As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Propaganda Film Club: Obsession: Radical Islam's War on the West

13»

• Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited September 2008
    Kalkino wrote: »
    Meh, I just didn't think that bold, possibly wrong statements should go unchallenged. Call it Germane or not but I don't like the idea of setting up possibly incorrect statements that then go on to form part of the basis of an argument

1.) It's not a 'possibly wrong' statement- it's a factual statement. Some white Christians are persecuted because of that title- be it the white part or the Christian part or the white Christian part.

2.) The 'threat' it presents is only a threat if someone does actually make that argument. No one here is. There are some defensive people on this forum.

Organichu on
  • Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    would it be okay to post the youtube video here? Or does that break some kind of rule?

JebusUD on
    and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    MalaysianShrewMalaysianShrew Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Update: My mom called, I got one in the mail.

MalaysianShrew on
    Never trust a big butt and a smile.
  • Options
    Nimble CatNimble Cat Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    My AP European History teacher showed it in class at my Catholic High School. We tried to get him fired but the school knew they wouldn't be able to fill his position so they didn't do anything about it.

Nimble Cat on
  • Options
    Tucanwarrior13Tucanwarrior13 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Organichu wrote: »
    I haven't run into many people who were christians that felt they were persecuted. I'd be willing to bet I would have a hard time finding one that would say that. So I really can't grasp your point.

What? Me?

Have I made a point that Christians are stoned wherever they go or anything? All I've said is that in some parts of the world (note: nasty parts of the world where the average person doesn't dick around on internet forums) white Christians face persecution- just like black Christians and Malaysian atheists and homosexual Daoists.

I wasn't making this insidious 'point' about poor, disenfranchised Christians; I was just appending to Thanatos' statement by saying that white Christians do often encounter bigotry.

Sorry not you. I think I Was talking to Thanatos. The quotes got so fucked up at one point.

Tucanwarrior13 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    PeekingDuckPeekingDuck __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2008
    Tucan,

Where do you live?

PeekingDuck on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I haven't run into many people who were christians that felt they were persecuted. I'd be willing to bet I would have a hard time finding one that would say that. So I really can't grasp your point.
    Pat Robertson, Jerry Falwell, George W. Bush, most of the backers of Prop 8 in California, James Dobson...

Thanatos on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2008
    I finally saw the film. I honestly don't know what everyone is so angry about. There was very little bigotry in that film. Clearly the timing of the redistribution is suspect, and I have no doubt there were some insidious intentions there, but the content of the actual film was fine and dandy, IMO.

Organichu on
  • Options
    Tucanwarrior13Tucanwarrior13 Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Tucan,

Where do you live?

Hartland Michigan.

Tucanwarrior13 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]