As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Tyrael pet/Beta key cards from the Blizzard booth?

ArcoArco Registered User regular
edited September 2008 in PAX Archive
Anybody else snag one of these during a trivia contest? I'm wondering if anyone has been able to activate a beta account and play yet. Obviously it's not very long into the first day after the holiday weekend, but you can imagine I'm chomping at the bit here.

Also, dude at the Blizzard booth said there might be some problems because the cards were for the WWI in Paris, and as such, are affiliated with the EU realms and not the US realms. I've done a little digging on the forums and this doesn't seem to be the case, at least not anymore - Blizzard realizes that these cards are being used for a variety of promotions and events, sold on eBay, etc. and they're honoring them for anyone as far as I can tell. They've also confirmed that they will be using these cards for WotLK. Whether that means you can hold onto yours and NOT redeem it, thus holding out for SC2 or D3, I can't figure out. I've already redeemed mine and received a confirmation e-mail, but the e-mail was just confirming my entry and my e-mail address; it didn't contain a beta key or details on any specific beta.

So, yeah. Did you get a card? Did you get into the beta yet? Post your experiences here so the rest of us know what's up.

Here's shots of the card in question:

DSC00035.jpg
DSC00037.jpg

PS - Tyrael pet redeemed with no hitches. Lookit'm. He's so cute.

ScreenShot_090108_162354.jpg

Like this, not like the gas station.
Organizer of the Post-PAX Party. You should come!
Satellite Theater for life!
Arco on

• Options
    tr0tskytr0tsky Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    man, I wish I knew they were giving those out...I'm already in WotLK beta, but I would LOVE a tyrael pet...just not enough to pay 300+ on ebay for one :P

tr0tsky on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    tr0tsky wrote: »
    man, I wish I knew they were giving those out...I'm already in WotLK beta, but I would LOVE a tyrael pet...just not enough to pay 300+ on ebay for one :P

They only gave out 15 or so. 5 on the trivia contest I went to, and that was the only one on Saturday. They were keeping it kind of hush-hush. If I saw you at the expo I would've clued you in. ;)

Arco on
  • Options
    The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Jace, once again, I hate you.

Although my PS3 makes me feel better

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    It would be nice if they gave pets that have bonus stat effects like healing or spell casting or firework displays.

Oh no. Now I've done it.

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    oh god, no stats on stuff from Blizzcon/events. That would be disgusting. Fireworks displays, sure.

tr0tsky on
  • Options
    AlisonderAlisonder Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I was VERY lucky, I ended up winning one at the very end of the trivia contest.
    pax.jpg
    put it on my account the second I got back to the hotel.
    :P my guild mates said I was crazy for not selling it.... I say nuts to them, this pet rocks!! (/dance with it. it rocks out!)

Alisonder on
  • Options
    ShaukShauk Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I went to the blizzard booth about 5 minutes before the expo hall closed on saturday (while spending most of the day passing by it about 20 times, keeping an eye out for anything interesting)

I scratched my head at the thought that they'd come all that way and not even have a shirt or anything so I just went up and asked the woman sitting there if they had any stuff they were giving out. She basically dismissed me with a whole "Not in the next 5 minutes, come back tomorrow" and all I wanted was some information as to what they had given out so far or were planning on giving out.

"cool stuff"

"well that's kinda vague, like what?"

"thats how we roll"

pretty much sending me a "fuck you" vibe the entire time she was talking to me....

wow.. way to go blizzard.

I didn't spend a lot of time there because i'm already in the WotLK beta, but damn I would have liked one of those pets.

eh, typical Blizzard.

Shauk on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    i wonder who it was you were talking to.

I went up and talked to Eyonix for a while and he was quite nice. Although, he was really confused when I asked him to take a picture of my scavenger hunt team in front of their booth. He thought I wanted a pic with him and I was like "no no, could you take *our* picture?" :P

tr0tsky on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    well how many girls did they have working the booth? that should narrow it down

Shauk on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Shauk wrote: »
    well how many girls did they have working the booth? that should narrow it down

I honestly don't know...the only time I spent there was when I got my picture, and the only person I saw was Eyonix. I'm already in the WotLK beta, and not *that* interested in SC2, so I didn't bother hanging around.

tr0tsky on
  • Options
    TrainwreckXTrainwreckX Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    What the FUCK? I need one of these now? Who's going to hook me up...? I think I've got something worth trading here someplace...

TrainwreckX on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    lol, I doubt you'll find someone willing to trade one of those cards if they got it. Seriously, they sell for like 300 bucks plus on eBay.

tr0tsky on
  • Options
    AlisonderAlisonder Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    haha I chatted Bashiok for most of the weekend, offered him a case of Brando (which they were "sold out" of by the end of the first day) and misc other for one before I found out about the trivia. He was really cool I donno who you were talking to...
    the guy who had the green TBC shirt was REALLY friendly as well :( I didn't catch his name sadly.

Alisonder on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    tr0tsky wrote: »
    i wonder who it was you were talking to.

I went up and talked to Eyonix for a while and he was quite nice. Although, he was really confused when I asked him to take a picture of my scavenger hunt team in front of their booth. He thought I wanted a pic with him and I was like "no no, could you take *our* picture?" :P

that was an akward moment, by the way.

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    that was an akward moment, by the way.

hahahaha, I know...good thing we escaped quickly afterwards... >.>

tr0tsky on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Eyonix was there? I didn't see him. Sadness!

There was an attractive lady who was running the booth at times, who had a very dismissive attitude. People would ask her questions and she would say things like, "that's a very good question..." She thought it was funny and clever, but it really wasn't. She could have been nice and said, "We can't answer that."

Ryan: suck it.

Arco on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Arco wrote: »
    Eyonix was there? I didn't see him. Sadness!

There was an attractive lady who was running the booth at times, who had a very dismissive attitude. People would ask her questions and she would say things like, "that's a very good question..." She thought it was funny and clever, but it really wasn't. She could have been nice and said, "We can't answer that."

yeah she wasn't bad looking, but her attitude was a total turn off, not that I was looking to be turned on, just saying.

She was semi short'ish (hard to say, everyone is short to me) had shoulder length dark hair.

anyways, again, she must be part of their forum team, trained in saying nothing while talking lots.

Shauk on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

I'm sorry Jace, i'm too busy setting up that DS i won as well

p.s. I also just found out that this city of heros costume card I won is worth 80-100 bucks as well

total value of all the shit I won (not counting the pricelessness of the autographs on the ps3)

800 dollars

you got a virtual pet

See you next year buddy!

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    eyonix is shortish, shaved head and has tattoos all over his arm (and maybe his neck)? Also, may have been wearing "emo" glasses.

tr0tsky on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

p.s. I also just found out that this city of heros costume card I won is worth 80-100 bucks as well

total value of all the shit I won (not counting the pricelessness of the autographs on the ps3)

800 dollars

you got a virtual pet

See you next year buddy!

FINE! See if I room with you next year. And if I do, you better not fall asleep. I'll be waiting.

I'll be waiting patiently.

Arco on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    when we room again next year, im not sleeping in the bed by the ten story window that has no screen on it.

The_Reflection on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Bumping this. It's been a week, and I'm starting to go insane. Anybody else get their key yet??

Arco on
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

800 dollars

you got a virtual pet

See you next year buddy!
    how's you get the city of heros costume? I completely forgot about it.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
This discussion has been closed.