Options

WoW: WotLK Release Date Set at 11/13/08 [Chat and General Discussion]

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    There's a whole camp there. I'm not sure if there's a patrol, but there's enough in your face that unless someone is farming wool or you're level 20+ it (was anyway) virtually impossible to not get aggro.

EDIT: Yes, also alligators hiding in the water 5 feet away from the road in half of wetlands. Good times.

In summary; no, TB-> org is nothing even remotely close to darn -> IF.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    Forar wrote: »
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/1/10043252440-upcoming-honor-items-and-honor-reset.html

So, the verdict is in. 4 new cloaks, 4 new trinkets, and the honour bought gems are no longer unique or soulbound.

... really? That's it? That'd better not be the extend of there 'special items', because thus far I'm not exactly astounded or astonished by these.

the honor bought gems being unique isnt that great anyway werent they equivalent to epic badge gems anyway?
    which are so common that level 60s are socketing the level 60 ramparts loot with them?

I have been told by a guildie in the beta, that VERY briefly, the Amani War Bear was on the vendor for 75k honor.

Then the server mysteriously went down and it vanished upon return.

MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Henroid wrote: »
    I've never been killed running from Camp T to XR or the other way around. You literally stick to the road and you're safe. No fuckin' alligators waiting nearby to bite your ass.
    There's the alliance outrunners.

[2:Barrens Local Defence]Chkn0rri5: OMG guyz, 4 mounted alliance ganked me!

-SPI- on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    -SPI- wrote: »
    I've never been killed running from Camp T to XR or the other way around. You literally stick to the road and you're safe. No fuckin' alligators waiting nearby to bite your ass.
    There's the alliance outrunners.

[2:Barrens Local Defence]Chkn0rri5: OMG guyz, 4 mounted alliance ganked me!

They are unique mobs that path along half the zone. They're rather noticable. And again, they aren't right alongside (or on) the road like the gators in the Wetlands.

Also Local Defense is channel three and I'm getting tired of this trend where people are spelling it as "Defence" as of late.

Henroid on
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Take up your complaints with the english language, that's how the word is spelled.

(You damned septics, spelling your words wrong and then critisizing the rest of the world for spelling it right :P)

-SPI- on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Not according to my browser's spellchecker.

Henroid on
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Mgcw wrote: »
    Now that's a model for Sylvanas I can get behind.
    :winky:

815165 on
  • Options
    AldarezAldarez Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Not according to my browser's spellchecker.

Which uses an American dictionary.

Aldarez on
    2188939-1.png
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_and_British_English_spelling_differences#-ce.2C_-se
    Nouns ending in -ce with -se verb forms: American English and British English both retain the noun/verb distinction in advice / advise and device / devise, but American English has abandoned the distinction with licence / license and practice / practise (where the two words in each pair are homophones) that British spelling retains. American English uses practice and license for both meanings.

Also, American English has kept the Anglo-French spelling for defense and offense, which are usually defence and offence in British English; similarly there are the American pretense and British pretence; but derivatives such as defensive, offensive, and pretension are always thus spelled in both systems.

Ignorant yankee assholes, am I right? :)

The Wolfman on
    "The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I'm still doing it right, being an American and all! <.<

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    So that in-game video that's been linked today is miles better than the Wrath cinematic.

815165 on
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Hmm, game client says my locale is enUS to me... ;-)

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    enUS? More like anUS!

reVerse on
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    There's a whole camp there. I'm not sure if there's a patrol, but there's enough in your face that unless someone is farming wool or you're level 20+ it (was anyway) virtually impossible to not get aggro.

EDIT: Yes, also alligators hiding in the water 5 feet away from the road in half of wetlands. Good times.

I have been killed by raptors on that run.(between org and tb) And I have actually pulled off a run from Loch Modan to Menethil where I haven't died.

I have played more alliance characters up to 20 then I care to think about. I know that run quite well, and that asshole Orc is still at that point right above the first tunnel leading from Wetlands to Loch Modan, sometimes you get lucky and someone doing that quest will have killed him.

Regardless, a Zepp between Org and TB would be nice.

Seg on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Org and TB need to be compared to each other like IF and SW. So if anything, you should be saying that TB and Org need a Deeprun Tram built between them.

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Some sort of Tauren flying machine would be pretty cool, or maybe you could hand-glide from the top of the totem in TB to Org.

815165 on
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Or they could set up a pair of large catapults and catching nets to hurl people on a ballistic path between the two cities. Have it launch like once every 2-3 minutes, then take that long to wind it back up again.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    that would be beyond awesome

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Org and TB need to be compared to each other like IF and SW. So if anything, you should be saying that TB and Org need a Deeprun Tram built between them.

Except that you can run between org and tb safely without being level 50. Without the tram there would be no reasonable way to get from IF to SW or vice versa.

It's not the same at all.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    Walrus PeteWalrus Pete Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

Except that you can run between org and tb safely without being level 50. Without the tram there would be no reasonable way to get from IF to SW or vice versa.

It's not the same at all.

The horde gets easier on-foot city-to-city runs to make up for the fact that they get smelly goblins and their smelly blimps instead of boats.

Walrus Pete on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    man zepplins are a lot better than boats

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    They aren't seriously making aimed shot instant cast?

I think the devs have had a breakdown.

Rami on
    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Dyscord wrote: »

Oh yeah, because Goblin engineering is just SOOO much more reliable! One minute you're riding on the Zepplin about to dock at the tower outside Orgrimmar, and the next, BOOM, flames everywhere! OH THE HUMANITY!

