Options

Joe Biden to go as plumber for Halloween

• Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    nov 2nd is the election results day right?

wonder if I can call in sick

ooh it's a sunday

I have like a 1/2 chance of not working

Raneados on
  • Options
    DefenderDefender Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    The bus is for stinky losers.

Defender on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Raneados wrote: »

Well we vote on the 4th, so I doubt it.

Defender on
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Defender wrote: »
    Druhim wrote: »
    Why would anyone believe that?
    because they desperately want to believe he's the antichrist? I don't really get it myself but they seem to sincerely think that McCain/Palin are the choice of God and Obama is the devil's candidate and they seem to be just as stunned that the rest of us can't see this obvious truth

Regardless of who you think is the better candidate, it just doesn't make sense.

It's like console fanboyism. Some people just have this compulsive need to validate their choice by demonizing the other side.

captaink on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    man I suck at american voting dates

I'll never pass the quiz

sucks

wish I could vote

Raneados on
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008

ooh it's a sunday

We'll vote on the 4th and likely know who won late-ish that night.

captaink on
  • Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    part of me wants Obama to win just so all those people who think his losing is the will of God will freak out

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    FizFiz Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

ooh it's a sunday

I thought it was the 4th. The 2nd is where the pastor at the church I sing at gives a sermon based on the Book of the Propositions

"A reading from the book of Propositions, section 8. God hates gays"

Fiz on
    juggcat.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    captaink wrote: »
    because they desperately want to believe he's the antichrist? I don't really get it myself but they seem to sincerely think that McCain/Palin are the choice of God and Obama is the devil's candidate and they seem to be just as stunned that the rest of us can't see this obvious truth

Regardless of who you think is the better candidate, it just doesn't make sense.

It's like console fanboyism. Some people just have this compulsive need to validate their choice by demonizing the other side.

Right but people don't tend to make shit up like "the 360 will connect to your PC and reformat it."

Defender on
  • Options
    Agent CooperAgent Cooper Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

It's from a satirical article by John Semmens for The Arizona Conservative, under the column "Semi-news."

So I guess people figured it must be semi-true or something.

Agent Cooper on
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2008

ooh it's a sunday

what? Nov 4th is the day of the actual election
    what the hell are you talking about?

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    rane are you planning to become a citizen eventually or what

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    NartwakNartwak Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Jesus, the 360 will reformat your PC?!

Nartwak on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Nartwak wrote: »
    Jesus, the 360 will reformat your PC?!

I'm running vista right now, so it's not like it could get worse

I'm gonna get out of here before some unwashed linux user tries to high five me

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    edited October 2008

dude oh my god I've been constantly doing things since like 4 Am leave me alone I'm so old

ALLAH IS GREAT

Raneados on
  • Options
    RanxRanx Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    ugh vista is such a clunky piece of shit

Ranx on
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2008

dude oh my god I've been constantly doing things since like 4 Am leave me alone I'm so old

ALLAH IS GREAT
    Rane Barack Adoodle
    9/11 never forget!

Druhim on
    belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I can't forget 9/11

I jerk it to the videos

Raneados on
  • Options
    EvanderEvander Disappointed Father Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    To be fair to Rane, it is a different day each time.

It is the first Tuesday in November.

Evander on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    see now I know that

except when i forget

just like when thanksgiving is

which isssss... the last thursday in november?

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    Evander wrote: »
    To be fair to Rane, it is a different day each time.

It is the first Tuesday in November.

technically it's the first tuesday after the first monday in november

which is just a complicated way of saying "no way we are doing this shit on the first"

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    redfenixredfenix Aka'd as rfix Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    hey
    how was the obama commercial thing

redfenix on
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2008
    I hear it was good, but I haven't had the chance to watch it yet.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    All Palin needs to do for a successful 2012 bid is throw McCain under the bus and go on a huge media tour with a memoir about how they refused to let a 'strong woman' speak and they kept her in the dark and blah blah blah blah. Men already love Palin, and this would probably win a lot of Republican women over.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    All Palin needs to do for a successful 2012 bid is throw McCain under the bus and go on a huge media tour with a memoir about how they refused to let a 'strong woman' speak and they kept her in the dark and blah blah blah blah. Men already love Palin, and this would probably win a lot of Republican women over.

