Options

[CHAT] DAMON

• Options
    DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Oboro wrote: »
    Oboro what kind of coffee shop is it? large chain or local place?

A local place is more likely to be able to pay you quickly I think. A large chain will probably have to churn it through the usual payment system and that may take longer.
    it's not a coffee place, it's the coffee counter in a Safeway

so yeah probably a whole lotta lag time

whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooops

Work at a paid today temp agency on your days off for a couple weeks.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    jes is ajes is a __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008
    MikeMan wrote: »
    jes is a wrote: »
    Zimmydoom wrote: »
    Granted, many scholars theorize most lesbians are just faking and can be broken of their man-hating habits by a variety of simple procedures, most common of which is the standard "deep dicking", however such matters are still heavily debated.
    This may be the most brilliant statement ever.

That's an intellectualism that most rednecks can get behind.

And on top of.

And bound up in one of those Chinese swing thingies.

I don't think lesbians are faking, I mean true most lesbians still love a dick inside of them, they just don't the man to come with it, and that is why there ar such things as dildos and vibrators, and your god given hands.

But if you're using a dildo why not just get a man m i rite!?

No, you're wrong. The reason most lesbians are lesbians isn't because they don't like dick, they don't like men. The way men treat them like shit, use and abuse them, you know that whole nine yards. So lesbians still want dicks in them, and boy am I glad their are dildos and vibrators.

jes is a on
    1154928402_iBankai-1-1-1.jpg
  • Options
    IreneDAdlerIreneDAdler Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    The 'greatest generation' are lousy fucking tippers I'll tell you that much

They just forget to adjust for inflation. They're tipping you in 1948 dollars. So giving you two dollars is tantamount to buying you a car.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    alright well, maybe you can try to get paid early, or show your landperson proof (timecard and hourly rate) that you are working and are waiting to get paid, see if you can get them to wait for a bit

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Gooey wrote: »
    stock market lol

moar liek suck market m i rite

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    What do you consider an adequate tip?

deadonthestreet on
  • Options
    OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008
    I have never actually received any kind of explicit government assistance

I sort of want to retain that high ground, but I will consider the idea Riemann

honestly, it's fine, it's just boring

$1/day is a fine budget for meals so far and will bear me out three weeks from Tuesday. I'll be sick of it, and I can't afford to take any buses anywhere, or do anything, but I can get by on what I have right now without leaning on social services or credit.

Breaking my entitlement/indulgence habits is a worthy enough goal, too.

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Granted, many scholars theorize most lesbians are just faking and can be broken of their man-hating habits by a variety of simple procedures, most common of which is the standard "deep dicking", however such matters are still heavily debated.

And on top of.

I don't think lesbians are faking, I mean true most lesbians still love a dick inside of them, they just don't the man to come with it, and that is why there ar such things as dildos and vibrators, and your god given hands.

No, you're wrong. The reason most lesbians are lesbians isn't because they don't like dick, they don't like men. The way men treat them like shit, use and abuse them, you know that whole nine yards. So lesbians still want dicks in them, and boy am I glad their are dildos and vibrators.

I think you're taking Mike too seriously. Besides everyone agrees lesbians just need a nice deep dicking to set them straight.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

15% of what the bill is would be an adequate tip.

jes is a on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

And on top of.

...no? lesbians aren't attracted to men because they aren't attracted to men.

i'm not attracted to women and I don't like pussies. What makes you think lesbians like penises?

if you aren't being serious, sorry.

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Leitner wrote: »
    Hahahaha, holy shit you guys. I think I'm going to report that op post by Polkster to the awesome forum - yes/no?

Edit: Well it's a moot point now.

I have a pet peeve about people who post inline images containing R-rated language in big bold letters.

So, no.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I tend to figure out what 20% is and then round down to the nearest even number so I end up tipping 18% on average. My dad rounds up, he's a huge fucking tipper. I like that.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    alright well, maybe you can try to get paid early, or show your landperson proof (timecard and hourly rate) that you are working and are waiting to get paid, see if you can get them to wait for a bit
    Rent's not an issue, I'm paid through at least November 1st and the extra $800 in deposits beyond that gives me a bit of leeway if I'm going to be a few days late or whatever, somehow. It's just food budgeting + other things, but I can get by without.

