Options

Mod Team go!

DeusfauxDeusfaux Registered User regular
K so whippy said (in a chatlog) that additional moderators is a good idea and pretty much will be happening, with that I wanted to add a couple things:

I had a post typed up the other night (but couldnt cuz im jailed post it here) about how specifically there have a been a # of recent incidents where shock images or whatnot was posted in breaks in moderation, typically in the middle of the night (for NA).

a few of those times the poster said "I just waited for X to leave so I could post this:"

last time cat was fast as she could be coming from another forum, but the stuff is up for a fair amount of time as there is noone from G&T to see it right there in the first place.


so... maybe some more UK / other timezone mods would be a good consideration.





ALSO, ceres just ranted about how G&T doesnt need new blood, the G&T mods do (she was hating on the mods, bascially :roll:).

The one thing I think you may be able to agree with her, for the same reasons new blood to the community at large is good, is that shaking up the mod team a little more often, with the injection of new faces is probably a good thing too.

I mean, you have mods who sorta stop posting or cant really commit to their duties as much anymore, or just have been here for long its hard to have the perspective of the outside looking in (liek new members we should be welcoming).

im in no way suggesting de-modding long standing moderators (i dont see any fair or nice way of doing that) (temporary positions for some?) - besides they have value in other ways of course too (they know how things roll).

if somehow possible though, seeing more new faces would be neat too. maybe mods who arent forumers who have also been around forever and forever, but newish people who have demonstrated knowledge of the rules and would simply do a good job (without having to be a stodgy old coot? :P)

/end

Deusfaux on
«1

Posts

  • Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Yes. I suggest hiring more mods.

    Swedish ones specifically. <

    Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator Mod Emeritus
    edited September 2006
    Are you drunk?

    Knob for G&T Mod

    Knob on
  • Options
    DeusfauxDeusfaux Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    no but very very very tired

    knob is still a mod on his toes, we'll put him out to pasture another day



    or to the glue factory

    he will make a nice batch of elmer's

    Deusfaux on
  • Options
    EinhanderEinhander __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2006
    Can I have my own badge? I don't care if it says "Asshole" or "Dick", I just want one. Don't have to have any special abilities, just a badge.

    Also, more mods sounds good. Mod blackouts in the middle of the night usually lead to shock images or just general asshattery. Having a more diverse assembly of mods (in terms of geographical location) would be nice so that there would always be a decent moderator presence on the board no matter what time of the day or night it was.

    Einhander on
  • Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator Mod Emeritus
    edited September 2006
    99% of the time I am on late at night. Occasionally I get pm's when something's gone wrong and there are penises all over. Mostly I don't.



    Also, I would be the best G&T mod ever.

    Knob on
  • Options
    Mr. Yos MannMr. Yos Mann Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    I propose that we have a magical conch that will summon the mods in your thread location.

    Mr. Yos Mann on
    shinichiropot2.gif
  • Options
    EinhanderEinhander __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2006
    Knob wrote:
    99% of the time I am on late at night. Occasionally I get pm's when something's gone wrong and there are penises all over. Mostly I don't.



    Also, I would be the best G&T mod ever.

    So what exactly is considered cross-modding? Like, if someone is posting penises and you come in and shut them down, that's kosher, right? I mean, how much of a dick does somebody have to be before a mod from anotehr forum can get involved?

    Einhander on
  • Options
    KnobKnob TURN THE BEAT BACK InternetModerator Mod Emeritus
    edited September 2006
    Einhander wrote:
    Knob wrote:
    99% of the time I am on late at night. Occasionally I get pm's when something's gone wrong and there are penises all over. Mostly I don't.



    Also, I would be the best G&T mod ever.

    So what exactly is considered cross-modding? Like, if someone is posting penises and you come in and shut them down, that's kosher, right? I mean, how much of a dick does somebody have to be before a mod from anotehr forum can get involved?

    If it's something like some guy just being dumb, or a thread that people don't like, I won't bother.

    Shock images and sitewhores and spambots and blatant trolls and raids are good things to get ahold of other mods for if yours aren't around. Basically just ask yourself how damaging the thing is if it isn't resolved immediately.

    Also, I would bring everyone cookies on Fridays

    Knob on
  • Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    I'd bring them cookies and drinks

    91164Bombay!.jpg

    Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    The CatThe Cat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2006
    Is that a pickled onion? I don't know man...


    the shock images you've been getting are pretty lame, and infrequent. I mean, apart from this one guy that's been hanging around, it hasn't happened in ages. Doesn't seem like that big a deal to me *shrug*

    The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
  • Options
    BigDesBigDes Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    The Cat wrote:
    Is that a pickled onion? I don't know man...


    the shock images you've been getting are pretty lame, and infrequent. I mean, apart from this one guy that's been hanging around, it hasn't happened in ages. Doesn't seem like that big a deal to me *shrug*
    Makes the day more exciting as well. It's like a suspense thriller sometimes.

