Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Moment of the Week - October 22 2008

124

Posts

  • AngryAngry Did you come here to kill Or did you come here to dieRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    what? no, pin ups are a style.

    he draws pin ups.

    you don't see too many full figured women in porn. huge fake tits, surely, but not the body style cho draws at all.

    Angry on
  • VirralVirral Registered User
    edited October 2008
    Ok, ignoring the fact that it's a complete tangent and I've already explained why I used that particular term, I'm pretty confident that you get all sorts of women in porn actually, because unlike Frank Cho's art the female form is extremely diverse.

    Call it what you want, my point is and always was simply that Frank Cho draws the same woman's body over and over again and puts a different wig on it. Not that he isn't good at what he does of course, but it's undeniable.

    Virral on
    2vlp7o9.jpg
  • SalmonOfDoubtSalmonOfDoubt Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Can we please stop using the term "porn star" in reference to Aunt May, it does not engender happy thoughts

    SalmonOfDoubt on
    heavensidesig80.jpg
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    killing children would be hilarious
    Olivaw wrote: »
    HELLO AND WELCOME TO THE PENNY ARCADE FORUMS

    PLEASE ENJOY YOUR STAY

    AND THIS PENIS
    Man, I don't want to read about this lady's broken vagina.
    NotACrook wrote: »
    I am sitting here trying to come up with a tiered system for rating child molesters.
    cock vore is fuckin hilarious
  • Desktop HippieDesktop Hippie Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Honestly though, her performance in "Drive This, Miss Daisy!" was stellar!

    Desktop Hippie on

  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Meh, I see Cho's style as more cheesecake than anything else. I guess you can put Terry Dodson in the same league (the Dodson's run on WW was a thing of beauty). Oh, and Aaron Lopresti to a lesser extent (props to him for a sexy and powerful Ms. Marvel).

    wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Dr. FrenchensteinDr. Frenchenstein Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Why do people complain about hot women in comics? I mean...if the story suffers because there is a boobs boobs butt lol focus, that's one thing. do you really want drawings of frumpy looking women flying around in spandex?

    Dr. Frenchenstein on
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I wish the spandex itself wasn't as ubiquitous.

    Robos A Go Go on
  • mattharvestmattharvest Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Why do people complain about hot women in comics? I mean...if the story suffers because there is a boobs boobs butt lol focus, that's one thing. do you really want drawings of frumpy looking women flying around in spandex?

    Well, personally I was complaining about the depiction of Peter's mom and aunt as ridiculously voluptuous, especially since it had nothing to do with any story and everything to do with softcore porn. (or cheesecake, whatever you want to call it).

    That said, I always think of an old X-Men where Havok comes looking for them, and while he's jumping around in his skintight black outfit he's thinking to himself about how unflattering it is as an outfit, and how he's glad the desert keeps him fit.

    mattharvest on
  • WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Oh, that was meant to be Peter's mum? For some reason I always think it was meant to be Anna Watson.

    Wildcat on
  • thorpethorpe Registered User
    edited October 2008
    Why do people complain about hot women in comics? I mean...if the story suffers because there is a boobs boobs butt lol focus, that's one thing. do you really want drawings of frumpy looking women flying around in spandex?

    No, but its pretty gross and juvenile and I wish comics would grow out of it already.

    thorpe on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Why do people complain about hot women in comics? I mean...if the story suffers because there is a boobs boobs butt lol focus, that's one thing. do you really want drawings of frumpy looking women flying around in spandex?

    I don't think people complain about hot women in comics so much as they complain that every woman is hot in comics. Yeah, it makes sense that superheroines should be in pretty good shape, but some of them must be butterfaces/tip drills

    Garlic Bread on
  • CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Cosmetic surgery is relatively cheap and I'm sure Tony wouldn't hesitate for a second to buy some lady Avenger new tits or even serious maxillofacial reconstructive surgery on a butterface.

    Crimsondude on
  • smokmnkysmokmnky Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Cosmetic surgery is relatively cheap and I'm sure Tony wouldn't hesitate for a second to buy some lady Avenger new tits or even serious maxillofacial reconstructive surgery on a butterface.

    Hell Emma's done that many a time

    smokmnky on
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Keith wrote: »
    Why do people complain about hot women in comics? I mean...if the story suffers because there is a boobs boobs butt lol focus, that's one thing. do you really want drawings of frumpy looking women flying around in spandex?

    I don't think people complain about hot women in comics so much as they complain that every woman is hot in comics. Yeah, it makes sense that superheroines should be in pretty good shape, but some of them must be butterfaces/tip drills

    Chaykin's Power Girl

    Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Nobody wants to read about ugly people, unless they cover their hideous scars behind an awesome mask.

    Robos A Go Go on
  • smokmnkysmokmnky Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Nobody wants to read about ugly people, unless they cover their hideous scars behind an awesome mask.

    Two Face

    smokmnky on
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Keith wrote: »
    Why do people complain about hot women in comics? I mean...if the story suffers because there is a boobs boobs butt lol focus, that's one thing. do you really want drawings of frumpy looking women flying around in spandex?

    I don't think people complain about hot women in comics so much as they complain that every woman is hot in comics. Yeah, it makes sense that superheroines should be in pretty good shape, but some of them must be butterfaces/tip drills

    Chaykin's Power Girl

    you are a horrible person bale

    The Lovely Bastard on
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Keith wrote: »
    Why do people complain about hot women in comics? I mean...if the story suffers because there is a boobs boobs butt lol focus, that's one thing. do you really want drawings of frumpy looking women flying around in spandex?

