As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Surf On] Audiosurf Tournament 2: Electric Boogaloo

• Options
    WeX MajorsWeX Majors 8th Floor, MegashipRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Oh good, maybe when the third song comes out, I can get something better than Bottom-Of-The-Board.
    Oh, and randomly bullshitting around today, I got Olympian. Go me?

WeX Majors on
  • Options
    CyvrosCyvros Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    This sounds excellent. If no one objects, I'll try my hand at this (my AS name is retcon).

Cyvros on
  • Options
    CarcharodontosaurusCarcharodontosaurus Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    WeX Majors wrote: »
    Oh good, maybe when the third song comes out, I can get something better than Bottom-Of-The-Board.
    Oh, and randomly bullshitting around today, I got Olympian. Go me?

You'd be amazed at how fast you improve at this game. Where before I could barely scrape by in Mono, I'm now fairly competent at Ninja Mono. Just enjoy the ride. :D
    Cyvros wrote: »
    This sounds excellent. If no one objects, I'll try my hand at this (my AS name is retcon).

By all means join in the fun! Anyone can compete; the more the merrier! :)

Carcharodontosaurus on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I'm gonna pass my song choice this time around - I'm currently rebuilding the contents of my hard drive after my old one failed, and currently have none of my music whatsoever.

EDIT: and daaaamn, Fish. I put in an elite run, felt pretty good about it, and then saw your score and gave up. Next time!

UnbrokenEva on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    I'm gonna pass my song choice this time around - I'm currently rebuilding the contents of my hard drive after my old one failed, and currently have none of my music whatsoever.

EDIT: and daaaamn, Fish. I put in an elite run, felt pretty good about it, and then saw your score and gave up. Next time!

D:

Best of luck recovering your hard drive contents. I know exactly how frustrating that can be.

Well, this makes our new song chooser is...

Fish! Congratulations my good man, now choose us a song!

Carcharodontosaurus on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FishFish Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Thanks, guys. I'm gonna steal a song from someone one page one:
    Machinae Supremacy - Hero
    You can get it here. Have fun ;)

ed: I just saw - when retagging the song, remove the [ReMaster] at the end so we all use the same name.

Fish on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Fish wrote: »
    Thanks, guys. I'm gonna steal a song from someone one page one:
    Machinae Supremacy - Hero
    You can get it here. Have fun ;)

ed: I just saw - when retagging the song, remove the [ReMaster] at the end so we all use the same name.

Awesome, thanks man! I'll update the OP right away. :D

Edit: For those of you wanting a harder song, your wish has been granted. This song makes a great track, but it's no "Still Alive" let me tell you.

Carcharodontosaurus on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    citizen059citizen059 hello my name is citizen I'm from the InternetRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Good pick for a song. I've only played it on Casual & Pro so far...single run on Pro and a few in Casual.

There are more points out there to be had in Casual, I just know it. :P

citizen059 on
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    D:D:D:D:

I hadn't removed the remastered from the end of the song. Once more into the breach!

Kelor on
  • Options
    PeregrineFalconPeregrineFalcon Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    "Hero" by Machinae Supremacy
    Fucking awesome song.

PeregrineFalcon on
    Looking for a DX:HR OnLive code for my kid brother.
    Can trade TF2 items or whatever else you're interested in. PM me.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    The middle third of the track is awesome in Elite.

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Kelor wrote: »

Damn you Kelor! I'm going to have to find some way of stringing together a Match 21 if I've any hope of topping the Casual scoreboard. There's one place I have in mind though...

Carcharodontosaurus on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    LuianeLuiane Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    sweet, someone picked Hero, going to play that now. Really, Machinae is a pretty awesome band in my opinion, makes for some nice audiosurf rides, too.

Luiane on
    Steam id: Varys
    LoL EU West nickname: Irridan
  • Options
    citizen059citizen059 hello my name is citizen I'm from the InternetRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008

Damn you Kelor! I'm going to have to find some way of stringing together a Match 21 if I've any hope of topping the Casual scoreboard. There's one place I have in mind though...

What's the casual scoreboard looking like right now?

I had a couple of great opportunities to score big last night, but I slipped up towards the end on both and missed the clean finish bonus.

citizen059 on
  • Options
    subediisubedii Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Cool thing about "Hero".

In the game Jets 'n' Guns, "Hero" is the track playing on a level that's set at a rock concert for Machinae Supremacy.

They did all the music for JnG, it's pretty awesome.

subedii on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    citizen059 wrote: »

I had a couple of great opportunities to score big last night, but I slipped up towards the end on both and missed the clean finish bonus.

In the OP there should be links to the various scoreboards. You're currently in the lead by about 20000 points, then Kelor, then me. Your Pointman score is damn impressive.

Carcharodontosaurus on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008

In the OP there should be links to the various scoreboards. You're currently in the lead by about 20000 points, then Kelor, then me. Your Pointman score is damn impressive.

I'm not done yet though. There's more out there to be had, I had something like three overfills on that run.