    BigDes on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    StarfuckStarfuck Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2006
    If Whippy could figure out a way to clone CT to mod all forums, the world would be a happier place.

    CT for SuperMod!

    Starfuck on
    jackfaces
    "If you're going to play tiddly winks, play it with man hole covers."
    - John McCallum
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited September 2006
    I'll take anymodship I can get. First G&T, the D&D, and then the world! Muahahhahaha!

    Fencingsax on
  • Options
    GimeCGimeC Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    I think I'm a pretty somewhat newish, unbiased guy. (Newish in the sense that I understand the rules but I'm not so old as to loudly complain if they're changed.) I frequent most of the GnT threads even if I don't post in them, and I don't think I belong to any "cliques". I'm also active usually in the mid-afternoon to nightish (EST) - I don't always see mods around earlier in the afternoon, and as such I could help fill that gap. Just throwing that out there. :^:

    GimeC on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    The Cat wrote:
    Is that a pickled onion? I don't know man...


    the shock images you've been getting are pretty lame, and infrequent. I mean, apart from this one guy that's been hanging around, it hasn't happened in ages. Doesn't seem like that big a deal to me *shrug*
    I believe those are olives, actually.

    Thanatos on
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2006
    Starfuck wrote:
    If Whippy could figure out a way to clone CT to mod all forums, the world would be a happier place.

    CT for SuperMod!
    I like this plan.

    Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    FierceDeity666FierceDeity666 Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    i fully support giving CT mod powers in all boards.

    FierceDeity666 on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited September 2006
    NOOOOOOOOO[/vader]

    Fencingsax on
  • Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Deusfaux wrote:
    K so whippy said (in a chatlog) that additional moderators is a good idea and pretty much will be happening, with that I wanted to add a couple things:

    I had a post typed up the other night (but couldnt cuz im jailed post it here) about how specifically there have a been a # of recent incidents where shock images or whatnot was posted in breaks in moderation, typically in the middle of the night (for NA).

    a few of those times the poster said "I just waited for X to leave so I could post this:"

    last time cat was fast as she could be coming from another forum, but the stuff is up for a fair amount of time as there is noone from G&T to see it right there in the first place.


    so... maybe some more UK / other timezone mods would be a good consideration.





    ALSO, ceres just ranted about how G&T doesnt need new blood, the G&T mods do (she was hating on the mods, bascially :roll:).

    The one thing I think you may be able to agree with her, for the same reasons new blood to the community at large is good, is that shaking up the mod team a little more often, with the injection of new faces is probably a good thing too.

    I mean, you have mods who sorta stop posting or cant really commit to their duties as much anymore, or just have been here for long its hard to have the perspective of the outside looking in (liek new members we should be welcoming).

    im in no way suggesting de-modding long standing moderators (i dont see any fair or nice way of doing that) (temporary positions for some?) - besides they have value in other ways of course too (they know how things roll).

    if somehow possible though, seeing more new faces would be neat too. maybe mods who arent forumers who have also been around forever and forever, but newish people who have demonstrated knowledge of the rules and would simply do a good job (without having to be a stodgy old coot? :P)

    /end

    in regards to that eye-roll, you do realize she's a mod too, right?

    Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited September 2006
    Nope. She quit moddin'.

    Echo on
  • Options
    Ghost Rider 2099Ghost Rider 2099 Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    I think you need to unban some folks and make them mods. It's so crazy it just might work.

    Ghost Rider 2099 on
    5.gifCrackdown_21.thumbnail.jpgI follow console news because it's fun, like tracking the rivalries in what was once called the World Wrestling Federation. There are larger than life characters. There are signature techniques.
  • Options
    Captain KCaptain K Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    I think you need to unban some folks and make them mods. It's so crazy it just might work.
    Juan would mod with an iron cock.

    I mean fist.

    Captain K on
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2006
    I think you need to unban some folks and make them mods. It's so crazy it just might work.

    Or it just might be crazy.

    Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    Ghost Rider 2099Ghost Rider 2099 Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    I think you need to unban some folks and make them mods. It's so crazy it just might work.

    Or it just might be crazy.

    Then it will definitely work. Seriously. Look at Steve Jobs and Disney.

    Ghost Rider 2099 on
    5.gifCrackdown_21.thumbnail.jpgI follow console news because it's fun, like tracking the rivalries in what was once called the World Wrestling Federation. There are larger than life characters. There are signature techniques.
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2006
    I think you need to unban some folks and make them mods. It's so crazy it just might work.

    Or it just might be crazy.

    Then it will definitely work. Seriously. Look at Steve Jobs and Disney.

    I think your logic is flawed. Your asignment is to argue the counterpoint for your argument now so you can spot this flaw.

    Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    Ghost Rider 2099Ghost Rider 2099 Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    I think you need to unban some folks and make them mods. It's so crazy it just might work.

    Or it just might be crazy.

    Then it will definitely work. Seriously. Look at Steve Jobs and Disney.

