As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[SWAT 4 Game On] Guys, Guys Look, This Game Is Awesome. Let's Play This.

• Options
    InzignaInzigna Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    What day is this fabled 'day off' for you?

Inzigna on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    SammyFSammyF Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Inzigna wrote: »

My Friday.... I guess it's probably going to be part of your Saturday, you crazy person with your crazy datelines. I'm in the Eastern US Timezone so I'll hopefully be back in four hours, time to get moving.

SammyF on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    SammyF wrote: »

My Friday.... I guess it's probably going to be part of your Saturday, you crazy person with your crazy datelines. I'm in the Eastern US Timezone so I'll hopefully be back in four hours, time to get moving.

I'm not crazy.

I'm special.

Inzigna on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    AmpixAmpix Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    So guys, remember that I bought the wrong copy? Well Direct2Drive was very nice and refunded the money, so later today I'll play some SWAT4 with you guys!

Ampix on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Ampix wrote: »
    So guys, remember that I bought the wrong copy? Well Direct2Drive was very nice and refunded the money, so later today I'll play some SWAT4 with you guys!
    That's really awesome, bolstered my faith in the service, might just check it out for SWAT4 Gold.

On another note, I'm just here.

Waiting for your nights to come and my morning to arrive. Should I take a nap while I wait for joy. Or do I wait patiently. God.

Fuck my cursed timezone.

Inzigna on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Hey guys, so I was looking for mods for SWAT4 Vanilla, and found this. Not sure if its any good, but it sounds interesting enough.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/11-99-enhancement-mod/downloads/11-99-enhancement-mod-v13

Inzigna on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    SammyFSammyF Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Hmm. Might be worth checking out just for the new maps (if they're well designed). SWAT's pretty good at randomizing things so you never know how exactly how many suspects and how many civies you're going to find in a map, and it adds to replayability, but there's nothing quite as good as an entirely new map.

If it's well designed.

...I suppose it goes without saying that I did *NOT* get to leave work at noon today.

SammyF on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    You made me wait for nothing you little bitch.
    I'm just kidding, please play with me.

Inzigna on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Dr SnofeldDr Snofeld Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Are we playing? There's no-one on Vent...

Dr Snofeld on
    l4d_sig.png
  • Options
    ZetxZetx 🐧 Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    Sno, get on vent, we have 4 total over here. Will attempt to wrangle up a game.

Zetx on
    76561197966849367.png
  • Options
    subediisubedii Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    I might be up, my net connections been iffy the past few days. In Hamachi?

subedii on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    God damn this is annoying, I've got the entire file downloaded (gold edition from D2D) but the .exe just won't open. I double click it, my computer starts whizzing and everything, but nothing happens. The only thing I can do is restart to calm it down again. I'm running vista, I guess I'll try booting it in windows XP mode. (But I've never had a problem with an install file not working before)

EDIT: Well apparently I have to install it on an XP computer, than transfer the files over, how retarded is that?

EDIT2: Wow, after 15 minutes (seriously) the request for admin powers popped up and the install started.

Ampix on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Ampix, get on Vent when you can, we're playing Stechkov.

subedii on
  • Options
    tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited August 2008
    God damn this is annoying, I've got the entire file downloaded (gold edition from D2D) but the .exe just won't open. I double click it, my computer starts whizzing and everything, but nothing happens. The only thing I can do is restart to calm it down again. I'm running vista, I guess I'll try booting it in windows XP mode. (But I've never had a problem with an install file not working before)

EDIT: Well apparently I have to install it on an XP computer, than transfer the files over, how retarded is that?

EDIT2: Wow, after 15 minutes (seriously) the request for admin powers popped up and the install started.
    You have to wait for it to unpack.

tofu on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Oh man there is nothing like spending two minutes planning a two-pronged room breach and having it go exactly to plan.

There's also nothing like trying it and losing a team-mate, but other than that we were a well-oiled machine that round. Shame about all the Anauthorised Use of Deadly Force.

Dr Snofeld on
    l4d_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Sorry I couldn't get on tonight guys, but Hamachi just doesn't work on my computer. I'm just happy I finally got Ventrilo working somewhat decently.

I tried to set my settings for widescreen, but I couldn't find the swat4.ini file anywhere, this was the same for the expansion. Would my install directory be different because I have the D2D version?

Ampix on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Sorry I couldn't get on tonight guys, but Hamachi just doesn't work on my computer. I'm just happy I finally got Ventrilo working somewhat decently.

I tried to set my settings for widescreen, but I couldn't find the swat4.ini file anywhere, this was the same for the expansion. Would my install directory be different because I have the D2D version?

Those files don't appear until you've run the game at least once. Just boot it up, go to the menu, and quit. Same with the expansion.

Dr Snofeld on
    l4d_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Man, we finally get all the custom maps in, everyone's online and... gone to dinner. :lol:

subedii on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    subedii wrote: »
    Man, we finally get all the custom maps in, everyone's online and... gone to dinner. :lol:

Custom wha? Link me so I can be ready for next time!

Dr Snofeld on
    l4d_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Dr Snofeld wrote: »

Custom wha? Link me so I can be ready for next time!

Exoplasm's hosting them:

http://gs85.com/swat/

Two executables. Point them in the direction of your SWAT 4 folder and it'll put the maps into your maps folder (if not you can copy them).

You may also want to copy those custom maps across to your addon-pack folder.

subedii on
  • Options
    exoplasmexoplasm Gainfully Employed Near Blizzard HQRegistered User regular
    edited August 2008

What is it exactly you have trouble with in hamachi?

exoplasm on
    1029386-1.png
    SC2 NA: exoplasm.519 | PA SC2 Mumble Server | My Website | My Stream
  • Options
    edited August 2008

Those files don't appear until you've run the game at least once. Just boot it up, go to the menu, and quit. Same with the expansion.

