As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Dead Space - The blades only cover one half of the fucking asteroid. Seriously.

• Options
    MeissnerdMeissnerd Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    ok the running necromorphs are the scariest shit huargahfgahagh

one of them ran up to me, stopped, started writhing, then ran at me again

it's the first time i couldn't look at the game, I just started mashing buttons

but i guess I had managed to stasis it and cut off both of its arms. so my scared self is very precise, I guess

Meissnerd on
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Probably my favorite thing in this game is using stasis on guys as they run and jump at you, then eviscerating them with the Ripper while they're still hovering in the air. I watch as the stasis wears off and a pile of ugly meat falls onto the floor, like horrifying poetry.

Also, I like to call the ripper the Angry Gun, because as long as you have it equipped, the blade is spinning and the whole gun is shaking. I pretend that it's growling.

Shorty on
  • Options
    GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    ahahahaha

Chapter 5
    The Regenerator is just hilarious when you have a fully upgraded Force Gun

BOOM, legs fly across the room

BOOM, arms and head

Then while he's mid-animation getting back up I blow his legs off again, the animation finishes and then he just topples

Green on
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I like stasising enemies and watching them float up as I delicately remove their limbs

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I think this game makes people stupid.

I mean a lot of these puzzles are pretty easy.

Muggins on
    BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
  • Options
    AHH!AHH! Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I'm glad the puzzles are easy

give me more goobers to blast

AHH! on
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    The puzzles are easy, but also fun.

The only one I found tedious was the
    "find the gasbag men" one

Anyone else notice how good the checkpoint system was? I could always go back to get more ammo, yet rarely pulled me too far from where I got to

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Oh wait, you guys were talking about Mirrors Edge, I thought you were referring to Dead Space.

Moriveth on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    The only puzzle that sucked for me was the one where
    you had to drag the Marker through like five rooms.

Shorty on
  • Options
    FrylockHolmesFrylockHolmes Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    i really sort of hated that one enemy type that's like a guy plastered to a wall that shoots out little pods that then shoot at you

the very first one i encountered was really easy to kill, there was an explosive canister nearby that i just tossed at it but besides that i never really figured out an efficient way to kill those fuckers

but then i never really focused on many of the weapons beyond the plasma cutter, pulse rifle thing and the line gun

FrylockHolmes on
  • Options
    Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    The only weapons I ever used in this game were the Plasma Cutter, Pulse Rifle and Line Gun

and maybe halfway through I sold off the Line Gun

Vann Diras on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    the line gun was super useful in certain situations

like you could kill the babies in one shot with it if you aimed right, even the darker strong baby things

FrylockHolmes on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    i really sort of hated that one enemy type that's like a guy plastered to a wall that shoots out little pods that then shoot at you

the very first one i encountered was really easy to kill, there was an explosive canister nearby that i just tossed at it but besides that i never really figured out an efficient way to kill those fuckers

but then i never really focused on many of the weapons beyond the plasma cutter, pulse rifle thing and the line gun

The best way to kill them is with the plasma cutter. Just cut off all the tentacles that attach themselves to the wall.

The line gun is good, but I found the contact beam to have a far more useful alternate fire, and since they both have big ammo, I decided to drop the line gun. I wound up using the Ripper the most, though, since it is by far the most economical gun.

Shorty on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    oh yeah, I picked up the contact beam towards the end of the game because I had a ton of money and not a lot to spend it on, it was a pretty fun thing especially when you knew something was going to be around a corner so you had time to charge it up

FrylockHolmes on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    The alternate fire on the contact beam is fucking great when you're getting overrun with dudes.

Shorty on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Koshian wrote: »
    I got so much fucking ripper ammo for some reason

I had something like 12 sets of the stuff in the bank by the end of the game

Me too. It's because you really only need one blade per enemy if you're using it right.

Shorty on
  • Options
    TheidarTheidar Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I only used the Plasma cutter and line gun.

Theidar on
    Gamertag: Theidar
    Wii Friend Code: 0072 4984 2399 2126
    PSN ID : Theidar
    Facebook
    Behold the annhilation of the extraterrestrial and the rise of the machines.
    Hail Satan!
    WISHLIST
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I'm only in chapter four and will stick the plasma cutter unless those little tiny running dudes show up.