    I think your logic is flawed. Your asignment is to argue the counterpoint for your argument now so you can spot this flaw.

    Out of all the people whome they have banned how do the choose a finite #.
    What if a mod comes in with bitterness and resentment and does irreparable damage?
    The whole point of them being mods is so that they can only share it with the like minded and to oppress those that are not so. Giving power to those whome they have shunned may have unpleasant ramifications.
    Forcing the mods to mod the banned may cause them to go and look for the most destructive banned people in hope of teaching those above them, us, a lesson.
    It came from me.

    Those are all the things I can imagine a mod must think when they read my crazy idea.

    Ghost Rider 2099 on
    5.gifCrackdown_21.thumbnail.jpgI follow console news because it's fun, like tracking the rivalries in what was once called the World Wrestling Federation. There are larger than life characters. There are signature techniques.
  • Options
    CymoroCymoro Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    I vote myself mod of being funky fresh.

    Cymoro on
    i am perpetual, i make the country clean
  • Options
    BamelinBamelin Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    I'd love to be a mod. 8)

    Bamelin on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Bamelin wrote:
    I'd love to be a mod. 8)

    Unrequited love hurts like nothing else.

    DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    BamelinBamelin Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    I know, I just got bitch slapped in the other thread. I suppose I WAS asking for it.

    Bamelin on
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    edited September 2006
    Rankenphile for Mod 2006!

    Campaign slogan: What's the worst that could happen?

    Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    LightReaperLightReaper Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Rankenphile for Mod 2006!

    Campaign slogan: What's the worst that could happen?

    You take away chat threads and tell them to go to the forum cesspool?

    LightReaper on
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    edited September 2006
    Rankenphile for Mod 2006!

    Campaign slogan: What's the worst that could happen?

    You take away chat threads and tell them to go to the forum cesspool?

    Well, sounds like a bitter mister so-and-so just lost his chance to be my running mate.

    Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    LightReaperLightReaper Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Rankenphile for Mod 2006!

    Campaign slogan: What's the worst that could happen?

    You take away chat threads and tell them to go to the forum cesspool?

    Well, sounds like a bitter mister so-and-so just lost his chance to be my running mate.

    :o

    Oh noes.

    LightReaper on
  • Options
    ceresceres When the last moon is cast over the last star of morning And the future has past without even a last desperate warningRegistered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    edited September 2006
    I just feel the need to say here that I really wasn't just venting, or "hating on" the mods. I had a specific point with that.

    That point was that when a mod has grown to hate their community, it's probably time for them to pass the torch to someone who can be more fair and unbiased to everyone. It would really be best to do so before that happens, or before they come to hate their colleagues outright, which is what I tried to do. Lead by example, and all that. Guess it doesn't always work in real life.

    Right now there is a policy of "let a mod stay a mod no matter what until they go to the admin and beg to quit", and this is really a terrible idea. I agree that it's good to have experienced people in there, but it should be experienced people who like what they do. There's no accountability whatsoever right now. I can protect my forum from shitty users, but when a mod wants to come in and be nasty for the sake of being nasty I have no recourse. Sure, I can talk to them about it, but if they don't like what I have to say they can feel free to ignore me and continue. Personally, I can't work like that.

    That's why I quit. That's the only reason. I don't approve of what's gone down in G&T in the least, but it's not why I quit. I didn't name names with that little rant, or leak important info, or do anything other than express an unfavorable opinion. When I can't do that anymore (and in the place that had clearly been allocated for it) it's as good as being asked to leave.

    ceres on
    And it seems like all is dying, and would leave the world to mourn
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited September 2006
    Bamelin wrote:
    I'd love to be a mod. 8)

    Right after you fly out here and suck my dick.

    Tube on
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Bamelin wrote:
    I'd love to be a mod. 8)

    Right after you fly out here and suck my dick.

    Is that an offer?

    Fencingsax on
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    Rankenphile for Mod 2006!

    Campaign slogan: What's the worst that could happen?

    You take away chat threads and tell them to go to the forum cesspool?

    Well, sounds like a bitter mister so-and-so just lost his chance to be my running mate.

    Can I be your running mate? You can do all the mod stuff - I'll just take the power and abuse it horribly. We can be like "Good Cop/Bad Cop".

    Lindsay Lohan on
  • Options
    RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator Mod Emeritus
    edited September 2006
    Herby wrote:
    Rankenphile for Mod 2006!

    Campaign slogan: What's the worst that could happen?

    You take away chat threads and tell them to go to the forum cesspool?

    Well, sounds like a bitter mister so-and-so just lost his chance to be my running mate.

    Can I be your running mate? You can do all the mod stuff - I'll just take the power and abuse it horribly. We can be like "Good Cop/Bad Cop".

    No.

    You are not a Bad Enough Dude.

    Rankenphile on
    8406wWN.png
  • Options
    GiganticusGiganticus Registered User regular
    edited September 2006
    putting forward my interest for the position that lets me jail and ban people 8)

    Giganticus on
This discussion has been closed.