As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Episode 1 PS3 Version Out

mrbernzmrbernz Registered User regular
edited February 2009 in Penny Arcade Games
I didn't see it noted anywhere else, but for those of you who didn't know, the PS3 version was released yesterday for $14.99.

mrbernz on

• Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Only in America, apparently.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    HH VladHH Vlad Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Sony Europe (which covers more than just EU) and Sony Asia regions coming soon. Each region is handled differently by Sony meaning we have to deal with each one separately.

HH Vlad on
  • Options
    mrbernzmrbernz Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Do you know if there will be plans, once numerous chapters are out to sell them at a bundled discount?

mrbernz on
  • Options
    Joee94Joee94 Registered User new member
    edited October 2008
    Do you guys know the release for us in the the EU?
    I'm really looking forward to this
    and those juicy trophies :D

Joee94 on
    425.png
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    We have discussed bundling but have no set plans. For example, XBLA, does not currently support bundling. Obviously we could figure that out for Greenhouse given we can control that but even that is not a priority as much as some of the other cool things we are working on . . . soon to be partially revealed ;)

As far as a retail version, after our experiences with the Collector's Edition of EP1, which we are really proud of, we are going to stick to making games, not boxes!

If a publisher were to want to help bring it to stores after all the episodes are done, we would definitely talk to them about doing so but again, that is not our focus right now.

HH Vlad on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Joee94 wrote: »

The submission process happens in stages. We are at stage 2 . . . hopefully there will not be a boss at the end.

Before Christmas is our goal. Stay tuned.

HH Vlad on
  • Options
    Joee94Joee94 Registered User new member
    edited October 2008
    HH Vlad wrote: »
    Joee94 wrote: »

The submission process happens in stages. We are at stage 2 . . . hopefully there will not be a boss at the end.

Before Christmas is our goal. Stay tuned.

Aww man, I want it now :P
    I highly doubt this but is there any chance it will be released with episode 2.
    like I said I highly doubt it :(

Joee94 on
    425.png
  • Options
    GaminGamin Brockport, NYRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    I wish there was some magical way I could get Episode 1 on PS3 for free because I bought the Mac version. :)

I want to convert over to PS3 for on the couch playing goodness, but I don't know if I want to throw out my character from episode 1 unless I could play it over again. =P

Gamin on
    Damn i really like Ferrari, but they are letting the fans down because other car companies sell more cars than them!
  • Options
    SmorlockSmorlock Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    PaleZer0 wrote: »
    I wish there was some magical way I could get Episode 1 on PS3 for free because I bought the Mac version. :)

I want to convert over to PS3 for on the couch playing goodness, but I don't know if I want to throw out my character from episode 1 unless I could play it over again. =P

If that was possible, it would be so great.

Smorlock on
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh C'thulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
  • Options
    EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Any plans for a PS3 demo? (Or am I blind and one already exists?)

EvilMonkey on
    [PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    No demo currently for PS3.

HH Vlad on
  • Options
    VylenVylen Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    So..... whats the progress on the PAL region release? :)

And yes, i registered on this forum just to ask that.

Vylen on
    PSN: Vylen
  • Options
    SpEnTBoYSpEnTBoY Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    EvilMonkey wrote: »
    Any plans for a PS3 demo? (Or am I blind and one already exists?)

Ok I'm going to sound like a chuckle head here but seriously ... just go buy it :D I've been playing with my kids (who can't read and sometimes ask me why I'm laughing so hard after reading the dialogue in my head and who I clean it up for) and it's a blast!! I snagged the PS3 download and it's more than worth the $14 and very entertaining. My only pet peave is i think it would have been cool to have the two stars actually groan through hours of dialogue for true voice overs but I'm also seeing the value in the format they chose heh

Anyway ... IMO the game needs no demo ... just continue with the new levels :D

--
    SpEnT

SpEnTBoY on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    small scrape revealed this:

http://www.playgreenhouse.com/game/HOTHG-000001-02

demos for all platforms ... although I ever looked on my PS3 store stuff to see if there was a demo :p

SpEnTBoY on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    I can tell you we have worked out the logistics and that EP1 for PS3 EU is in final testing.

I can also tell you PS3 EP1 for Asian regions (outside of Japan) has already passed and will be available next week.

HH Vlad on
  • Options
    WillethWilleth Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Is this kind of painful process going to keep happening for future episodes? I seem to reember reading something that said the submission process was going to be unified for all regions.

Willeth on
    @vgreminders - Don't miss out on timed events in gaming!
    @gamefacts - Totally and utterly true gaming facts on the regular!
  • Options
    VylenVylen Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Willeth wrote: »
    Is this kind of painful process going to keep happening for future episodes? I seem to reember reading something that said the submission process was going to be unified for all regions.
    i would certainly think so as long as the submission process isnt unified... heh

Vylen on
    PSN: Vylen
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Pretty much. We are going to tighten it up a lot but we are not going to wait to sync them all up if something comes up like a ratings issue in some other region of the world or a bug that is applicable say in EU but not in NA etc. With EP3, our goal is within weeks of each other--that is realistic given all the logistics.

HH Vlad on
  • Options
    fallaxdracofallaxdraco Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    When is Ep. 2 coming out for PS3? Are we talking a similar wait as Episode 1, or will it be out sooner? If you can't say anything now, when will we know more?

fallaxdraco on
  • Options
    HH JoelHH Joel Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    We expect Episode 2 for PS3 will be out this year. Of course as has been mentioned before, this may be constrained by Sony's process, but we are doing our best to get it out as soon as possible.