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Oh great, jes is a is back, spouting shit about lesbians that she really has no idea what she's talking about.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Who will beat up my poorly played smash characters?!

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I remember Jon Stewart Calling WWII America's "feel-good war" and it struck me as pretty accurate. Funny too.

I absolutely hate the phrase "The Greatest Generation."

Tom Brokaw is kind of a twit, but you can't deny the fact that they worked their asses off to save this country, and without the GI bill American anti-intellectualism would be even more prevalent.

Seriously, can you picture Gen X pulling off that shit?

They swooped in with their racism and a monster industrial powerhouse behind them and aided in turning the tide in a complicated, multifaceted war in which Hitler made several horrible, egregious errors (like turning on Russia). Then claimed all the credit for winning, went back to their untouched-by-war land, fucked like mad, and became super reactionary and conservative. The military-industrial complex, despite Eisenhower's best intentions, grew out of the WWII war machine and became the most bloated, scary force the world has ever seen. That generation then proceeded to insert its tentacles into just about every dictatorship in the world and ran horrible, corrupt actions to install puppet regimes and awful men just because they paid lip-service to hating the Evil Russia.

Yes the GI bill was great, yes the American economy exploded. But we went on to misuse our newfound power in so many preventable ways.

Not that the hippies did any better. But to call the generation that happened to go to europe to kill germans in the 40s the "Greatest" is a fucking joke. It also does a disservice to the men who were brave, who were great, by elevating every other schmuck who, like in any generation, was mediocre to "great" status merely by being of that time period.

MikeMan on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    DeShadowC wrote: »

And on top of.

I think you're taking Mike too seriously. Besides everyone agrees lesbians just need a nice deep dicking to set them straight.
    I know a lot of lesbians who like dick though, they geet the itch for it ever so often then head over to the local bar and pick up a random stranger to sex. Then after that they are good for another month or two.
    Also when I say a lot I only mean three.

jes is a on
  • Options
    mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Feral wrote: »
    Hahahaha, holy shit you guys. I think I'm going to report that op post by Polkster to the awesome forum - yes/no?

I have a pet peeve about people who post inline images containing R-rated language in big bold letters.

So, no.

Do you know how tempting it is to respond to this with an inline image containing R-rated language in big bold letters?

mrflippy on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Feral wrote: »

So, no.

What you mean Fuck isn't work safe where you work? I tell customers to fuck off all day long, its easier then helping them.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Does "jes is a" remind anyone else of mel?

Female face picture for an av, something artsy for the sig, etc.

I mean, stranger coincidences have happened but, still, pretty jarring.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    earth wind and fire - fantasy is on my of favorite songs. because it's awesome.

Variable on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

yeah 15% is 'you did a decent job taking care of us, no unpleasant experiences.'

if I do everything right, am courteous, kind, and attentive and I get below 15% I am going to want to shit in your to-go box.

20% is 'you obviously went out of your way to ensure that my meal was a success. thanks'

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Variable wrote: »

I think I prefer Saturday Nite. I love love love Shining Star, though.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008

And on top of.

That has to be one of the dumbest things I've ever read.

A close friend of mine is a lesbian and she never had a bad experience with guys. She's just not attracted to guys.

She had a bad relationship with another girl, does that mean she should be straight now?

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

I don't really know much of their stuff but I just borrowed their greatest hits volume 1 from my uncle because it has fantasy, I'm sure I'll be listening more. it has shining star on it, but not saturday nite.

Variable on
  • Options
    The Raging PlatypusThe Raging Platypus Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

And on top of.

Haha! Boy I sure love sarcasm.

Because you were being sarcastic.

Right?

Uh......right?

*shakes internet sarcasm detector* Fucking....batteries...nyargh!

The Raging Platypus on
    Quid wrote: »
    YOU'RE A GOD DAMN PLATYPUS.
    PSN Name: MusingPlatypus
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    really if anything I just hope my landlord doesn't think I'm a deadbeat, considering I'm going to be relying on the community mattress (which gets passed off to Megan on the 30th or so when she moves in), and then the community couch, and my room is going to remain completely unfurnished except for some sheets on the floor for at least a month or so, and that includes some kind of drapes for the gaping window

it's none of her business and none of her concern what I do or don't do with my room, but it does sort of make me feel a bit embarrassed

but I'll get over it

better than sleeping on a couch in a college basement in New Jersey, or on a cot in a shelter in Manhattan, or 'neath my father's fist and eye

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    edited September 2008

yeah 15% is 'you did a decent job taking care of us, no unpleasant experiences.'

if I do everything right, am courteous, kind, and attentive and I get below 15% I am going to want to shit in your to-go box.

