Options

WoW: WotLK Release Date Set at 11/13/08 [Chat and General Discussion]

• Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Fairchild wrote: »
    Halfmex wrote: »
    Just so long as they don't pull some shit like "exclusive undead mount purchaseable only via Necrotic Runes which are no longer available! New mount for those people shrewd enough to hang onto shit that had very little use even when they did drop and nothing for those who didn't hang onto them even though we never gave you any indication that you'd need them again!"

That said, I still have 40 stashed away on my human rogue, but that doesn't help my main the rest of my hordies out any.
    Actually, Blizzard did promise that the Runes would eventually have some in-game use. Of course Blizzard makes lots of promises, not all of which are kept, so after a while people stopped believing them and ditched their Runes.
    Exactly, they also said just last year "don't worry if you didn't get enough tickets for a brewfest ram this year, you can just get the remainder at next year's brewfest and buy it then!"

So I don't put much stock into what the CMs/devs say these days.

Halfmex on
  • Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Remember when Blizzard said that every class was eventually going to have class-based racials like the priest racials? I was really looking forward to that :-/
    Remember when every class was going to have its own super-duper epic item ? But Blizzard only created them for Priests and Hunters before deciding that they were a bad idea after all. Thanks a bunch.
    Well technically you have Quel'Serrar for Warriors (and paladins?) as well, but that's not quite the same thing.

I've wanted "epic" weapons in this game since I first started playing. That was one of my favorite things about EQ - the quest to get my Shadowknight's epic sword or polearm (I went with the polearm) once I hit 50.

Halfmex on
  • Options
    ArvoArvo Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Seg wrote: »
    I needed packspace so got rid of the 3 or 4 I had.

edit: You used them to purchase some pretty meh items that were focused at fighting the Scourge leading up to the opening of Naxx.

Oh, I get it now. The "using them soon" part is talking about the big in game event for the lich king. They're gunna drop those things again when we do it. And probably buy stuff with them the same way.

Arvo on
    Vertro.png
    5090509oKRAv.png<<<Links to Armory
  • Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    The priest racials were a terrible idea and you should be happy you don't have them.

shadowane on
  • Options
    WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Is that like starshards or something?

I fucking hate starfuckingshards

"Hi, I know you are about 6,000 yards away from me, and there are about 17,000 buildings in between us, but guess what! My startshards are still killing you lolz!"

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    MgcwMgcw Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    My starshards... let them kill you.

Mgcw on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I don't really have a choice now do I?

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    CloS?

Halfmex on
  • Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    In regards to Lordaeron and who has rights to it...
    Varian: Human city! Mine!
    Thrall (grabbing some random Forsaken): This guy's a bonafide citizen of Lordaeron and member of the Horde. What have you got?
    Varian: Bull, dead people don't own property. Lordaeron has been ours for generations, I'm not letting your rotting squatters keep it, especially after they tried to kill everyone. Here's an assload of deeds and paperwork this random dwarf found in Scholomance!
    Arthas: Uh, guys? It's actually my city. You know, crown prince and all? Actually I guess I'm king now due to the fact my father is dead in a not-coming-back kind of way. So why don't both of you just fuck right off?

*silent pause*

Varian: So Thrall, I've got several thousand High Elves sitting around and I think it's about high time I kick your crackhead Elves out of Silvermoon. That city was an ally of the Alliance for generations!
    Thrall: /sigh

Lars on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Man who even plays Rogue's anymore. They are soooo 2 months ago.

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Every class in this game should be rogues. All rogues all the time. World of Roguecraft: Wrath of the Rogue Rogue.

Halfmex on
  • Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Lars wrote: »
    In regards to Lordaeron and who has rights to it...
    Varian: Human city! Mine!
    Thrall (grabbing some random Forsaken): This guy's a bonafide citizen of Lordaeron and member of the Horde. What have you got?
    Varian: Bull, dead people don't own property. Lordaeron has been ours for generations, I'm not letting your rotting squatters keep it, especially after they tried to kill everyone. Here's an assload of deeds and paperwork this random dwarf found in Scholomance!
    Arthas: Uh, guys? It's actually my city. You know, crown prince and all? Actually I guess I'm king now due to the fact my father is dead in a not-coming-back kind of way. So why don't both of you just fuck right off?

*silent pause*

Varian: So Thrall, I've got several thousand High Elves sitting around and I think it's about high time I kick your crackhead Elves out of Silvermoon. That city was an ally of the Alliance for generations!
    Thrall: /sigh

Now I have to make a shirt that says My King could beat up your Warchief.

