As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WAR] CE Headstart Now! SE the 16th, launch 18th.

• Options
    noobertnoobert Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I am devoting my whole weekend to this glorious game.

noobert on
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Well my annoyance at EB screwing up my preorder bonuses has subsided now I'm actually in the game.

-SPI- on
  • Options
    Mr ObersmithMr Obersmith Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Stupid work. I have to wait until 5 before I can even log in.

Mr Obersmith on
    Battle.net - Obersmith#1709
    Live - MrObersmith
    PSN - Obersmith
  • Options
    HilleanHillean Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Stupid work. I have to wait until 5 before I can even log in.

I'm in the same boat, but sometimes that's good; if people log in like nutso, the servers have a higher chance of getting blown the fuck up and coming down for maintenance between now and then.

Hillean on
    greenguy1980.jpg
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Timmer wrote: »
    Zek wrote: »
    please tell me this NDA is going to go away soon

??? The only NDA for a while has been on the test-servers which haven't been up for a while...

i mean the EULA

Zek on
  • Options
    DondumsDondums Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    WARHAMMER ONLINE COLLECTOR'S E - PC Shipped
    Status: Your package is on time with a scheduled delivery date of 09/16/2008.

In Transit - On Time
    Scheduled Delivery: 09/16/2008

Also, ISP dude is on his way now to prevent my internet from taking shits whenever I'm online for more than an hour. Hurrah!

Dondums on
    internet
  • Options
    RabidTreeMonkeyRabidTreeMonkey Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I envy all of you who are able to play this game. I am sadly stuck w/ my non-gamer laptop till mid Oct and can only watch from afar as you all frolic. Yes, like bunnies finding a field of flowers. FROLIC
    meatflower wrote: »
    I like how the Goons rolled on completely different servers than everyone was saying.

They do that every time, and people still think they know where they're going. They purposely spread disinformation about where they're going because people try to avoid them. Candymancers almost went to Azaezal, it was between that and two others.
    Nissl wrote: »
    TSM almost went to Azazel too. It was basically down to Ulthuan and Azazel, and we leaned to Ulthuan because the Candymancers were planning to roll there.

GS declared servers, nobody showed up, then they tried to move to servers where they can get at least a little better balance. I will say that it was amusing to see their rep and guild leader saying different things about their Order chapter at the same time. Perhaps it was just miscommunication, but I doubt it.

I almost wanna say it -is- misinformation The Goons spread, yet you see them posting in the official Mythic/WAR forums about how Skull Throne is their server now, and everyone should flee or feel their wrath etc (pretty funny really), so who knows? They're just a large mass of semi-organized chaos and asshattery. Dig the link. Also, scroll down a bit and note that they're even had people checking out the Six Mouths forums and linking us watching them lol

RabidTreeMonkey on
  • Options
    DefunkerDefunker Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Timmer wrote: »
    please tell me this NDA is going to go away soon

??? The only NDA for a while has been on the test-servers which haven't been up for a while...

i mean the EULA

Do you mean you're stuck at the EULA/Code of Conduct when you log in?

Defunker on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    RedThorn wrote: »
    zilo wrote: »
    Also... who's /v/? Somebody mentioned they were rolling on Volkmar (where I plan to go). How bad is that?

/v/ is the 4chan video game section.

EDIT: So, pretty bad. I'm surprised they can organize anything though.
    a.jpg

I'm not.

KiTA on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Dondums wrote: »

In Transit - On Time

Also, ISP dude is on his way now to prevent my internet from taking shits whenever I'm online for more than an hour. Hurrah!

Mine too! Hi5!

The funny thing is that my download will finish just about the same time this stupid package gets here.

Even weirder is my 1.5 meg DSL is downloading at 300k a second now. The math is wrong there, somehow.

Edit: Oh snap, my roommate or the ISP switched it to 7 megs. Wtfwoot!

KiTA on
  • Options
    OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Oateri the witch elf is born and up to R4/RR4. However, I'm at school for a while. Frown.

Oats on
  • Options
    SabanSaban Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    is it really necessary that i accept this EULA and Code of Conduct every time i log in?

Saban on
    371839-1.png
  • Options
    AumniAumni Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Yes.

There is a clause which states : 'Herein which the End User plays Warhammer Online, a really sweet game, therefore the End User must click this button to state the logon creed -- "Warhammer is Fuckawesome". Hence the End User shall be entitled to play this game. Please click I agree below to let us know that the End User about to login believes we're(Mythic Entertainment) fuckin sweet.'

