As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Interesting, Awesome, or just plain Neat Screenshots (NSF56k)

• Options
    LilithiumLilithium __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2009
    ScreenShot00007.jpg

Lilithium on
    What's that ringing? Ting-ting-a-linging in my head~? Oh, you're always there, making me whole. You're always waiting up for me. You're my first kiss, ever so pure, and ever so defiling, once lost, can never be the same. Fuck me. Violate me. Deny me.
  • Options
    slurpeepoopslurpeepoop Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Well, now that we're actually posting pics again, I would like to take this opportunity to talk about the fearsome Death Knight.

The WoW Death Knight is the elite soldier of Arthas' army, and just the mention of them instills fear and dread in the hearts of everyone, and the mere sight of them can inspire entire armies to flee.

Unless those Death Knights honed their skills in Outland.

dkfashionshow.jpg

Thank god they're almost 68 and can go to Northrend. Their mailbox is constantly bombarded by circuses asking them to sign up.

slurpeepoop on
  • Options
    s3rial ones3rial one Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Well, now that we're actually posting pics again, I would like to take this opportunity to talk about the fearsome Death Knight.

The WoW Death Knight is the elite soldier of Arthas' army, and just the mention of them instills fear and dread in the hearts of everyone, and the mere sight of them can inspire entire armies to flee.

Unless those Death Knights honed their skills in Outland.

dkfashionshow.jpg

Thank god they're almost 68 and can go to Northrend. Their mailbox is constantly bombarded by circuses asking them to sign up.
    2BY50.jpg

s3rial one on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    The hat and stud muffing gloves seal the deal.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Northrend wasn't anywhere near that bad.. most people were complaining that all the questing greens looked the same (proof that you can't please everybody).

TBC was a bit of an abomination though, as I'm sure we all remember.

xzzy on
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2009
    I could go on a rant about how much I hate the implementation of Death Knights in WoW, but I won't.

However, I will say that you're cheating by wearing those terrible tabards.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    I could go on a rant about how much I hate the implementation of Death Knights in WoW, but I won't.

However, I will say that you're cheating by wearing those terrible tabards.

Is this better?

dkfashionshow2.jpg

Funny thing about that tabard. When I first made my alt guild (to escape the pressures of being in a raiding guild), I decided to make the ugliest tabard I could so I wouldn't be harassed with people wanting to join my guild. That pink tabard with the yard gnome on it has gotten more compliments, requests to join, and people asking about my cool guild because of the tabard than all of my "normal" characters in "normal" guilds with "normal" tabards combined.

slurpeepoop on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    My guild has a crimson background with a white muffin on it. It's the best tabard ever.

xzzy on
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2009
    See? You don't attempt to outugly the 60-70 gear.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    GPIA7RGPIA7R Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    xzzy wrote: »
    My guild has a crimson background with a white muffin on it. It's the best tabard ever.

One of my alt-guilds, I did that with a brown background. <The Cake is a Lie>, it was the only fitting tabard for the name.

GPIA7R on
  • Options
    Metal Gear Solid 2 DemoMetal Gear Solid 2 Demo Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Couple screenshots taken over a vast period of time
    A door block we tried to pull off

block.jpg
    Epic screen

gate.jpg
    Another nice vista

vista.jpg
    I spotted my first clown suit chosen

clown.jpg

Metal Gear Solid 2 Demo on
    SteamID- Enders || SC2 ID - BurningCrome.721 || Blogging - Laputan Machine
    1385396-1.png
    Orikae! |RS| : why is everyone yelling 'enders is dead go'
    When I say pop it that means pop it
    heavy.gif
  • Options
    Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    In a reply to that chosen, he could have just dyed it all to make it at least match in colors. Had he done that, it would look very much less clowny.

Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    It was planned by Tzeentch for him to be a clown.

Mr.Sunshine on
  • Options
    ArkanArkan Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Well, Tzeentch is a big sparkly purple lizard-bird thing, if the Greater Daemons are anything to go by...

Arkan on
    Big, honkin' pile of WoW characters
    I think it's hard for someone not to rage at mario kart, while shouting "Fuck you Donkey Kong. Whose dick did you suck to get all those red shells?"
  • Options
    Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Arkan wrote: »
    Well, Tzeentch is a big sparkly purple lizard-bird thing, if the Greater Daemons are anything to go by...

