As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Robbed

Cold Salmon and HatredCold Salmon and Hatred __BANNED USERS regular
edited September 2008 in Social Entropy++
Have you ever been robbed before SE++?

My brother and his friend were robbed the other day. Some guys broke into their place and stole their tv (50 inch samsung), all their game systems and proceeded to use my brothers backpack to carry all of the games as well.

What have the bad men taken from you

Cold Salmon and Hatred on

• Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2008
    viv robbed me of my dignity

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    GravesGraves Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    man I got that IM last night.

That sucks, dude.

I've had so many lockers broken into.

Everything from PSP to gold chains to underwear stolen.

Graves on
  • Options
    Ani_BAni_B Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Some junkie broke into my car once. Too bad I had nothing of value worth stealing. He could've traded my bag of yarn for some drugs I guess maybe.

Ani_B on
    Felt dark planet turn under my feet and knew what cats know that makes them scream like babies in night.
  • Options
    WileyWiley In the dirt.Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Jesus, underwear? Look for thieves with bowel problems.

Wiley on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Dr.FunkensteinDr.Funkenstein Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    A lot of my friends have gotten phones and MP3 players stolen from their lockers. I'm so glad I none of my stuff has been stolen

Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008
    Gym clothes
    Some money, once
    After that I kept everything of value on my person

Me Too! on
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Wiley wrote: »

or creepy chicks

Tam on
  • Options
    Captain CrunchCaptain Crunch Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    There has been a string of car break-ins in our area and my sister is a dumb cunt so she left her car door WIDE OPEN got her CD player and a ton of CDs stolen

Captain Crunch on
  • Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Someone stole stuff from my PE locker once.

Cheap bitches.

Muse Among Men on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited September 2008
    my sister got busted for shoplifting the other day, that's kind of the same

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Tam wrote: »
    Wiley wrote: »

or creepy chicks

I once woke up after a party with everything I had the night before, minus my boxers.

I found out a couple weeks later that this chick stole 'em.

But I don't know how.

Graves on
  • Options
    WileyWiley In the dirt.Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Dude stole my bike when I was ten. My dad caught him in his back yard with it half painted a new color. Man was he embarrassed.

Wiley on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FirmSkaterFirmSkater Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    When I was twelve years old we were remodeling our house and somehow my parents managed to pick a contractor who pretty much only hires convicts.

One day I came home from school and I went to play some Diddy Kong Racing and the drawer where all our N64 games were was empty. Then I went to find my wallet and it was empty also.

They also stole my sisters birthday present and card. And one of the workers showed up at our house on Thanksgiving Day and started stealing all the contractor's supplies from our garage, all the while screaming his head off about not getting paid or something.

It was a terrible few weeks.

FirmSkater on
    sig2.jpg
  • Options
    CampionCampion Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    A housemate stole my St. Christopher's medallion, that'll teach me to leave things outside my room.

Campion on
    4484-7718-8470
  • Options
    PbPb Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I've never been robbed, but I've made poor decisions on whom to lend things to.

Pb on
  • Options
    PolagoPolago Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Hmmm...A ps2, $400 cash, all my ps2 games, a bunch of other things at the time, a kickass olympus camera, a small clear plastic version of clyde the ghost, and some other things I'm surely forgetting.

Polago on
  • Options
    Tweaked_Bat_Tweaked_Bat_ Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Never had any important material possessions robbed or stolen, other than some small bits and pieces going through high school.

But the Internet has robbed me of my faith in humanity and my innocence.

Tweaked_Bat_ on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Pb wrote: »
    I've never been robbed, but I've made poor decisions on whom to lend things to.

Also this.

fucker still has my Diablo 2 battlechest

Tweaked_Bat_ on
  • Options
    KrummithKrummith DJ Logic Death can't take me until I finish my backlogRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Man, that sucks.

I have been robbed too.

When I was about 10 years old, my house was broken into. I came home to find a large muddy boot print on my front door, and the place trashed. They took my NES and all my games, a bunch of my mom's costume jewelery (he didn't find the real stuff). The worst part was what he left: a giant log in the toilet.

I mean, what kind of thief breaks into a place, takes a bunch of stuff then decides that now is the right time to pinch a loaf? Dude didn't even bother to wipe, there wasn't any toilet paper in there, just the turd.

I guess it could have been worse, at least he used the toilet.

Krummith on
  • Options
    DaricDaric Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Someone stole my mom's laptop out of her car the other day.

Daric on
    cc61181c22f23454a304a4f1f0867845044.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Daric wrote: »

Probably shouldn't have left it lying in the car.

Tweaked_Bat_ on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Oh and when our basement flooded our insurance company took everything out and dumped it in their main unlocked lobby, where a bunchof crackheads stole half our shit

Captain Crunch on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I got caught stealing once.

Embaaaaraassiiiiing...

