As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

New Show: Heroes

• Options
    BuntaBunta Registered User regular
    edited December 2006

For that price, she'd better be anatomically correct. :x

Bunta on
  • Options
    aquabataquabat Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Oh the things I would do to that doll...

aquabat on
  • Options
    MerovingiMerovingi regular
    edited December 2006
    Bunta wrote:
    Dajian wrote:
    re: Matt
    [spoiler:b89f911d9d]
    Why do you guys think the Hatian is blocking Matt's power in the bar? He looks at him reads his mind and passes out. The Hatian knocks people out and wipes thier memory. Who is to say that when Matt made the mental link the Hatian was not able to just use his power to knowck Matt out? Matt was still using his powers in the bar with the Hatian there. It was not until Matt started hearing the Hatian (static) that he passed out. This would also explain the scene where Matt is listening in on Hatian and Bennet where he has trouble reading things because the Hatians thoughts are static to Matt but Bennets are not and he is able to get a word out of it. Niether Bennet or the Hatian had reason to be activly block Matt's power which means Matt just cannot hear the Hatian due to a property of the Hatians power. meh just an idea.
    [/spoiler:b89f911d9d]

[spoiler:b89f911d9d]I make the association between "hearing the static" and the blocking of Matt's power. Matt has heard the static 3 times (at the bar, Claire's interrogation, and stakeout at the "paper factory".) Only once (at the bar) has he been knocked out. Also, when Claire is being interrogated, he is not trying to read the Haitian's mind (he's trying to read Claire's or Claire's dad's) yet as we find out the Haitian happens to be just down the hall, which strongly suggests to me, that the Haitian was blocking was blocking Matt's ability.

Also (speculation again), I think that the Haitian knows/senses Matt, but he doesn't let on to Dad that he knows about Matt. But the Haitian lets Matt get the word Syler out of the conversation to give him a clue. Since we have seen that the Haitian doesn't completely buy into what Dad's organization is doing.

[spoiler:b89f911d9d]If the haitian really has a blocking power, how was Nate able to fly away in vegas?[/spoiler:b89f911d9d]

Clarification:
    [spoiler:b89f911d9d]I apologize for not making myself clearer in that post (stated it better earlier on). I don't claim that he can block any power, just "mind-affecting powers" like Matt's and Eve's. I think this falls into place with the Haitian is a master telepath and not just a mindwiper like others have proposed.[/spoiler:b89f911d9d]

I agree with Chrono on this one:

[spoiler:b89f911d9d]
    The Hatian is only able to block mental abilities such as telepathy. He can obviously erase memories but I don't think he has the ability to knock people out (well, maybe Matt but I believe he was drugged). I also believe he can essentially "jam" abilities like Telepathy which is why he's so effective against Matt.

Merovingi on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    stigweardstigweard Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Is anyone watching the repeats on NBC tonight? They are showing clips for next week in between commercials. Hiro's sword [spoiler:26a0f7b585] has the 'hero symbol' on it.[/spoiler:26a0f7b585] That seems kind of odd.

stigweard on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited January 2007
    stigweard wrote:
    Is anyone watching the repeats on NBC tonight? They are showing clips for next week in between commercials. Hiro's sword [spoiler:3eace86c07] has the 'hero symbol' on it.[/spoiler:3eace86c07] That seems kind of odd.
    Yeah I saw that. Is there any knowledge about that thing other than [spoiler:3eace86c07]It's that dual-personality girl's tattoo[/spoiler:3eace86c07]? I mean have we seen it anywhere else?

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Irond Will wrote:
    stigweard wrote:
    Is anyone watching the repeats on NBC tonight? They are showing clips for next week in between commercials. Hiro's sword [spoiler:2fea7bb2d7] has the 'hero symbol' on it.[/spoiler:2fea7bb2d7] That seems kind of odd.
    Yeah I saw that. Is there any knowledge about that thing other than [spoiler:2fea7bb2d7]It's that dual-personality girl's tattoo[/spoiler:2fea7bb2d7]? I mean have we seen it anywhere else?
    It was all over the first few episodes:
    [spoiler:2fea7bb2d7]The pool at the murder victim's house, on Saresh's computer, on the book cover, in paintings. It hasn't necessarily been linked to anything specific, though. Just "heroes."[/spoiler:2fea7bb2d7]
    Odds are, after the hiatus that we find out what it means.

OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited January 2007
    OptimusZed wrote:
    Irond Will wrote:
    stigweard wrote:
    Is anyone watching the repeats on NBC tonight? They are showing clips for next week in between commercials. Hiro's sword [spoiler:de985568ed] has the 'hero symbol' on it.[/spoiler:de985568ed] That seems kind of odd.
    Yeah I saw that. Is there any knowledge about that thing other than [spoiler:de985568ed]It's that dual-personality girl's tattoo[/spoiler:de985568ed]? I mean have we seen it anywhere else?
    [spoiler:de985568ed]The pool at the murder victim's house, on Saresh's computer, on the book cover, in paintings. It hasn't necessarily been linked to anything specific, though. Just "heroes."[/spoiler:de985568ed]
    Yeah I just got done rewatching episode 11 (I was on Ambien when I watched it before so I remembered like nothing). [spoiler:de985568ed]The Haitian has it as a necklace.[/spoiler:de985568ed]

Also, Should we really be spoilering all this stuff so faithfully? It's kind of inconvenient and you'd kind of think that minor points of spoilage would be kind of par for the course if someone were reading a thread called "Heroes".