20% is 'you obviously went out of your way to ensure that my meal was a success. thanks'

I disagree with percentage tips being that they're based off the cost of the food, and don't always directly correlate to the quality of service.

DeShadowC on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Does "jes is a" remind anyone else of mel?

Female face picture for an av, something artsy for the sig, etc.

I mean, stranger coincidences have happened but, still, pretty jarring.

DING DING DING

Give the man a prize! We got alts all up in this mofo.

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

Man, so the 10% (or 12%, whatever) stuff I was taught is no longer valid?

mrflippy on
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I tip 20% unless you like, kill my dog or something.

Even then I'd probably only drop down to 15%.

I'm a pushover.

MikeMan on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

I give 15% minimum no matter what, no if the server is excellent then I will give up to 30% depending on how excellent.

jes is a on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

I don't really know much of their stuff but I just borrowed their greatest hits volume 1 from my uncle because it has fantasy, I'm sure I'll be listening more. it has shining star on it, but not saturday nite.

The best collab of Earth Wind & Fire is The Essential Earth, Wind & Fire I got it back in high school.

I got a graduation gift from one of my uncles, it was a card that when you opened it played a small part of Shining Star ... it was priceless.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    and the idea that lesbians are lesbians because they hate men just reinforces the notion that lesbians hate men.

which is unsurprising, really.

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I tip 20% unless you like, kill my dog or something.

Even then I'd probably only drop down to 15%.

I'm a pushover.

Whenever you want to destroy me in Smash Bros, hit me up.

RonaldoTheGypsy on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Oboro wrote: »
    really if anything I just hope my landlord doesn't think I'm a deadbeat, considering I'm going to be relying on the community mattress (which gets passed off to Megan on the 30th or so when she moves in), and then the community couch, and my room is going to remain completely unfurnished except for some sheets on the floor for at least a month or so, and that includes some kind of drapes for the gaping window

it's none of her business and none of her concern what I do or don't do with my room, but it does sort of make me feel a bit embarrassed

but I'll get over it

better than sleeping on a couch in a college basement in New Jersey, or on a cot in a shelter in Manhattan, or 'neath my father's fist and eye

As long as rent is being paid and you're not damaging the premises, the landlord really shouldn't give a shit how your room is furnished.

Feral on

• Options
    ZimmydoomZimmydoom Accept no substitutes Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Also keep in mind that the idea of "upward mobility" being available to the masses began in the 1950s. Prior to that was the depression/industrial revolution, and even if you weren't a factory worker you were expected to follow in the footsteps of whatever work your father did, or at least not seek something "better." My grandfather is a self-taught engineer, and as a teenager he had to buy his textbooks three times because his mother kept throwing them out.

FAKE EDIT: I meant to post that 10 minutes ago but I just got polled for the first time. Woo!

Zimmydoom on
    Better-than-birthday-sig!
    Gim wrote: »
    Zimmydoom, Zimmydoom
    Flew away in a balloon
    Had sex with polar bears
    While sitting in a reclining chair
    Now there are Zim-Bear hybrids
    Running around and clawing eyelids
    Watch out, a Zim-Bear is about to have sex with yooooooou!
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Man I've given a 0% tip before. The waiter is not entitled to the 15% tip at all. Keep in mind that I usually tip well above 15%, and I readily recognize good service. But if you give me awful service, or are rude? Don't expect much, if anything.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I always tip around 20% unless my server is bad about keeping my glass filled with water. If I sit with an empty glass for more than five minutes and the restaurant isn't busy, you're doing it wrong.

Kilroy on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

I give 15% minimum no matter what, no if the server is excellent then I will give up to 30% depending on how excellent.

I've had absolutely terrible service before. To the point where we had to walk up and fill our own drinks while the waitress was sitting down talking with the cook and ignoring us while we did it. Should we still of tipped 15%?

DeShadowC on
This discussion has been closed.