Obama if elected would have to have a god awful first term for her to have any other label besides "campaign killer" in the eyes of any pub who isn't voting on pure gender or religious lines. Since there aren't a huge amount of the former and since the latter will likely be split since Mike Huckabee will also probably be running again I'd say Mitt Romney has a really strong chance at winning compared to either of em.

RedTide on
    RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    RedTide wrote: »

Obama if elected would have to have a god awful first term for her to have any other label besides "campaign killer" in the eyes of any pub who isn't voting on pure gender or religious lines. Since there aren't a huge amount of the former and since the latter will likely be split since Mike Huckabee will also probably be running again I'd say Mitt Romney has a really strong chance at winning compared to either of em.

Mitt Romney is a Mormon though. I think that's what really killed him hard last time around.

And I think whoever gets elected is going to have a rough first term because of the economy. If they don't fix it right away, people will call them liars, even if its impossible.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Ron Paul 2012... If he's still alive, what with both parties having sikked death squads of assassins on him... Especially that Islamic turrist Israel hater Obama and his secret best buddy Illuminati John...

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    sikked

Defender on
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Yep.

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • Options
    GRMikeGRMike The Last Best Hope for Humanity The God Pod Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Ron Paul 2012... If he's still alive, what with both parties having sikked death squads of assassins on him... Especially that Islamic turrist Israel hater Obama and his secret best buddy Illuminati John...

Dude, Ron Paul's major contributors are white supremacists. The man scares most Texans... that should tell you something.

Also:

Incase you missed it.

GRMike on
  • Options
    edited October 2008
    I was being a dumbshit. Please don't take that post seriously. I know no-one here knows anything about me, but I assure you, I am not that stupid. If I was American, I would damn sure be voting for Obama. Lesser of two evils, you see.

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • Options
    McClyMcCly Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Thanks for posting that, GRMike. (How is there a 30 minute video on youtube?)

McCly on
    kbellchewiesig.jpg
  • Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    RedTide wrote: »

Mitt Romney is a Mormon though. I think that's what really killed him hard last time around.

And I think whoever gets elected is going to have a rough first term because of the economy. If they don't fix it right away, people will call them liars, even if its impossible.

Given that Mittens is a Mormon and all, if Huck and Palin are both in that primary its going to divide the largest voting bloc each has going for them. And in all honesty after this sideshow of a primary, I can't see the fundie faction going for Palin over Huck (who has kept himself the fuck away from this campaign, a smart move politically).

I mean look at the qualities of each at a base level:

Palin:
    Being set up as the biggest reason for McCains failure if he loses on tuesday
    Deeply Religious
    No foreign policy experience
    Mired in corruption
    Governor of a "frontier" type state

Huck:
    Just as much religious appeal as Palin, but less scary to the mainstream
    Lost a primary once so some question of ability to lead
    Some corruption problems, but lets face it the stuff he was tied to doesn't hold a candle to Alaskan politics at present
    Former governor from the south

Not exactly a super in depth analysis, but I think in the end Huck comes off as way more identifiable and male then Palin to a lot of GOP primary voters and will even draw more moderate and "lets actually try to win" Pubs. So again I'd still put it to Huck or Mittens to win.

RedTide on
    RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    McCly wrote: »
    Thanks for posting that, GRMike. (How is there a 30 minute video on youtube?)

certain accounts can upload longer than 10min clips

i know the movie four-eyed monsters was posted in its entirety, for instance

also obama is going to be on the daily show in like 2 minutes, if anyone's interested

satansfingers on
  • Options
    EvanderEvander Disappointed Father Registered User regular
    edited October 2008

don't you mean John the Illuminatist?

Evander on
  • Options
    McClyMcCly Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Crap, I didn't even realize what time it was!

McCly on
    kbellchewiesig.jpg
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited October 2008
    I am going to try to be at the Sarasota event tomorrow.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    GRMikeGRMike The Last Best Hope for Humanity The God Pod Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    Please no spoilers on the Obama Daily Show. I'm gonna have to watch it when it is up on Hulu :(

GRMike on
  • Options
    satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular
    edited October 2008
    GRMike wrote: »
    Please no spoilers on the Obama Daily Show. I'm gonna have to watch it when it is up on Hulu :(

spoiler? really?

in a shocking twist, he talked about the economy and stuff

satansfingers on
  • Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2008
    GRMike wrote: »

Obama admitted to being an American-hating Muslim-terrorist.

Khavall on
This discussion has been closed.