Aumni on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

In Transit - On Time

Items not yet shipped:
    arrow_subordinate._V47081670_.gif Shipping estimate: October 6, 2008
    • 1 of: Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning Collector's Edition [DVD-ROM]
      Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC
    What the fuck?

Quid on
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    fuuck i have a test today and am not getting back until 5 something. have thursday off, though.

tyrannus on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Quid wrote: »

In Transit - On Time

Items not yet shipped:
    arrow_subordinate._V47081670_.gif Shipping estimate: October 6, 2008
    • 1 of: Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning Collector's Edition [DVD-ROM]
      Sold by: Amazon.com, LLC
    What the fuck?

So now it's your turn to be angry.

KiTA on
  • Options
    hojuhoju Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Wow so I pre-ordered WAR on a whim as I haven't bought any new software in a long time and was greatly impressed. However my computer did not seem up to the task of running the game, especially in scenarios and whenever a lot of players where in the area. On another (more ridiculous) whim I decided to build a new top-o-the-line desktop, the parts of which will be arriving sometime today.

However during what little of the SE Headstart I managed to play this morning before work ran A LOT better than the Open Beta. Like, flawless & smooth great FPS, quick loading, no stuttering. Maybe it's cause there weren't many people on at 8 in the AM, but I'm hoping I just didn't buy a new computer for nothing!

How has your guys performance been compared to what it was during the Beta? I assumed that the Beta pretty much represented final code but it seems like a lot of optimization / bug fixing must've happened in between!

hoju on
    426647-1.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    KiTA wrote: »
    How does it take three weeks to ship a limited edition version of a game I preordered months ago when it was first released?

Did anyone else ordering through Amazon get this?

Quid on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    How does it take three weeks to ship a limited edition version of a game I preordered months ago when it was first released?

If they oversold, that would explain it.

If they REALLY oversold, expect that date to get pushed back 2 more times to like, December before they own up and offer you a copy of non-CE.

KiTA on
  • Options
    SelnerSelner Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

And this is why I walked into a brick and mortar Gamestop store and pre-ordered my Collector's Edition. Ordering something that needs to be shipped to my house never works in my experience. You can almost always walk into a store and buy it before it arrives at the house.l

Selner on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

If they oversold, that would explain it.

If they REALLY oversold, expect that date to get pushed back 2 more times to like, December before they own up and offer you a copy of non-CE.
    Except they couldn't have oversold unless they were just not giving out codes, which I didn't hear anyone complaining about with Amazon. That, or Amazon has the ability to create their own codes.

Quid on
  • Options
    DisDis Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Question about RvR
    Will there be freeloaders getting benefits by idling?
    Eg. Those afk idle folks in WoW in AV.

Dis on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    VoroVoro Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

Mine's scheduled to arrive on Sept 19th, but it hasn't shipped yet. Your order is probably just stuck on an old release date. I believe someone mentioned many pages back that changing the shipping method would refresh the ship date. That, or contact their customer service and complain about it.

Voro on
    XBL GamerTag: Comrade Nexus
  • Options
    bamjobamjo Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    OMG this game is so much fun!

I hit lvl 6 in 2 hours, with much public questing and RvR goodness. We got spanked in nordenwatch, but it was so awesome I didn't care.

I've learned that my marauder can kill a warrior priest 1 on 1, and that casters flee at the sight of me. This is great!

bamjo on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Dis wrote: »
    Question about RvR

It isn't as easy because you have to be pretty close to the fighting, although if you don't afk out you will get the ending bonus. [Unless I'm mistaken]

Aumni on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited September 2008
    meatflower wrote: »
    They purposely spread disinformation about where they're going

http://forums.undeadlords.net/index.php?showforum=2 ?

Unknown User on
  • Options
    OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Question about RvR

If you're active and you win, you get heaps of XP and RP. If you're inactive and you win, you get a middling amount of XP and RP. If you're active and you lose, you get a good amount of XP and RP. If you're inactive and you lose, you get pretty much nothing.

As inactivity rises, so too will the likelihood you lose. Furthermore, there's no point to AFKing 'cause you don't get RP or XP for capping points like you would in WoW. On top of that, you don't earn currency which is spent so much as a different form of experience which just accumulates.

Oats on
  • Options
    HilleanHillean Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Question about RvR

I havent *seen* any idlers yet, but considering its only 12v12, losing 1-2 people can really fuck over a side.

They'd gain maybe... 50 influence from losing, and sitting at the entrance the whole time they wouldn't gain any extra Renown, so I don't see there being a real upside to it.

