As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mini Phalla] Twisp and Catsby -- GAME OVER -- Village (and Twisp and Catsby) Victory

• Options
    ArasakiArasaki Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Actually I'm going to change my word to fit better with my avatar.

Drink

If that's ok, anyway.

Arasaki on
  • Options
    QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    something is wrong in society

first maybe i will dress as a hobo for a bit

then i must find out what it is.

Quoth on
  • Options
    NATIKNATIK DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    !Dance

Also why didn't you use my word from yesterday weathered?

NATIK on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MundaneSoulMundaneSoul fight fighter Daehan MingukRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Good morning! A bird has discovered my briefcase, and I fear he must abscond with it!

MundaneSoul on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    weatheredclownweatheredclown Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    NATIK wrote: »
    !Dance

What are you talking about? It's there.... :whistle:

weatheredclown on
    "Remember, there are no stupid questions. Just stupid people with inquisitive minds."
  • Options
    The DagonThe Dagon Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    So now this is the only phalla I haven't died in yet. Of course now that I've said that, I'm sure the mafia will off me. Seems like I'm fated to be hated. Oh, look what I did. Anyways, I'll be dead tomorrow, so...

I'll submit 3 verbs, take your pick.
    !Google
    !Exhume
    !Fhtagn

The Dagon on
    Steam ID : TheDagon
    PSN : TheDagon
    Pretty much every game ever : TheDagon
  • Options
    Sheep Have WoolSheep Have Wool Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    :whistle:
    !Burnage could be evil. Maybe.

Sheep Have Wool on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    !Dance

You sneaky bastard ;-).

NATIK on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    !Dance

You sneaky bastard ;-).

I really do think that your signature should be changed to reflect that you ruin ALL phallas, WC.
    <3

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Explode

Quite so quite so

Gumpy on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Ryadic wrote: »
    !Dance

You sneaky bastard ;-).

I really do think that your signature should be changed to reflect that you ruin ALL phallas, WC.
    <3

Ahhh... feel the love

weatheredclown on
    "Remember, there are no stupid questions. Just stupid people with inquisitive minds."
  • Options
    RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Sheep Have Wool

Not going to be around much longer and I will miss the close of tonights vote. Plus, he's evil quite a bit, so I think the odds may be in my favor. Other than that, my vote is just pure guess work. See you guys tomorrow... hopefully.

Ryadic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Gumpy wrote: »
    Explode

Quite so quite so

Copycat:
    kime wrote: »
    Detonate, hopefully that's something you can work with easily enough.

kime on
    Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Coalesce! And good morning to you all!

Rend on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    something I stitched together from Catsby's posts... I'm having too much fun with this...
    The Fall of the Royal Capital of Upp

“‘Good morning! Good morning to you all! A bird has discovered my briefcase, and I fear he must abscond with it!’ was all we heard from down the line, by the fence makers I believe.

"We were counting wooden posts for the construction of our turkey-proof fence, with which we would surround the royal city. Reports had come to us from the provinces, Ode to the ides of the war of our pride! This fence was our plan, we’d save the city. Each post was numbered in its turn so the proper allotment could be verified. It was around #206 that the man approached us.

“‘Post 282, I beseech thee!’ said he. We, myself and cat companion, looked at one another in wry amusement. Two hundred and seventy-eight posts would be, at most, all that would be required.

“‘Batten the hatches! Turn the tides!’ he cried, clearly distressed. ‘Those birds must not obtain my precious crystal dolphin collection and they cannot be moved. Your fence, it will be too short by four!’

“We assured him that the brightest surveyors had been employed. The most learned scholars consulted. He looked to be a simple woodsman, not learned in letters. We gave him a reading primer, for charity is our way, and sent him on with this advice, ‘The skill of reading is a wonderful thing; it floats, it flies, it gives you wings!’

“Construction took into the noon, but with diligent effort and application of stout labor, our plan came to fruition, well before the turkey tide approached. Our limited time, I am certain, spurred us to action accomplishing this public work in record time. Bastions of wonderment! A clock ever ticking!