Henroid on
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

Oh yeah, because Goblin engineering is just SOOO much more reliable! One minute you're riding on the Zepplin about to dock at the tower outside Orgrimmar, and the next, BOOM, flames everywhere! OH THE ORCITY!

Fix'd. Cause, you know, it's Orgrimmar.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

Oh yeah, because Goblin engineering is just SOOO much more reliable! One minute you're riding on the Zepplin about to zone into Tirisfal Glade, and the next the entire zep disappears and you plummet into the water and drown from fatigue. OH THE HUMANITY!

Fixed for accuracy. :)

The Wolfman on
    "The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    ImperfectImperfect Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Rami wrote: »
    They aren't seriously making aimed shot instant cast?

I think the devs have had a breakdown.

They are. And I think it's crazy too, but Hunters need SOMETHING to un-break all the fuckuppery that's been going on in that class of late.

Imperfect on
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Maybe, but the answer certainly isn't another instant cast massive damage ability they can destroy you with from 43 yards away while running and doing backflips.

Rami on
    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Thomamelas on
  • Options
    ZeroCowZeroCow Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    This was posted yesterday. :wink:

ZeroCow on
    PSN ID - Buckeye_Bert
    Magic Online - Bertro
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    ZeroCow wrote: »

It's worth posting again.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    HerothHeroth Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Wombat02 wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    Septus wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »
    It's also kind of cute when you recruit a newbie and they get their first purple evar and practically have an orgasm over vent.

And is a girl?

Well, either way, but yeah if she's a girl with a southern accent it goes triple.

What's the multiplier for a girl with an Australian accent?

That is a hard one. Depends on the Australian accent, some sound super hot other creep me out. Though one of the most annoying dudes in my guild is Australian so I may have a built in bias.

You miss me! admit it!

Heroth on
    1Gn4PNI.png
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    ZeroCow wrote: »

It's worth posting again.

I would like to see it in person rather than as a movie

Brainleech on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    It's essentially the same either way, maybe contextually different.

815165 on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Seg wrote: »

I have been killed by raptors on that run.(between org and tb) And I have actually pulled off a run from Loch Modan to Menethil where I haven't died.

I have played more alliance characters up to 20 then I care to think about. I know that run quite well, and that asshole Orc is still at that point right above the first tunnel leading from Wetlands to Loch Modan, sometimes you get lucky and someone doing that quest will have killed him.

The run is completely worth it for alliance though, as you can pick up about 6-7 critical flight paths on your journey. Which saves you time when you're level 10+ and need to go to those areas and wow, I suddenly don't have to run when I want to quest now.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    DecoyDecoy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    bowen wrote: »
    Seg wrote: »

The run is completely worth it for alliance though, as you can pick up about 6-7 critical flight paths on your journey. Which saves you time when you're level 10+ and need to go to those areas and wow, I suddenly don't have to run when I want to quest now.

Thank you! I have a buddy at work I just got to start playing WoW, which is also his first MMO. He doesn't feel a pressing need to get flight paths, his excuse being he enjoys the exploration aspect of the game. I should have seen it coming though since rather than play on my server, he jumped on an RP server and is role-playing as a female NE druid.

Also, he also couldn't understand why I told him it was bad to put points throughout all 3 talent trees evenly. "Then you'll be good at everything", he says.

I guess I've forgotten what it was like to be a n00b....or n00ber than I am now.

WTB Elixir of Patience pst.

/wrists

Decoy on
  • Options
    FugaFuga Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I hope you told him to roll need on everything.

Fuga on
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    Forar wrote: »
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/1/10043252440-upcoming-honor-items-and-honor-reset.html

So, the verdict is in. 4 new cloaks, 4 new trinkets, and the honour bought gems are no longer unique or soulbound.

... really? That's it? That'd better not be the extend of there 'special items', because thus far I'm not exactly astounded or astonished by these.

the honor bought gems being unique isnt that great anyway werent they equivalent to epic badge gems anyway?
    which are so common that level 60s are socketing the level 60 ramparts loot with them?

I have been told by a guildie in the beta, that VERY briefly, the Amani War Bear was on the vendor for 75k honor.

Then the server mysteriously went down and it vanished upon return.

If there isn't anything better on the vendors by the time our honour and marks are on the verge of being wiped, I think I'll snag a Stormpike Ram, another PVP mount, and will ponder doing enough BG's to earn a third PVP mount. Which is sort of stupid for someone who was opposed to doing BG's at all with the full wipe coming, but I figure I might as well get something out of it, and a couple more mounts towards that achievement would be nice. After that I'd probably just blow all my honour on gems for socketing in gear I get as I level.

But I do hope they manage to give us something a little less underwhelming than some cloaks and trinkets.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    DecoyDecoy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Fuga wrote: »

Oh trust me he did that already.

Explaining the need/greed system was like teaching a 2 year old to tie their shoes over the phone.

"I'm an enchanter, why can't I need everything. I need to disenchant it to level my enchanting."

Decoy on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Decoy wrote: »
    Fuga wrote: »

Oh trust me he did that already.

Explaining the need/greed system was like teaching a 2 year old to tie their shoes over the phone.

"I'm an enchanter, why can't I need everything. I need to disenchant it to level my enchanting."

That kind of shit gets you booted from guilds.

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I'm totally surprised when I hear about people like that, I haven't pugged with anyone like that for over 5 minutes in like a year.

<3 being the tank

815165 on
This discussion has been closed.