Options

American Presidency: Let's get Eric!

• Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Screamline wrote: »

Guess you missed the update in the article:

(Update: Tapper has a new post that indicates there’s no paper trail to prove Palin was involved with the separatist party.)

And in that link...

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2008/09/another-aip-off.html
    But another former AIP official -- Mark Chryson, chairman of the AIP from 1995 to 2002 -- tells ABC News that "Palin was at the convention in 1994. She was there."

Was she a member?

Chryson can’t say. "She may have been, I do not know," he says. Their records don't go back that far.

"Ask Sarah," he suggests.

I'd love to. But she hasn't exactly been making herself available to the press.

For her part, Ms. Clark -- a self-employed gold miner who wants Alaska to become an independent nation -- says that the McCain campaign pushback that Pain was never part of the AIP is "hooey."

"This is like a cat covering up crap in its litter box," she says.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    DeaconBluesDeaconBlues __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008
    Qingu wrote: »
    He's also a Christian, and so therefore thinks that killing unconscious fetuses is wrong, though he's not willing to defend anything about this belief.

Is that about right, Deacon?

What.

My pro-life stance is firmly grounded in secular logic and I'm happy to defend it any day of the week (where mods have deemed such discussion appropriate, naturally).

DeaconBlues on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    kildykildy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    kildy wrote: »
    Except then he went and did it.

McCain used HUSSEIN in a scare-tactic way?

Can you cite please, I wasn't aware of that.

You're trying to limit it, I was referencing the non patriotic attacks. You know, where McCain spent two weeks effectively accusing Obama of Treason.

kildy on
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Hoz wrote: »
    There is just video of her addressing one of their conferences.

Of course, this means you must donate more money to McCain.

....and records of her being a member from 1994 to 1996.....

There aren't any, the AIP doesn't keep records that long. In theory, the alaskan state government would have the voter registrations, but I don't know how long they keep them either.

They do have a number of people saying she was at their convention. And the claim that she was a former member has gone unchallenged until now. And she gave them a video greeting for their convention.

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Piper Palin looks terrifying in that family group shot.

MKR on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    PantsB wrote: »
    Hoz wrote: »
    There is just video of her addressing one of their conferences.

Of course, this means you must donate more money to McCain.

....and records of her being a member from 1994 to 1996.....

There aren't any, the AIP doesn't keep records that long. In theory, the alaskan state government would have the voter registrations, but I don't know how long they keep them either.

They do have a number of people saying she was at their convention. And the claim that she was a former member has gone unchallenged until now. And she gave them a video greeting for their convention.

Oh, I agree she likely was a member just based on making videos for them (you don't really make nice videos for conventions of political parties you have nothing to do with..), just saying that Tapper's statement of there not being a paper trail is accurate: the party doesn't keep paper records that far back.

kildy on
  • Options
    ArkadyArkady Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

(Update: Tapper has a new post that indicates there’s no paper trail to prove Palin was involved with the separatist party.)

Did you not see the youtube of her speaking at one of their conventions a few pages back?

Arkady on
    untitled-1.jpg
    LoL: failboattootoot
  • Options
    QinguQingu Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    What.

My pro-life stance is firmly grounded in secular logic and I'm happy to defend it any day of the week (where mods have deemed such discussion appropriate, naturally).
    Ah. Well, I'm glad to hear that, since your holy book certainly doesn't view fetuses as full humans. I'm glad you ignore your religious text just as much as most Christians in America.

And I would love to discuss your "secular reasons" for being pro-life. I'm sure it's just a coincidence that you happen to be Christian. It's been a while since we've had an abortion thread—maybe you could start one?

Qingu on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    MKR wrote: »
    Piper Palin looks terrifying in that family group shot.

I didn't want to say it.

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Tomanta wrote: »
    cherv1 wrote: »
    someone yesterday predicted that because of the way gallup averages work, obama would reach 50 today. is it possible to guess at whether he will go up or down in tomorrow's polls?

I'm going to predict tomorrow we see things either stay the same or another point drop for McCain. Then we start seeing the convention bump.

What convention bump? They basically aren't even having a convention.

And I can't see John McCain's rhetorical ability convincing many people. Especially since most will be more caught up in the NFL opening kickoff.

No, but they have a natural disaster, which is really much better than a convention where McCain tries to awkwardly distance himself from Bush. He gets to go look like he cares about people and is rising above partisan politics.

MrMonroe on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I mean she's adorable in others and is probably a good person, but man.

It's like she was trying.

MKR on
  • Options
    ZimmydoomZimmydoom Accept no substitutes Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Qingu wrote: »
    What.

Ah. Well, I'm glad to hear that, since your holy book certainly doesn't view fetuses as full humans. I'm glad you ignore your religious text just as much as most Christians in America.

And I would love to discuss your "secular reasons" for being pro-life. I'm sure it's just a coincidence that you happen to be Christian. It's been a while since we've had an abortion thread—maybe you could start one?

How about no?

Zimmydoom on
    Better-than-birthday-sig!
    Gim wrote: »
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
    While sitting in a reclining chair
    Now there are Zim-Bear hybrids
    Running around and clawing eyelids
    Watch out, a Zim-Bear is about to have sex with yooooooou!
  • Options
    ZephyrZephyr Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    im guessing this was posted

080902DailyUpdateGraph1_cnwprms.gif

50!

Zephyr on
    16kakxt.jpg
  • Options
    iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    3 times now...

iTunesIsEvil on
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Zephyr wrote: »

Your guess would be quite correct.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I'm inclined to call this an on-ramp rather than a bump.