“As I and friend inspected the execution, we came to just one troubling bit. In the northwest corned of the town, the fence was broken in one, two, three, four places. I asked our leading scholar, who had accompanied us on our review, what was the meaning of these gaps. ‘Airholes,’ he assured me, ‘found in the finest fences.’

“A cry went up from a distant rooftop. We strained our eyes and spotted the woodman again, yelling to us, ‘Close the windows, I beg you!’ The scholar chuckled. ‘The tribulations of insurgency!’ What knew a simple craftsman of the ways of doctors? (of philosophy not medicine)

“With a shrug we continued on, and finally we reached the spot where we had begin our circumambulation. ‘What is the report?’ we asked the man who was functional chief of the watch. ‘Indeed! I can all but confirm that the dogs have barked!’ was his reply; the signal of invasion's swift approach.

“Only time remained for a quick meal, and perhaps a spot of tea, then we see if this plan holds water; for all our sakes We know it know it must. (My disparate elements are converging!)

“Pancakes, were the order of the day. A taste test of the local maples, pride of the region. A scullery maid, a cooper, and a fishwife brought us three pancakes in turn covered in delicious golden syrups. To the fishwife we said, ‘Of the three saturated pancakes, yours is the most delightful!’ and she seemed quite pleased. Though still to this day when I think upon the meal, my teeth hurt.

“Now the food was put away and we gathered, the people of the town, all as one to watch the distant hillside, from whence the tide would come. The thrills of alignment!

“The distant tintinnabulation of uncounted gobble gobbles was all we heard at first, then we saw it; A sea of turkeys came down the hill. More than a million strong by some accounts, ‘twas far worse than what we had dreamed, or early reports had cottoned. They reached the fence with astounding speed. The cry went up from the townsfolk. ‘Look at the airholes, the bandits are gaining! We shall be overrun!’

“It was the woodsman, returned in our hour of need with sacks of grain to ebb the tide. ‘Soon and very soon I am going to turn this river my way magnanimously!’ said he as the birds turned as one toward him. The town would not be overrun till all had fled to safety.

“The most learned of men among the scholars approached amongst the sea of feathers. I accosted him at once, ‘I thought he was but a woodsman. Are you not the queens most learned scholars? I can’t believe his advice was more sound than yours. Should we flee?’

“‘He is, we are, you will, I am...’ was the reply as he continued on past me at a strident pace and climbed into a waiting balloon.

“As he lifted skyward, that man so full of hubris, I recited him this poem that I learned when just a lad.

“We, fair egos, fare thee well, on seas that wave and waves that swell
    From yon to hither, and hither yon, we'll send you off (or maybe on?)
    The grief we'll bear, the sorrowed cries, will guide your rise...”

“In distant days, we would return to the spot where fell the woodsman and leave a stone. A monument to his sacrifice and on the rock we’d write, ‘In the interest of leaving the dolphins behind, I must!’"

weatheredclown on
  • Options
    AltairAltair Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    something I stitched together from Catsby's posts... I'm having too much fun with this...
    The Fall of the Royal Capital of Upp

“‘Good morning! Good morning to you all! A bird has discovered my briefcase, and I fear he must abscond with it!’ was all we heard from down the line, by the fence makers I believe.

"We were counting wooden posts for the construction of our turkey-proof fence, with which we would surround the royal city. Reports had come to us from the provinces, Ode to the ides of the war of our pride! This fence was our plan, we’d save the city. Each post was numbered in its turn so the proper allotment could be verified. It was around #206 that the man approached us.

“‘Post 282, I beseech thee!’ said he. We, myself and cat companion, looked at one another in wry amusement. Two hundred and seventy-eight posts would be, at most, all that would be required.

“‘Batten the hatches! Turn the tides!’ he cried, clearly distressed. ‘Those birds must not obtain my precious crystal dolphin collection and they cannot be moved. Your fence, it will be too short by four!’

