Options

[WAR] CE Headstart Now! SE the 16th, launch 18th.

• Options
    jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    As far as we know.

jkylefulton on
    tOkYVT2.jpg
  • Options
    subrollsubroll Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    perfect timing? or a cock tease?

Ill be getting up for work and sitting down to have coffee and breakfast just in time for the servers to open up. Have enough time to make my Black Orc and do a quest or two

subroll on
    Smash Friend Code: 4596-9134-3067
  • Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Hm, can't wait to get in, going to try Shammy and DoK, pick one as my main.

It'll be the first time evar that I haven't played a straight DPS class.

KiTA on
  • Options
    Judge-ZJudge-Z Teacher, for Great Justice Upstate NYRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    subroll wrote: »
    Shabooty wrote: »
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Zek wrote: »
    God damn it, there are only 2 people with the name Zek in all the servers and one of them just had to be on Ulthuan - some stupid dwarf that snagged it right off the bat. He is dead meat if I ever see him.

Stein is the name I use on my Dwarf characters, and someone already had it at 2pm on Sunday. :p

I must get the name Susan, but I don't know what server I'm gonna be on.

I'm having a really hard time thinking up a cool/unique name for my black orc :cry:

Tughnuhtz. Can't go wrong with Tughnuhtz.

Judge-Z on
    JudgeZed.png
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I wonder if "Doktor" is taken, so that I may have an Orc named Doktor Keeses, come last name.

...Naaaaaa.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    EckoEcko Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    God tier 2 scenarios need to kick up, leveling is so slow..

Ecko on
  • Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    How is the PVE in this? My friend that was obsessed with it and DAOC cited 2 reasons why he's not interested now -- The PVE and the lack of diversity. Of course, he said all the healer classes were the same, all the DPS classes were the same, etc, and looking at the healer classes there are 3 sub-archtypes, so...

Still, the PVE has me worried. Is it possible to level up without doing PVE at all?

KiTA on
  • Options
    Super_HappySuper_Happy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Anyone hear about any of the big (douchebags) guilds rolling on Bretonnia?

Super_Happy on
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    KiTA wrote: »
    How is the PVE in this? My friend that was obsessed with it and DAOC cited 2 reasons why he's not interested now -- The PVE and the lack of diversity. Of course, he said all the healer classes were the same, all the DPS classes were the same, etc, and looking at the healer classes there are 3 sub-archtypes, so...

Yeah, that last bit is pretty much completely wrong.
    Still, the PVE has me worried. Is it possible to level up without doing PVE at all?

Yup! Although, optimally you'll want to PvE while sitting in the queue for scenarios, which at least at this stage of the game, rarely take more than a half hour.

admanb on
  • Options
    DizzenDizzen Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

Not enjoyably. I mean, you can queue into a scenario from level one, but even with the rank adjustment thing, you'll only have your starting abilities, significantly limiting what you can do in those scenarios. But once you've gotten a few more abilities under your belt, then yeah, you can level up primarily through PvP.

Dizzen on
  • Options
    CryogenCryogen Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Yeah i dont really bother with scenarios till level 4 at least. a) By then you'll at least have a couple of basic options and b) it doesnt take very long at all to hit 4.

Someone needs to make a Ranged DPS class thread (and it needs to not suck, before some numbnuts makes a LOLDPS thread with no content). I would but i dont know anything but the Shadow Warrior.

Cryogen on
  • Options
    TimmerTimmer Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Yup, Level 4 is the first level I go into Scenarios, too. Enough tricks to do your main job by then.

RvR though I think I wait until level 8.

Timmer on
  • Options
    tehkensaitehkensai Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

tell him, with great authority, that he is a goddamn retard. This game has everything DAOC had and more.

It seems like you can RVR for everything. My friend and I did pretty much all of tier 1 in a day-starting with no gear and all. It can be a little rough at first, but honestly you can quest while waiting for queues and you'll be fine.

tehkensai on
    jAhPU.jpg
  • Options
    mynameisguidomynameisguido Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I don't think the zones are laid out very well in places. It's pretty convenient to get between warcamps, but trying to get to the next zone that you're supposed to go to can be quite a pain, especially if you need to go back to IC or something like that.

mynameisguido on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FightTestFightTest Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Less than 5.5 hours to go and I've again fallen into a state where I not only don't know what class I'm going to play, I'm not even sure what faction I'm going to play. Woooo.

