As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

WoW: Wrath of the Bitching [Chat and General Discussion] :

• Options
    Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I guess I can finally go suicide Elem/Enhance for one spec, Resto for the other.

Or maybe I'll just say "fuck all y'alls" and do a PvE Enhancement/PvP Enhancement combo. :3

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    FodderFodder Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I'm kind of annoyed that my druid is probably going to end up with two feral specs, but hopefully they'll at least be good at their respective jobs...

Fodder on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MonstyMonsty Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Tuesday.

Tuesday is gonna rock! Can't wait for the "quality of life" improvements. Heh. Good times!!!

Monsty on
  • Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    This is Blizzard taking finished content and delaying it so they can pretend they have a patch cycle that doesn't have players sitting bored for a couple months.
    Given Blizzard's track record I wouldn't believe it's finished.

JAEF on
  • Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Just had a level 1 Mottled Boar resist a Judgement of Command.

On the other hand, that quest (which I'd never done on my BE paladin; discovered Valley of Trials while riding in), gives full rep with Orgrimmar and Darkspear, 250 each, as many as 3.3 stacks of Runecloth. Gonna get me a raptor. And a wolf. It's something to do.

Turning in 10 Cactus Apples is 500 rep. Quite a bit simpler than doing it the clothy way. (okay, that one's not repeatable, but it's cheaper)

SabreMau on
  • Options
    MgcwMgcw Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    KVW wrote: »
    Swapping specs will most likely be like the Lexicons of Power for Glyphs. You have to go stand near something in order to activate a new spec. I'd say Meeting Stones would be a good spot for this if they went that route, as that would be the most likely time youd need or want to quickly respec to healing / tanking / whatever. Put something in the main cities for quick pvp swap too.

They already stated there's no bullshit like that and you can switch on the fly.

Mgcw on
  • Options
    FugaFuga Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Haha, the costume contest winner was great. With a turtle and everything.

Fuga on
  • Options
    DjinnDjinn Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    From an interesting article on American political demographics.
    I was reminded this morning of something I read last year on Boing Boing and which has stuck with me ever since – and that's that there are more World of Warcraft players in the United States today than there are farmers.
    Farmers, however ... are often portrayed in media polls as a voice of cultural and political authenticity in the United States. They are real Americans, the idea goes, a kind of quiet majority in the background that presidential candidates and media pundits would be foolish to overlook.
    If you want a real cross-section of Americana, then, you're supposed to interview farmers and even hockey moms – but why not World of Warcraft players? This is just a rhetorical question – it would be absurd to suggest that World of Warcraft players somehow have a special insight on national governance – but, as cultural demographics go, it's worth asking why politicians and the media continue to over-prioritize the rural and small-town experience.

Djinn on
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Man, what designer though a rare drop off a mob that there is only ever FIVE of in the entire world was a good idea.

Trying to get the Felsteel Boomstick is a pain in the ass. Stupid completistism.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Djinn wrote: »
    I was reminded this morning of something I read last year on Boing Boing and which has stuck with me ever since – and that's that there are more World of Warcraft players in the United States today than there are farmers.
    Farmers, however ... are often portrayed in media polls as a voice of cultural and political authenticity in the United States. They are real Americans, the idea goes, a kind of quiet majority in the background that presidential candidates and media pundits would be foolish to overlook.
    If you want a real cross-section of Americana, then, you're supposed to interview farmers and even hockey moms – but why not World of Warcraft players? This is just a rhetorical question – it would be absurd to suggest that World of Warcraft players somehow have a special insight on national governance – but, as cultural demographics go, it's worth asking why politicians and the media continue to over-prioritize the rural and small-town experience.

They need to regularly patch your constitution IMO

Kalkino on
    Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Kalkino wrote: »

Also they need to do something about the gold sellers, the server economy is turning to shit.

-SPI- on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    -SPI- wrote: »

Also they need to do something about the gold sellers, the server economy is turning to shit.

Yeah and don't get me started on mail spam or badly tuned encounters

Kalkino on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2008
    Man, what designer though a rare drop off a mob that there is only ever FIVE of in the entire world was a good idea.

Trying to get the Felsteel Boomstick is a pain in the ass. Stupid completistism.

I know how you feel. Back in the day, I farmed the fuck out of BRD for the Black Dragonscale Leggings pattern. They drop off Anvilrage Captains

Of which there is two.

At the end of the instance, by the Emperor.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008

I was going to make a joke about wiping for months on end in the Iraq raid and something about constantly respawning trash mobs but on second thoughts it might be in poor taste.

-SPI- on
  • Options
    autono-wally, erotibot300autono-wally, erotibot300 love machine Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    and all they drop is trash
    [IED]

autono-wally, erotibot300 on
    kFJhXwE.jpgkFJhXwE.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2008

I was going to make a joke about wiping for months on end in the Iraq raid and something about constantly respawning trash mobs but on second thoughts it might be in poor taste.

It is only poor taste if someone calls you on it.

Kalkino on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Me and some resto druid just had a never ending duel outside Org right now. He was resto and kept being in the bear form. I just used the freezing trap and kited around it with AOTV on so never ending mana. He /forfeited.
    Thorns are screwed up, 250 dmg per hit to my pet. And I saw some rogue do a test where only by using auto attack on a druid it took down about 4k of his hp when he won.

Fuga on
  • Options
    rizriz Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Forar wrote: »
    There isn't much point to making it mid fight, unless they intend to let us swap gear mid fight too. This would primarily affect tanks, of course, but even with the spellpower change, I have doubts that it'd be overpowered for healers (though I'm sure it'll save raids/wipes now and then), and few pure dps classes would have much of a reason to swap, and even then there are gear differences between, say, a combat rogue and a mutilate rogue.