Hillean on
    greenguy1980.jpg
  • Options
    LednehLedneh shinesquawk Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Also... who's /v/? Somebody mentioned they were rolling on Volkmar (where I plan to go). How bad is that?

a.jpg

I'm not.

Would it be wrong of me to say that that's extremely frightening?

Also, my log for today:

5:30 AM Pacific - wake up, log in to WAR, make my Witch Elf and Marauder, check queues in both zones, almost instant :D

6:15 AM Pacific - shower, go to work

6:00 PM Pacific - get home from work :cry:

Ledneh on
  • Options
    A-PuckA-Puck Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Well, I had enough time this morning to log in, create Squigglesworth and get him in the guild and grab the name Tyrant for my future Sorcerer.

Now I won't be able to play until Thursday :(

A-Puck on
    Soon... soon I will install you, my precious.
  • Options
    AvynteAvynte Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Huzzah, all my important character names have been reserved.

My DoK is 4/2, my one exam for the day is completed, and now it's time to join in the chorus that is singing the song that ends the world!

Avynte on
    ECOED.jpg
  • Options
    A-PuckA-Puck Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Ledneh wrote: »

a.jpg

I'm not.

Would it be wrong of me to say that that's extremely frightening?

Also, my log for today:

5:30 AM Pacific - wake up, log in to WAR, make my Witch Elf and Marauder, check queues in both zones, almost instant :D

6:15 AM Pacific - shower, go to work

6:00 PM Pacific - get home from work :cry:

Frightening? Yes. But also pretty awesome. It's the first time that I'm aware of that the global reach of the internet has actually had a (albeit small) impact on the real world in terms of organizing public action.

Not to mention that it was pretty damn fun to be part of a horde of people walking through Boston wearing masks.

A-Puck on
    Soon... soon I will install you, my precious.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I'm kinda glad Candymancers rolled on a CE server. We're gonna have a lot people who are interested in playing rather than cheating the system. Mainly because they're really into the game -- pretty much only the people that preordered will be on these servers .

Aumni on
  • Options
    DisDis Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Hillean wrote: »
    Question about RvR

I havent *seen* any idlers yet, but considering its only 12v12, losing 1-2 people can really fuck over a side.

They'd gain maybe... 50 influence from losing, and sitting at the entrance the whole time they wouldn't gain any extra Renown, so I don't see there being a real upside to it.

Looks like there is no proper solution for idlers in WAR too.
    So you ends up with 3 or 4 idlers you are screwed.

Since WAR is still NEW the idlers should be few but after a few months it might just end up like silly WoW BGs WSG/AB/EoS

Dis on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    But WAR's benefits to idling aren't worth the time it takes to click yes when the scenario box pops up.

Quid on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Question about RvR

Since WAR is still NEW the idlers should be few but after a few months it might just end up like silly WoW BGs WSG/AB/EoS

Except if we run into that shit we can just raid Keeps, cities, and do world RVR.

Aumni on
  • Options
    SelnerSelner Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Question about RvR

One other thing is that the Scenarios are rather quick, like 15min at the most. None of the multiple hour sorts of things.

So if you're idling, you have to get back in the queue every time the Scenario ends.

Also, there's Open Field RvR, like Battlefield Objectives and Keeps. You can't idle through those.

Selner on
  • Options
    acronomiconacronomicon Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Question about RvR

I'm not sure that there isn't a solution for idlers, though. The biggest reason people idled in WoW was because it was possible to get the rewards without doing anything. Idlers in WAR won't be able to gain the rewards, certainly not as quickly/reliably as in WoW.

Will the people/bots that AFK'd through battlegrounds in WoW afk in WAR when they can't actually gain anything for it?

acronomicon on
    32340.jpg
  • Options
    AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I guess my Chosen is out of action for who knows how long. I got a bug that has corrupted my bag, preventing me from equiping items, completing certain quests, or even seeing what is in my bag. :( The CSR said he can't do anything about it and I should file a bug report. :cry:

So now I have a new lvl 5 Magus to fill the gaping whole that is [strike]TSM's[/strike] Ulthuan's complete lack of Magus.

I still ran around with my Chosen doing awesome RvR, taking keeps and killin' Grudge last night but once we got to PQs it became evident how ineffective I am without being able to equip my newer loot. The plus side is I'm 12/RR11 now. :)

Accualt on
  • Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    So why am I just an initiate and not [strike]guild leader[/strike] a member?

Bama on
This discussion has been closed.