As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Heroes Volume 4: Fugitives - It ended with a whimper

• Options
    smokmnkysmokmnky Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Some of the escapee villains.

http://community.livejournal.com/ohnotheydidnt/27945678.html#cutid1

Nothing particularly interesting so far. One sounds like a rip-off of Trauma, one Magneto-lite, one sounds exactly like Cheerleaders mum (it looks like everyone is related to her in some way, no wonder she has such a personality issue) and one the Puppetmaster.

I dunno about you guys but when I'm billing these guys as horrible villains so destructive and powerful that they needed to be locked away, I wouldn't describe them as "a confused kid who got caught up between doing the right thing and the wrong thing".

I give the 6 listed except maybe the German one season. None of them sound particularly interesting and theres no evil, hot women?

You missed the Male version of Black Canary

smokmnky on
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Voice powers are hardly rare in mainstream comics. Here's a few I can think of off the top of my head:

Black Canary
    Black Bolt
    Banshee

And claiming that Heroes is being unoriginal with its character concepts is hardly fair. How many characters in Marvel or DC can fly? How many have super strength? How many have super speed? Or hearing? Or some sort of beam attack?

I get the feeling that people just like bitching about Heroes.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Voice powers are hardly rare in mainstream comics. Here's a few I can think of off the top of my head:

Black Canary
    Black Bolt
    Banshee

And claiming that Heroes is being unoriginal with its character concepts is hardly fair. How many characters in Marvel or DC can fly? How many have super strength? How many have super speed? Or hearing? Or some sort of beam attack?

Don't forget Siren

Xaquin on
  • Options
    Dr. FrenchensteinDr. Frenchenstein Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Oh man, 2 awesome guys from the wire!! Bubbs and Marlo!! I don't get the hate on this show, it seems like misplaced fanboy hatred becuase someone is doing superhero shows and they think it can be better. since it's not up to their standards, it's stupid and so is everyone who likes it. I'm all for constructive criticism, but "No that's retarded" is just not. I'm sure their "re-write" would be deemed as retarded or moreso by plenty of people as well.

I admit, the second season was nowhere near as good as the first, but i've got high hopes for season 3. I do not get how Peter Petrelli is a bad character, he wants to be a hero, but when he finds out he is THE hero, he's scared as shit. i don't see the stupidity in that. I mean seriously, if suddenly, you can fly but then you can't and when you try to fly; you die, and come back. and then you go radioactive for no reason, wouldn't you be freaked out and just want to be normal again?

Dr. Frenchenstein on
  • Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Balefuego wrote: »
    I read spoilers for the season premiere and things don't look promising

I found the spoilers over at:

http://io9.com/5029549/heroes-goes-hyper-in-season-three-premiere
    We're going into 4400 territory now?

lwt1973 on
    "He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Wish we could expect more visually interesting powers, but I suppose budget constraints prevent that.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    None of them sound particularly interesting and theres no evil, hot women?

Wasn't there some really hot girl playing an Evil Speedster?

What happened to her?

Sharp101 on
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    there's an evil speedster chick in the season premiere

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    The speedster is in the trailer that is in the original post, if you want to see her.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Ah, from what DarkWarrior I thought she was dropped from the show or something.

Sharp101 on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

Black Canary
    Black Bolt
    Banshee

I wasn't complaining, just pointing out that DW missed the Black Canary voice person. I actually like Heroes and am looking forward to next Monday

smokmnky on
  • Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008
    I was only talking about the people from level 5 or wahtever its called. The supposedly creme de la evil

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I was only talking about the people from level 5 or wahtever its called. The supposedly creme de la evil

Yeah but the dude from Veronica Mars (Weevil) has the sonic voice and you didn't talk about him

smokmnky on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    hahaha oh shit, Weevil is in it this season?

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Xaquin wrote: »

Black Canary
    Black Bolt
    Banshee

Don't forget Siren
    Siryn, man, don't forget the y

Where were you in the 90s

Wildcat on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Balefuego wrote: »
    hahaha oh shit, Weevil is in it this season?