Getting the 21 is critical. I've managed it a couple of times, but my timing isn't as good as it needs to be to pull it off every time.

Also, double vision was really fun on this one, if somewhat lower scoring.

citizen059 on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I knew I could get more points in Casual. :winky:

citizen059 on
  • Options
    CyvrosCyvros Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    That went marginally better than I expected, which really does not say much. Also, I think I'll have to turn off horizontal scrolling on my touchpad. :D

Cyvros on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    :^: Title.

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

Cheers!

I think I may have to move out of my comfort zone in Casual. I may have to use...

The Pointman.

Carcharodontosaurus on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008

Cheers!

I think I may have to move out of my comfort zone in Casual. I may have to use...

The Pointman.

This may be old news to the true experts of Audiosurfing, but it really seems like the best character choice is different for each song.

I think Pointman is right for this one...and I was playing one last night where at first it seemed like Mono was the clear winner over Pointman, but then I tried Double Vision and destroyed them both.

citizen059 on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    It depends. Mono I sort of enjoy for the challenge, since you're actively trying to dodge greys while working up your blocks. It feels sort of like that old PC game Skyroads.

I prefer Vegas or Double Vision for playing in the standard non-Mono modes.

Kelor on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    For me there's nothing more satisfying than a good run in Double Vision. Having to control two ships at once requires more concentration and coordination that I'm used to, so when I pull it off it's just an awesome experience. :P

citizen059 on
  • Options
    FishFish Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Crap. Guess who just set a new elite highscore but had Ironmode left on?

Yeah. Seems like I have forfeit my right to an elite score, there's no way I'm gonna beat that one in normal...

Fish on
  • Options
    mantidormantidor Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    God damn for that last stupid block! I almost got a clean finish :(

But with a song as good as this one I don't mind trying again and again.

mantidor on
  • Options
    skaceskace Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I don't actually like any other modes except mono because they turn the game into more of a tetrisy thing. But I'm ok with never winning also :)

skace on
    http://picasaweb.google.com/skacer | Shiren:5413-0147-4655
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    mantidormantidor Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Mono is pretty much a completely different game altogether, I love mono but I haven't been able to get that impossible ninjutsu achievement.

mantidor on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I managed to pick it up on mono casual the other night. It's trickier than you'd think at first glance, because the way some of the blocks are spread out it makes it really tough to get to 'em in time.

citizen059 on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Well, it's been another fun bout of racing, but it's time to declare the winners!

Casual: citizen059

Pro: f-k-t

Elite: Fearghaill

Don't worry folks, Fearghaill is the winner in Elite because Fish accidentally switched on Ironmode. Unfortunate, but he'll just have to reclaim his crown in the next song!

That being said, the chooser of the next song is...

Fearghaill! Congratulations!

Carcharodontosaurus on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Well, it's been another fun bout of racing, but it's time to declare the winners!

Don't worry folks, Fearghaill is the winner in Elite because Fish accidentally switched on Ironmode. Unfortunate, but he'll just have to reclaim his crown in the next song!

*crickets chirp as everyone waits in anticipation of the next song title*

citizen059 on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

*crickets chirp as everyone waits in anticipation of the next song title*

I'll give Fearghaill 24 hours from this announcement. If he wants to pass on choosing a song, I'll select a new chooser.

Carcharodontosaurus on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Okay, given Fearghaill hasn't responded, it's f-k-t's chance to choose a song. Don't fail me mans!

Carcharodontosaurus on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    f-k-tf-k-t Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Groovy. Do y'all want more machinae supremacy, or something different?

f-k-t on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    f-k-t wrote: »
    Groovy. Do y'all want more machinae supremacy, or something different?

Listen to your heart.

Carcharodontosaurus on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    f-k-tf-k-t Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Careful now. My heart is full of Gothenburg metal. :D

Let's stick with Machinae Supremacy, since it went over so well. Second album, first track. When I was a kid, one of my favorite games on the C64 was the Great Gianna Sisters, and this song is a nice tribute.

also I can't find any free In Flames downloads

f-k-t on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    f-k-t wrote: »
    Careful now. My heart is full of Gothenburg metal. :D

Let's stick with Machinae Supremacy, since it went over so well. Second album, first track. When I was a kid, one of my favorite games on the C64 was the Great Gianna Sisters, and this song is a nice tribute.

also I can't find any free In Flames downloads

Alrighty then! Consider the OP updated! :D

Carcharodontosaurus on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MeizMeiz Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Consider me in on this one.

I hope I edited the id tags properly.

Meiz on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Meiz wrote: »
    Consider me in on this one.

I hope I edited the id tags properly.

Well, you're appearing on the scoreboard, so it should be all good.

Carcharodontosaurus on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    What? What's that sound?

It sounds like a gauntlet being thrown down.

I accept your challenge, sir. I shall meet you upon the field of honor* at dawn!

* = by field of honor I mean a psychedelic road in outer space full of colorful blocks

citizen059 on