FightTest on
    MOBA DOTA.
  • Options
    Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Dizzen wrote: »

Not enjoyably. I mean, you can queue into a scenario from level one, but even with the rank adjustment thing, you'll only have your starting abilities, significantly limiting what you can do in those scenarios. But once you've gotten a few more abilities under your belt, then yeah, you can level up primarily through PvP.

Honestly, it isn't that bad. He will get used to the PvP and PvE and how it all fits together. And yeah, it is very varied and unique. Camelot had somewhat stale PvE because it is last generations MMO in which you were expected to grind. With WAR, it's very detached. You get in, you kill a handful of guys, you get the loot, you go out, finish the quest, and there you have your level.

Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    hazywaterhazywater Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Looking over the realm war stuff, the six mouths is the biggest and greenest guild on ulthuan, far outnumbering any nearby guild.

hazywater on
    Hrin - Eve Online
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    TSM is on Ulthuan, then?

I'll be starting a Chosen tomorrow afternoon/evening, if anyone cares to play with me.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    Super_HappySuper_Happy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I will ask once more (because I got in at the bottom of the last page) has anyone heard about any of the big (douchebags) guilds rolling on Bretonnia?

Super_Happy on
  • Options
    NisslNissl Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I don't think the zones are laid out very well in places. It's pretty convenient to get between warcamps, but trying to get to the next zone that you're supposed to go to can be quite a pain, especially if you need to go back to IC or something like that.

They really, really should put flight masters in different chapters of a tier. Makes it pretty annoying to move between PVE and Open RVR seamlessly at some levels.

Nissl on
    360: Purkinje
  • Options
    zilozilo Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Also... who's /v/? Somebody mentioned they were rolling on Volkmar (where I plan to go). How bad is that?

zilo on
  • Options
    RedThornRedThorn Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    zilo wrote: »
    Also... who's /v/? Somebody mentioned they were rolling on Volkmar (where I plan to go). How bad is that?

/v/ is the 4chan video game section.

EDIT: So, pretty bad. I'm surprised they can organize anything though.

RedThorn on
    League of Legends: Drokmir
    Steam: Drokmir
  • Options
    ArkadyArkady Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    zilo wrote: »

/v is the video game board on 4chan. I think. It's some board off of 4chan.

Arkady on
    untitled-1.jpg
    LoL: failboattootoot
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I will ask once more (because I got in at the bottom of the last page) has anyone heard about any of the big (douchebags) guilds rolling on Bretonnia?

No, what about them? As far as I know, Bretonnia, Urgrim, and Vortex rolled out later in the day and so none of the biggest guilds rolled there. It does seem like they are a little lower pop and maybe a bit more imbalanced towards Destruction than the launch servers right now. For reference, the largest guild there has 26 players and there are only 5 guilds showing up total. Guilds >100 players on wardb ATM (and a few other guilds of interest), since several people seem to want the info:

*Over 100 members

Averheim:
    Candymancers, Order
    Dusk Till Dawn*, Destruction

Azazel:
    Vendetta*, Order
    Goon Squad*, Destruction Chapter

Badlands:
    The Old Timers Guild*, Destruction Chapter

Iron Rock:
    Sinister Swarm*, Destruction

Skull Throne:
    Goon Squad*, Order Chpater
    Divinity*, Order

Ulthuan:
    Bat Country/F13 Alliance, Order
    Grudge, Order
    Vigilant Addiction, Order
    Blood Eagle, Destruction
    Hammerfist Clan, Destruction
    The Six Mouths*, Destruction

Volkmar:
    Sturmgrenadier, Order
    The Old Timers Guild*, Order Chapter
    Armata Tenebrae, Destruction
    Carnage, Destruction

Nissl on
  • Options
    CryogenCryogen Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Greetings!

