As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The new action figures thread (NSF56k)

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    just the lighting

still pretty bad
    196178-hd.jpg

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    That's not the same figure though. That one is the DC Universe 2-pack version with Two-Face there, the other one is the DC Direct version.

• Options
    ah

jesus

• Options
    ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    Got these for Christmas. I can die happy now

AhpQGVsCEAAWQcc.jpg

Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
  • Options
    herojoeherojoe IndianapolisRegistered User regular
    That's rad as fuck.

steam_sig-400.png
  • Options
    Niiiiiiice. been wanting the color versions for awhile but they're really expensive now, so no go.

The best I got this Christmas was Hercules Structor and a bunch of wrestling figures.

• Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Schide wrote:
    Niiiiiiice. been wanting the color versions for awhile but they're really expensive now, so no go.

The best I got this Christmas was Hercules Structor and a bunch of wrestling figures.

I have the color ones from NYCC a few years ago. Even have them signed by....well, someone. I don't remember who. :-\

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    grim123grim123 Registered User regular
    I got the new g2 prime add on kit
    2011-12-27222128.jpg
    2011-12-27222157.jpg
    2011-12-27224356.jpg
    2011-12-27224330.jpg
    2011-12-27224315.jpg
    looks so cool as a tanker
    2011-12-27232818.jpg

Aww nutsack.
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    I would like to pick that kit up but 100 ducats is a price that gives me pause

Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    Mine is waiting in the BBTS warehouse for me to ship it. As of now I am waiting for the Warbot Defender restock to come in.

In other news SON OF A BITCH I WANT A WWE ELITE 12 FIRST APPEARNACE KANE ARGHHH. Why does he have to be so shortpacked? Why do we need like 50 Ortons for one of every other figure? Damnit.

• Options
    Oh man Schide, if I would have known I would have picked one up for you. My Kmart had a display pallet with about 4 Kanes on it about a week ago. If I get there today I'll double check for you.

• Options
    edited January 2012
    Yeah I saw that pallet the other day but it didn't have any Kanes in it which was why I was bitching in that post. But I'm going to another one today so maybe they'll have one there. But I'd still appreciate it if you could check for me, thanks.

EDIT: Nope, no Kanes. The pallet was there but it was full of Ortons and Del Rios.

Schide on
  • Options
    Sorry Schide, my Kmart got rid of its Pallet, on the pegs were just the Best of Figs and a single Orton, which tells me everything else is probably back in the stockroom. I asked and got the clueless "whats out is out " response

• Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    Stopped by Target on a whim yesterday, and after months of the same Marvel Universe figures, they had stocked the latest series, so I ended up picking up a bunch of new figures. Sorry for the kinda shoddy pics, as I gotta make do with an Iphone.

We got Storm
    913fcda9.jpg

Psylocke
    e46f7574.jpg

094d1d9d.jpg

Patriot
    da6cecd7.jpg

ed0b5f1e.jpg

Electro
    5fd09300.jpg

6f8393ef.jpg

And the main reason I was exited for this series- White costume Iron Fist
    991b746b.jpg

f364f1e7.jpg

9cd603ce.jpg

I'm really happy with Iron Fist, but Electro surprised me, as I think his paint job and detail looks great.

Also for Christmas I got the Bullseye/Daredevil combo pack among some other figures and those two figures are a step above their single pack.

• Options
    grim123grim123 Registered User regular
    fuck electro's arms are clear now?!? god damn it I"m going to have to hunt that one down

Aww nutsack.
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    It's a variant. There's also a variant of the variant where his head thing is also clear.

• Options
    Schide wrote:
    It's a variant. There's also a variant of the variant where his head thing is also clear.

wow

• Options
    http://www.diamondselecttoys.com/battle-beasts.html I'm going to link this here because!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote:
    http://www.diamondselecttoys.com/battle-beasts.html I'm going to link this here because!!!!!!!!!!!

Aw fucksticks.

Now I have to be that guy who is homeless and pushes a shopping cart full of BATTLE BEASTS!

I hope the shark headed guy is back! He was the best! Exclamation mark!

• Options
    i wonder if it's just going to be the minimate style like the gator they've released multiple times:
    DSCN7470.JPG

or the larger action figure style as seen in this flickr:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/26599914@N04/tags/dstbattlebeasts/

• Options
    edited January 2012
    For those who may have had even a passing interest in my Glyos post a few pages back, tonight is the first product drop since NYCC. So if you want to get into the line, tonight at 9pm EST is a perfect time to start. Tonight brings us this:

Orange and Black Glyans
    EMD-Sincroid-CLOSE.jpg

Shockwave Homage Gendrone colorway
    Gendrone-Revolution-Shockforce-2-ALT.jpg

Vinyl Rig, Bike, and the 'Block'
    RigRunner-Cane-FULL.jpg
    BlockZone-BIG-ALT.png

The Block is something new that Matt is trying this year. Designed with customizers in mind it's pretty much an open source building block. With some immagination, a few extra parts and an exactoknife you can make some pretty neat stuff
    Cane-In-BlockHangar-FULL-ALT.jpg
    samurai.jpg

Last picture is concept art of something that is apparently going to have photos posted sometime tonight.