“We assured him that the brightest surveyors had been employed. The most learned scholars consulted. He looked to be a simple woodsman, not learned in letters. We gave him a reading primer, for charity is our way, and sent him on with this advice, ‘The skill of reading is a wonderful thing; it floats, it flies, it gives you wings!’

“Construction took into the noon, but with diligent effort and application of stout labor, our plan came to fruition, well before the turkey tide approached. Our limited time, I am certain, spurred us to action accomplishing this public work in record time. Bastions of wonderment! A clock ever ticking!

“As I and friend inspected the execution, we came to just one troubling bit. In the northwest corned of the town, the fence was broken in one, two, three, four places. I asked our leading scholar, who had accompanied us on our review, what was the meaning of these gaps. ‘Airholes,’ he assured me, ‘found in the finest fences.’

“A cry went up from a distant rooftop. We strained our eyes and spotted the woodman again, yelling to us, ‘Close the windows, I beg you!’ The scholar chuckled. ‘The tribulations of insurgency!’ What knew a simple craftsman of the ways of doctors? (of philosophy not medicine)

“With a shrug we continued on, and finally we reached the spot where we had begin our circumambulation. ‘What is the report?’ we asked the man who was functional chief of the watch. ‘Indeed! I can all but confirm that the dogs have barked!’ was his reply; the signal of invasions swift approach.

“Only time remained for a quick meal, and perhaps a spot of tea, then we see if this plan holds water; for all our sakes We know it know it must. (My disparate elements are converging!)

“Pancakes, were the order of the day. A taste test of the local maples, pride of the region. A scullery maid, a cooper, and a fishwife brought us three pancakes in turn covered in delicious golden syrups. To the fishwife we said, ‘Of the three saturated pancakes, yours is the most delightful!’ and she seemed quite pleased. Though still to this day when I the meal, my teeth hurt.

“Now the food was put away and we gathered, the people of the town, all as one to watch the distant hillside, from whence the tide would come. The thrills of alignment!

“The distant tintinnabulation of uncounted gobble gobbles was all we heard at first, then then we saw it; A sea of turkeys came down the hill. More than a million strong by some accounts, ‘twas far worse than what we had dreamed, or early reports had cottoned. The reached the fence with astounding speed. The cry went up from the townsfolk. ‘Look at the airholes, the bandits are gaining! We shall be overrun!’

“It was the woodsman, returned in our hour of need with sacks of grain to ebb the tide. ‘Soon and very soon I am going to turn this river my way magnanimously!’ said he as the birds turned as one toward him. The town would not be overrun till all had fled to safety.

“The most learned of men among the scholars approached amongst the sea of feathers. I accosted him at once, ‘I thought he was but a woodsman. Are you not the queens most learned scholars? I can’t believe his advice was more sound than yours. Should we flee?’

“‘He is, we are, you will, I am...’ was the reply as he continued on past me at a stringent pace and climbed into a waiting balloon.

“As he lifted skyward, that man so full of hubris, I recited him this poem that I learned when just a lad.

“We, fair egos, fare thee well, on seas that wave and waves that swell
    From yon to hither, and hither yon, we'll send you off (or maybe on?)
    The grief we'll bear, the sorrowed cries, will guide your rise...”

“In distant days, we would return to the spot where fell the woodsman and leave a stone. A monument to his sacrifice and on the rock we’d write, ‘In the interest of leaving the dolphins behind, I must!’"

Hahaha! Awesome.
    !Burnage

Altair on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    So guys, someone speak up and make yourself suspicious so I can throw a red vote on you.

no, seriously. Let's party up in this thread! PARTAY. Any of these votes, today, ANY OF THEM, have reasoning? Plx?

Rend on
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I was suspicious of Egos and sent him a PM trying to get more of a read on him. Then soon after he gets replaced, I never received a reply. I'm not sure if he's a baddie since "typically" they aren't ones to bow out, but Egos appears to be genuinely unable to continue and having to hand over his spot no matter what he was.

My gut tells me that !crimsoncoyote inherited a badguy role. Doesn't seem amiable to vote for a replacement but I really do feel it in my gut and I don't have much reasoning to go for anyone else.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Well, at least that's something.