Graves on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited September 2008
    Someone stole my bike when I was like six. It was the first new bike I'd ever owned.

Although I could have left it in a better place. I was almost asking for it to be stolen. Later, I left a different bike in a neighbors driveway and he backed over it with his truck.

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    DaricDaric Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Daric wrote: »

Probably shouldn't have left it lying in the car.

Well she went straight from work to my sister's school for something and they broke in the car and stole it.

Daric on
    cc61181c22f23454a304a4f1f0867845044.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Come to think of it, I've never had valuables stolen out of a car or anywhere else "exposed".

It could be because I never leave anything out in the open that could entice a thief.

It appears there seems to be a strong correlation between those two things.

Tweaked_Bat_ on
  • Options
    Zombies Tossed My Salad!Zombies Tossed My Salad! Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Graves wrote: »
    I got caught stealing once.

Embaaaaraassiiiiing...
    was it when you were 5?

Zombies Tossed My Salad! on
  • Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Someone once stole my bike. Then returned it with a note apologizing that he had to borrow it.

Also I once had a guitar pick stolen from me. I put it in the strings, went to get a drink, and come back and it was gone.

Well done whoever was passing the guitar and decided to take the pick. That was totally worth the effort to take it out of the strings.

Oh and no, I didn't just lose it. I checked around for quite a while, and it was a red pick on a black stage with a black guitar and a black amp around. No someone stole a pick.

Khavall on
  • Options
    Cold Salmon and HatredCold Salmon and Hatred __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008
    I've never stolen a thing in my life, personally, and I've never felt the desire to

Cold Salmon and Hatred on
  • Options
    RocketSauceRocketSauce Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    In 5th grade someone stole a couple of MicroMachines from me.

RocketSauce on
  • Options
    Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I've never stolen a thing in my life, personally, and I've never felt the desire to

It's just been not an option. It never occured to me before.

Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I went down to CVS once to pick up some rubbers, wearing only a zip up hoodie and PJ bottoms and only after I get there in the pouring fucking rain do I realize that I left my 10 at home, so I have like 2 bucks.

I'm like "alright alright, i'll just swipe some, it's no biggie, it's just some condoms" so I grab a pack and throw it in my stormtrooper hoodie.

I figure I'll buy a pack of gum and be on my way, but once I get towards the front of the line one of the ladies working there grabs the pack out of my pocket like "What the fuck is this?"

And I'm all shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit "uh... can... can I still buy the gum?"

And she's all "If the manager were here he would call the cops!"

And I'm all :'(

But she let me buy my gum and leave in shame.

Needless to say I haven't tried that again.

Graves on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I tried to shoplift once
    Once
    About oh five or six years ago
    Not doing that again, ever

Me Too! on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Some kid in middle school stole a book from me. He crossed out my name that was in the cover with a permanent marker and he wrote his name inside it instead - but of course my saying I had my name in it before we checked was incriminating enough.

I swear that fuck was autistic or something, he shouldn't have been in class with the rest of us because all he ever did was sit around and think he was smart but never participated and just made awkward comments.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2008
    I've never lost anything of great value.

Though some fuckers did steal gus' leash and pinch collar at the dog park a few months ago. That was about 50 bucks work of equipment.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    When I was a young kid, and my parents were shopping at the supermarket, I went to the candy aisle, opened a pack of sour gummy octopus and ate half the packet.

Good times.

Tweaked_Bat_ on
  • Options
    RocketSauceRocketSauce Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

My mom could leave all kinds of money lying around knowing I'd never steal it. I'd even tell her if I took a couple pennies.

RocketSauce on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Graves wrote: »
    I went down to CVS once to pick up some rubbers, wearing only a zip up hoodie and PJ bottoms and only after I get there in the pouring fucking rain do I realize that I left my 10 at home, so I have like 2 bucks.

I'm like "alright alright, i'll just swipe some, it's no biggie, it's just some condoms" so I grab a pack and throw it in my stormtrooper hoodie.

I figure I'll buy a pack of gum and be on my way, but once I get towards the front of the line one of the ladies working there grabs the pack out of my pocket like "What the fuck is this?"

And I'm all shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit "uh... can... can I still buy the gum?"

And she's all "If the manager were here he would call the cops!"

And I'm all :'(

But she let me buy my gum and leave in shame.

Needless to say I haven't tried that again.

That's more than I woud've done
    At Rite Aid a lot of us just let shit slide if it was something small
    We really just couldn't be bothered unless a manager was right there

Me Too! on
  • Options
    Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Heh, this one kid at my local game store tried to steal some Space Marines. The shop owner caught him, sat him down on the curb outside and just was yelling at him while he cried.

It was funny because he was actually 16 and not a kid at all.

Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    aw man micro machines were the shit...come to think of it when I was 7 some bastard kid stole most of my star wars ones

Captain Crunch on