As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The new action figures thread (NSF56k)

• Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    They also have Manga Spider-Man in that line up, though it's just a regular size spidey, so that makes it really weird.

So what's up with the Marvel Universe line? It feels like they haven't come up with the anything new since last year or so. It's a shame, as the latest Wave had Ult. Spidey, a new Hulk, and Beta Ray Bill in it, all which I would have picked up.

• Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    I think I am going to pick up Marvel Universe Iceman today at my comic shop. I have Apocalypse and Cable from a trip to NY. No clue why I got them. Just thought they were cool I guess.

Iceman is like $17 though, although that seems to be the running price online.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    I think the next wave after that has Nova in it. Which I feel like I've been waiting a year for since it was announced.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Squee. As long as its Richard... I'm not too hopeful on that front though

• Options
    Mr Pink wrote: »
    I think the next wave after that has Nova in it. Which I feel like I've been waiting a year for since it was announced.

I think we have, or at least half a year- this upcoming wave was originally scheduled for a January released. Speaking of which, the toy sites finally have it up for preorder with a July release date- It includes Kraven, Beta Ray Bill, a new Hulk, Beast, and what's supposed to be Ultimate Spider Man, but really just looks like regular Spiderman

Though there's a Miles Morales variant.

• Options
    Oh hey, here's pictures of all the Marvel Universe releases this year.

She-Hulk and Nova are definite for me, probably Herc as well.

• Options
    oh man herc too

• Options
    oh man herc too

I use Herc as an example whenever my girlfriend complains that female comic costumes are too revealing and skimpy.

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    well

she's right

anywho, fixed up my transformers crossovers hulk, painted over his hair with green so he looks like he has a broken, shattered, blasted apart helmet

598722_245577185548825_100002896371665_388042_2927222_n.jpg

• Options
    I don't even care about Nova and I want that figure. Haha.

For those of you that collect them, do you open or leave them packaged? I bought Apocalypse and Cable and still have them boxed. Do the stands they come with help a lot to keep them up?

I feel like I am going to just start collecting guys that I think look cool. This is bad. Haha.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    redfield85 wrote: »

For those of you that collect them, do you open or leave them packaged? I bought Apocalypse and Cable and still have them boxed. Do the stands they come with help a lot to keep them up?

I feel like I am going to just start collecting guys that I think look cool. This is bad. Haha.

I always take mine out because the way I see it, I'm probably never resell them, and they look way better posed than in boxes. Most of the stands do a pretty good job of holding the guys up, but some of the bigger or top heavy figures like Apocalypse and Juggernaut have the tendency to slowly tip over.

• Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    I take mine out. Right now everything is in ziplock bags because I don't have anywhere to display them =P.

I wish they all came with stands, though. I picked up some third party stands but they don't really fit.

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    I always take toys out of boxes, even when I buy older, mint-on-card toys (bought a whole heap of Aliens toys a while ago, a really nice Superhuman Samurai Syber Squad Xenon about two years ago, etc). There's some part of me that goes "PROTECT PRESERVE", but a bigger part of me tramples over that and goes "If you don't take it out and play with it and transform it and make explosion noises, what's the point? It's a toy; it's meant to be played with, not sealed in a vault."

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I will buy ones I like the look of and open them but there are some Gi joe figures I am scared to open because I can lose all thier gear really quick with how small it is

• Options
    i just like having a cosmic defenders protecting my work computer and a captain america bobblehead

• Options

That's how I started last year, and I think that I now have something like thirty of the Marvel U guys. I also open them up.

And look in the bright side, at least you're not collecting G.I Joe/Star Wars yet. Those seem to have new releases every month.

• Options
    edited June 2012
    noir_blood wrote: »

That's how I started last year, and I think that I now have something like thirty of the Marvel U guys. I also open them up.

And look in the bright side, at least you're not collecting G.I Joe/Star Wars yet. Those seem to have new releases every month.

I already have so much shit from the 90s. Xmen, Spiderman, etc. I have a trashcan full of that stuff and one full of Power Rangers. I have ziplock bags full to the brim with accessories that I will never reunite with their rightful figures. Haha. I'd love to keep certain ones and give the rest away or sell if I could. Maybe I will take pictures of EVERYTHING and show them here and if you see something you might want, you can PM me or something.

I really have way too much shit. I would probably keep some Spiderman stuff (100% any Venom figures).

I would be up for that to clean this place out....and then start a friggin new collection. Haha. The only reason I haven't bought the Venom figure from the small Spiderman figure line is because the board is different than Marvel Universe. If I open the figures and display, that won't matter.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    My D-Arts Zero arrived back on Tuesday. He is easily the best D-Arts figure to date, I eagerly await Vile, and hopefully they keep the Mega Man subline going

7355696074_fbefd070b7_z.jpg

Colonel, Sigma, and dozens of Mavericks please! (Magma Dragoon, Dark Dizzy, The Skiver, Metal Shark Player and Storm Eagle to start)

Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Man that looks good.

I had him on preorder on BBTS for awhile, because I figured I'd have a POL before they got him in, but as of now I have no POL, so I decided to just get Zero from Amiami and also picked up a Terrorcon Cliffjumper while I was at it. Seemed liked a good idea.

• Options
    ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    You wont regret either of those purchases!

Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • Options
    oh cool, a target near me still had white outfit Iron Fist.

