Those Undead Mothersuckers...

• Options
    trentsteeltrentsteel Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    IMG_0479.jpg

SEE I'M READY GOD WHY DID YOU PUT ME IN A ZOMBIE-LESS UNIVERSE

trentsteel on
    http://www.botsnthings.com/
    I made a TD for iphone and windows phone!

• Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    i talk a good piece about survivalism and what i'd do in a zombie apocalypse and all that

but aside from being exciting fiction it's horseshit

i'm only kept alive by carefully balanced medication and lacking true and dedicated pharmacutical production of the chemicals i need to function i'd turn into a batshit insane beast for the remaining days i have until my problems catch up to me and i'd die.

i'd last maybe a week or two without medication before my neuropathic pain and delirium would make me kill myself

i don't have any romantic notions about apocalyptic events that would turn the world into a road-warrior-esque badland where the only law is force

because the reality is i need the edifice of modern civilization to live and function without being more than an animal and to even live.

but it still makes for fun speculation and games and stuff

Pony on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    a zombie apocalypse would be good for me because it would turn me from a fat, abject failure into, a: undead killing machine devoid of human emotion or a soul, or b: bad-ass survivor tooling around the wasteland blowing deadites away and being awesome.

haha

no no, sir

you will walk outside to check your mail for your Naruto magazine subscription and some ding-dongs and you will watch your neighbor being eaten do death and you will stand there and stare and then shit yourself

trentsteel on

• Options
    edited September 2008
    i mean i am pretty sure i could survive some kind of short-term crisis without too much difficulty

but any kind of long-term collapse of civilization and i'd be fucked

that's the reality

anything else is pure fiction

Pony on
  • Options
    GravesGraves Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I was sitting here in my trench coat and fedora.

And I was all "man what about a private eye fighting zombies?"

It would be so cool.

Graves on
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    trentsteel wrote: »
    a zombie apocalypse would be good for me because it would turn me from a fat, abject failure into, a: undead killing machine devoid of human emotion or a soul, or b: bad-ass survivor tooling around the wasteland blowing deadites away and being awesome.

haha

no no, sir

you will walk outside to check your mail for your Naruto magazine subscription and some ding-dongs and you will watch your neighbor being eaten do death and you will stand there and stare and then shit yourself

which neighbors? some of my neighbors would probably be a bummer to see get eaten but if it's that old bitch next door i'd grab some little party poppers and it'd be confetti time.

also i don't like animu. :< ding dongs, however, are delicious.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I think I've partially proven my point

Which one of you is the quiet religious guy that goes crazy?

trentsteel on

• Options
    ArcibiArcibi Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

haha

no no, sir

which neighbors? some of my neighbors would probably be a bummer to see get eaten but if it's that old bitch next door i'd grab some little party poppers and it'd be confetti time.

why would ding dongs be in your mail though

Arcibi on
    GameTrailers | Goozex | Check out: Arcibi's Dev Blog and Robot House Games
    tmntsigshrunkre4.jpg
    Wii: 5024 6786 2934 2806 | Steam/XBL: Arcibi | FFXI: Arcibi / Bahamut
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Arcibi wrote: »

haha

no no, sir

It's easier for the fatties to order snacks via the internet.

Graves on
  • Options
    edited September 2008

haha

no no, sir

he has a monthly subscription: Ding Dongs of the World. A different ding dong every month.

trentsteel on

• Options
    edited September 2008

hi

Pony on
  • Options
    Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister It Gets Worse before it gets any better.Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

haha

no no, sir

he has a monthly subscription: Ding Dongs of the World. A different ding dong every month.

well hello miss austria.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Pony wrote: »

hi

ok. Unexpected, but ok.

Which one of you is going to fuck us all over by opening/not opening/leaving a door open somehow at somepoint?

trentsteel on

• Options
    Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008
    See my meds are just amphetamines
    I dodge that problem!
    But really no after a couple days I'd be like f this and eat a bullet

Me Too! on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Metzger I just pictured the most glorious image of you at your mailbox with your austrian ding dong

trentsteel on

• Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Trent, meet Wiggin!

I Win Swordfights on
    lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    KazhiimKazhiim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008
    I take a bayer every so often for a headache

I think I'd be fine

Kazhiim on
    lost_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Which of you is going to run around in various stages of undress

trentsteel on

• Options
    edited September 2008
    unless the zombies are wasps and a zombie wasp stings me

I'd be fucked

Kazhiim on
    lost_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Metzger I just pictured the most glorious image of you at your mailbox with your austrian ding dong

aka potu.

Metzger Meister on
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Which of you is going to run around in various stages of undress

sup dogg

Me Too! on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I'm the crazy guy who you run see from the window of your fortified base.

The one laughing out loud and having a jolly old time blowing away the undead.

I'd probably also have some music playing from somewhere, just enjoying the moment.

I kill a bunch, burn a bunch, then jump in the front and hit the juice in my ride.

Got makeshift turrets front, back, and side to side.

