judgment.

Yeah, it is. There's a lot more to our relationship than I've talked about here. I took a bit of abuse, but it was worth it to me.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Abuse is abuse dude. There's never any worth in that shit.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Sure, sure, I'm not denying you have your reasons for everything, Hippie. I mean you're clearly a competent adult with your own specific goals and shit. You make your own decisions and you have to suffer the consequences or reap the benefits, it's your own life after all.

Now if you'll just have a word with these men in the white coats...

Greeper on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Abuse may be too strong of a word.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I'm eating a broccoli sandwich and it's giving me strange sense memories of being a kid. my mom always said I loved broccoli as a kid so I guess it makes sense.

also, I fucking love broccoli. I'm a broccolisexual.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    *holds up firsts*

"...and these are not the hammer.

The hammer is my penis."

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    the best part is he walks away first then comes back.

As though he suddenly thought: "Perhaps that should be clarified."

Greeper on
  • Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I wonder if McDonalds threatened the Olympic athletes before they went to China or right after they arrived in China.

Gim on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Variable wrote: »
    I'm eating a broccoli sandwich and it's giving me strange sense memories of being a kid. my mom always said I loved broccoli as a kid so I guess it makes sense.

What, praytell, is a broccoli sandwich?

Gim on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Gim wrote: »
    I wonder if McDonalds threatened the Olympic athletes before they went to China or right after they arrived in China.

After. Whipping with bamboo reeds hurts, I'd imagine.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    edited August 2008

Don't you hate those? I get a lot of them from seeing old video game covers or playing an old game (yes I was a mega nerd).

Recently I had a huge flashback from being incredibly young (we're talking before I could read) of watching Alf when I saw Alf on Hulu. The flashback was so intense and so full of nostalgia that I actually felt disoriented for a bit. The entire ordeal was incredibly strange, just a few frames of a TV show sent my mind reeling into a past that I can barely recall.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008

bread and broccoli and a little bit of olive oil mayo.

Variable on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I got one of those on this very forum, DUE.

Some guy has an avatar that is the evil fish from Commander Keene that eats you. When I first saw it, I felt afraid and anxious and I didn't know why for like a full minute.

Weird.

Greeper on
  • Options
    edited August 2008

Don't you hate those? I get a lot of them from seeing old video game covers or playing an old game (yes I was a mega nerd).

Recently I had a huge flashback from being incredibly young (we're talking before I could read) of watching Alf when I saw Alf on Hulu. The flashback was so intense and so full of nostalgia that I actually felt disoriented for a bit. The entire ordeal was incredibly strange, just a few frames of a TV show sent my mind reeling into a past that I can barely recall.

I was going through old NES games recently and put in King's Quest and was blown away. I didn't know it by name but seeing it... it was yes, disorienting.

Variable on
  • Options
    edited August 2008

Is the broccoli cut up in any manner?

I need pictures. My imagination is shot.

Gim on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Yawn. Last night I went to bed at 5 am.

Tonight I'm going to try and do a little better.

Goodnight [chat]

"This time, I hope you have only good dreams."

Greeper on
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Bored, so very bored. Maybe I'll get dressed properly and go for a coffee or something.

I hate Sundays.

BobCesca on
  • Options
    edited August 2008

Is the broccoli cut up in any manner?

I need pictures. My imagination is shot.

large broccoli spears laid across the bread.

Variable on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Sounds crunchy.

---

I'm quite tired. But not tired enough to go to sleep. But tired enough to not want to start doing anything else.

Sigh.

Gim on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    BobCesca wrote: »
    Bored, so very bored. Maybe I'll get dressed properly and go for a coffee or something.

I hate Sundays.

Vidja games are the answer.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    sandwich is fucking falling apart. piece of shit.

Variable on
  • Options
    ANTVGM64ANTVGM64 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    So, here's a question:

Does anyone happen to know the title of a story I'm looking for? It's about four teenagers who spend a summer getting high, drunk, and having a gay ole time. When summer ends, all the teenagers decide that life will never be as good as that summer, and elect to kill themselves. All of them do except one, and the entire story is told through the perspective of the one guy who didn't shoot himself.

I figured this being the chat thread and all, this would be the most appropriate place.

ANTVGM64 on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Is this a novel or a short story?

Gim on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    that's fucked up! and you ruined the ending.

Variable on
  • Options
    edited August 2008

I was going through old NES games recently and put in King's Quest and was blown away. I didn't know it by name but seeing it... it was yes, disorienting.

Greeper wrote: »
    I got one of those on this very forum, DUE.

Some guy has an avatar that is the evil fish from Commander Keene that eats you. When I first saw it, I felt afraid and anxious and I didn't know why for like a full minute.

Weird.

That happened to me when I saw this game again
    Chubby%20Cherub.jpg

I honestly did not remember the game until I saw some image of one of its levels a few days ago and then a flood of forgotten memories assaulted my being.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008
    God damn it. There are two kids passed out in my room but they are from a decent frat around here so i'd like to get some pull at their parties.

Also I want to kick them out of my room. GUHH

What happened with you and that hottie from last night, Magikarp?

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    LaOs wrote: »
    God damn it. There are two kids passed out in my room but they are from a decent frat around here so i'd like to get some pull at their parties.

Oh nothing really. We facebooked she was pretty cool but ended up passing out relatively early so I can't really say I got to know her well but she's friends with my roommates girlfriend so i'm sure i'll run into her again.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    We'll meet again
    Don't know where, don't know when
    But I know we'll meet again
    Some sunny day

Gim on
  • Options
    theparttimetheparttime Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    decent buzz. Head a little headachey...not bad. Olympics helps. Phelps and bolts were entertaining as hell

theparttime on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    BobCesca wrote: »

I hate Sundays.

You could try to make sense of things in the Phalla? :P

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited August 2008

Oh nothing really. We facebooked she was pretty cool but ended up passing out relatively early so I can't really say I got to know her well but she's friends with my roommates girlfriend so i'm sure i'll run into her again.

Well, best of luck.

I've resorted to faux-hitting on the older woman who responded to my Cupid.com ad. It's entertaining at least.

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    "No Beatrice, I find your dentures sexy."

Gim on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    "No Beatrice, I find your dentures sexy."

Some fo those biddies--I tell you!...

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited August 2008

Well, best of luck.

I've resorted to faux-hitting on the older woman who responded to my Cupid.com ad. It's entertaining at least.

I don't stand a chance with her. That was incredibly wishful optimism. Oh and you should know that there is no sense in phalla.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008

Well, best of luck.

I don't stand a chance with her. That was incredibly wishful optimism. Oh and you should know that there is no sense in phalla.

Sometimes there is. I've made sense of this one (and had some sense before I died)... although I could be off. Either way, I can understand you not seeing sense in Phalla--it's your style!

I know how you feel about that incredible optimism, though. I met a girl a few weeks ago, we chatted and had a great time talking, and now since I've facebookstalked her and gotten to know more about her, I'm SUPER intimidated by her--she is two leagues out of my league. I may see her Monday though, so here's hoping for the best!

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Good luck with the lady friend Laos. And hey they only definitive thing about my phalla style is the blind ambition. Anyway i'm heading to bed, stop by [chat] more often.

DasUberEdward on
    steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.