• Options
    cr0wcr0w Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Well, given that I'm enjoying my sudden unemployment, I decided to finally customize my Sideshow Snake Eyes, 3 years after the fact. Spent hours today putting him on a new body, grabbing parts from other figures to make the head sculpt, gloves and a few other pieces, and I finally think I'm happy with it. He's so proportionate compared to the original version! Here's what he looked like at first.

snake_eyes_19.jpg

And the one I put together today.

snakes3-1.jpg
    snakes1-1.jpg

Super happy with it.

• Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    Do it.

I did.

• Options
    HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    cr0w wrote: »
    Well, given that I'm enjoying my sudden unemployment, I decided to finally customize my Sideshow Snake Eyes, 3 years after the fact. Spent hours today putting him on a new body, grabbing parts from other figures to make the head sculpt, gloves and a few other pieces, and I finally think I'm happy with it. He's so proportionate compared to the original version! Here's what he looked like at first.

As a major collector of Snake Eyes, and all GI Joes to a lesser extent, I give it 3 thumbs up :^: :^: :^:

• Options
    edited June 2012
    Schide wrote: »
    Do it.

I did.

As someone that lurks figure collecting threads the internet over I'm used to seeing people buy stuff for $200+. Considering this was hovering around the $50 in the few places I looked, I was pleasantly surprised.

I haven't bought anything imported since the days of Lik-Sang...so where did you order it from?

Edit: Went through the AmiAmi checkout process but noticed a note saying they only take payment in JPY. I dunno if that can be charged to my US credit card or not.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    Do it.

I did.

As someone that lurks figure collecting threads the internet over I'm used to seeing people buy stuff for $200+. Considering this was hovering around the $50 in the few places I looked, I was pleasantly surprised.

I haven't bought anything imported since the days of Lik-Sang...so where did you order it from?

Edit: Went through the AmiAmi checkout process but noticed a note saying they only take payment in JPY. I dunno if that can be charged to my US credit card or not.

I preordered it from AmiAmi as well. Pretty much the cheapest you're going to find it. Depending on your shipping method it's going to be an extra $13-20 or so.

Paypal credit cards should work. It lists them under accepted payments on the English page. I don't see why it wouldn't, it should just work like a normal Paypal exchange where the currency is just transferred under the exchange rate at the time.

• Options
    Do it.

I did.

I preordered it from AmiAmi as well. Pretty much the cheapest you're going to find it. Depending on your shipping method it's going to be an extra $13-20 or so.

Paypal credit cards should work. It lists them under accepted payments on the English page. I don't see why it wouldn't, it should just work like a normal Paypal exchange where the currency is just transferred under the exchange rate at the time.

Oh, well I just paid using a credit card, as I no longer have an active paypal account.

Here's hoping it goes through.

If it doesn't, well, I really didn't need the thing anyway.

Went with EMS shipping, if that means anything.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    You should still be fine, it lists credit cards on there.

EMS is the quickest but also most expensive. $18-20 for one figure as far as I can tell.

• Options
    edited June 2012
    EMS is the quickest but also most expensive. $18-20 for one figure as far as I can tell.

Oh, well, shit, what should I switch it to?

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options

You can change shipping on preorders now? *checks* Huh, they must have put that in with the site makeover and I hadn't noticed.

I recommend SAL registered. It's a couple more bucks than SAk unregistered and will take a couple weeks to get to you, but it's still probably about $10-12.

• Options

You can change shipping on preorders now? *checks* Huh, they must have put that in with the site makeover and I hadn't noticed.

I recommend SAL registered. It's a couple more bucks than SAk unregistered and will take a couple weeks to get to you, but it's still probably about $10-12.

Done.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    Mystic TerrapinMystic Terrapin Shelled Sorcerer Dark LandRegistered User regular
    In reply to MaxZero:
    FIG-IPN-3175.jpg
    (Same site as the Link figure) MAX Factory has my attention.

Nintendo Network ID: Ghostosaurus
    3DS FC: 0774-4319-6018
    PSN:GallantJay
  • Options
    WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Came across this, thought was bizarre so knew I should share it!

X-Men declared non-human, to become exempt from the Tax on human Action Figures!

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Well, they finally made that sexy Brainiac statue I know you all were clamoring for.

http://www.dccomics.com/collectibles/ame-comi-brainiac-pvc-figure

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    8->

• Options
    um
    What?

• Options
    Hensler wrote: »
    cr0w wrote: »

As a major collector of Snake Eyes, and all GI Joes to a lesser extent, I give it 3 thumbs up :^: :^: :^:

Hey, thanks. :) He's been a labor of love, Sideshow just can't seem to get Snakes right so I had to try. I actually modified him a little more..changed the boots and stuck the visor on him. Here are a couple pics.
    IMG_0120.jpg
    IMG_0121.jpg

• Options
    I think what Sideshow is going for with the Gi joe figures is a modern look with the gi joe look of old
    Because I was kind of suprised with Rock N roll had a surf shirt under his bdu's
    All of the Ied's that Firefly came with and how the Viper was more of what I dressed up for halloween that look with the modern gear

• Options
    Oh yeah, they're going for the classic looks with modern military gear, definitely. What I meant by Sideshow just not getting Snake Eyes right is the proportions their SE figures have are so completely off that they don't fit in with the other, bad ass Joe figures they do. Rock 'N Roll is one of my favorites. They pretty much hit everything out of the park except Snake Eyes, which is why I just said fuck it and made my own. This is what they're releasing later this year and asking $200 for.
    2631_press01-001.jpg
    26250d1331663291-12-snake-eyes-timber-revealed-1newsnakeyes20.jpg

This discussion has been closed.