Though I also used it one time.
    When a random people corpse started reanimating itself. It took it down fair economically.

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    the plasma cutter is just a very good all around weapon, the achievement to do the whole game only using it seems pretty possible. things would definitely suck when you run into the swarms of small crawling enemies though

FrylockHolmes on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    the plasma cutter is just a very good all around weapon, the achievement to do the whole game only using it seems pretty possible. things would definitely suck when you run into the swarms of small crawling enemies though

Stasis them, then start chucking shit with the kinesis module.

Shorty on
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2008
    chucking exploding cans works well for me.

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    trentsteeltrentsteel Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I like chucking the cans. Sometimes I bring a bunch with me from room to room.

Also they can take out the fat dude in the wall in one hit.

trentsteel on
    http://www.botsnthings.com/
    I made a TD for iphone and windows phone!

• Options
    KazhiimKazhiim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2008
    so what's the story with Noknownsurvivors? I've gone through and watched 'em all, but I'm confused.

Kazhiim on
    lost_sig2.png
  • Options
    UrianUrian __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2008
    im on chapter 9 and i pretty much roll with an almost fully upgraded plasma cutter, flamethrower, and plasma rifle exclusively

Urian on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I use the plasma cutter, pulse rifle and force gun

i have the ripper but i don't find it to be really reliable. none of my weapons are upgraded, though; it all went to my rig

Meissnerd on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Koshian wrote: »
    trentsteel wrote: »
    I like chucking the cans. Sometimes I bring a bunch with me from room to room.

I think I spent at least half of my play time in half-life 2 moving explosives and saw blades from room to room

Does it make you feel like a hobo when you do it? I always feel like I'm hoarding junk when I do it. WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT I NEED THIS STUFF. Sure could use a shopping cart...

trentsteel on

• Options
    edited October 2008
    Meissnerd wrote: »

i have the ripper but i don't find it to be really reliable. none of my weapons are upgraded, though; it all went to my rig

The rig is all well and good, but upgrade your weapons, seriousely

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    necromorphs all snickering at the poor and decrepit engineer

Meissnerd on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Meissnerd wrote: »

The rig is all well and good, but upgrade your weapons, seriousely

i've been upgrading the plasma cutter and the pulse rifle

Meissnerd on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Urian wrote: »
    im on chapter 9 and i pretty much roll with an almost fully upgraded plasma cutter, flamethrower, and plasma rifle exclusively

I found the flamethrower to be pretty unimpressive, requiring more ammo than is justifiable.

Shorty on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Just concentrate on one I reckon

The pulse rifle is so fun when fully upgraded

When you first buy it do the bullets explode on impact? or is that just when it's fully upgraded

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    i might as well finish the plasma cutter

i'm at chapter 11 though

Meissnerd on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    It's cool, run through the game again

it is still fun when you have awesome weapons

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    haha i don't think i could take another run through; i am such a wimp

plus i have to return it to blockbuster soon

Meissnerd on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    This game didn't scare me at all :\

I think I jerked once, and felt genuine suspense once or twice

Otherwise I was just a dude walking through a ship, ruining alien zombie days

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Meisnerd I ALSO have to return mine but to a more awesome store called Movie Studio. If you have not seen their selection of movies you are a poor and wretched human being. Blockbuster only carries Martin Lawrence movies and entire shelves of WILD HOGS now anyway.

trentsteel on

• Options
    edited October 2008
    bioshock got me a lot more (looking at you, fort frollic)

there might be something at the end that gets me in dead space

besides that horrible moment last night with the runners, nothings got to me that badly

Meissnerd on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    trentsteel wrote: »
    Meisnerd I ALSO have to return mine but to a more awesome store called Movie Studio. If you have not seen their selection of movies you are a poor and wretched human being. Blockbuster only carries Martin Lawrence movies and entire shelves of WILD HOGS now anyway.

I am a poor and wretched human. Where are they located?

Meissnerd on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Meisnsnerd you are supporting the commienazis going there to Blockbuster

trentsteel on

• Options
    edited October 2008
    Those twitching bastards are a pain

The Black Hunter on