I've run the games, both of them, the file doesn't show up.
    exoplasm wrote:
    Ampix wrote: View Post

What it's supposed to do, I think, is to trick windows into thinking that it's connected to a lan network, even though it's actually internet right? I've tried to get this to work for TF2 for a very long time, but it just never worked. Now too, I joined the SWAT4PA group, and then searched for a lan game in the expansion, but I couldn't find anything. Vista said Hamachi was connected but with insufficient connection possibilities.

Another problem right now is that my DHCP server is switched off, and Hamachi says it can't work with that. I'm going to try turning it back on tomorrow, maybe that will help.

Ampix on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008

exoplasm wrote:

What it's supposed to do, I think, is to trick windows into thinking that it's connected to a lan network, even though it's actually internet right? I've tried to get this to work for TF2 for a very long time, but it just never worked. Now too, I joined the SWAT4PA group, and then searched for a lan game in the expansion, but I couldn't find anything. Vista said Hamachi was connected but with insufficient connection possibilities.

Another problem right now is that my DHCP server is switched off, and Hamachi says it can't work with that. I'm going to try turning it back on tomorrow, maybe that will help.

Valve games don't really play nice with Hamachi because it wants a Class C ip, otherwise it should be fine...

Zetx on
    76561197966849367.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008

exoplasm wrote:

Well basically what we've been doing is entering Zetx's IP into the direct connection thingummy. We don't see the game either. It's bizarre.

Dr Snofeld on
    l4d_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Zetx wrote: »

exoplasm wrote:

Valve games don't really play nice with Hamachi because it wants a Class C ip, otherwise it should be fine...

I'll try again tomorrow, but I'm not entirely sure how to go about switching my DHCP back on (I turned it off because I thought it caused a problem with my internet), so that's why I'm waiting till tomorrow, I have to ask a friend.

Ampix on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008

exoplasm wrote:

I'll try again tomorrow, but I'm not entirely sure how to go about switching my DHCP back on (I turned it off because I thought it caused a problem with my internet), so that's why I'm waiting till tomorrow, I have to ask a friend.

Hmm, uh, yeah turning it off probably causes more problems than turning it on. Depending on where you turned it on or off. But if you can get on hamachi and in a channel, then you're good. make sure the hamachi connection has DHCP enabled (it wont affect your internets, i promise).

exoplasm on
    1029386-1.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Night all, good games tonight.

It was fun having a whole squad for once. Personally though I prefer the campaign missions to the custom ones. The suspects pretty much never surrender and they're often in crazy brutal positions.

subedii on
  • Options
    edited August 2008

It was fun having a whole squad for once. Personally though I prefer the campaign missions to the custom ones. The suspects pretty much never surrender and they're often in crazy brutal positions.

Yeah we just need to weed out the crappy custom maps. There are some good custom ones in there, I promise.

Also, get a mic.

edit: also more mans. get in!

hamachi: swat4pa / wang
    i'm hosting non-expansion maps right now

exoplasm on
    1029386-1.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    exoplasm wrote: »

Yeah we just need to weed out the crappy custom maps. There are some good custom ones in there, I promise.

Also, get a mic.

I have a mic. I can't go blabbing into it at stupid-O-clock in the morning (which is whenever we play).

subedii on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Okay guys. I'm sick and tired of waiting my days away only to eventually sleep through all the action.

I'm fucking migrating.

On a more serious note, is it possible to give me a time so I can plan my day ahead in anticipation? I really want to play some SWAT4 with you fine folks.

Edit: Have you guys been playing the expansion? I guess I've lucked out on this Game On. =(

Inzigna on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Okay guys. I'm sick and tired of waiting my days away only to eventually sleep through all the action.

I'm fucking migrating.

On a more serious note, is it possible to give me a time so I can plan my day ahead in anticipation? I really want to play some SWAT4 with you fine folks.

Edit: Have you guys been playing the expansion? I guess I've lucked out on this Game On. =(

I think they're playing right now... and we've just started the exp.

Zetx on
    76561197966849367.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008

I'm fucking migrating.

Yeah, but I guess I'll still have to find the expansion real soon though.

Inzigna on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008

I'm fucking migrating.

I think they're playing the original right now. You really oughta hop onto Vent and see what's up. (Also, download the custom maps that should be around here somewhere on the thread...)

Zetx on
    76561197966849367.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008

I'm fucking migrating.

I think they're playing the original right now. You really oughta hop onto Vent and see what's up. (Also, download the custom maps that should be around here somewhere on the thread...)

We play vanilla or expansion depending on who's around. If there are players who don't have the expansion then we just play regular. We try to play with as many people as possible, so it's not really an inconvenient thing or anything.

Except for me of course. I'm going to have to burn some .ISO's or something to prevent a re-run of the disc swapping marathon that was last night. I think I must have swapped about 5 or 6 times at least. :lol:

subedii on
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I suggest that the next time we play expansion we turn off whatever option auto-allocates a leader to each team. Because I'll be the first to admit it went right to my head.

Dr Snofeld on
    l4d_sig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I suggest that the next time we play expansion we turn off whatever option auto-allocates a leader to each team. Because I'll be the first to admit it went right to my head.

Hahahahahah. I think we have to vote we enter the mission proper in order to assign leaders.

Zetx on
    76561197966849367.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    You guys playing now?

Inzigna on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    any mans up for a game right now?