Mgcw on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Wrath of the rouge Rogue.

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    dojangodojango Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    also, shouldn't the alliance be more concerned with retaking elwynn forest and westfall and redridge then worrying their pretty little heads about lorderan? and last i checked, 50% or more of the humans have been killed off or transitioned to an unliving state since WC1; where are they going to get the people to repopulate Lorderan?

dojango on
  • Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    From those billions of Gnomes hanging around Ironforge and Shattrath, of course.

Fairchild on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    From those billions of Gnomes hanging around Ironforge and Shattrath, of course.

Oh my god, I would probably die laughing if Lordaeron were to be taken back for the Gnomes.

Mgcw on
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    dojango wrote: »
    also, shouldn't the alliance be more concerned with retaking elwynn forest and westfall and redridge then worrying their pretty little heads about lorderan? and last i checked, 50% or more of the humans have been killed off or transitioned to an unliving state since WC1; where are they going to get the people to repopulate Lorderan?
    If they could retroactively apply phasing to the game...
    the Defias presence in Elwynn and Westfall would probably be gone for everyone who killed Van Cleef.

815165 on
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Mgcw wrote: »

Oh my god, I would probably die laughing if Lordaeron were to be taken back for the Gnomes.

"Hey guys? You know Gnomer is right outside Ironforge right? And we are so much stronger than the troggs and irradiated gnomes in there now we could just send in one city guard to clear out the place right?"

"Yeah, but trying to take Lordaeron away from the Forsaken would be more fun"

Nobody on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    815165 wrote: »
    dojango wrote: »
    If they could retroactively apply phasing to the game...
    the Defias presence in Elwynn and Westfall would probably be gone.

But then what the hell would you do if you started a human. Walk around 2 zones with absolutely no enemies to level up on?

Arvo on
    Vertro.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    You'd be on a different character, so you'd be in a different phase. My edit in the spoilered post is probably more clear.

815165 on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Nobody wrote: »

"Hey guys? You know Gnomer is right outside Ironforge right? And we are so much stronger than the troggs and irradiated gnomes in there now we could just send in one city guard to clear out the place right?"

The dwarves are getting pissed off putting up with the Gnomes, Gnomeregan is not far enough away!

Mgcw on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

The dwarves are getting pissed off putting up with the Gnomes, Gnomeregan is not far enough away!

Nah. Gnomes are the only basketball team that the Dwarves can beat. So they like having them around.

Arvo on
    Vertro.png
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

True, but with gnomish technology is there such a thing as "far enough away?"

"Whew, we finally got rid of those gnomes"

(insert massive grinding noise, and a giant drill breaks through into ironforge. Gnome pops out of the cockpit)

"Hey guys, we're just attaching Lordaeron to the tram network"

Nobody on
  • Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I'll never understand why the Gnomes are completely incapable of taking back Gnomeregan. The highest level mob there is like level 28.

Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    TheEmergedTheEmerged Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    RE: Guild Drama. I know what caused it -- I was thinking about trying to get into a "real" guild again. Something like this always happens when I do that :P

RE: Necrotic Runes. I'm hoping they're REAL useful, all 141* of them I still have in the bank :o

*Just checked, so my memory was off by one...

TheEmerged on
    Sometimes, the knights are the monsters
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I'll never understand why the Gnomes are completely incapable of taking back Gnomeregan. The highest level mob there is like level 28.
    I don't get why those assholes don't give you gas masks when they send you into their death-trap city.

815165 on
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/community/comics/gallery.html#199

MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Remember when Blizzard said that every class was eventually going to have class-based racials like the priest racials? I was really looking forward to that :-/
    Remember when every class was going to have its own super-duper epic item ? But Blizzard only created them for Priests and Hunters before deciding that they were a bad idea after all. Thanks a bunch.

Assuming my memory isn't failing, this isn't how that went down.

They made the 'epic weapon chains' for the priests and hunters. Full stop. They commented later on a desire to make more such chains, and then admitted in that in hindsight, making those two quest chains without making them for the other classes was a mistake. They said that if they were to do it again, they'd do a quest chain for each class at the same time.

Which is probably why we've never seen similar quest chains since. They'd have to make 30+ quest lines and items that were balanced to be difficult enough an achievement to be worth something, but simultaneously common enough to justify the time and effort involved.

Which is a pity, because doing the hunter chain back at 60 was awesome, and I have the bow and staff in my bank to this day.