In order to prepare for the Standard Edition Head Start all servers will be coming down in at 3AM EDT for an update. All servers are expected to be online before the Head Start begins at 7AM EDT.

We will update here with any news or information. Thank you!

From the herald.

Cryogen on
  • Options
    meatflowermeatflower Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I like how the Goons rolled on completely different servers than everyone was saying.

They do that every time, and people still think they know where they're going. They purposely spread disinformation about where they're going because people try to avoid them. Candymancers almost went to Azaezal, it was between that and two others.

meatflower on
    archer_sig-2.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    TSM almost went to Azazel too. It was basically down to Ulthuan and Azazel, and we leaned to Ulthuan because the Candymancers were planning to roll there.

GS declared servers, nobody showed up, then they tried to move to servers where they can get at least a little better balance. I will say that it was amusing to see their rep and guild leader saying different things about their Order chapter at the same time. Perhaps it was just miscommunication, but I doubt it.

Nissl on
  • Options
    grrarggrrarg Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Ecko wrote: »
    God tier 2 scenarios need to kick up, leveling is so slow..

I hope lots and lots of random SE Head Start people go Order on Ulthuan. The population balance doesn't seem that bad; it's just there aren't enough people period.

grrarg on
  • Options
    MorskittarMorskittar Lord Warlock Engineer SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    To be fair, we pulled a swerve too. Volkmar filled up unexpectedly though.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    zilozilo Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Ugh. I don't wanna be on the same server as Sturm and OTG yet again.

Here's hoping I can con my pals into rolling with the Mouths.

zilo on
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    *counts hours*

One.. Two.. Three... Uh. Three and one, three and two, three and three... Three and three and two?

I lost count.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    MorskittarMorskittar Lord Warlock Engineer SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I understand that Bat Country is bringing a few allied guilds along, that should push close to our numbers.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Options
    SonorkSonork CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Hooray! I hope Our server balances somewhat well, nothing to do but wait till tomorrow and see.

Sonork on
  • Options
    AeonfellAeonfell Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Having a blast, but there's definitely crickets in tier 2. Can't wait until my friends join up along with the slew of others to get things going, this game really does need a nice pop to reach it's full potential.

Aeonfell on
  • Options
    Ash-HousewaresAsh-Housewares TARDIS Hunter Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Tomorrow i think I'll start a new level 1 guy to dink around in T1 content again.

Though, I really want to get my sorc up to 18 before release.

Ash-Housewares on
  • Options
    KarrmerKarrmer Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    What does this 7 AM time translate into for PST?

Karrmer on
  • Options
    MooblyMoobly Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    So close, yet so far. I'm not sitting here trying to figure out why the hell I'm stuck between an IB and BW, they're not even remotely close to each other, but I'm still torn. Time to start the coin flipping I guess.

Moobly on
    steam_sig.png

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. "
    -Aldous Huxley
  • Options
    AeonfellAeonfell Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Moobly wrote: »
    So close, yet so far. I'm not sitting here trying to figure out why the hell I'm stuck between an IB and BW, they're not even remotely close to each other, but I'm still torn. Time to start the coin flipping I guess.

Both.

Aeonfell on
  • Options
    mynameisguidomynameisguido Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Tomorrow i think I'll start a new level 1 guy to dink around in T1 content again.

Though, I really want to get my sorc up to 18 before release.

I was thinking about doing this myself, if for no other reason than the fact that it's going to be batshit insane everywhere.

mynameisguido on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MooblyMoobly Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Aeonfell wrote: »
    Moobly wrote: »

Both.

I'm too easily distracted to roll both. If I don't roll one and stick to it, I'll never level either properly. Then, I'll get frustrated because neither of them will be going "right" and I'll roll something else. This is an endless circle that leads to 25 alts on 5 servers, none of which are above 30. So it'll have to be one, then when I'm satisfied I've done what I want with that one, in like 3 months, then I can move to the first alt.

Moobly on
    steam_sig.png

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. "
    -Aldous Huxley
This discussion has been closed.