Slaneesh is a herm.

Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    ArkanArkan Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Yes, but that's entirely beside the point.

Arkan on
    Big, honkin' pile of WoW characters
    I think it's hard for someone not to rage at mario kart, while shouting "Fuck you Donkey Kong. Whose dick did you suck to get all those red shells?"
  • Options
    HavelockHavelock Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Morskittar wrote: »
    This guy had some weapons confusion when leaving the Realm of Chaos:
    Goatrider_004%202009.04.12.1003.42.jpg

What addons are you running Morsk?

I really dig the streamlined-ness of your UI...it looks so much more clean than the vanillia WAR UI that I'm stuck with.

Havelock on
  • Options
    KazakaKazaka Asleep Counting SheepRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I saw some LoTRO screens and I seriously suspect that that game raeps the shit out of one's comp.

Is this true? Because if it's not and that game can be played on mortal rigs, fuck all, I'm switching.

Kazaka on
  • Options
    DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Kazaka wrote: »
    I saw some LoTRO screens and I seriously suspect that that game raeps the shit out of one's comp.

Is this true? Because if it's not and that game can be played on mortal rigs, fuck all, I'm switching.

Not really. It uses alot of graphical tricks, such as switching distant trees and whatnot into 2d. On max, it does run at about 45 fps on my 2 year old system, so it'd probably run at 60 on max on a brand new machine.

Its definitely the best looking MMO on the market, though. Really makes you feel like you are in Middle Earth.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    ArchonexArchonex No hard feelings, right? Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    clown.jpg
    In a reply to that chosen, he could have just dyed it all to make it at least match in colors. Had he done that, it would look very much less clowny.

I feel famous. The Chosen in that picture is mine, actually.

Archonex on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Kazaka wrote: »

Not really. It uses alot of graphical tricks, such as switching distant trees and whatnot into 2d. On max, it does run at about 45 fps on my 2 year old system, so it'd probably run at 60 on max on a brand new machine.

Its definitely the best looking MMO on the market, though. Really makes you feel like you are in Middle Earth.

At the end of that red bit, I was confronted with a serious moral conundrum.
    I must withdraw for now and consider my options.

Kazaka on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Archonex wrote: »
    clown.jpg

I feel famous. The rainbow colored Chosen in that picture is mine, actually.

Well sir, I must inform you that you are in fact wearing a clown suit

Going to join up with the PA destro guild we're trying to get going?

1385396-1.png
    heavy.gif
  • Options
    ArchonexArchonex No hard feelings, right? Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Archonex wrote: »
    clown.jpg

I feel famous. The rainbow colored Chosen in that picture is mine, actually.

Well sir, I must inform you that you are in fact wearing a clown suit

Going to join up with the PA destro guild we're trying to get going?

Already posted my character name in the thread. Just waiting for it to get set up.

And what are you talking about? I look awesome for how I play.

Who do you think Order is going to focus on first? The guy who's decked out in charcoal black platemail, wielding a giant greatsword forged from the tears of a thousand children, or the prancing asshole in rainbow colored armor with an axe and shield?
    They should go after me first, actually. Almost all of that gear is blues, purps, and high end greens, meaning I can tear through entire groups of T2 Order players. I'm just too cheap to dye it back to my old dark green nurgle-ish color. :P

Archonex on
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    lotro eh. I made some screenshots during my week off. First I was looking for a Garth Agarwen fellowship and got hooked up with 2 lev60s from another guild who were helping their lower levels.

This is at the zone border between Lone Lands and Trollshawls
    lotroclient2009-04-1317-36-19-70.jpg

And these are from the final two boss fights, spoilered for slightly less beautiful
    lotroclient2009-04-1319-50-47-24.jpg
    lotroclient2009-04-1319-54-30-43.jpg
    lotroclient2009-04-1319-57-35-71.jpg

Later I finished up the Inn League quests, the idea is that you accept the quest, pick up the required alcohol and deliver it within one hour, but of course I cheated and bought all the booze in advance. Anyway, still a long hike for a wee little lev40 through higher level zones:

Forochell: lotroclient2009-04-1519-35-44-31.jpg
    Misty Mountains: lotroclient2009-04-1519-56-30-70.jpg
    Angmar, the chieftain looked cool, 's why. Also, see how the character models aren't any where near as nice as the landscapes. lotroclient2009-04-1518-31-58-86.jpg

Also, troll caves in North Downs: lotroclient2009-04-1815-27-26-05.jpg

Aldo on
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    God, fucking hell.