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    HakkekageHakkekage Space Whore Academy summa cum laudeRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Irond Will wrote:
    OptimusZed wrote:
    Irond Will wrote:
    stigweard wrote:
    Is anyone watching the repeats on NBC tonight? They are showing clips for next week in between commercials. Hiro's sword [spoiler:a160931662] has the 'hero symbol' on it.[/spoiler:a160931662] That seems kind of odd.
    Yeah I saw that. Is there any knowledge about that thing other than [spoiler:a160931662]It's that dual-personality girl's tattoo[/spoiler:a160931662]? I mean have we seen it anywhere else?
    [spoiler:a160931662]The pool at the murder victim's house, on Saresh's computer, on the book cover, in paintings. It hasn't necessarily been linked to anything specific, though. Just "heroes."[/spoiler:a160931662]
    Yeah I just got done rewatching episode 11 (I was on Ambien when I watched it before so I remembered like nothing). [spoiler:a160931662]The Haitian has it as a necklace.[/spoiler:a160931662]

Also, Should we really be spoilering all this stuff so faithfully? It's kind of inconvenient and you'd kind of think that minor points of spoilage would be kind of par for the course if someone were reading a thread called "Heroes".

Wikipedia has a whole list on the symbol's appearances, and also says it's RNA, which would make sense, considering the context for the show.

This one makes me wonder if they're not just sticking it in everywhere for the hell of it:
    Wikipedia wrote:
    [spoiler:a160931662]Drawn on a Greyhound bus sign, seen right before D.L. spots the runaway Micah in the episode Homecoming.[/spoiler:a160931662]

Hakkekage on
    3DS: 2165 - 6538 - 3417
    NNID: Hakkekage
  • Options
    Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2007
    Irond Will wrote:
    It's a few extra keystrokes, and saves a world of hassle and bickering.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Should we start a fresh thread when the season continues? This one is a tad cluttered.

BTW chandra is sylar.

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    werehippywerehippy Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Have people been following the comics that have kept coming out since the series went on hiatus?

There's been one dealing with Peter post cliffhanger and one dealing with a new person, last I checked. Worth reading for a temporary Heroes fix if nothing else :)

werehippy on
  • Options
    CrayonCrayon Sleeps in the wrong bed. TejasRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    When does the series restart?

Crayon on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited January 2007
    Crayon wrote:
    When does the series restart?
    On the 22nd.

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Should we start a fresh thread when the season continues? This one is a tad cluttered.

BTW chandra is sylar.

Man I don't even know what you're talking about.

Also, I read the comics last night. They're really sized down except for that car commercial. I don't like them as much as the show.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    HybridHybrid South AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Irond Will wrote:

Well the show hasnt started in australia yet, and I personally like to skim threads about shows so that i know if they are worth watching by the time they finally make it down hear. so i guess it is appreciated, if not necesary.

Hybrid on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    I wouldnt mind a new thread, especially one marked with spoilers already, but with the standard 'if its already happened then it doesnt need spoilers but if its about an upcoming episode then it does' clause. I think it works best

aquabat on
  • Options
    ege02ege02 __BANNED USERS regular
    edited January 2007
    aquabat wrote:
    I wouldnt mind a new thread, especially one marked with spoilers already, but with the standard 'if its already happened then it doesnt need spoilers but if its about an upcoming episode then it does' clause. I think it works best

It still needs spoilers even if the shit has already happened. What about newcomers?

ege02 on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    ege02 wrote:
    aquabat wrote:

It still needs spoilers even if the shit has already happened. What about newcomers?

Everybody knows Australians and noobs dont count

aquabat on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    well goddamnit.

Hybrid on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    [spoiler:429ccb8af9]im from perth[/spoiler:429ccb8af9]

aquabat on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    aquabat wrote:
    [spoiler:dc5e53e3e4]im from perth[/spoiler:dc5e53e3e4]

that means your cheating then :shock:

Hybrid on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Hybrid wrote:
    aquabat wrote:
    [spoiler:65b9b8d573]im from perth[/spoiler:65b9b8d573]

When you see Heroes, you'll understand why it was impossible to wait for channel 7 to fuck it up

aquabat on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    aquabat wrote:
    Hybrid wrote:
    aquabat wrote:
    [spoiler:8898963b31]im from perth[/spoiler:8898963b31]
    When you see Heroes, you'll understand why it was impossible to wait for channel 7 to fuck it up
    Yeah they've done a pretty good job of not making it suck so far. I guess it'll become clear whether or not they're planning on pulling an X-Files or Alias by the end of the season or so.