HH Joel on
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    HH Joel wrote: »
    We expect Episode 2 for PS3 will be out this year. Of course as has been mentioned before, this may be constrained by Sony's process, but we are doing our best to get it out as soon as possible.

Sweet ... there's only so many times one can play EP1 ... although I dont have all the trophies yet ... been through it a couple of times now and it's wierd ... it's still friggn funny o_O Hopefully red tape doesn't hold up future episodes. Is there a projected story board for how many you'll make? or is everything just being played by ear?

SpEnTBoY on
  • Options
    GincairnGincairn Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    To be honest I'm just glad to find out that an EU version is coming, I tried the demo on Steam ages ago but held off getting it for some reason, now I know why, more PS3-based goodness.

Thanks for keeping us up to date guys

Gincairn on
    Gincairn.png
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Another week. . . another UK Store update. . . another disappointment :(

Is there any update of a "When" type nature?

Gincairn on
    Gincairn.png
  • Options
    edited November 2008
    Once again no OTRSPOD for us in the Uk.

Has there been any further information? Because the before xmas release doesn't have long to run.

Gincairn on
    Gincairn.png
  • Options
    TheFoolTheFool Registered User new member
    edited December 2008
    Is there any news on UK or Australia release?
    Does anyone know what is going on??

TheFool on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    I have been told early January for Europe, Australia and NZ. As I know more, I will let you know.

HH Vlad on
  • Options
    licencedlicenced Registered User new member
    edited December 2008
    I wish there was less disparity between US and other region releases - before this week I had avoided checking out the list of things released in the US on PSN and comparing it to what I can get in the UK, believing the differences would be minor - how wrong! It's like Sony only care about the US market.

I know I shouldn't be whingeing here, but I can't imagine Sony listening :-)

licenced on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    This royally sucks (And I mean royally, I hear the queen is going to mention it in her speech or something).

So while the UK is still waiting for the release of Episode 1.

USA GETS EPISODE 2!

WTH is going on with this? Can't you guys give a bit of a kick to get the game released in the Uk?

Or does sony just not want our money anymore?

I can understand being a week, 2 weeks or hell even a month behind, but this is now taking a serious amount of the michael surely?

Gincairn on
    Gincairn.png
  • Options
    Izar TalonIzar Talon Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I am SO looking forward to getting this for myself for Christmas! (with that nice fat Playstation Store money card thingy I'm really getting for Christmas.)

Izar Talon on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    By the Hoary Hosts of Hoggoth and the glowing spheres of Yog-Sothoth! IÄ! IÄ! Azathoth and the Vishanti!

- H.P. Lovecraft's Dr. Strange.
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    EP1 has been with Sony test in EU for quite some time. Our first submission ran into small difficulties that stopped the game from shipping and we expect good news early in January. Thanks for your patience.

HH Vlad on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Ok so I was working on Xmas day and I missed it, but just curious, did the Queen mention this in her speech after all?

Gincairn on
    Gincairn.png
  • Options
    CrackerJackerCrackerJacker Registered User new member
    edited January 2009
    So, Vlad, it's now mid-January, any update on the release for PAL PSN?

CrackerJacker on
  • Options
    licencedlicenced Registered User new member
    edited January 2009
    So, Vlad, it's now mid-January, any update on the release for PAL PSN?

Looks like it's out today!

licenced on
  • Options
    JestaJesta Registered User new member
    edited January 2009
    Just downloaded the ps3 version and ive got some problems, mainly resolution based and the fact its in black and white :/ any suggestions on how to deal with it?

Jesta on
  • Options
    Corporal CarlCorporal Carl Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I looked yesterday evening in the PSN store and only spotted a Fear 2 demo, a few new PSP games and a lot of trailers, but no Penny Arcade. This was in the PSN store of Belgium...

I was looking at the "Games in the spotlight", which displays the newest games. Ot have they placed it again in another category?

Corporal Carl on
    PSN (PS4-Europe): Carolus-Billius
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Jesta wrote: »
    Just downloaded the ps3 version and ive got some problems, mainly resolution based and the fact its in black and white :/ any suggestions on how to deal with it?

You mean how there's a black border around the game? Go into the settings, it's the top option. Not sure about the black and white part though. You've a SDTV I assume? I can't imagine they'd release it without supporting PAL SDTV's.

Corporal Carl: SCEE are really inconsistent with their releases. The UK Store gets all the content while the others tend to vary. The Aus/NZ Stores, for instance, didn't get the Disney PS1 games or the FEAR 2 demo this week. Who knows what it depends on but the way SCEE handles the PSN is pretty disgraceful really.

Don't even get me started on how they sort the store, throwing demos in with full games and labelling PSP games in the text field (which has made me accidentally buy a PSP game thinking it would run on my PS3).

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • Options
    JestaJesta Registered User new member
    edited January 2009
    Jesta wrote: »

You mean how there's a black border around the game? Go into the settings, it's the top option. Not sure about the black and white part though. You've a SDTV I assume? I can't imagine they'd release it without supporting PAL SDTV's.

Yeah its an SDTV, it does the same auto resolution thing that used to happen with videos a while ago before they updated it

Jesta on
  • Options
    themark2themark2 Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I've got the same problem with the game playing in black and white. Any explanation for sorting this would be great. Also got an SDPAL TV, but it does play NTSC DVD's in colour

themark2 on
  • Options
    InzoumInzoum Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    I'm in the french part of Belgium, and Episode 1 still hasn't shown up on the Store :(

I've looked through every category, but no luck. Any news on that?

Thanks!

Inzoum on