MKR on
  • Options
    ArdeArde Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Wow, another one here:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/09/02/palins-church-may-have-sh_n_123205.html
    Speaking before the Pentecostal church, Palin painted the current war in Iraq as a messianic affair in which the United States could act out the will of the Lord.
    "Pray for our military men and women who are striving to do what is right. Also, for this country, that our leaders, our national leaders, are sending [U.S. soldiers] out on a task that is from God," she exhorted the congregants. "That's what we have to make sure that we're praying for, that there is a plan and that that plan is God's plan."

Yeah, definitely crazy ol' Bush with a fun-pouch.

Arde on
    Wii code:3004 5525 7274 3361
    XBL Gametag: mailarde

Screen Digest LOL3RZZ
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Jragghen wrote: »
    What the fuck?

Zimmydoom on
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Zimmydoom wrote: »
    What the fuck?

It's a photoshop. Of the "band-aid purple heart" lady from 2004.

With a condom instead of a purple heart.

It amused me.

Jragghen on
  • Options
    ZephyrZephyr Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Arde wrote: »
    Wow, another one here:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/09/02/palins-church-may-have-sh_n_123205.html
    Speaking before the Pentecostal church, Palin painted the current war in Iraq as a messianic affair in which the United States could act out the will of the Lord.
    "Pray for our military men and women who are striving to do what is right. Also, for this country, that our leaders, our national leaders, are sending [U.S. soldiers] out on a task that is from God," she exhorted the congregants. "That's what we have to make sure that we're praying for, that there is a plan and that that plan is God's plan."

told you

pentecostals

fucking insane

imagine people like jerry falwell

now imagine them rolling on the floor and "speaking in tongues"

Zephyr on
    16kakxt.jpg
  • Options
    HozHoz Cool Cat Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Zimmydoom wrote: »
    What the fuck?
    That's a pro McCain person with a purple heart and condom on their chin?

Hoz on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Wow, another one here:

For the love of (Artie the strongest man in the world from Pete and) Pete

Oh god and there's video.

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • Options
    SenjutsuSenjutsu thot enthusiast Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Sarah Palin is everything I hoped for in McCain's VP pick

Senjutsu on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Oh.
    My.
    God.

"Gods will" is to build a 30 billion dollar pipeline in Alaska. (She even uses "working hard.")

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • Options
    TheMarshalTheMarshal Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Wow, another one here:

Honestly, that sounds pretty tame compared to some of the things I've heard.

TheMarshal on
  • Options
    MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Kagera wrote: »

And in that link...

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2008/09/another-aip-off.html
    But another former AIP official -- Mark Chryson, chairman of the AIP from 1995 to 2002 -- tells ABC News that "Palin was at the convention in 1994. She was there."

Was she a member?

Chryson can’t say. "She may have been, I do not know," he says. Their records don't go back that far.

"Ask Sarah," he suggests.

I'd love to. But she hasn't exactly been making herself available to the press.

For her part, Ms. Clark -- a self-employed gold miner who wants Alaska to become an independent nation -- says that the McCain campaign pushback that Pain was never part of the AIP is "hooey."

"This is like a cat covering up crap in its litter box,"
    she says.

She thinks membership in an organization she belongs to can be likened to fecal matter on your resume? o_O

She's either really meta or just Marxian.

Edit: I mean like Groucho, just in case anyone missed that.

MrMonroe on
  • Options
    sdrawkcaB emaNsdrawkcaB emaN regular
    edited September 2008
    cherv1 wrote: »
    someone yesterday predicted that because of the way gallup averages work, obama would reach 50 today. is it possible to guess at whether he will go up or down in tomorrow's polls?

that was me

I predicted it

I'm rad

it took too much work and I didn't write it down though so I'm not doing it again

sdrawkcaB emaN on
  • Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Not actually a mod. Roaming the streets, waving his gun around.Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited September 2008
    Senjutsu wrote: »

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    TheMarshal wrote: »
    Wow, another one here:

Honestly, that sounds pretty tame compared to some of the things I've heard.

This one kinda works on the same level of McSame/McBush attack for Dems though.
    Basically, the VP McCain picks has the same type of mentality as Bush for the Iraq war, which caused US trillions of dollars and tens of thousands of people dying.

Arde on

Screen Digest LOL3RZZ
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Oh.
    My.
    God.

"Gods will" is to build a 30 billion dollar pipeline in Alaska. (She even uses "working hard.")

Wait... wasn't there a femme fatale Bond villain with this same insane plan for world domination?

Zimmydoom on
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
  • Options
    Locust76Locust76 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

A train wreck 44 years in the making?

Locust76 on
  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    ElJeffe wrote: »

It's like Christmas in August.

Tomanta on
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    It seems the new attack ads from Obama are only going to be featuring cheery music. For some reason. It amuses me, if nothing else. Anyway: Same same same samity same.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    New poll, please? I'm completely embarrassed by my "a wash" label, I should have waited a day or two. Good lord, this is an epic train wreck.

kildy on
  • Options
    SalSal Damnedest Little Fellow Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    ElJeffe wrote: »

I really regret voting Not Ready and a wash now.

Sal on
    xet8c.gif

• Options
    edited September 2008
    Has there ever been a time when a VP pick was rescinded and someone else moved onto the ticket?

TheMarshal on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    It seems the new attack ads from Obama are only going to be featuring cheery music. For some reason. It amuses me, if nothing else. Anyway: Same same same samity same.

Meh. Stop with the same ads, start up with the let's fix shit ads again. I don't care how the same he is, I care how different you are.

kildy on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

Meh. Stop with the same ads, start up with the let's fix shit ads again. I don't care how the same he is, I care how different you are.

Yeah, but you're voting for him already.

TheMarshal on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Sal wrote: »
    I really regret voting Not Ready and a wash now.

:(

Arde on

Screen Digest LOL3RZZ
This discussion has been closed.