star_command_revolution_05.jpg

(Really running out of ideas here.)

ZackSchilling on
    ghost-robot.jpg
  • Options
    nyarlanyarla Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Command Adventures: Starship ?
    Command Adventures: Starship is a game focusing on exploration, space combat and ground combat. The player chooses from among 12 races and begins at a starbase. Options are available to hire crew members, buy new ships and new equipment. Leaving the starbase, the player controls space flight from an overhead view. They may encounter combat with alien ships which is also handled from this view. Upon discovery of a planet or a disabled ship, the player can land/dock and send an away team to secure the area. Away team members are selected from among the crew and available equipment. Planets must be secured by including Engineers on the away team who are able to build an Isolation Grid from the four corners of the map. Money is earned through capturing alien weaponry or conquering planets.

On-foot parts aren't isometric...but still!

1153589172-00.png1153588899-00.png
    1153589001-00.png1153589305-00.png

nyarla on
    NYARLU LABS ds homebrew
  • Options
    Kay2Kay2 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    subedii wrote: »
    Witchsight wrote: »
    Apharmd wrote: »

The parts included tracks or a hover lower part, radars, weapons, and a cloaking device (which for some reason, I remember looking like a crystal dome). For some reason, I can remember some of the vehicle parts, but not the game (mainly because I hadn't played a game where you could build units before).

I played a very similar sounding game for PS1 however. Called Warzone 2100, you could create units out of a certain amount of parts you had aquired.

Probably Warzone. It was released for the PC initially before being ported to the PS1. There was a sequel as well but I can't remember what it was called (Warzone something, just a later date).

I used to play this too, on a Sinclair Spectrum 128k. It wasn't Warzone, it had a really simple name like Robots or something. You built robots in a modular way, captured bases, and eventually got to stack more modules on 'em for better weapons and stuff.

Kay2 on
  • Options
    moccasymmoccasym Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    How sure are you that it wasn't an RTS?

star_command_revolution_05.jpg

(Really running out of ideas here.)

i've played this game before - it's fun, but not the one.

i'm fairly sure i'm not confusing any elements of the game, because my brother (who's also played it) confirmed the details when I spoke with him the other day.

not sure what else i can say about the game tho. the in-flight battles take place from a 3rd person view, kinda like master of orion, but you control the ships in real time.

moccasym on
  • Options
    ButterBeanButterBean Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I have been looking for a game that I played on PC when I was a kid. I'm pretty sure it was based on the AD&D ruleset. The beginning options were pretty extensive, you could choose multi-class, different races etc.

The gameplay was from first person perspective, but I don't think it was real time, and you could only travel n/s/e/w. You walked around fighting monsters (I remember fighting a lot of bugbears) and finding treasure. One of the treasures you could find were ioun stones of varying color (I remember that very distinctly, for some reason).

You could only have one person in your party (you).

Is this ringing a bell for anyone?

ButterBean on
  • Options
    MordrackMordrack Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    It sounds like either DeathKeep or Decent to Undermountain, ButterBean.

Mordrack on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ButterBeanButterBean Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    It's not Deathkeep, but based on the screenshots I've been able to find, Descent to Undermountain looks like it could be it. I'll check it out.

ButterBean on
  • Options
    Bill CosbyBill Cosby Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    has anybody said universal combat?

Bill Cosby on
  • Options
    SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Apharmd wrote: »
    Hmm... Most of the games I thought of have been mentioned.

Funnily enough, I've been looking for an old game too. Got a demo in the late nineties on a PC Gamer demodisc.

All I can remember was it was a RTS, set on a planet. You could make new vehicles from various parts in a creator, and name the created vehicle.

The parts included tracks or a hover lower part, radars, weapons, and a cloaking device (which for some reason, I remember looking like a crystal dome). For some reason, I can remember some of the vehicle parts, but not the game (mainly because I hadn't played a game where you could build units before).

Outpost?

As far as the OP's game, I have no idea.

edit::
    Iron Seed?

SageinaRage on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    It's totally Command Adventures: Starship. Gotta be! :P

nyarla on
    NYARLU LABS ds homebrew
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    OMG IT IS COMMAND ADVENTURES: STARSHIP!!!!!!!!

moccasym on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I can tell because the funds are ridiculously high (in the millions) and from the start screenshot!!! HOLY nyarla i'm very impressed

moccasym on
  • Options
    brandotheninjamasterbrandotheninjamaster Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Thats obscure all right. I can't even find a wikipedia entry on that.

brandotheninjamaster on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

it sure as hell is - if you look at some of the old boxes, you can see that it came packaged up with a bunch of other games. perfect for a discount software aisle.

now you must all go give it a shot, i'm sure you can find a download of it somewhere... that's what i'll be doing after work

moccasym on
  • Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    moccasym wrote: »

it sure as hell is - if you look at some of the old boxes, you can see that it came packaged up with a bunch of other games. perfect for a discount software aisle.

now you must all go give it a shot, i'm sure you can find a site to legally purchase it somewhere... that's what i'll be doing after work

Fixed that for you. But I really thought this one was going to end up unanswerable. Great job, nyarla.

Darian on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Oh cool, glad to have helped. :D
    I love these threads.

It only took 45 minutes or so of googling.......
    I have no life. :(

nyarla on
    NYARLU LABS ds homebrew
  • Options
    slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Thank God g&t (or nyarla rather) finally got this one. Fewf.

slash000 on