However, as I pointed out so very long ago, they could incorperate the ability to switch specs within encounters where you drop combat between phases.

Nothing too harsh, like absolutely requiring BOTH specs to be proper raid specs (though if given the chance, I'm sure some raids would do as much), but perhaps fights where you need 25 dps at a given point, or other such encounter mechanics.

Unless they also incorprate a way for your spells and macros to swap along with your spec, that would be prohibitively annoying. Mid-fight, not mid-combat, respecs I mean.

riz on
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    KVW wrote: »
    Swapping specs will most likely be like the Lexicons of Power for Glyphs. You have to go stand near something in order to activate a new spec. I'd say Meeting Stones would be a good spot for this if they went that route, as that would be the most likely time youd need or want to quickly respec to healing / tanking / whatever. Put something in the main cities for quick pvp swap too.
    Apparently they said it'll be completely on the fly. Like "Oh man my DPS sucks as Arcane, I'm going back to Fire." mid trash pull.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    riz wrote: »
    Forar wrote: »
    There isn't much point to making it mid fight, unless they intend to let us swap gear mid fight too. This would primarily affect tanks, of course, but even with the spellpower change, I have doubts that it'd be overpowered for healers (though I'm sure it'll save raids/wipes now and then), and few pure dps classes would have much of a reason to swap, and even then there are gear differences between, say, a combat rogue and a mutilate rogue.

However, as I pointed out so very long ago, they could incorperate the ability to switch specs within encounters where you drop combat between phases.

Nothing too harsh, like absolutely requiring BOTH specs to be proper raid specs (though if given the chance, I'm sure some raids would do as much), but perhaps fights where you need 25 dps at a given point, or other such encounter mechanics.

Unless they also incorprate a way for your spells and macros to swap along with your spec, that would be prohibitively annoying. Mid-fight, not mid-combat, respecs I mean.

I don't see why they can't use the same system that warriors/druids/rogues have with their stances/shifts/stealth, and just give you a fresh main bar to configure. It wouldn't be a perfect solution for everybody, but it'd be more that enough for me.

The Wolfman on
    "The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    pollofacepolloface Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Fuga wrote: »

Some.....not so great.
    bccostumecontest09.jpg

polloface on
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I think paying 100 bucks to go to a convention dedicated to just 3 games that one company makes, and then choosing arrive dressed up in a below average costume is a sign of complete psychosis.

But that's just me. :)

The Wolfman on
    "The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Yes, if only his costume would've been above average in quality he'd be the picture of mental health.

reVerse on
  • Options
    dojangodojango Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    been out of the loop for a few days, what's this I hear about swapping specs? they're actually going to put it in the game? As of now, there's nothing like it, but being able to respec for a mere 1c in the Beta has been great. I'm not sure why they just can't make respecs extremely cheap, and leave it at that.

dojango on
  • Options
    rizriz Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    dojango wrote: »
    been out of the loop for a few days, what's this I hear about swapping specs? they're actually going to put it in the game? As of now, there's nothing like it, but being able to respec for a mere 1c in the Beta has been great. I'm not sure why they just can't make respecs extremely cheap, and leave it at that.

Yeah that's a good point really. I guess they want to retain some sort of expense to it if you want to tweak a spec.

riz on
  • Options
    tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    why don't they TAKE OUT WEAPON SKILL FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

tyrannus on
  • Options
    VaLiantineVaLiantine Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I want to hear the Developer Q&A, it should be very interesting.

VaLiantine on
  • Options
    Little JimLittle Jim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2008

are there pictures online anywhere? i can't seem to find any

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Little Jim wrote: »

http://www.wowinsider.com/photos/blizzcon-2008-costume-contest-1/

Halfmex on
  • Options
    PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Little Jim wrote: »

wowinsider...scroll down to the costume contest

Poketpixie on
  • Options
    Little JimLittle Jim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2008
    rockin' thanks duders

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • Options
    WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    bccostumecontest41.jpg

Oh jesus that's a lot bigger than on the site.

Oh well. Enjoy!

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    HAHAHAH, listening to the live stream on WCRadio for Blizzcon, after the PvP panel schpiel you could hear Chilton next to his mic say "I got the Q&A down to fifteen minutes, pretty good huh?" meaning he's glad they got a short Q&A and "They already know you're a guy, though" to Ghostcrawler, I assume. Good shit.

Mgcw on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    It's pretty creepy that he never corrected that he isn't female.

Fuga on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    He did, multiple times say that he was more than likely not a girl. I mentioned a specific post a week or two ago.

Mgcw on
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    He has a crab as his avatar. I mean, that right there should've told everyone that he's a guy.

reVerse on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Oh, okay then. Anyway it's funny how when some at the Q&A asks something and says he is a druid everyone starts boo-ing.

Fuga on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    first content patch: ground mounts don't dismount in water, they'll swim.

BOMBSHELL

Mgcw on
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    First Content Patch: A graphical glitch has been implemented in the Storm Peaks causing world servers to crash. until further notice, Storm Peaks and Icecrown has been closed.

TTODewback on
    Bless your heart.
  • Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Q: What other spells are going to be useable indoors? mounts?
    A: We have one great update. Blizzcon exclusive! In the 1st content patch that follows wotlk, all of your ground mounts will no longer dismount in water. they'll swim now.

finally

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu