Options

Fable II: Buy the DLC, or the lead designer gets it.

• Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I don't have near enough money for my liking, I need a nice cash injection to pursue my real estate dreams.

I hear people come away from co-op questing pretty minted, and I have yet to do anything in Fable 2 co-operatively.

If anyone feels kind enough to help me out in this regard, or even just to kill stuff together, I'd appreciate it.

GT is Jekkers, and I'll be online aaaalllllll evening.

How much do you need? Or would you prefer co-op(I could do that for a while).?

Egos on
  • Options
    strebaliciousstrebalicious Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    That darn ending...
    I didn't want the dog to begin with. Kept trying to find ways to get rid of him. So I saw the ending coming a mile away, and when my dog got shot, I just shrugged. Only useful thing he did was find my legendary blunderbuss.

strebalicious on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    jeddy leejeddy lee Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    That darn ending...
    I didn't want the dog to begin with. Kept trying to find ways to get rid of him. So I saw the ending coming a mile away, and when my dog got shot, I just shrugged. Only useful thing he did was find my legendary blunderbuss.

You sir, have the blackest of hearts, pumping not blood, but an oil like ooze, derived of the hate of a million lost souls screaming for death.

jeddy lee on
    Backlog Challenge: 0%
    0/8

PS2
    FF X replay

PS3
    God of War 1&2 HD
    Rachet and Clank Future
    MGS 4
    Prince of Persia

Bayonetta
    Fable 3

DS
    FF: 4 heroes of light
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    jack eddy wrote: »
    That darn ending...

You sir, have the blackest of hearts, pumping not blood, but an oil like ooze, derived of the hate of a million lost souls screaming for death.
    Nah, just happy that damn stray dog finally stopped following me. Twenty years. Seriously.

strebalicious on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I really was kinda "meh" toward the dog. I helped him out and such but he really didn't win me over...Odd I had more attachment to Midna in Twilight Princess and the Girl in Ico and they weren't nearly as helpful....

Maybe the dog was too helpful...
    wtf is up with that dog anyway? how does he live so long?

Egos on
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I was a big fan of that time my dog was supposed to be leading me to an archeology dig site and he decided to run in a circle chasing his tail for 5 minutes before finally moving on.

Houn on
  • Options
    Bacon-BuTTyBacon-BuTTy Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Egos wrote: »
    I don't have near enough money for my liking, I need a nice cash injection to pursue my real estate dreams.

I hear people come away from co-op questing pretty minted, and I have yet to do anything in Fable 2 co-operatively.

If anyone feels kind enough to help me out in this regard, or even just to kill stuff together, I'd appreciate it.

Umm, I dunno.. I have no fixed amount in my mind. Just alot more than I have now.

Questing would be fun too, if you know anything cool to do.

Bacon-BuTTy on
    Automasig.jpg
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I really was kinda "meh" toward the dog. I helped him out and such but he really didn't win me over...Odd I had more attachment to Midna in Twilight Princess and the Girl in Ico and they weren't nearly as helpful....

Maybe the dog was too helpful...
    wtf is up with that dog anyway? how does he live so long?

Heroic lineage. (Don't ask.)

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    edited January 2009

Umm, I dunno.. I have no fixed amount in my mind. Just alot more than I have now.

Aside from the quests in the game. No idea. We could breeze by alot of them with my amped up character if you'd like though.

Money wise..I'm unsure how people would make more money with co-op considering you don't get paid for quests..

edit; Actually I do have a rather insane income coming in, if you want to join my game and we can just allocate the funds to your character. That could work?

Gamer Tag is Invisible Man- but you will get like 8k per 5 minutes we play.

Egos on
  • Options
    edited January 2009

Aside from the quests in the game. No idea. We could breeze by alot of them with my amped up character if you'd like though.

Money wise..I'm unsure how people would make more money with co-op considering you don't get paid for quests..

Well I don't really wanna blast through the quests quickly, I'm not really finding that part hard. Just the money part.

I think I'm just stubborn and don't want to spend hours hammering swords.

Bacon-BuTTy on
    Automasig.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2009

Well I don't really wanna blast through the quests quickly, I'm not really finding that part hard. Just the money part.

hmm do you want to just hang about my game, make 8k every 5 minutes for a bit?

Or I can just give you some money, if you want to tell me an amount.

Egos on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Wait, where does the gold come from in Multi?

Houn on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Houn wrote: »
    Wait, where does the gold come from in Multi?

I was thinking revenue from buildings owned and such. And when someone joins you can just set allocate 100% the gold to them.

Egos on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I did not know that. That's pretty cool.

Houn on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    You get gold for being someone's henchman. I didn't play in a while and inadvertently gifted someone like a 100k tick. maybe more... I forget. it's not like I need the money anymore.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    I've only played co-op once. After watching them hammer swords for 5 minutes, I left.

Houn on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    most of my co-op time has been spent popping achievements for people.

but the time I did co-op to co-op it was fun. powered through some quest.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    edited January 2009

That sounds good, I can take a look at co-op whilst earning money?

Count me in.

When do you have time for this?

Bacon-BuTTy on
    Automasig.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2009

Count me in.

I can get on now..
    how far are you in the story (I can choose a character that wouldn't spoil anything)?

Alternatively I could give you 100-200k relatively easily if that would help out a great deal. Not sure what point you are at.

Egos on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Trying to get around them tight ass caves with that crappy camera caused me to give up all together on co-op.

strebalicious on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited January 2009

Count me in.

I can get on now..
    how far are you in the story (I can choose a character that wouldn't spoil anything)?

Alternatively I could give you 100-200k relatively easily if that would help out a great deal. Not sure what point you are at.

Just finished the crucible and about to leave for the spire....

Bacon-BuTTy on
    Automasig.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2009

Count me in.

I can get on now..

hmm thats tough I have a pre crucible/pre spire character , or ones that are just right afer the Spire, any preference? The first might be best. Just join my game whenever you want.

id= Invisible Man.

I dont think I have my mic with me at the moment though.

Egos on
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2009
    Because I just got home from work and can't see shit on the monitor due to the sun, here's the new leaderboards:

Spoilered just in case, top person amounts in parentheses
    Philanthropists - gold donated by all heroes ( top guy has 1,000,000,000 .. yeah)
    Evil Priests - people sacrificed to Evil God by all heroes (153)
    Assassins - assassinations completed by all heroes (23)
    Bounty Hunters - bounties collected by all heroes (39)
    Emancipators - slaves rescued by all heroes (36)
    Slavers - people - people put into slavery by heroes (12)
    Nobles - purity points earned by all heroes (21,132)
    Godfathers - corruption poitns earned by all heroes (7,607)
    Athletes - strength EXP earned by all heroes (6,030,509)
    Adepts - skill EXP earned by all heroes (7,825,792)
    Magi - will EXP earned by all heroes (6,942,275) (all 3 of those are the same guy)
    All-rounders - General EXP earned (276,674,321) (still that Vlad Reborn guy)

Decapitators (1102)
    Sadists - groin shots performed by all heroes (825)
    Marksmen - weapons shot out of enemy hands (869)
    Warriors - total damage dealt (4,573,041)
    Spellcasters - total magic damage (3,021,212)
    Punchbags - damage - total damage taken by heroes (462,217)
    Punchbags - hits - total hits taken by heroes (495,049)
    Deathseekers - total amount of fatalities by heroes (920)
    Medics - resurrection phials used by all heroes (31)
    Defenders - number of attacks blocked (658)
    Show Offs - number of flourishes by all heroes (2825)

edit: okay there are too many damn leaderboards, just go here and click on the categories until I put the rest in:

http://community.lionhead.com/fable2/

it appears the most popular job for money is beer serving

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited January 2009

Count me in.

I can get on now..

hmm thats tough I have a pre crucible/pre spire character , or ones that are just right afer the Spire, any preference? The first might be best. Just join my game whenever you want.

id= Invisible Man.

Friend request sent. Whichever character you feel is best I reckon. :)

Bacon-BuTTy on
    Automasig.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2009

Count me in.

I can get on now..

id= Invisible Man.

Friend request sent. Whichever character you feel is best I reckon. :)

Ah christ I haven't downloaded Knothole island stuff yet......

This is gonna take a while. I'll get it done now though.

Thanks anyway, if you're still on a bit later I'll drop you a line.

Bacon-BuTTy on
    Automasig.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    Because I just got home from work and can't see shit on the monitor due to the sun, here's the new leaderboards:

Spoilered just in case, top person amounts in parentheses
    Philanthropists - gold donated by all heroes ( top guy has 1,000,000,000 .. yeah)
    Evil Priests - people sacrificed to Evil God by all heroes (153)
    Assassins - assassinations completed by all heroes (23)
    Bounty Hunters - bounties collected by all heroes (39)
    Emancipators - slaves rescued by all heroes (36)
    Slavers - people - people put into slavery by heroes (12)
    Nobles - purity points earned by all heroes (21,132)
    Godfathers - corruption poitns earned by all heroes (7,607)
    Athletes - strength EXP earned by all heroes (6,030,509)
    Adepts - skill EXP earned by all heroes (7,825,792)
    Magi - will EXP earned by all heroes (6,942,275) (all 3 of those are the same guy)
    All-rounders - General EXP earned (276,674,321) (still that Vlad Reborn guy)

Decapitators (1102)
    Sadists - groin shots performed by all heroes (825)
    Marksmen - weapons shot out of enemy hands (869)
    Warriors - total damage dealt (4,573,041)
    Spellcasters - total magic damage (3,021,212)
    Punchbags - damage - total damage taken by heroes (462,217)
    Punchbags - hits - total hits taken by heroes (495,049)
    Deathseekers - total amount of fatalities by heroes (920)
    Medics - resurrection phials used by all heroes (31)
    Defenders - number of attacks blocked (658)
    Show Offs - number of flourishes by all heroes (2825)

edit: okay there are too many damn leaderboards, just go here and click on the categories until I put the rest in:

http://community.lionhead.com/fable2/

it appears the most popular job for money is beer serving

oh my. when I log in I think I might be in the top 10 for Sadists.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited January 2009
    Looks like it's starting from the patch for the new leaderboards.

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Is it actually worth spending 20k+ (baring in mind thats pretty much all I have) on a decent new weapon? (99dmg or so) or am I just as likely to find one as good in my travels?

Bacon-BuTTy on
    Automasig.jpg
  • Options
    Kris_xKKris_xK Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    BIG MONEY / COOP DISCUSSION

In the beginning, getting money is a pain in the ass. The trick is to save up and buy big businesses (IE blacksmith), which will get the money rolling in.

If you need some investors, hit me up in game and Ill hook you up with some cash.
    Is it actually worth spending 20k+ (baring in mind thats pretty much all I have) on a decent new weapon? (99dmg or so) or am I just as likely to find one as good in my travels?

Only if you're having trouble with combat right now. If you're doing ok, leave it for a bit. Keep in mind that Blacksmiths will often have sales, where you can pick up a 20K weapons for 5K... and then sell them back once the sale is over.

Kris_xK on
    calvinhobbessleddingsig2.gif
  • Options
    deowolfdeowolf is allowed to do that. Traffic.Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    DLC tip - if you're going through, and see something up on a ledge in a dungeon, try and get it right then. There is no going back to the dungeons after you beat them.

I am so super pissed about that. Also, does anyone have a puny carrots. And regal purple dye. Really? Those are the two items I'm gonna get hung up on? Balloonknot Island, I'm so disappointed in you.

On the other hand, four-slot augment weapons = yay.

deowolf on
    [SIGPIC]acocoSig.jpg[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Doing a replay as evil and I hadn't realised how much Bowerstone old town would change as a result of your childhood choices.
    Does thingumy port town change much if you don't invest in Barnum co.?

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    deowolf wrote: »
    DLC tip - if you're going through, and see something up on a ledge in a dungeon, try and get it right then. There is no going back to the dungeons after you beat them.

I am so super pissed about that. Also, does anyone have a puny carrots. And regal purple dye. Really? Those are the two items I'm gonna get hung up on? Balloonknot Island, I'm so disappointed in you.

On the other hand, four-slot augment weapons = yay.

Yea. I got through the first one pretty quickly, but I made a point of grabbing that one.

The DLC actually reminded me of playing Zelda.

Are banshees usually that verbose?

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    DomhnallDomhnall Minty D. Vision! ScotlandRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Doing a replay as evil and I hadn't realised how much Bowerstone old town would change as a result of your childhood choices.
    Does thingumy port town change much if you don't invest in Barnum co.?
    I think it stays exactly the same. i.e. a shit hole.

Domhnall on
    Xbox Live - Minty D Vision
    Steam - Minty D. Vision!
    Origin/BF3 - MintyDVision
  • Options
    darklite_xdarklite_x I'm not an r-tard... Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    When I check the DLC for Knothole Island there's a (free) version and a (premium) version. Would anyone care to elaborate on the difference?

darklite_x on
    Steam ID: darklite_x Xbox Gamertag: Darklite 37 PSN:Rage_Kage_37 Battle.Net:darklite#2197
  • Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Free: allows you to play co-op with someone who has bought the full version (premium)

Premium: allows you to play through on your own (or lead a co-op game with someone who has downloaded the free version).

Basically the free version is all the new items and quest data so it can display properly but it does not give you access to the island on your own.

destroyah87 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    darklite_xdarklite_x I'm not an r-tard... Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Thanks for the info!

darklite_x on
    Steam ID: darklite_x Xbox Gamertag: Darklite 37 PSN:Rage_Kage_37 Battle.Net:darklite#2197
  • Options
    Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    After playing through two 'dungeons' on the DLC I'm about ready to shoot my dog. Really, Fido? More buried treasure? What's that? Someone buried A SHITTY RING I'M THE KING OF THE WORLD I DON'T NEED THIS RING STOP BARKING AT ME

Mr Pink on
  • Options
    edited January 2009
    Mr Pink wrote: »
    After playing through two 'dungeons' on the DLC I'm about ready to shoot my dog. Really, Fido? More buried treasure? What's that? Someone buried A SHITTY RING I'M THE KING OF THE WORLD I DON'T NEED THIS RING STOP BARKING AT ME
    And here I thought the treasure he kept pinging just randomly sucked for me personally.

Turns out 5-star treasure hunt is just annoying.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    If I'm reading this thread title correctly Peter Molyneux dies if we don't buy the DLC?

I see only one way to profit from this situation and it does not involve spending money.

kedinik on
    I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    DLC spoiler.
    Last night I played for a bit and decided to quit without saving to try all the new potions and weapons. Then I decided to bring my dog back.

I am amazed at the actual real life emotion I felt when the doors opened up and it was MY DOG. Same name, same collar he had on at his death.

Its gonna be REALLY hard as a hero to stick to my "no dead citizen" guns and not bring him back for real.

mxmarks on
    PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
This discussion has been closed.