Hope someone finds this stuff as exciting as I do :P

Reigner on
  • Options
    TheHopelessGamerTheHopelessGamer Registered User regular
    So this seems like it might be the place to ask this. I used to build Gundam models like crazy back in high school and have recently gotten an itch to build one because it is fun. I remember back in the day loving Master Grade kits and when I was looking for something cheaper, High Grade Universal Century.

I'm wondering what the current standards are for Gundam models that would be comprable to those two. I'm also wondering where one can buy model kits nowadays as inexpensively as possible. I'm primarily interested in Gundam models, but if there are other big robot model kits out there that look cool and are about as complex as what I used to build, I'm open to looking into those as well. I really liked the more "realistic" (as much as big robots can be) military mechs like those fromt he 08th MS Team or Operation Stardust. I also dug some of the more classic designs from the original TV series. I also like pretty much any of the mech designs from Neon Genesis.

Any pointers would be great!

• Options
    OmnomnomPancakeOmnomnomPancake Registered User regular
    Has anyone had any experience with Square Enix's Play Arts Kai collections?

Interested in getting this guy specifically: https://ssl.square-enix-shop.com/SqEx/us/ShowDetail.action?productId=1057&sid=1327168886519QljRDyUyAH

• Options
    ^^^I've heard good things about Play Arts Kai. I got a FFXIII Snow one for my brother last year and it was really nice, tight joints, good stability, looked really good. But that was the only one I ever had a chance to personally see. The main problems are price and size, they're just really big and don't fit with much else. But if you don't care about that they should be worth it.

So this seems like it might be the place to ask this. I used to build Gundam models like crazy back in high school and have recently gotten an itch to build one because it is fun. I remember back in the day loving Master Grade kits and when I was looking for something cheaper, High Grade Universal Century.

I'm wondering what the current standards are for Gundam models that would be comprable to those two. I'm also wondering where one can buy model kits nowadays as inexpensively as possible. I'm primarily interested in Gundam models, but if there are other big robot model kits out there that look cool and are about as complex as what I used to build, I'm open to looking into those as well. I really liked the more "realistic" (as much as big robots can be) military mechs like those fromt he 08th MS Team or Operation Stardust. I also dug some of the more classic designs from the original TV series. I also like pretty much any of the mech designs from Neon Genesis.

Any pointers would be great!

As far as I know that's still how they work, Master Grade, High Grade, other grades. There are a few places I know of to get Gundam kits, BBTS has them in the US, but their prices for import things are kind of high. If you don't mind shipping from Japan, HobbylinkJapan has a big Gundam selection with a bunch of deals and Amiami is also a good place to buy from.

• Options
    Yeah hobby link Japan has the best prices for the model kits. Personally I hate model kits since I hate building stuff (not so much the building, but the finishing touches of painting and putting the stickers on, etc.) so I just get the figures.

steam_sig-400.png
  • Options
    Ok, I know somebody has to be interested in this.

Kinda wish it wasn't officially Other M but it probably doesn't make that much of a difference.

• Options
    Already pre-ordered this morning. Figma makes good figures when they arent focused on anime girls.

• Options
    that is shithot

• Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    holy shit that looks good

• Options
    edited January 2012
    MK-Gift-Set_1322592963.jpg

Got me this today for $50 at Toys R Us. I couldn't resist. They also had the smaller figures in the form of a 3-pack with the three robots. I was tempted to get it.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    There's another that's a six pack of 4" ninjas as well.

Although I've ever only seen that one at one TRU Express.

The problem I saw with the pack you got is that it looked like they had severely limited articulation. Is that true?

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I've seen that before and was tempted - what was the secret accessory?

• Options
    RedDeliciousRedDelicious Registered User regular
    You...paid fifty bucks? The price tag below the item says 19.99.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    You...paid fifty bucks? The price tag below the item says 19.99.

Good catch because I have to argue with people all the time about the price when it's placed wrong

I got IG 88 from SIdeshow yesterday he is beyond impressiv but they put his shoulders backwards :cry:

• Options
    redfield85 wrote:
    MK-Gift-Set_1322592963.jpg

Got me this today for $50 at Toys R Us. I couldn't resist. They also had the smaller figures in the form of a 3-pack with the three robots. I was tempted to get it.

I dont know how you could be tempted after looking at those face-sculpts, they are so terrible and derpy.

The secret accessory is a little half-inch figure of the same four Ninjas

• Options
    Hey, I am a huge Mortal Kombat fan. It isn't like I am going to be staring at their faces all day. I still think they look cool (aside from their eyes).

It was $50. The $20 one was the three pack of 4 inch robots.

And Schide, their upper bodies look to have a normal amount of articulation. Their lower halves looks meh in that department. I doubt I am taking them out of the box.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • Options
    Made a vid showing my current collection:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOxnEAc-vV4

steam_sig-400.png
  • Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    What toy line/company are those Mega Man toys from on page 43?

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    What toy line/company are those Mega Man toys from on page 43?

Kotobukiya

• Options
    So, I have been wanting to get those see through stands to add layers to my display case. Any idea where to get those online or what they are called so I can search Amazon?

Also, what are your opinions on putting a nail in the wall and hanging a figure versus putting up a shelf and sitting figures? And what makes you open a figure as opposed to keeping it in the case?

bYf6vNQ.png
This discussion has been closed.