As for myself, I'm not as a whole sure. Right now Sheep Have Wool and Burnage lead with 2 votes apiece, but I'm wondering if there's merit behind the votes, or if they are random, or possibly conspiracy.

Rend on
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    !Burnage could be evil. Maybe.

Don't be a sheep and follow Altair's example.

Burnage on
  • Options
    Sheep Have WoolSheep Have Wool Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

I, too, was suspicious of Egos. I'll throw a vote on !crimsoncoyote.

Sheep Have Wool on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Burnage, warban, FreeAgent, JPants and crimsoncoyote don't like verbs.

weatheredclown on
  • Options
    FreeAgentFreeAgent Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Always such hate I find when I arrive. I return after a long, hard night of poker followed by studiousness, and you don't have a nice piece of steak or pot roast for me. Just slanderous lies.

One of these days, pow, zoom, straight to the moon.

FreeAgent on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    !Sheep have wool

Hot damn

Gumpy on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I'll throw up mine on Crimsoncoyote, because regardless of the lack of logic in the reasoning, it was the only vote I've read that had a reason, and because Infidel usually does pretty well with hunches.

And I have to vote for someone.

Rend on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Burnage, warban, FreeAgent, JPants and crimsoncoyote don't like verbs.

But

I'm never gonna give you up
    let you down
    run around
    or desert you.

:|

Burnage on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    !FreeAgent

this debate lacks any sexual intrigue so i am not even paying attention

Quoth on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    FreeAgent wrote: »
    Always such hate I find when I arrive. I return after a long, hard night of poker followed by studiousness, and you don't have a nice piece of steak or pot roast for me. Just slanderous lies.

One of these days, pow, zoom, straight to the moon.

Haha.. next time I'll leave it on a note on your pillow with a chocolate.. Is one of these your verb?

weatheredclown on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    We need to prune away any... evil elements left in our society.

While retaliatory voting for the decreasingly pleasant Quoth is tempting, I think I'll go look over some of the past votes before deciding.

FreeAgent on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Gumpy says:
    are you evil in twisp
    Burn says:
    My role's not evil
    Burn says:
    I just habitually strangle kittens
    Gumpy says:
    what
    Gumpy says:
    not evil?
    Gumpy says:
    strangle?
    Burn says:
    I mean, are you a kitten
    Gumpy says:
    no not really
    Burn says:
    Then you are safe from strangulation
    Gumpy says:
    yay

Burnage on
  • Options
    edited October 2008

While retaliatory voting for the decreasingly pleasant Quoth is tempting, I think I'll go look over some of the past votes before deciding.

this is the alpha male. we understand that beneath his cool appearance, he is a pompous ass.

Quoth on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Quoth wrote: »

this is the alpha male. we understand that beneath his cool appearance, he is a pompous ass.

Such unwarranted negativity. Don't like Honeymooner's quotes?

FreeAgent on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2008

it is also widely speculated that he smells like tar and egg farts

Quoth on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    a quick vote count:
    Sheep Have Wool 3
    crimsoncoyote 4
    Burnage 1
    Altair 1
    FreeAgent 1

weatheredclown on
  • Options
    edited October 2008

it is also widely speculated that he smells like tar and egg farts

Tar... mayhaps. Egg farts though?

Unlikely, to the point of impossibility.

FreeAgent on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Since I haven't voted yet, !CrimsonCoyote, because Sheep has wool was amazing last time I was teamed up with him.

NATIK on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Since I haven't voted yet, !CrimsonCoyote, because Sheep has wool was amazing last time I was teamed up with him.
    there's that sexual intrigue that Quoth was looking for :winky:

weatheredclown on
  • Options
    MundaneSoulMundaneSoul fight fighter Daehan MingukRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    In the interest of making the interesting even more interesting!

!Sheep Have Wool

Also, clown, what you did with my posts was the coolest!

MundaneSoul on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    there's that sexual intrigue that Quoth was looking for :winky:

You sir, have a dirty mind.

NATIK on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Awake

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!