So, anyway, they looked at the idea, and while that may have been part of the plan at one point, it was never touted as a game feature or anything, at least as far as I can recall.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    MuddBudd wrote: »

I really enjoyed the guy getting his alt one.

Arvo on
    Vertro.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Forar wrote: »

Assuming my memory isn't failing, this isn't how that went down.

They made the 'epic weapon chains' for the priests and hunters. Full stop. They commented later on a desire to make more such chains, and then admitted in that in hindsight, making those two quest chains without making them for the other classes was a mistake. They said that if they were to do it again, they'd do a quest chain for each class at the same time.

Which is probably why we've never seen similar quest chains since. They'd have to make 30+ quest lines and items that were balanced to be difficult enough an achievement to be worth something, but simultaneously common enough to justify the time and effort involved.

Which is a pity, because doing the hunter chain back at 60 was awesome, and I have the bow and staff in my bank to this day.

So, anyway, they looked at the idea, and while that may have been part of the plan at one point, it was never touted as a game feature or anything, at least as far as I can recall.

I don't see how hard it can be to make a quest chain that just has you kill all the bosses in instances, then say the last part is a random drop quest item off Arthas. There, now its a class spasific item thats not terribly common.

Arvo on
    Vertro.png
  • Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Arvo wrote: »
    I don't see how hard it can be to make a quest chain that just has you kill all the bosses in instances, then say the last part is a random drop quest item off Arthas. There, now its a class spasific item thats not terribly common.

Well, keep in mind that any such quest lines will be compared to the Hunter/Priest ones, which involved entirely unique encounters outside of the dungeons (and solo). They were a test of skill, not the skill of the raid crew.

As for 'kill every boss in an instance', we already have that. It's just that the loot drops off the bosses, and doesn't require them to write and code a quest line. Though it'd be nice to have a portion of the loot tables dedicated to each class through such a quest line; less RNG fuckmuppetry for everyone!

... which is why it'd never happen.

Fucking RNG.

Forar on
    First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    There should still be more class-specific weapons with class-specific equip/use bonuses. Make them part of the tier sets or something. I thought they tossed an idea like that around once before and I never saw anything come of it.

Halfmex on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Forar wrote: »

Well, keep in mind that any such quest lines will be compared to the Hunter/Priest ones, which involved entirely unique encounters outside of the dungeons (and solo). They were a test of skill, not the skill of the raid crew.

As for 'kill every boss in an instance', we already have that. It's just that the loot drops off the bosses, and doesn't require them to write and code a quest line. Though it'd be nice to have a portion of the loot tables dedicated to each class through such a quest line; less RNG fuckmuppetry for everyone!

... which is why it'd never happen.

Fucking RNG.

Ya, obviously you don't want to make it to easy. But with all the other crazy quests they put in, I don't see why its so much of a time sink for the programmers. Look at all the BC quests they made. Shit, half of them never get done by most people. Look at all the friggin long ass chain quests in Shadowmoon. Theres only about 2 people I know that have done all that crap. Why can't they just cut some of that nonsense out for quests that people would actually want to complete.

Arvo on
    Vertro.png
  • Options
    Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to. Philosophy: Stoicism. Politics: Democratic SocialistRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2008
    Class specific? I want race specific weapons, dammit!

Munkus Beaver on
    Humor can be dissected as a frog can, but dies in the process.
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I've said this one before.

I just want my damn cat form quest already.

MuddBudd on
    There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    edited September 2008

Well that won't work. What are gnome mages gunna do with a gnome only gun?

Arvo on
    Vertro.png
  • Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    MuddBudd wrote: »

The funny thing is the handful of Gnomes in Ironforge could easily take it back. Hell, the High Tinker could solo the whole thing.
    It's still not quite as bad as the Trolls, though. They've been evicted like 3 times already. The first time was by murlocs. The most recent time is a non-elite level 10 who's not even in an instance or anything. He's just standing around outside. Random players can kill him before even figuring out where Orgrimmar is on the map.

Lars on
  • Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

Well that won't work. What are gnome mages gunna do with a gnome only gun?

pew.

Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Ya, obviously you don't want to make it to easy. But with all the other crazy quests they put in, I don't see why its so much of a time sink for the programmers. Look at all the BC quests they made. Shit, half of them never get done by most people. Look at all the friggin long ass chain quests in Shadowmoon. Theres only about 2 people I know that have done all that crap. Why can't they just cut some of that nonsense out for quests that people would actually want to complete.
    -raises hand-

I was one of them.

Fairchild on
This discussion has been closed.