Also, you can download the whole damn thing on iTunes, or just stream it from the NBC website right now. It might even work in Australia unless you guys have some backwards Aussie convention in which the 0s mean "true" and the 1s mean "false" or something.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    YarYar Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    When Matt hears "static," it could very well be that Haitian is just memory wiping everything Matt is reading. That's how I interpreted it. Not a power-block.

Yar on
  • Options
    areaarea Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    So I've just caught up with Heroes in a week, and read the last ten pages or so of this thread. I then did some hunting and came up with the following:

Interview with Jack Coleman, regarding HRG: [realspoiler:730f54d729]HRG does not have powers [yet].[/realspoiler:730f54d729]

Interview with two writers regarding The Haitian: [realspoiler:730f54d729]The Haitian has the ability to suppress powers.[/realspoiler:730f54d729]

I'm loving the series, it has to be said.

EDIT: Yeah, those did need spoilering. Not entirely sure what I was thinking. Apologies to those affected.

area on
  • Options
    werehippywerehippy Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    You want to realspoiler those. They deal with information from outside the show that reveals things we don't know yet.

Also, fuck you for ruining some fun speculation for me.

werehippy on
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    werehippy wrote:
    You want to realspoiler those. They deal with information from outside the show that reveals things we don't know yet.

Also, fuck you for ruining some fun speculation for me.
    90% of the speculation in this thread has been about those two exact issues. I, for one, am fucking thankful to put it to rest, so the thread can move on to something else.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    HRG?

Heir on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Reis2Reis2 Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    area wrote:
    So I've just caught up with Heroes in a week, and read the last ten pages or so of this thread. I then did some hunting and came up with the following:

Interview with Jack Coleman, regarding HRG: [realspoiler:3dd4976505]HRG does not have powers [yet].[/realspoiler:3dd4976505]

Interview with two writers regarding The Haitian: [realspoiler:3dd4976505]The Haitian has the ability to suppress powers.[/realspoiler:3dd4976505]

EDIT: Yeah, those did need spoilering. Not entirely sure what I was thinking. Apologies to those affected.

[realspoiler:3dd4976505]CHRISTOPHER FUCKING ECCLESTON? This show is becoming all worlds of awesome. Can we get some TARDIS love?[/realspoiler:3dd4976505]

Reis2 on
    世界は美しくなんかない。それ故に、美しい。
    Brawl.png
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Heir wrote:
    HRG?
    "Horn Rimmed Glasses". The cheerleader's father guy.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    area wrote:

Interview with Jack Coleman, regarding HRG: [realspoiler:0dfac80705]HRG does not have powers [yet].[/realspoiler:0dfac80705]

Interview with two writers regarding The Haitian: [realspoiler:0dfac80705]The Haitian has the ability to suppress powers.[/realspoiler:0dfac80705]

Strictly speaking, at least the first thing you say wan't actually stated in the interview.

[realspoiler:0dfac80705]The dude asked about HRG's power's said something like "we haven't seen any yet," and the writers asked about about the Haitian were pretty cagey as well[/realspoiler:0dfac80705]

Still, interesting interviews and not really too spoilery IMO. it sounds like they have at least some concept of a larger plan for the show, which is encouraging.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    That interview doesn't change much, except that it clears up a little of what was going on with Mr. Bennett and Eden. But it still remains that everything we know the Haitian to have done could be done with memory wipe and not necessarily power blocking.

Yar on
  • Options
    JinniganJinnigan Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    There is only one relationship in this show where both people involved are of the same ethnicity, and that is between the cheerleader and the freak.

It's not super-significant, I was just thinking about it.

Jinnigan on
    whatifihadnofriendsshortenedsiggy2.jpg
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Jinnigan wrote:
    There is only one relationship in this show where both people involved are of the same ethnicity, and that is between the cheerleader and the freak.

Cop and wife.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    Jinnigan wrote:

I think that it is more important to note that until now, no one has even noticed.

P.S. Mr. and Mrs. Bennett.

Yar on
  • Options
    fjafjanfjafjan Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Speaking of ethnicity is there any latino?

Seems a bit unfair considering the american demographic

And damnit I want a new episode now, fucking winter break shit

fjafjan on
    Yepp, THE Fjafjan (who's THE fjafjan?)
    - "Proving once again the deadliest animal of all ... is the Zoo Keeper" - Philip J Fry
  • Options
    edited January 2007
    fjafjan wrote:
    Speaking of ethnicity is there any latino?

Seems a bit unfair considering the american demographic

And damnit I want a new episode now, fucking winter break shit
    Isaac Mendez. Though his relationship ended immediately.

Bionic Monkey on
    sig_megas_armed.jpg
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Jinnigan wrote:

Isn't the freak's super power the ability to be attracted to other men?

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Jinnigan wrote:

Flame On indeed.

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Jinnigan wrote:

Not anymore.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
This discussion has been closed.