If a lot of that is graphical trickery, then full props need to go out to the team who designed it. Fucking gorgeous.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    God, fucking hell.

If a lot of that is graphical trickery, then full props need to go out to the team who designed it. Fucking gorgeous.
    there's so many graphical flaws if you look closer, though. Especially shadows are off, in the screen of Forochel the sun and my shadow do not match up at all. I guess the only reason why I notice this is because everything else is of rather high quality.

Aldo on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    It's kind of annoying how the character models don't match the quality of the scenery.

xzzy on
  • Options
    DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    God, fucking hell.

Those are condensed images. But I didn't mean graphical trickery to be in any way demeaning to the game. It looks fantastic. Goes to show that an MMO doesn't have to have outdated looking graphics.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    No no, I wasn't insinuating you did. A artistic graphical team that can work with a less powerful engine and use small but efficient tricks to pull of amazing works get more props from me than a team that uses a powerful but terribly bulky engine to do the same.

Cilla Black on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    A4.jpg

A7m.jpg

EDIT: Kazaka, just to reiterate what Disruptor said, the game really isn't that hardware-intensive. I'm running this on a laptop at 1680x1050. Specs are a 9600M GT (roughly equal to a desktop 9500), T9400 Core2Duo, and 4GB DDR800. I use the "high" settings to keep the framerate up (as opposed to ultra-high, which all my screenshots are in), but the game is very playable.

I'm building a new rig in about a month specifically to handle this at ultra-high and 1920x1200, and it's looking to be in the ballpark of $700.

s3rial one on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Ugh look at that repeated water texture

next please

1385396-1.png
    heavy.gif
  • Options
    SkayelSkayel Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Silverwing
    eq2000025.jpg

Xygoz sleeping
    eq2000007.jpg

Zarrakon
    eq2000003p.jpg

Hoshkar
    eq2000023.jpg

Mini dragons poking fun at each other
    eq2000013.jpg
    eq2000015.jpg

Skayel on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Ugh look at that repeated water texture

next please

You are a callous and hardened man - what one might call "bitch-hard".

Yeah, I checked out the LOTRO thread itself and I am only worsening my own quagmire with each foray into the game's community.

"Ooh, you can play music? In game? On instrume- oh dear god it's sucking me in

Kazaka on
  • Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    A duck! wrote: »
    OR HOW ABOUT EVERYONE SHUTS THE FUCK UP FOREVER AND EVER.

This is a thread about screenshots and funny stories that accompany them. It's been proven to me time and time again that when discussions pop up regarding the technical merits of these games the thread devolves into a shitstorm. If someone wants to make a thread regarding engines and tech specs, do so. If I see this thread continue to veer off I'm just going to axe it.

If I weren't at work, I'd post an actual picture with this.

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Remember these jackasses from a page back?

dkfashionshow2.jpg

They finally graduated out of Outland, and the second they hit 70, those clown suits were a thing of the past! They now look like the Gen 1 Cybertron Transformers.

dkfashionshow3.jpg

slurpeepoop on
  • Options
    Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

snip

They finally graduated out of Outland, and the second they hit 70, those clown suits were a thing of the past! They now look like the Gen 1 Cybertron Transformers.

snip

http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/5/58/ReflectorG1.jpg ?

Mr.Sunshine on
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Not exactly a well-done screenshot, with awful graphics settings, but I had to snap it in a hurry before the debuff ran off. Krystallus' Stoned debuff happened to interact with my warlock's gear in a way I felt was quite effective, and which I slightly wish was an effect I could have more often.

stonedg.jpg

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    edited April 2009

snip

snip

http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/5/58/ReflectorG1.jpg ?

No, I was thinking of the robots on Cybertron who never got the Earth makeover.

blurrarcee.jpg

slurpeepoop on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    The last time a MMO city impressed me as much as Rivendell was the first time I saw Kelethin in EQ almost a decade ago.

C3M.jpg

C3g.jpg

(as usual, click for the full size)

s3rial one on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Too bad it's a bitch to navigate through. :x bank<-->auction house is like a 4 minute walk.

Aldo on
This discussion has been closed.