Graves on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    i realized the other day i got about two months worth of the medications i need to survive

in particular my gabapentin which will keep neuropathic pain from sending me into horrific seizures and shock

i don't know how much of a supply my girlfriend has of her meds.

without those meds, we don't function as human beings. in any kind of "apocalypse", pharmacutical production is one of those things that irreversibly stops. we'd both be fuckled as soon as our stuff ran out.

now, i mean, it wouldn't be hard to raid pharmacies and stuff to get what we needed... assuming we did it first, and didn't have to wade through a sea of diabetics and other people who realized around the same time that this is when they gotta loot to live.

and even then, that stuff all has expiry dates. eventually, no matter how much supply we have, our supply will expire and we'll be without

that's when it'd be all over, regardless of anything else.

Pony on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Zombie apocalypse would be the only time I'd put the Misfits on in the background
    Killing shit to that seems appropriate somehow

Me Too! on
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Pony wrote: »
    i talk a good piece about survivalism and what i'd do in a zombie apocalypse and all that

but aside from being exciting fiction it's horseshit

i'm only kept alive by carefully balanced medication and lacking true and dedicated pharmacutical production of the chemicals i need to function i'd turn into a batshit insane beast for the remaining days i have until my problems catch up to me and i'd die.

i'd last maybe a week or two without medication before my neuropathic pain and delirium would make me kill myself

i don't have any romantic notions about apocalyptic events that would turn the world into a road-warrior-esque badland where the only law is force

because the reality is i need the edifice of modern civilization to live and function without being more than an animal and to even live.

but it still makes for fun speculation and games and stuff

I wouldn't say it with such confidence, Pony.

You really can't be sure of what you would do, given a state of constant potential danger and never having the chance to relax or plan your life out farther than days at a time.

You can be sure about certain difficulties and faults that would be way harder to manage without access to medication, but beyond that there's infinite variables and no way to be sure of anything, especially how well your mind could really handle a life where everything goes to Hell.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I'm the funny guy who is mostly useless but ends up sacrificing himself so that everyone else can live and I crack a joke just before I get eaten and the sad music plays

#pipe on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    No need to be so depressing

Kazhiim on
    lost_sig2.png
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I'd be the youngster that doesn't really amount to anything but inexplicably survives.

I Win Swordfights on
    lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    No, Goatmon, I'm pretty sure you don't find ways around going into shock

Me Too! on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    i also realize that in a grim and hopeless zombie apocalypse my girlfriend would probably not want to stick around this world too much longer

and the second she makes that decision, good bye any sort of rational action from me, i'd probably end it with her as after she'd be gone i'd be too fucked up to even care to keep going

yeah the idea of me in a zombie apocalypse is not that cool really

Pony on
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Honestly though I think I'd do the suicide pact thing with my girlfriend

#pipe on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Also I might go crazy and be running around in my trench coat and fedora yelling out shit like "Eat lead you stupid dame!" and "Die you silly flapper!"

Or I'd get decked out in my most gangsta apparel and blast rap music.

Or wear the army jacket in my closet and pretend I was a veteran of some war.

Graves on
  • Options
    cheshirecheshire Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I'd probably end up getting eaten cause my family would drag me down.

cheshire on
    She was never meant to be a common creature
    Extraordinary takes time
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    If the world turned into zombie hell tomorrow
    I'd like to think that I would go out in a blaze of glory
    Bitchin' tunes blasting from the radio
    Shotgun in hand
    And no pants

Me Too! on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    if you want to be a huge faggot and think about the crippling psychological breakdown and failure of willpower that would come from a hypothetical, impossible situation, go ahead

I'm pretty sure this thread is about the cool part where you kill people but they're not really people so it's morally resolvable

Kazhiim on
    lost_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Me Too! wrote: »
    No, Goatmon, I'm pretty sure you don't find ways around going into shock

i could probably take alternatives to gabapentin. other medication to manage my neuropathic pain. hell, just keeping myself in a near-constant state of drunkeness would probably alleviate it enough that i'd not go insane from the pain.

but, all of those are temporary measures. the brain-crazy stuff? maybe i could manage. i've managed for years without psych meds, i could probably do it again.

but the neuralgia is a permanent problem. i am in constant nerve pain, even on the medication. off the medication, it's so bad i have seizures and go into shock.

so unless that somehow went away on it's own, i'd inevitably need something and if that stopped, i'd turn into a useless bag of shit quickly

Pony on
  • Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I'd find somewhere safe with a whole bunch of canned food.

Read books, sleep, keep a low profile. It'd be alright.

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    ArcibiArcibi Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Zombies in fiction are interesting to me but the idea of them existing for real terrifies me

I'll be playing Resident Evil or Dead Rising and I'll have to be near-constantly thinking "okay dude none of this shit is real or even at all possible" or every little noise I hear spooks the shit out of me

It's absolutely stupid and childish and I've never had this kind of reaction to anything else related to horror

Zombies just creep me out more than any other thing ever has, I guess

Arcibi on
    GameTrailers | Goozex | Check out: Arcibi's Dev Blog and Robot House Games
    tmntsigshrunkre4.jpg
    Wii: 5024 6786 2934 2806 | Steam/XBL: Arcibi | FFXI: Arcibi / Bahamut