    I don't think people complain about hot women in comics so much as they complain that every woman is hot in comics. Yeah, it makes sense that superheroines should be in pretty good shape, but some of them must be butterfaces/tip drills

    Chaykin's Power Girl

    you are a horrible person bale

    at least I didnt actually post it

    Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    you probably had it loaded up and ready to post though

    didn't you, bale

    The Lovely Bastard on
  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    smokmnky wrote: »
    Nobody wants to read about ugly people, unless they cover their hideous scars behind an awesome mask.

    Two Face

    Or they're Two-Face, geez.

    Robos A Go Go on
  • CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    smokmnky wrote: »
    Cosmetic surgery is relatively cheap and I'm sure Tony wouldn't hesitate for a second to buy some lady Avenger new tits or even serious maxillofacial reconstructive surgery on a butterface.

    Hell Emma's done that many a time

    Indeed.


    I bet Kitty Pryde could be a hell of a bullemic, because instead of throwing up she can just phase and shit out whatever she ate that way.

    Crimsondude on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Keith wrote: »
    Why do people complain about hot women in comics? I mean...if the story suffers because there is a boobs boobs butt lol focus, that's one thing. do you really want drawings of frumpy looking women flying around in spandex?

    I don't think people complain about hot women in comics so much as they complain that every woman is hot in comics. Yeah, it makes sense that superheroines should be in pretty good shape, but some of them must be butterfaces/tip drills

    Chaykin's Power Girl

    Chaykin's anybody

    But I've never seen his Power Girl

    Garlic Bread on
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I really wish spandex costumes were rarer in comics. I guess it is probably easier to draw than cloth or armored costumes, but enough already. The costumes that look like body paint and ridiculous physiques make comic books and fans look juvenile.

    DouglasDanger on
    I play games on ps3 and ps4. My PSN is DouglasDanger.
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    yeah

    we need more Warren Ellis comics

    Garlic Bread on
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    that's not what i meant. i just get tired of so many costumes looking like bodypaint. Paul Pope's Batman is a nice change of pace, for example.

    DouglasDanger on
    I play games on ps3 and ps4. My PSN is DouglasDanger.
  • McClyMcCly Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    How about Grant Morrison and Frank Quietly's X-Men run?

    McCly on
    kbellchewiesig.jpg
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    keith we need at least 4 more warren ellis ongoings

    he hasn't told the same story enough times

    The Lovely Bastard on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    keith we need at least 4 more warren ellis ongoings

    he hasn't told the same story enough times

    you mean he hasn't started and then stopped writing the same story enough times

    Garlic Bread on
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    McCly wrote: »
    How about Grant Morrison and Frank Quietly's X-Men run?

    the black leather looked awful

    Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • McClyMcCly Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Balefuego wrote: »
    McCly wrote: »
    How about Grant Morrison and Frank Quietly's X-Men run?

    the black leather looked awful

    It made me appreciate tight n' capes more.

    McCly on
    kbellchewiesig.jpg
  • The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I really wish spandex costumes were rarer in comics. I guess it is probably easier to draw than cloth or armored costumes, but enough already. The costumes that look like body paint and ridiculous physiques make comic books and fans look juvenile.
    The ones that make sense can stay. I.e spider-man (ease of movement is essential with his powerset) and Sentry (supposed to look like an old school/Silver Age hero).

    The Muffin Man on
  • mattharvestmattharvest Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Balefuego wrote: »
    McCly wrote: »
    How about Grant Morrison and Frank Quietly's X-Men run?

    the black leather looked awful

    I disagree, but that's mainly because I liked the idea of at least one super-group wearing something other than spandex.

    Of course, current X-Men artists tend to do a good job showing the costumes as a layer of material over the skin, instead of being literally paper-thin.

    mattharvest on
  • Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    The New X-Men outfits were awesome.

    Bloods End on
  • McClyMcCly Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    John Cassaday's Astonishing costumes are awesome.

    McCly on
    kbellchewiesig.jpg
  • smokmnkysmokmnky Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    McCly wrote: »
    John Cassaday's Astonishing costumes are awesome.

    Was going to say this, but then again all of Cassaday's stuff is awesome

    smokmnky on
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator mod
    edited October 2008
    Bloods End wrote: »
    The New X-Men outfits were awesome.

    wolverine looked like a gay biker and the rest of the team looked like they were infiltrating an S&M club

    it was a good idea, but the execution left a bit to be desired

    DJ Eebs on
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited October 2008
    I dug the shit out of SI last week.
    Between the joke about Uatu and Ronin bringing the bow, it was pretty rad.

    Me Too! on
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Bloods End wrote: »
    The New X-Men outfits were awesome.

    wolverine looked like a gay biker and the rest of the team looked like they were infiltrating an S&M club

    it was a good idea, but the execution left a bit to be desired

    Yeah, I didn't really like them either. I don't read or even really care about the X-men though. I tried a few times, but it just wasn't my thing.

    DouglasDanger on
    I play games on ps3 and ps4. My PSN is DouglasDanger.
  • CoJoeTheLawyerCoJoeTheLawyer Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Bloods End wrote: »
    The New X-Men outfits were awesome.

    wolverine looked like a gay biker and the rest of the team looked like they were infiltrating an S&M club

    it was a good idea, but the execution left a bit to be desired

    Exactly. There's nothing wrong with the idea of going away from spandex, but his designs were off, and Wolverine looked like he was going to a Village People concert.

    CoJoeTheLawyer on
  • delphinusdelphinus Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Am I the only one who loves the Jim Lee designs?

    delphinus on
Sign In or Register to comment.