Yup, slowly I think that Veronica Mars will take over Heroes and then we'll get a 4th season

smokmnky on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    You all will think I'm joking when I say that I will watch this no matter how bad it gets just because it has Weevil and Veronica in it

but I'm not

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited September 2008
    let me know when it gets mac and/or keith and we'll talk

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    frayfray Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Oh man, 2 awesome guys from the wire!! Bubbs and Marlo!! I don't get the hate on this show, it seems like misplaced fanboy hatred becuase someone is doing superhero shows and they think it can be better. since it's not up to their standards, it's stupid and so is everyone who likes it. I'm all for constructive criticism, but "No that's retarded" is just not. I'm sure their "re-write" would be deemed as retarded or moreso by plenty of people as well.

I admit, the second season was nowhere near as good as the first, but i've got high hopes for season 3. I do not get how Peter Petrelli is a bad character, he wants to be a hero, but when he finds out he is THE hero, he's scared as shit. i don't see the stupidity in that. I mean seriously, if suddenly, you can fly but then you can't and when you try to fly; you die, and come back. and then you go radioactive for no reason, wouldn't you be freaked out and just want to be normal again?

Bubbles and Marlo in Heroes? Well, shit. Now I might have to actually watch some of this crap.

fray on
    "I told you," said Ford. "Eddies in the space-time continuum."
    "And this is his sofa, is it?" said Arthur.
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Beaver Casablancas would have made a better Puppetmaster.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited September 2008
    he's busy having superpowers on a crappier show

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    he's busy having superpowers on a crappier show

Is Smallville crappier? I haven't watched it in a while.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I quit watching Smallville around season 3 or 4. I'm way behind, as I notice that they're running ads for season 7 in almost every comic that's come out in the last month.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Early Smallville is probably better than Heroes, but Heroes has the benefit of not having been run into the ground.

Still, Chloe is pretty foxy.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    The first 2, maybe 3 seasons of Smallville are absolute crap. It's gotten better, but honestly the only thing that makes me put up with the emotional drama and constant amnesia are the Green Arrow episodes.

Scooter on
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    You know what, I like Heroes. I'm hoping this season starts strong and gives people something to watch on TV.

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Wildcat wrote: »
    Xaquin wrote: »

Black Canary
    Black Bolt
    Banshee

Don't forget Siren
    Siryn, man, don't forget the y

Where were you in the 90s

collecting Batman =)

Xaquin on
  • Options
    kdrudykdrudy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Man, if there is a speedster I essentially want them to be the Blur from the new Squadron Supreme, not evil.

I'm hoping it's good, real villains to oppose at least gives the heroes a better focus.

kdrudy on
    tvsfrank.jpg
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I really hope that villans are grey. Just like life.

Toxic Toys on
  • Options
    MC MysteryMC Mystery Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I loved Season 1 of Heroes. "Season 2" should've just gotten cliffhangered till after the strike. I'm so confused by the pacing decisions they've made.

MC Mystery on
    Your sig is too tall. -Thanatos
    l_cd41a4eb4e2844f196a9c3046df33f47.jpg
  • Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Toxic Toys wrote: »
    I really hope that villans are grey. Just like life.

Subtlety is not one of the shows strong suits.

Bloods End on
  • Options
    Unearthly StewUnearthly Stew Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I like Sylar as a villain myself. He's like a non-robotic version of mega man.

Unearthly Stew on
  • Options
    ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2008
    non-robotic are exactly the words i would never use to describe the guy who plays sylar.

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    VirralVirral Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Awww I like the Sylar guy!

Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    he's one of my absolute least favorite characters on the show

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    When they finally get around to introducing a good villain, they should have him or her kill Sylar.

Robos A Go Go on
  • Options
    VirralVirral Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    It's funny how that can happen, because I actually think Sylar is one of my favourites.

Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I really liked Sylar until season 2.

Toxic Toys on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Dale: That sound, in your heart. What is it?

Sylar: Murder.

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    mattharvestmattharvest Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Servo wrote: »
    Dale: That sound, in your heart. What is it?

Sylar: Murder.

Okay, that was a good corny line, but it's insane. He's written like Doctor Doom, i.e. beyond unrealistic sounding.

mattharvest on